Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Pre-Match: Manchester United v Liverpool FC. 16th March 2014. KO: 13.30 hr

Read 33036 times
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 6,033 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Pre-Match: Manchester United v Liverpool FC. 16th March 2014. KO: 13.30 hr
      Mar 02, 2014 05:27:50 pm

Emotions will be on SuperDrive with this one
      « Last Edit: Mar 02, 2014 05:58:42 pm by solodee »
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Re: Manchester United v Liverpool FC. 16th March 2014. Time: 13.30 hr Pre-Match
      Reply #1: Mar 02, 2014 05:33:44 pm
      A 2 week break will do us the world of good to plan this one out .Will Rodgers start with a 4-4-2 or a 4-3-3 ?
      solodee
      • Started Topic

• 6,033 posts | 147 
      Reply #2: Mar 02, 2014 05:43:01 pm
      I will like to see three central defenders really.

3-4-3

Mignolet
                           Toure Skrtel Agger
                 Flanigan.                     Johnson
                            Gerrard. Henderson
                     Sturridge. Suarez. Sterling

Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #3: Mar 02, 2014 05:51:43 pm

Now is not time to f**k with the formation in all honesty. We have been playing good football and finally kept a clean sheet last game. No need to change anything formation wise.

I would keep the back 4 the same. Sakho should be back but I do not want to throw him back in against ManU after being out for so long. Lucas will be back as well. Would put Gerrard, Hendo and Allen in the middle with a front three of Suarez, Sturridge and Sterling. Coutinho has not been playing well and he would be the man I drop for this game unless he is setting the world alight in training.

All of this could change in two weeks but this would be a good side for us to play.
      solodee
      • Started Topic

• 6,033 posts | 147 
      Re: Pre-Match: Manchester United v Liverpool FC. 16th March 2014. KO: 13.30 hr
      Reply #4: Mar 02, 2014 06:03:10 pm
      Now is not time to f**k with the formation in all honesty. We have been playing good football and finally kept a clean sheet last game. No need to change anything formation wise.

You know, against the scum, it's not just 3 points that is at stake. Tempers will be flaring, emotions will be high. You know the drill. They also have a two strikers that will want to rise to the occasion like we will want to do.

Well Brendan knows best. I bet this time, 3 points will have to do.

Get In, Win It, Get Out!

bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #5: Mar 02, 2014 06:24:54 pm
      I think  Rodgers will go 4-3-3 , united's MF won't worry us and the 3 would be sufficient to control them .Gerrard and  Henderson as usual I'm not sure about dropping Couthinho and playing Allen , even though Allen had a good game against Southampton .
      DaktionLFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,084 posts | 84 
      Reply #6: Mar 02, 2014 06:31:23 pm
      this is going to be a very long 2 wks. 

we'll have practically the full team by the time this game is played.  absolutely no excuses and the scum will be super motivated to mess up our charge for the league title.

We need to have our tactics perfect and the lads super charged up from the beginning whistle till the end.

I can't see either teams keeping a clean sheet so our SaSaS needs to really pile it on
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #7: Mar 02, 2014 06:36:49 pm
      This is going to be the biggest game against the Mancs in years. Anyone know if Sahko will be fit for this game?
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #8: Mar 02, 2014 06:54:11 pm
      Were 2 weeks away and a pre match thread - its Liverpool vs. Utd and that says it all to be honest...

I haven't been this confident going into a game for a long time against these guys and they will be worried about us for sure. I expect a win to all but put their chances of a top 4 to bed. That would give us a 14 Points ahead of them with 9 games left to play and a possible 27 points - we would be able to lose every other one and still finish above them... They also have to play in the CL 3 days after chasing a 2 goal defecit so players will have to be rested or they will be shattered. They also have another game to play before us as well so not ideal for them!

We should look to attack these guys, would love to see the stadium empty before the 60th min again like it was a few season back..!

I do however expect this game to be a bloodbath if the ref is not very careful - expect Evra to do something off key to Suarez and Rooney to be all over him too... Part of me thinks rest him and leave it unless needed to avoid any sh*t that could dislodge him from the team. With Sturridge and Sterling there is enough pace ad guile to take Utd's old defence to the cleaners...

Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #9: Mar 02, 2014 07:09:53 pm

3-4-3

Mignolet
                           Toure Skrtel Agger
                 Flanigan.                     Johnson
                            Gerrard. Henderson
                     Sturridge. Suarez. Sterling
      That's more like a 5-2-3 than a 3-4-3. It's also even worse than a 5-3-2. Look at the glaring space for mata right in the centre.  I'd play your formation if I was planning to lose heavily. Lets stick to the 4-3-3 that has been getting us 13 points from the last 15.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #10: Mar 02, 2014 07:14:26 pm
      Were 2 weeks away and a pre match thread - its Liverpool vs. Utd and that says it all to be honest...

I haven't been this confident going into a game for a long time against these guys and they will be worried about us for sure. I expect a win to all but put their chances of a top 4 to bed. That would give us a 14 Points ahead of them with 9 games left to play and a possible 27 points - we would be able to lose every other one and still finish above them... They also have to play in the CL 3 days after chasing a 2 goal defecit so players will have to be rested or they will be shattered. They also have another game to play before us as well so not ideal for them!

We should look to attack these guys, would love to see the stadium empty before the 60th min again like it was a few season back..!

I do however expect this game to be a bloodbath if the ref is not very careful - expect Evra to do something off key to Suarez and Rooney to be all over him too... Part of me thinks rest him and leave it unless needed to avoid any sh*t that could dislodge him from the team. With Sturridge and Sterling there is enough pace ad guile to take Utd's old defence to the cleaners...

??? There is no way in hell Suarez will accept being rested for this or indeed should be! If the manager and player did that we'd look cowardly in their eyes. We're going into a pressure cooker here - they'll be right up for it as will their fans because for the first time IN A LONG TIME they are playing at home to Liverpool as the underdogs. Such is their status is that just a couple of more games could see the demise of Moyes. I find it unbelievable that anyone would shirk from the fight for this one because there are plenty of players playing in this match who have had enough of Manchester United and their soulless dominance the last 20 years. Steven Gerrard is seeing them down on the ground and he is wanting to give them a MONUMENTAL kicking. Suarez as well and every other Liverpool player and fan wants to f**k these guys over. This is a golden opportunity to do the double over them this season, to win there for the first time in 5 years. I feel like a f**king rottweiler chomping at the bit. LET THEM HAVE IT I SAY, LET THEM HAVE IT!
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #11: Mar 02, 2014 08:04:53 pm

Rest our best player because Evra might become childish and "target" him? No thanks! Suarez is going to make Evra look like a pathetic little loud mouth. This is one of our two fiercest rivals, we have a massive opportunity to send them packing possibly into the Europa League, we should not be resting anybody!
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #12: Mar 02, 2014 08:16:52 pm
      The only way Suarez will miss this match is if he drops dead between now and then.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #13: Mar 02, 2014 08:18:24 pm
      See below ..
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Reply #14: Mar 02, 2014 08:37:07 pm
      All matches against the Scums are huge but this is just the biggest in recent history because of our title challenge. We need the 3 points and with us playing some superb football, what are the odds on us hitting the scums for 6 or 7.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #15: Mar 02, 2014 08:46:22 pm
      Bubonic
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 634 posts | 25 
      Reply #16: Mar 02, 2014 09:02:23 pm
      This match is dangerous.

Its a 1:30 in the afternoon, the day before Paddy's day and I live in Dublin.

If we win and I have no work the next day, many of my brain cells should just pack
      their bags now.
      yacster
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 524 posts |
      Reply #17: Mar 02, 2014 09:17:20 pm
      Tricky game. Can see it being a draw. Will they play their best front 6 who started against palace or will moyes play Valencia/cleverley/young? They will try their best against us. Whichever defenders they put out (hope its the pensioners) we will fancy nicking goals..
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #18: Mar 02, 2014 09:37:50 pm
      To be honest I think I was more scared of playing Swansea and Southampton than United. I know F**k me right not sure how it is possible. Fact of the matter is, United look so awful it is unbelievable. Their tactics actually work against them as RVP made clear himself. Their midfield is horrendous. If we can control that midfield we control the game. And their defense will struggle with our front three. I am feeling very confident about this one. Not cocky but overly-confident.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,112 posts | 2766 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #19: Mar 02, 2014 10:51:34 pm
      Sh*te lads 2 weeks out and were off!!

Huge huge game. If we go for the throat I think well destroy them. There back 4 is poo there midfield is nothing special RVP is a rat looking to jump ship and Moyes is manager. But watch them raise there game. To be fair to them they always do ok against the big sides.

But if our back 4 do there job you just cant see there back 4 stopping our front 3

Win here and we will go and win the league   
      TheShanklyGates
      • Forum Ian St John

• 438 posts |
      Reply #20: Mar 03, 2014 10:26:17 am
      Huge game. Their defence won't be able to handle our front 3. They'll obviously be up for this but so will we. We are more than capable of taking them to the cleaners. 3 points and we'll look very good for the title.
      Tadders

• 6,724 posts | 567 
      Reply #21: Mar 03, 2014 10:37:09 am
      Let's not get too cocky FFS....
      Salavaria
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 381 posts | 41 
      Reply #22: Mar 03, 2014 10:46:06 am
      I don't think we should worry about these plucky, mid-table strugglers. if we start arsing about with our team, we'll only make trouble for ourselves. Same 11 as Sat, blitz them all a new poo-chute. I see a better result that the 4-1 drubbing we gave them in '09.

Quick Reply