Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Rodolfo Borrell & Frank McParland Sacked?

Read 20732 times
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,966 posts | 3944 
      Re: Rodolfo Borrell & Frank McParland Sacked?
      Reply #230: Mar 13, 2014 04:00:23 pm
      Or truth that didn't fit your view point?

Or we're not being given the opportunity to discover the truth, for some reason there appears to be a reluctance to shed some light on the finer points of their dismissal, that fact alone leads to speculation.
      Personal opinion is irrelevant.
      Bier
      Reply #231: Mar 13, 2014 04:02:26 pm
      Seems there is some mileage in the rumours he was talking to city and that's why they were sacked.

I'd guess his "gardening leave" is now up and that's why city made the announcement they did yesterday.

It's a shame, but f**k them if they were going behind the clubs back.

I imagine managers, coaches and players regularly go behind their club's backs. And vice versa. Rodolfo worked with City's TD for many years at Barcelona, so it's unrealistic to expect that these people wouldn't talk at some point. From what I understand most clubs test the waters first before making any official approaches.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #232: Mar 13, 2014 04:02:52 pm
      None of us know.

Having said that, It seems like the rumours of holding talks with City led to a dismissal weren't too wide of the mark.
      I still think it was a mistake to let him go, but unless he was given a more senior role, such as promotion to the first
      team, then it was always a risk a bigger challenge would tempt Rodolfo once we had our overhaul.

Lets face it, the club's youth structure has gone through a massive overhaul since 2009.
      Once the last few appointments were made then Rodolfo either had to move up to be number 2 or look
      for a bigger challenge.

Looks like he's got International Development, which might mean involvement with the City "Franchises".
      Either way thanks for your time here Rodolfo.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #233: Mar 13, 2014 04:05:00 pm
      Or we're not being given the opportunity to discover the truth, for some reason there appears to be a reluctance to shed some light on the finer points of their dismissal, that fact alone leads to speculation.
      Personal opinion is irrelevant.

If personal opinion is irrelevant, why do you so often only espouse view points that fit with your opinion? I'm not saying it's wrong and you're not the only one, I do it, but why dismiss an opinion or something that may be true, because it doesn't fit your agenda, then replace it with pure supposition on your part, when, as you say, personal opinion is irrelevant.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,966 posts | 3944 
      Reply #234: Mar 13, 2014 04:36:59 pm
      If personal opinion is irrelevant, why do you so often only espouse view points that fit with your opinion? I'm not saying it's wrong and you're not the only one, I do it, but why dismiss an opinion or something that may be true, because it doesn't fit your agenda, then replace it with pure supposition on your part, when, as you say, personal opinion is irrelevant.

And that right there is your opinion.
      Debate entails a certain amount of questioning a proposition and endeavouring to ascertain it's credibility or not, the 'agenda' you speak of is my perception of the matter.
      A forceful discussion with one party gaining the upper hand through reasoned debate is what might be described as dismissive , although if the subject matter is as frail as to be dismissed as readily as you imply, such discussion would probably not ensue initially.
      There are too many switched on people on this forum to bulldoze in the manner you suggest and I would be extremely naïve to attempt such behaviour.     
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #235: Mar 13, 2014 04:54:59 pm
      I imagine managers, coaches and players regularly go behind their club's backs. And vice versa. Rodolfo worked with City's TD for many years at Barcelona, so it's unrealistic to expect that these people wouldn't talk at some point. From what I understand most clubs test the waters first before making any official approaches.

I'd imagine exactly that does happen.

From my point of view though as a loyal Liverpool supporter I now see him as a bit of a c**t for going behind the clubs back so to speak.

I understand that this is completely unreasonable, and that I wouldn't give a sh*t about us going behind the backs of other clubs, but F**k it  :laugh:
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #236: Mar 15, 2014 01:51:44 am
      Glad we were on the ball in November.

Showed that we werent to be fu**ed over by employees and we knew what was going on.

Like Torres. It was probably all about the money.

F**k em.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #237: Mar 15, 2014 08:22:22 am
      seemed like he was sniffing for a move out so we got rid.. like Reina..
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #238: Mar 15, 2014 09:45:54 am
      It's a shame, but f**k them if they were going behind the clubs back.

Glad we were on the ball in November.Showed that we werent to be fu**ed over by employees and we knew what was going on.Like Torres. It was probably all about the money.F**k em.

Imagine if one of us had a coaching job at Marseille, who we have no affiliation to, and then PSG wanted to talk to us with all of their money. No F***ing way on this earth would we refuse to talk to them because it would be going behind Marseille's back.

What could we expect them to do. Resign before talking to them? It goes on in football an I am very sure Liverpool know this and so should we. It would be very naïve of us not to and I am certainly not convinced that talking to somebody else was the real reason that they were fired.

Its funny, and please don't take any of this as a pop at the two posts I've quoted as we all do it, but isn't it easy to just wash your hands with a Borrell or a McParland for daring to talk to somebody else but then totally dismiss the quite despicable disloyalty from Luis Suarez last Summer whilst wiping his saliva from our faces and cheering him every time he scores a goal?

If Liverpool are so up on loyalty from its staff then Suarez really shouldn't pulling on the shirt should he? If it was about money then he would have been sold right?

And Luis? One is important to the Manager's vision and it seems that the other three were not.

F**k all about loyalty when it comes down to it. If it was then none of us would be celebrating when Luis scores tomorrow.

FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #239: Mar 15, 2014 09:49:09 am

people still can't get the whole Reina thing was about his wages, simple as really...
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #240: Mar 15, 2014 09:52:38 am
      people still can't get the whole Reina thing was about his wages, simple as really...

Na, it was because some of us love Rafa more than Rodgers. Haven't you heard?
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #241: Mar 15, 2014 09:58:57 am

Far from the whole thing, a part of it for sure, but one of many parts.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #242: Mar 15, 2014 09:59:19 am
      Seems there is some mileage in the rumours he was talking to city and that's why they were sacked.

I'd guess his "gardening leave" is now up and that's why city made the announcement they did yesterday.

I'm not saying the rumours didn't exist but I can't remember hearing any rumours at the time to be honest.

You're right about "gardening leave" by the way... isn't that what happened to City's then employees [scouts] Fallows and Hunter when we talked to them before Brendan's arrival or so the rumour goes?

If the rumours are true it would appear this sort of thing goes on quite a lot by the looks of things. Ah well... 'stones', 'glass houses' and all that.   :-\
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #243: Mar 15, 2014 10:01:55 am
      Imagine if one of us had a coaching job at Marseille, who we have no affiliation to, and then PSG wanted to talk to us with all of their money. No f**king way on this earth would we refuse to talk to them because it would be going behind Marseille's back.

What could we expect them to do. Resign before talking to them? It goes on in football an I am very sure Liverpool know this and so should we. It would be very naïve of us not to and I am certainly not convinced that talking to somebody else was the real reason that they were fired.

Its funny, and please don't take any of this as a pop at the two posts I've quoted as we all do it, but isn't it easy to just wash your hands with a Borrell or a McParland for daring to talk to somebody else but then totally dismiss the quite despicable disloyalty from Luis Suarez last Summer whilst wiping his saliva from our faces and cheering him every time he scores a goal?

If Liverpool are so up on loyalty from its staff then Suarez really shouldn't pulling on the shirt should he? If it was about money then he would have been sold right?

And Luis? One is important to the Manager's vision and it seems that the other three were not.

F**k all about loyalty when it comes down to it. If it was then none of us would be celebrating when Luis scores tomorrow.

Spot on lad

Loyalty only seems to be a one way process in the modern game, are we loyal to players or managers we sell or sack? Or do we deem them not what we need anymore?
      We can't complain both ways.

We forget as well that these two aren't/weren't Rodgers men, he may not have seen them as where he wanted the academy to go and that they didn't feel he wanted them, he may have been looking to restructure the academy in the future and they felt they were just ticking along as opposed to how they have been working over the years.

They have to look after themselves and their careers, and if they didn't see it here or we didn't see them here then no worries.

Anyway let them work at city, their model doesn't generally fit with developing and promoting youth with the cash they chimichanga at it..

I rated Borrel highly but maybe Brendan didn't and I trust our managers judgement, as I would with any player.

But the loyalty thing makes me giggle.. I didn't hear fans banging the drum and demanding Downing stay when he said he wanted to, were we loyal when we waved him off to the Bowlyn?

Football like in life doesn't work that way
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #244: Mar 15, 2014 10:02:13 am
      I'm not saying the rumours didn't exist but I can't remember hearing any rumours at the time to be honest.

You're right about "gardening leave" by the way... isn't that what happened to City's then employees [scouts] Fallows and Hunter when we talked to them before Brendan's arrival or so the rumour goes?

If the rumours are true it would appear this sort of thing goes on quite a lot by the looks of things. Ah well... 'stones', 'glass houses' and all that.   :-\

exactly, I love the sheer hypocrisy of people when it comes to this and things like tapping up.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #245: Mar 15, 2014 10:03:59 am
      Na, it was because some of us love Rafa more than Rodgers. Haven't you heard?

You can love both

It's like dipping into the w*nk back catalogue for an ex when with a new girl..

Doesn't mean you don't love to new one, sometimes you just remember hot nights when you bent Madrid over
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,966 posts | 3944 
      Reply #246: Mar 15, 2014 11:19:23 am
      You can love both

It's like dipping into the w*nk back catalogue for an ex when with a new girl..

Doesn't mean you don't love to new one, sometimes you just remember hot nights when you bent Madrid over

Kin L Jon got me sweating here lad.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #247: Mar 15, 2014 11:19:38 am
      The silence was deafening when they went and while there may have been some disagreement about long term objectives and methods etc, their presence at the club may not have been conducive to somebodies plans for LFC.
      The rumours about them negotiating with other clubs was just that, rumour and a convenient distraction.

Why would you automatically find the silence deafening and then presume it was because their presence wasn't conducive to somebodies plans at LFC?

Why would you not think that Citeh were found playing kiss chase with Borrell, and rather the club air Borrell's dirty linen in public; why wouldn't you credit the club with keeping their cards close to their chests - and doing things the "Liverpool way". Allowing Borrell the privacy to leave with his dignity in tact where Red fans are concerned?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,966 posts | 3944 
      Reply #248: Mar 15, 2014 11:47:04 am
      Why would you automatically find the silence deafening and then presume it was because their presence wasn't conducive to somebodies plans at LFC?

The lack of any cohesive explanation for their departure could only lead to speculation, the fact that it still bewilders certainly gives no cause for the speculation to cease. The implication is there is reason for the club to be less than open about the exact circumstances of them leaving from. I merely find the situation puzzling.

Why would you not think that Citeh were found playing kiss chase with Borrell, and rather the club air Borrell's dirty linen in public; why wouldn't you credit the club with keeping their cards close to their chests - and doing things the "Liverpool way". Allowing Borrell the privacy to leave with his dignity in tact where Red fans are concerned?

''The Liverpool Way'' has not been evident in the strictest sense for many a year, it is extremely unlikely it was reprised for this scenario, 
      I would agree with your reference to dignity etc but do think that admirable quality in this context was present in only one party involved.

Quick Reply