Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Pre-Match: Manchester United v Liverpool FC. 16th March 2014. KO: 13.30 hr

Read 33063 times
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,920 posts | 964 
      Re: Pre-Match: Manchester United v Liverpool FC. 16th March 2014. KO: 13.30 hr
      Reply #138: Mar 11, 2014 03:34:25 pm
      I can't wait for this one!!  The scummers have a midweek tie that they need to go all out to try and win, and their aging players (Vidic, Evra, Ferdinand, Carrick, and even RVP) will likely not be fully recovered from what is sure to be a taxing game.  Also, United have had big issues against teams with pace up front, and SaS have pace in abundance!!

I've got a feeling this will be one of our most comfortable wins over them in years!  Going for 4-1 just like the game in 09 :)
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,209 posts | 2799 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #139: Mar 11, 2014 07:34:09 pm
      Clattenburg is the ref
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,543 posts | 1666 
      • YNWA
      Reply #140: Mar 11, 2014 09:34:25 pm
      They play Olympiacos after us by the way...

It's City who play this week.

Ah, OK. So they will be fresh, like us :) Still think it'll be close. They seem to be finding some form, though that is relative to real averageness.
      We go out there and play as we have been, we're good enough to take all 3 pts.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #141: Mar 12, 2014 06:59:31 am
      Anyone saw Atletico-Milan? How was Clattenburg's consistency?
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #142: Mar 12, 2014 10:42:20 am
      They genuinely believe this can be a turning point in their terrible season.

I'm not going to ignore the fact RVP and Rooney can (and might) get goals, but the way we are and the football we play....  Not to mention the way we can set up a team to attack.

The only way we will lose this will be through not turning up.  Simple as that
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #143: Mar 12, 2014 12:01:10 pm

Eh... not too bad.

Could have been worse - Webb.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #144: Mar 12, 2014 01:02:54 pm
      Ah, OK. So they will be fresh, like us :) Still think it'll be close. They seem to be finding some form, though that is relative to real averageness.
      We go out there and play as we have been, we're good enough to take all 3 pts.

They seem to be finding some form based on how inconsistent they've been all season but in general terms they will need a couple more wins in a row to have form worth talking positively about (from their perspective). Wins against West Brom and Crystal Palace are all they have to brag about in their previous 5 league games. Before that they had a dull and negatively played out 0-0 draw with Arsenal (decent result in fairness), a draw with Fulham (because they had no imagination in attack) and a defeat away at Stoke (who we beat 5-3).

Against the top 5 & Everton this season these are their results:
      Home
      Away
      Chelsea
      Drew 0-0
      Lost 3-1
      Liverpool
      pending
      Lost 1-0
      Man City
      pending
      Lost 4-1
      Arsenal
      Won 1-0
      Drew 0-0
      Spurs
      Lost 2-1
      Drew 2-2
      Everton
      Lost 1-0
      pending
      Home - taken 4 points from a possible 12
      Away - taken 2 points from a possible 15
      Combined - taken 6 points from a possible 27

So in 9 games against the top 5 & Everton  they've won 1, drew 3 and lost 5. At home they've won 1 drew 1 and lost 2.

Compare that to our form:

Home
      Away
      Man Utd
      Won 1-0
      pending
      Arsenal
      Won 5-1
      Lost 2-0
      Everton
      Won 4-0
      Drew 3-3
      Spurs
      pending
      Won 5-0
      Man City
      pending
      Lost 2-1
      Chelsea
      pending
      Lost 2-1

Home - we have taken 9 points from a possible 9
      Away - we have taken 4 points from a possible 15
      Combined - we have taken 13 points from a possible 24

Looking at that we haven't been too clever away from home against similar teams either but our home form (so far) has been faultless which makes me glad that this is our last away game against a top team.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #145: Mar 12, 2014 01:07:54 pm
      They genuinely believe this can be a turning point in their terrible season.

It is the only 'trophy' left for them to compete for although when we've beaten them I'll be hoping they take points off City for us  ;D
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #146: Mar 12, 2014 01:36:44 pm
      This is going to be our greatest win against Man Utd since that 4-1 spanking at Old Trafford under Benitez. Can't wait.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,313 posts | 6378 
      Reply #147: Mar 12, 2014 01:37:30 pm
      They seem to be finding some form based on how inconsistent they've been all season but in general terms they will need a couple more wins in a row to have form worth talking positively about (from their perspective). Wins against West Brom and Crystal Palace are all they have to brag about in their previous 5 league games. Before that they had a dull and negatively played out 0-0 draw with Arsenal (decent result in fairness), a draw with Fulham (because they had no imagination in attack) and a defeat away at Stoke (who we beat 5-3).

Against the top 5 & Everton this season these are their results:
      Home
      Away
      Chelsea
      Drew 0-0
      Lost 3-1
      Liverpool
      pending
      Lost 1-0
      Man City
      pending
      Lost 4-1
      Arsenal
      Won 1-0
      Drew 0-0
      Spurs
      Lost 2-1
      Drew 2-2
      Everton
      Lost 1-0
      pending
      Home - taken 4 points from a possible 12
      Away - taken 2 points from a possible 15
      Combined - taken 6 points from a possible 27

So in 9 games against the top 5 & Everton  they've won 1, drew 3 and lost 5. At home they've won 1 drew 1 and lost 2.

Compare that to our form:

Home
      Away
      Man Utd
      Won 1-0
      pending
      Arsenal
      Won 5-1
      Lost 2-0
      Everton
      Won 4-0
      Drew 3-3
      Spurs
      pending
      Won 5-0
      Man City
      pending
      Lost 2-1
      Chelsea
      pending
      Lost 2-1

Home - we have taken 9 points from a possible 9
      Away - we have taken 4 points from a possible 15
      Combined - we have taken 13 points from a possible 24

Looking at that we haven't been too clever away from home against similar teams either but our home form (so far) has been faultless which makes me glad that this is our last away game against a top team.

If we beat the scum, spuds, City and Chavs, that title is as good as ours.
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #148: Mar 12, 2014 03:03:28 pm
      If we beat the scum, spuds, City and Chavs, that title is as good as ours.

That's a very big 'if' mate.

I am not so confident of this match itself never mind playing Chelski and (little less) Citeh.
      We are always sh*te coming from a big break.
      That b*@:****rd Evra will kick the sh*te out of Suarez (most likely) or Sturridge (just to spoil our chances of winning the title).

I go for a very nervous (for me and LFC) 1 - 1.

Sorry to be so pessimistic but ...
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,925 posts | 283 
      Reply #149: Mar 12, 2014 03:46:31 pm
      Cant wait for Suarez to score and celebrate a-la Borini.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #150: Mar 12, 2014 04:32:43 pm
      That's a very big 'if' mate.

I am not so confident of this match itself never mind playing Chelski and (little less) Citeh.
      We are always sh*te coming from a big break.
      That b*@:****rd Evra will kick the sh*te out of Suarez (most likely) or Sturridge (just to spoil our chances of winning the title).

I go for a very nervous (for me and LFC) 1 - 1.

Sorry to be so pessimistic but ...

With bacon face gone the chances of the F***ing liar Evra doing what he does best are virtually nil.
      The Suarez debacle last season is being seen for what it was, a conspiracy instigated by the F***ing liar and endorsed by his unscrupulous manager to undermine the player and LFC, the F***ing liar knows there is no safety net and his cheating will be under greater scrutiny - as will the conduct of the acting officials.
      There could very well be a sending off as they are frustrated by the SAS, go for a 1-2 win for us.   

Bl00D
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 750 posts |
      Reply #151: Mar 12, 2014 04:50:04 pm
      Not being over-confident here, that debacle of a team will be wanting to win this more than any other, that said, tons of space for the sas to play with.
      1-5 do one better than last time we humbled them ;) :8
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #152: Mar 12, 2014 05:56:01 pm
      Lucas is back and will be available .....
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #153: Mar 12, 2014 06:20:38 pm
      Under normal circumstances I'd have us as huge favourites to win this, simply because to my mind we have a far better team. Unfortunately however, just as when they had a much better team than us, there is still the capacity with plenty of will, aggression and hard graft to turn the tables. Nothing would give them greater pleasure than to assist in killing off our outside title challenge, and I expect them to be unrecognisable from the team which has stumbled it's way through the season. We can still win it obviously, but I think it will be very close. 2-1 to us is my hope.

Who's the ref BTW, not Webb surely?
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #154: Mar 12, 2014 06:22:07 pm
      Who's the ref BTW, not Webb surely?

Clattenburg.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #155: Mar 12, 2014 06:31:56 pm

Marginally better I guess. Don't think he's any kind of Chelsea fan so he won't be looking to do them any favours at least.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #156: Mar 12, 2014 06:34:25 pm
      I fancy us to win this, I just can't see their defence keeping all three of Suarez, Sturridge and Sterling at bay, plus Stevie will be well up for this game as well, as will all of the lads I expect. PLus they have dissent in the ranks with Van pissie.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #157: Mar 13, 2014 12:45:13 am
      They're managed by David F***ing Moyes.

If we lose I'm going to neck myself.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #158: Mar 13, 2014 12:49:05 am
      Not going to be easy this. It's their cup final. It's probably one of only a few games left they can salvage some pride for such a horrendous season.

6-0.

;D
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #159: Mar 13, 2014 03:04:37 am
      Every time I get a little concerned about this game, I remember who their manager is and have a good laugh.

We're gona tw*t them and their season is gona hit a new low. 14 point gap between us and them, zero chance of them getting into the champions league and the travelling kop reminding them that we're gona win the league.

Oh what a feeling it's gona be.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #160: Mar 13, 2014 06:12:37 am
      Yep, it is their cup final, but it's also ours and we have 9 others to follow, they will be up for it no doubt but don't you think we will be too ?

Ask yourself this, who wants it more.? And, who has the upper hand, they maybe at home but we have the confidence, we have the togetherness , we have played sides better than them off the park all season,

Why all of a sudden should this particular hurdle be anymore difficult than our last,
      Everytime we think it's going to be tough getting points from a particular team we have come thru with a win, and we WILL again Sunday,

This is a manc side not run by that arrogant kunt Slur bacon face , this is  'the chosen one ' Moyes's massively underachieving dissent ridden gang of fuckwits, liars , drug taken granny shagging , elbow flailing muther fuckers, with as much confidence as Ukranian border sentry,

They will be f***in brickin it facing us, one mistake in the first 5 mins that's all it will take and we could have another Spuds like battering, we score early watch their chins hit their chests, I'm telling yer, I can see us f***in them over good & proper ,

1-5 Redmen , Skrtle OG, SaSaS will bag our goodies, give the KUNTS F**k all, except a battering,

COME ON YOUR REDS

YNWA

Quick Reply