Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Pre-Match: Manchester United v Liverpool FC. 16th March 2014. KO: 13.30 hr

Read 33062 times
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Re: Pre-Match: Manchester United v Liverpool FC. 16th March 2014. KO: 13.30 hr
      Reply #207: Mar 14, 2014 10:20:28 pm
      Someone must slap the ref on the head to remind him to watch over van pissy's knee high tackles from behind and give him a straight red. Can't stand that idiot. Refs must start to take notice of it and he has done that far too long and got away scot free.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,620 posts | 3917 
      Reply #208: Mar 14, 2014 10:58:55 pm
      Getting really anxious about how confident everyone seems to be. Not so much on this board, but the general media and social circle.

It's going to F***ing tough. Utd will be bang up for it.

But F**k it, let's get stuck in and give it a proper F***ing go.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,920 posts | 964 
      Reply #209: Mar 15, 2014 12:41:13 am
      I just read that Suarez is going to be wearing a new prototype "knitted" boot for this game.  I can't understand why he would agree to make such a big change in his gear for such an important game.  I guess Adidas must be paying him a boatload of money.  Certainly makes me a little bit more nervous....

Link to the story if anyone's interested:

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1750601/liverpool-luis-suarez-debut-knitted-boots-manchester-united?cc=5901
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #210: Mar 15, 2014 12:52:17 am
      I just read that Suarez is going to be wearing a new prototype "knitted" boot for this game.  I can't understand why he would agree to make such a big change in his gear for such an important game.  I guess Adidas must be paying him a boatload of money.  Certainly makes me a little bit more nervous....

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1750601/liverpool-luis-suarez-debut-knitted-boots-manchester-united?cc=5901

It'll be fine, he'll knock in a couple of purl-ers as he stitches United's back-line up like kippers.  We just have to sit back and swatch.
      « Last Edit: Mar 15, 2014 01:37:56 am by Roddenberry »
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #211: Mar 15, 2014 01:37:02 am

If anything, these knitted boots should help him perform a little bit better (if that's remotely possible). They'll help for a softer touch, more grip on the ball, more controlled passes etc. One downfall though could be the weight of the boot once it becomes wet.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #212: Mar 15, 2014 02:30:27 am
      If anything, these knitted boots should help him perform a little bit better (if that's remotely possible). They'll help for a softer touch, more grip on the ball, more controlled passes etc. One downfall though could be the weight of the boot once it becomes wet.

Luis could wear a pair of clogs and still be the best player in the world right now. :D
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #213: Mar 15, 2014 02:31:19 am
      For me, a win for Liverpool at Old Trafford on Sunday would be a symbolic action. It would represent United finally being knocked off their perch and evidence that Liverpool once again have the upper hand between these two bitter rivals.

Hopefully Sir Alex Ferguson will be there to see it.

http://metro.co.uk/2014/03/14/will-sir-alex-ferguson-turn-up-to-watch-liverpool-put-the-final-nail-in-manchester-uniteds-coffin-4564333/
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #214: Mar 15, 2014 04:49:14 am
      Luis could wear a pair of clogs and still be the best player in the world right now. :D

;D

I'm gonna ask me nan to knit me a pair of boots for Chrissy.
      JC16
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 86 
      Reply #215: Mar 15, 2014 05:40:41 am

Mate if I can pick up a bottle of pump spray that makes my daughter's UGGs waterproof I'd be pretty sure they can do , and have done, the same to these new boots.  I'd also imagine he's had them baked a couple times to his feet.  He's not going out there on Sunday with a pair of knitted stockings like our grandmothers used to knit.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #216: Mar 15, 2014 08:22:47 am
      Suarez will make those boots good
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #217: Mar 15, 2014 09:58:17 am
      For me, a win for Liverpool at Old Trafford on Sunday would be a symbolic action. It would represent United finally being knocked off their perch and evidence that Liverpool once again have the upper hand between these two bitter rivals.

Hopefully Sir Alex Ferguson will be there to see it.

http://metro.co.uk/2014/03/14/will-sir-alex-ferguson-turn-up-to-watch-liverpool-put-the-final-nail-in-manchester-uniteds-coffin-4564333/

His presence is obligatory Skip, he has no choice mate.
      The old soak is required to show his wrinkly gob at every horror show they provide at the old toilet, irrespective of the fact that he is entirely responsible, nobody who supports that club will blame anyone but Moyes. Not the man who left him with a bag of sh*te to manage or the board that allowed him to make that decision.
      Things are looking good for anyone who hates the sh*te and long may it continue.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6720 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #218: Mar 15, 2014 09:59:52 am
      Read on FB yesterday a quote from Brendan (trying to find it but not having any luck) saying that the lads came back to training after the Internationals and he ordered just a nice easy training run. The lads all started getting stuck in, he had to bring them in and told them to curb their enthusiasm, tone it down a bit.

F**k, they must be as pumped as we are to rip sh*t through those Mancs cu*ts.

EDIT...just found it...took me forever

The Reds players returned to Melwood on Tuesday after being granted five days off by the manager.
       Their first session was supposed to ease them back gently but such was the commitment on show that Rodgers had to step in and tell them to take it easy.
       “It was interesting really as we had an adaptation day after they had been off for a few days,” Rodgers revealed.
       “It was supposed to be a low intensity session, but the quality and the intensity they worked at was incredible. I actually had to take them off it a little bit.

and another one.....

Lucas and Sakho show commitment by turning down 5 days rest

Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers has revealed how returning duo Lucas Leiva and Mamadou Sakho rejected the opportunity to take five days rest and instead put in extra training to return to fitness.

Speaking at his pre-match press conference ahead of Sunday’s trip to Old Trafford, Rodgers explained how the two-week gap between this and the Reds’ last fixture at Southampton had given him opportunity to allow players five days rest.

“We gave the players five days rest so they could go away and refresh themselves,” explained the boss.

“Because of the set-up of this league we don’t see the need to give the players that physical and mental recovery, which I find astonishing.”

“So inadvertently with the game called off [last weekend], we were able to do that and the players have come back really refreshed, and showed a real intensity and appetite throughout the week.”

“It allowed us to look at our programme differently and then we can get our players back for these last 10 games and really focus in on them, starting with Manchester United.”

Speaking of Lucas and Sakho, who have been sidelined since January and December respectively, Rodgers praised their commitment and attitude.

“It’s a great credit to them because when I gave the players the time off they actually wanted to stay behind and it shows you the commitment of the squad here.

“They had an opportunity to take a break, they’ve been working very very hard with the medical team. They decided to stay and last Friday they travelled down themselves in a car to play in an under 21 game.”

Rodgers confirmed that he had a fully fit squad except for long-term injury victim Jose Enrique.
      « Last Edit: Mar 15, 2014 10:35:58 am by AussieRed »
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #219: Mar 15, 2014 10:14:02 am
      Stressed and excited.

They're all must-wins now until the end of the season, and to quote another one we always hear, form goes out of the window in these kind of games.

Feels like the kind of match where one crucial moment will win or lose it, hope I'm wrong and we just tw*t them Arsenal-style from the off.

However, some progress on our part (and regression on theirs!) has me feeling like victory should be ours on merit, rather than an outside chance.

Just want us to rip into them from the first minute!
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #220: Mar 15, 2014 10:21:33 am
      Whilst I'd love to steam roll these in their own back yard and really dent their confidence, I'd take a 1-0 win right now if offered, I honestly think its going to be a tougher game than form suggests as in these games form goes out the window, I'm expecting a fierce game, can't wait, just hope we turn up and don't suffer some of the away day horror shows we've had now and then.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,406 posts | 3404 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #221: Mar 15, 2014 10:31:31 am
      call me olf fashioned but I wish our manager wouldn't talk about what's happening at United so much, just concentrate on matters on the pitch in case it comes back to bite us on the bum..

Just seen the Mark Lawrenson has tipped us to win, we're fu**ed !
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,925 posts | 283 
      Reply #222: Mar 15, 2014 11:57:32 am
      These lot couldn't punch their way out of a wet paper bag at the moment.
      Press them high and we have a shout at a record breaking scoreline at old toilet.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,970 posts | 3054 
      Reply #223: Mar 15, 2014 12:30:53 pm
      Really excited about tomorrow - think this can be a very big weekend for us.

Get in there mighty red men.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #224: Mar 15, 2014 12:34:14 pm
      man u will be waterlogging the pitch then.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,209 posts | 1213 
      Reply #225: Mar 15, 2014 04:06:06 pm
      A golden opportunity to rip them a new one. That said, I would settle for 3-0.
      AJ-LFC
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 60 posts |
      Reply #226: Mar 15, 2014 07:25:16 pm
      Tomorrow's game just got that bit bigger!!  :)

Two men sent off for Cheslea and Kompany sent off today for City... They will now miss games! What an opportunity we have now.

chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,340 posts | 2817 
      Reply #227: Mar 15, 2014 07:26:48 pm
      I said it a few days ago and that Villa result is going to make me say it again, win tomorrow and we're going to win the title.
      poolio_54
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 376 posts | 11 
      Reply #228: Mar 15, 2014 07:59:48 pm
      After Chelseas result tomorrow is undoubtedly our biggest game against utd in years
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #229: Mar 15, 2014 08:07:18 pm
      A draw would be enough too? As long as we win all our games (doable) then I believe we will win the league. Can't see Man city and Arsenal winning all their games.

Quick Reply