Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Pre-Match: Manchester United v Liverpool FC. 16th March 2014. KO: 13.30 hr

Read 33115 times
      Bl00D
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 750 posts |
      Re: Pre-Match: Manchester United v Liverpool FC. 16th March 2014. KO: 13.30 hr
      Reply #92: Mar 07, 2014 03:39:36 pm
      While Im expecting us to win here I think it needs to be pointed out, for those expecting a walk in the park in particular, and maybe some of our older and wiser posters will back this up for me, at our peak in the 70s and 80s when we were the top side in Europe and winning trophies for fun and this shower were an average to good team, we never had a good time there.

In fact we have only 15 wins there ever in 85 games!! Saturday March 14 (nearly to the day of this game) 2009 was the last win there and first win there in 5 years. So 2 wins in 10 years.

As I said Im expecting a win but to almost expect a walkover is a tad over he top

Couldn't agree more, I think there mentality now will be to beat us and beat citeh, they know this has been a nightmare season for them (and hopefully the first of many ;)) So to save face they'll go all out to try and win, I'am hopeful that they could try anything and it will not help them the form we're in and there's, so it wont be an easy game at all, but I am expecting the 3 points :)
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #93: Mar 07, 2014 05:16:15 pm
      Will be interesting to see how they get in at WBA tomorrow,just to see if west brom get into then a bit and see if there heads go down like they have being doing .!
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #94: Mar 08, 2014 10:57:16 am
      I was in a supermarket the other day.

I picked up Whisky Noses autobiography .

It was my intention as I do when I see one to turn it upside down and place the front cover in showing the back of his head. It doesn't scare children then.

I do things like that.
      Ill go into Boots and set all the kitchen timers to go off at random times before leaving the shop.

On this occasion I opened the book to the Liverpool section. SAF is obsessed by us.

If anyone gets the chance to read the first lines of that chapter he mentions about dynasty and longevity.

The Scum's has ended. It was only a matter of time. Self admitted Shankly admirer and would be clone.

Its time to chop their head off finally.
      They had twenty years to catch us.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #95: Mar 08, 2014 11:54:22 am
      I would be more interested in Moyes Autobiography. His dressing room talks must be great! Probably something like...  It doesn't matter if you win or lose but how you play the game.
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #96: Mar 08, 2014 01:43:51 pm
      I would be more interested in Moyes Autobiography. His dressing room talks must be great! Probably something like...  It doesn't matter if you win or lose but how you play the game.

Is your life that boring?
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #97: Mar 08, 2014 03:35:35 pm
      win lose or draw we cannot win the league just on this game and we cannot lose it either.Of all the places to go this is the one where we have had the most incredible bad luck so much so that any positive result will be a bonus and right now I would take a point.
      If we could turn them over and score freely then that would actually be greedy.
      I think Luis will be on a mission to put a few past them in front of his least favourite manager and least favourite opposition fans.The more they get on to him the more he will be determined to score a few.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #98: Mar 08, 2014 03:47:04 pm
      The danger of this match is that this is United's cup final this season. We need to be wary of that.
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,768 posts | 570 
      Reply #99: Mar 08, 2014 06:39:55 pm
      Even if we lose, it is not all over, I expect them to try and bully us, with the dirtiest player in the world fellanini hopefully getting sent off.
      If we win, we could be in dream land, if we draw it is a great result, if we lose we try and win the remaining 9 games.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #100: Mar 08, 2014 08:44:53 pm
      Well if we beat these and then Spurs at home we are almost certain to get at least 4th spot
      Red5man
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #101: Mar 08, 2014 09:50:08 pm
      Well if we beat these and then Spurs at home we are almost certain to get at least 4th spot

If we beat these and Spurs, we will be after much larger things than 4th spot, mate.

See no reason why we don't go and beat them. Moyes tactically inept, while our manager is tactically savvy. No rash decisions from the referee and we'll do them.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #102: Mar 08, 2014 10:07:28 pm
      They're pretty confident they're going to batter us by taking the game to us.  Fair play to them, I hope they do come out all guns blazing leaving huge holes at the back for the SAS to run riot.

My real worry is that somebody will deliberately go all out to properly injure Luis if we're winning.  They will do whatever it takes to stop us getting a sniff at the Title and if they can't do that by taking 3 points off us they'll try every other trick in the book.

Dirty, cun**sh, ba**ards that they are  :mad:
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,322 posts | 1524 
      Reply #103: Mar 08, 2014 10:43:44 pm
      While Im expecting us to win here I think it needs to be pointed out, for those expecting a walk in the park in particular, and maybe some of our older and wiser posters will back this up for me, at our peak in the 70s and 80s when we were the top side in Europe and winning trophies for fun and this shower were an average to good team, we never had a good time there.In fact we have only 15 wins there ever in 85 games!! Saturday March 14 (nearly to the day of this game) 2009 was the last win there and first win there in 5 years. So 2 wins in 10 years.As I said Im expecting a win but to almost expect a walkover is a tad over he top

Excellent post BRIAN, I'm also expecting a win, but was also dreaming of a drubbing. Reading your post brings it into perspective, and it will be their cup final so to speak. 
      Gonna be a tough game, not a stroll in the park as I earlier posted, but still expecting a win.
      yacster
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 524 posts |
      Reply #104: Mar 09, 2014 07:09:40 am
      The more I think about it, the more sterling vs Evra is a key battle
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #105: Mar 09, 2014 07:21:52 am
      They're pretty confident they're going to batter us by taking the game to us.  Fair play to them, I hope they do come out all guns blazing leaving huge holes at the back for the SAS to run riot.

My real worry is that somebody will deliberately go all out to properly injure Luis if we're winning.  They will do whatever it takes to stop us getting a sniff at the Title and if they can't do that by taking 3 points off us they'll try every other trick in the book.

Dirty, cun**sh, ba**ards that they are  :mad:

Debs I do hope they bring the game to us and try to attack us from the kick off, so far this season we have done well against teams that have attacked us and struggled against defensive teams. As is usual I will take 3 points of the bas**rds and not worry how we get them and hopefully see  Evra  get sent off.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #106: Mar 09, 2014 07:36:47 am
      After yesterday's horror show, I wonder if Gollum would start Welback ahead of RVP. That way, Shrek plays upfront with Mata behind him, Welbeck right and Januzaj left.

I don think a lot of Scum supporters would complain either, if RvP is benched. He reminds me of the 2010 Torres
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,938 posts | 4993 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #107: Mar 09, 2014 08:17:38 am
      What's all this talk of
       'If we lose' bollocks,
      WE'RE gonna smash the F**k out of them, we ARE ,

I do take Brian's point and yes it has an air of perspective but in all honesty Moyes won't know if he needs to stick or twist,
      look my putting my hatred & passion aside a minute he(Gollum) has to decide what's the best scenario,
      Forfeit all thoughts of 4th by fielding a slightly weaker than normal X1 and risk humiliation or play his strongest X1 and risk fatigue in their battle with the Greeks,
      I don't give a shiny sh*te what he does because I believe we will win regardless,

Their still a decent side (hate praising these KUNTS) don't get me wrong, but we have been miles better and they f***in know it,
      Moyes hasn't got the tactical nous like bacon face had and that ultimately will prove his downfall,

1-3 Redmen at least

YNWA
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #108: Mar 09, 2014 09:52:03 am
       Our front FORCE will surely slice through the mancs defence, we just have to be focused at the back, with that done  I am pretty sure we will have a positve result at old toilet
       YNWA
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #109: Mar 09, 2014 09:52:25 am
      Debs I do hope they bring the game to us and try to attack us from the kick off, so far this season we have done well against teams that have attacked us and struggled against defensive teams. As is usual I will take 3 points of the bas**rds and not worry how we get them and hopefully see  Evra  get sent off.

I hope so too Billy.  1-0 or 10-9 isn't relevant, 3 points is all that matters.

If they beat us and derail our title chances that'll make their season a triumph, rather than the steaming pile of sh*te it has been. 

It'll be a bonkers game that's for sure but please god, let us win.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,372 posts | 1029 
      Reply #110: Mar 09, 2014 10:38:44 am
      I hope so too Billy.  1-0 or 10-9 isn't relevant, 3 points is all that matters.

If they beat us and derail our title chances that'll make their season a triumph, rather than the steaming pile of sh*te it has been. 

It'll be a bonkers game that's for sure but please god, let us win.
      It's not Robbie Fowler you should be praying to, it's Luis Suarez.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #111: Mar 09, 2014 07:52:40 pm
      The danger of this match is that this is United's cup final this season. We need to be wary of that.

THIS.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,295 posts | 764 
      Reply #112: Mar 09, 2014 08:00:48 pm
      Let's go out, play to our strengths, with the attack and spank the Mancs in their own back yard.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,547 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #113: Mar 09, 2014 08:42:56 pm
      Utd have the CL match midweek, big game for them. Only saw a bit of their 1st leg and Olympiakos looked no great shakes - crap enough really - it was just Utd were even more crap to manage to lose 2-0. Would be surprised if they turn it around in the 2nd leg to go through, but the Greeks are nothing special, so it's not impossible. If they do win and scramble into the next round, they'll go into the game on Sunday with more belief.

But that's by the by. Still think it's ours to win or throw away. We are the better side, and have the form players. On the big pitch, fresh after the rest, with S&S up front, we will score goals. The players have the bit between the teeth now, they will be focused. BR won't go there looking to defend, nick a draw, and fair fucks to him for embedding that mentality. I'd expect an open game, given the way we/they play - and in an open game, we have the game to beat them.

Deffo think it'll be closer than the last couple, be again confident we can get the 3 points. One game at a time. Let's go there and be clinical.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #114: Mar 09, 2014 08:50:35 pm
      Need to be weary of these, they our out to F**k our season up make no mistake. There is every chance we could run riot, but there is also a decent chance they will keep the game very tight and nick it.

Quick Reply