Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre-Match: Manchester United v Liverpool FC. 16th March 2014. KO: 13.30 hr

Read 32892 times
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Re: Pre-Match: Manchester United v Liverpool FC. 16th March 2014. KO: 13.30 hr
      Reply #46: Mar 04, 2014 07:18:38 am
      Howard Webb is going to be the ref for the game! Expect Suarez to get kicked all over the field then, and expect a draw at best now. F***ing joke!

Is it official yet? Cos I cant find it in premierleague.com

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/referees/appointments/

AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #47: Mar 04, 2014 08:02:48 am
      F***ing hell, the FA are a bunch of cu*ts
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #48: Mar 04, 2014 09:21:23 am
      Lets just hope and pray that our squad come back unscathed from international duty. Particularly Stevie who England seem to insist on bleeding dry even though they know his game. Hodgson give Carrick and Cleverly 90 minutes!! And Rooney needs 90 minutes as well...

Go fooking mad if Sturridge comes back injured from this break or Raheem, Hendo Stevie.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #49: Mar 04, 2014 10:04:42 am
      There's a lot of Liverpool facebook pages saying he's been chosen. If I'm wrong I apologise, but I'll be very relieved!

little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #50: Mar 04, 2014 10:17:16 am
      Hate the fact there is such a gap before we play these cu*ts, I'm sure the players are saying the same.

Stevie is going to drive us to victory here. He can smell it. And to think he shouldn't have a midfield up against him. (hopefully I don't jinx this), Rooney surely will be asked to combat him tho. Stevie to drive us. Suarez surely will be fired up too & if he can channel this drive & hunger into goals rather than the other stuff, we should get the win.

Howard Webb better not be F***ing reff'ing this, but as always, we cannot let that be a distraction or an excuse. We have the ability to win here, only ourselves can make that happen.
      manwithnoname
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 31 
      Reply #51: Mar 04, 2014 10:38:08 am
      Lets just hope and pray that our squad come back unscathed from international duty. Particularly Stevie who England seem to insist on bleeding dry even though they know his game. Hodgson give Carrick and Cleverly 90 minutes!! And Rooney needs 90 minutes as well...

Go fooking mad if Sturridge comes back injured from this break or Raheem, Hendo Stevie.

Or Cleverley
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #52: Mar 04, 2014 02:19:13 pm
      Ffs that's all we fu**ing need, Howard fu**ing Webb at the toilet when we need 3 points but they (Moyes) need them more.

That's us down to 10 in the 1st ten minutes and probably down to 9 before the 90's up.  Oh and Brendan will probably end up with a touchline ban for the rest of the season   :f_steam: :mad:

There'll more than likely be one of ours stretchered off and out till fu**ing August too  :mad:

Are we really that surprised though, the FA have never done us any favours and will do whatever it takes to scupper any success we might get.
      Redangel

• 8,084 posts | 966 
      Reply #53: Mar 04, 2014 02:51:47 pm
      Ffs that's all we fu**ing need, Howard fu**ing Webb at the toilet when we need 3 points but they (Moyes) need them more.

That's us down to 10 in the 1st ten minutes and probably down to 9 before the 90's up.  Oh and Brendan will probably end up with a touchline ban for the rest of the season   :f_steam: :mad:

There'll more than likely be one of ours stretchered off and out till fu**ing August too  :mad:

Are we really that surprised though, the FA have never done us any favours and will do whatever it takes to scupper any success we might get.

Only just read this Debs, and can't believe it. My DH is a Blue and when I told him he said, 'Mr Man Utd, you're stuffed then.'
      It is so blindingly obvious he favours them, everyone can see it, except the bl** dy FA.

reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #54: Mar 04, 2014 03:11:41 pm
      Only just read this Debs, and can't believe it. My DH is a Blue and when I told him he said, 'Mr Man Utd, you're stuffed then.'
      It is so blindingly obvious he favours them, everyone can see it, except the bl** dy FA.

Hopefully it's just twitter bo**ocks hun as it's not been confirmed on the refs lists yet.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #55: Mar 04, 2014 03:48:45 pm
      First thing to note about this game from a defensive perspective, we don't deal well with crosses they cross the ball 60 times + a game. Johnson and Flanno will probably start for us and I can't say I have the greatest confidence in either of them preventing these crosses raining in. My gut feeling is that if they manage to get 60+ crosses in that they will score a couple against us, or definitely get a penalty with the way we defend them so we must do something to prevent what appears to be their only plan.

Thankfully though, while we have a big worry at the back, we don't going forward. From midfield to defence they are utter sh*te and while they may score a couple against us I fully expect us to score at least 3 against them. The only chance they'll have is if the ref allows them to be dirty fuckers all game, we should be appealing like madmen the moment a half tasty challenge goes in against one of our lads and continue those appeals throughout the game. Without dirty tactics their defence will not cope with the best attack in the premier league, we will cut them to shreds and we will score goals.

Debs is right they'll up their game, they'll also be expected to carry the fight to us and I feel that will work right into our favour, they have very little pace in their team and a lot of aging legs in midfield and defence. Expect Gerrard to block Rooney off from doing a lot of the tracking that he does and we should be able to counter in lethal fashion, the more we score the more desperate they will become and at the end of the game and they look up to the scoreline of 5-2 to LFC they are then permitted to fall on their knees and cry for a week, we of course want full video access to these pictures.

COME ON!

Ironically enough, in terms of our fit FBs, Cissokho is probably the best one at preventing crosses.

Looks like there's a good chance Sakho will be fit for this one and he's probably our best defender in the air, so hopefully he's on the pitch for this one.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #56: Mar 04, 2014 04:35:37 pm
      I remain silently confident that we will get 3-points. There are weaknesses in Man U's armour and BR is intelligent enough to exploit that.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #57: Mar 04, 2014 05:28:44 pm
      I hear Webb is the ref for this one .  :(
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #58: Mar 04, 2014 05:37:28 pm
      Referees are only appointed on the Monday before weekend matches I believe. Referees are promoted or demoted on the basis of their performance in recent matches. That said I wouldn't be surprised if Howard Webb was given this match despite being an appalling and dreadfully overrated referee.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #59: Mar 04, 2014 08:10:36 pm
      Tricky game. Can see it being a draw. Will they play their best front 6 who started against palace or will moyes play Valencia/cleverley/young? They will try their best against us. Whichever defenders they put out (hope its the pensioners) we will fancy nicking goals..

Tricky for who?
      Not for us that's for sure, mate we are the ones sat second not them KUNTS,
      Tricky ? yeah only for them,

Tell ya what mate , we 're going to go there and smash the F**k out of them, I can honestly see us dishing out their heaviest home defeat for f***in decades,
      Gollum has to gamble ; does he field a full strength side ahead of their most important game of their sh*t season, or
      Field a weakened side and risk total humiliation against your fiercest rivals. ?
      What's it to be Moysey ?

What was it. 'Newt' said in  'Aliens'....
       'It WON'T Make Any Difference'

I want to see us f***in hammer these KUNTS into submission, I want to see the embarrassment on the face if tha arrogant kunt bacon face, I want us to send a message to their inbred scummy fans that WE are back and that They are about to suffer decades of a Liverpool FC domination,

f***in tricky, don't make me f***in laugh, just sit back relax and watch how we destroy 'the chosen one' & the hasbeens,

TRICKY ?   My Arse  !

YNWA

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #60: Mar 04, 2014 08:14:59 pm
      If we are truly title challengers (dare I say, champions in waiting) then this is a game we should and will have to win.

3-1 in our favor, Sturridge, Suarez and Sterling to score.

Redangel

• 8,084 posts | 966 
      Reply #61: Mar 04, 2014 08:30:30 pm
      Hopefully it's just twitter bo**ocks hun as it's not been confirmed on the refs lists yet.

Let's keep everything crossed then!

mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #62: Mar 04, 2014 09:55:10 pm
      What is it now, 7/8 games without victory that Webb has refereed us in and failed to give 2 massive and very easy penalty decisions. 1 against Chelsea and 1 against Arsenal. The first would probably have earnt us a point meaning we'd only be a point behind Chelsea now and the other would have given us a replay in the FA Cup at home to Arsenal who we would have battered.

The guy is a complete and utter joke
      solodee
      • Started Topic

• 6,027 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #63: Mar 05, 2014 01:22:00 am
      Howard Webb or no Howard Webb, we must so up our game such that it becomes so difficult for Webb to impact the game in Scum's favour.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #64: Mar 05, 2014 01:27:18 am
      What is it now, 7/8 games without victory that Webb has refereed us in and failed to give 2 massive and very easy penalty decisions. 1 against Chelsea and 1 against Arsenal. The first would probably have earnt us a point meaning we'd only be a point behind Chelsea now and the other would have given us a replay in the FA Cup at home to Arsenal who we would have battered.

The guy is a complete and utter joke

I thought this stat was true until I saw that he refereed our 3-1 victory away to Sunderland at the end of September.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #65: Mar 05, 2014 03:21:59 am
      Again, too many Webb posts, has it been confirmed?
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #66: Mar 05, 2014 09:50:48 am
      Cant be true can it?

If I was BR I would be putting pressure on Webb way before the game about his previous decisions and how he hopes he has a better game this time around.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #67: Mar 05, 2014 10:01:28 am
      Again, too many Webb posts, has it been confirmed?
      nothing confirmed.  If people read that they'll be flying pigs on twitter or a comment on facebook they'd believe it. It's getting ridiculous.  It was just one user saying he read it on Facebook and the forum went nutz about it. Oh yes Facebook,  I forgot they released the information even before premier league. It's those psychic people mark zukerburg or whatever his name is keeps employing!
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #68: Mar 05, 2014 11:59:53 am
      Bleacher Report has an analysis of Webb's worst 5 decisions against Liverpool.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1962382-5-controversial-decisions-involving-liverpool-and-referee-howard-webb

Quick Reply