Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

The Medical Thread.

Read 56691 times
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,327 posts | 1036 
      Re: The Medical Thread.
      Reply #230: May 30, 2023 05:31:05 pm
      Thanks keith/Bob. 12oclock tomorrow I have a vet coming to the house. And she will rest. But she will never walk alone. Right by her side.
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,632 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #231: Jun 26, 2023 09:47:29 pm
      So I'm back at the hospital tomorrow morning to see if the eye injections i've been having have worked or whether I need to have more. I'm hopeful as I feel my eyes have improved if only slightly, so keeping my fingers crossed for good news.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #232: Jun 26, 2023 09:52:14 pm
      So I'm back at the hospital tomorrow morning to see if the eye injections i've been having have worked or whether I need to have more. I'm hopeful as I feel my eyes have improved if only slightly, so keeping my fingers crossed for good news.

Praying for you right now dear. Hope you get good news!

Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,632 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #233: Jun 26, 2023 10:19:40 pm
      Praying for you right now dear. Hope you get good news!

Thank you so much hun, appreciate your thoughts.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #234: Jun 27, 2023 09:27:53 am
      Hope all went well Klopps Snood!

Has anyone dealt with TMJ/TMD before, I have had it over a year now and the facial pain is daily and really starting to get me down!

Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,632 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #235: Jun 27, 2023 09:42:50 pm
      Hope all went well Klopps Snood!

Has anyone dealt with TMJ/TMD before, I have had it over a year now and the facial pain is daily and really starting to get me down!

Thanks RC9, had my eyes photographed and tried to read the chart, got down to about the 4th line, thought I would be seeing a consultant but I didn't, will have to go back for the results after they've looked at the photographs - more waiting.

RC9 what is TMJ/TMD - I haven't heard of it? Sounds painful though...

RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #236: Jun 28, 2023 10:13:40 am
      Thanks RC9, had my eyes photographed and tried to read the chart, got down to about the 4th line, thought I would be seeing a consultant but I didn't, will have to go back for the results after they've looked at the photographs - more waiting.

RC9 what is TMJ/TMD - I haven't heard of it? Sounds painful though...

Ah, my fingers are crossed it will be good news for you.

Temporomandibular joint disorder, essentially means for whatever reason your jaw isn't functioning properly, mine is due to a disc displacement and muscular issues in the face, it is an exhausting condition as I am on constant painkillers because of headaches which are daily and pain in the face from muscle spams and tightness. To this day I have spent thousands on trying to get help with it but so far no results unfortunately!
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,632 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #237: Jun 28, 2023 10:39:54 am
      Ah, my fingers are crossed it will be good news for you.

Temporomandibular joint disorder, essentially means for whatever reason your jaw isn't functioning properly, mine is due to a disc displacement and muscular issues in the face, it is an exhausting condition as I am on constant painkillers because of headaches which are daily and pain in the face from muscle spams and tightness. To this day I have spent thousands on trying to get help with it but so far no results unfortunately!

Cheers, I hope so too.

Oh that sounds very debilitating and stressful for you, makes you think doesn't it how they're able to send people to the moon and make robots walk and talk but unable to cure things like you have, crazy world. I hope your able to take some comfort from the painkillers you take although I know that's not the answer, good luck hun.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #238: Aug 06, 2023 12:39:42 pm
      Found out that I will need to go for testing in a few years time to make sure whatever my dad has been suffering with regarding Angina isn't hereditary.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #239: Aug 06, 2023 06:49:59 pm
      Found out that I will need to go for testing in a few years time to make sure whatever my dad has been suffering with regarding Angina isn't hereditary.

The joys of getting older 😟

David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #240: Sep 12, 2023 05:06:49 pm
      Going to Liverpool Hospital next week for procedure to remove enlarged polyp from colon, as ever feeling apprehensive !
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #241: Sep 12, 2023 05:11:25 pm
      Going to Liverpool Hospital next week for procedure to remove enlarged polyp from colon, as ever feeling apprehensive !

I had one removed couple of months ago David, went well and hopefully same applies with you.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #242: Sep 12, 2023 05:26:14 pm
      I had one removed couple of months ago David, went well and hopefully same applies with you.

Thanks Keith, I had one removed in Glan Clwyd, North Wales earlier in the year.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #243: Sep 14, 2023 12:31:03 pm
      Got to be one of the worst things in life , watching your parents go downhill , got a phone call off my mam this morning luckily I wasn’t in work , my dad had collapsed on the bedroom floor , I only live around the corner so was there quickly, turns out his legs just give out and he had no power in them , slight bang to the head but was ok just couldn’t get himself up ,
      Well dad still weighs around 12.5/ 13  stone
      Took a great effort for me to pick him off the floor dead weight and sit him on the bed , I’ve steadied him now and got him to his stair lift and downstairs , he suffers with low blood pressure so hoping that was just the case , he’s had some breakfast and is feeling a lot better when I think back to the days , when he was dropping eight in the Derry club and then going to the game seems like a lifetime ago .
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4877 
      Reply #244: Jan 02, 2024 01:41:55 pm
      I know most won't want to hear but Keith asked in a thread how I was so thought best to keep in here.

Getting discharged today with pain meds programme to recover at home. Obviously sore as hell but comfortable enough considering. All about keeping the lungs working fully to stave off infection and taking time for the ribs to recover.

Lucky boy in a way as physio was telling me a lady got caught under her car last week and was killed.

6/8 weeks fully recovery but I'm hoping half that off work but I guess we'll see.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #245: Jan 02, 2024 02:45:20 pm
      I know most won't want to hear but Keith asked in a thread how I was so thought best to keep in here.

Getting discharged today with pain meds programme to recover at home. Obviously sore as hell but comfortable enough considering. All about keeping the lungs working fully to stave off infection and taking time for the ribs to recover.

Lucky boy in a way as physio was telling me a lady got caught under her car last week and was killed.

6/8 weeks fully recovery but I'm hoping half that off work but I guess we'll see.
      No need to tell you how lucky you are in a sense, but you seem to have the right attitude and I'm sure you'll be all patched up in no time. Praying for a quick recovery.

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4877 
      Reply #246: Jan 02, 2024 03:08:55 pm
      No need to tell you how lucky you are in a sense, but you seem to have the right attitude and I'm sure you'll be all patched up in no time. Praying for a quick recovery.

Cheers buddy

Quick Reply