Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Champions League] Sat 1st Jun @ 8:00 pm
      Estadio Metropolitano, Madrid

Today is the 20th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W5 D0 L1

The Medical Thread.

Read 12557 times
      BKLFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 822 posts |
      Re: The Medical Thread.
      Reply #75: Sep 11, 2016 07:41:14 am
      We are only midway through the 2nd trimester, so don't know the expected date yet!
      The Kopite91
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,646 posts | 229 
      • Irish Blood, Scouse Heart.
      Reply #76: Sep 11, 2016 08:16:52 pm
      I recently got kicked by a horse (occupational hazard) into my right side under my ribs, above my hip, no bones broken luckily. I had a slight bleed in my kidney and had a night in hospital for observation. It was sore but far from excruciating, I took a few days off work and went back (admittedly too soon). There was slight muscle damage and deep internal bruising, and through the ins and outs of the job I aggrevated the muscle injury and at the same time suffered from some bad muscle spasms. Another few days off plus some muscle relaxers and pain killers. I am generally fine now, but it will be a month since the incident and I still suffer from pain from my side, mainly at rest, I am fine when I'm up and moving. I'm finding myself falling asleep in the same position each night just to accommodate the pain. It's been going on for a while obviously and I'm not a fan of pills so I've weaned myself off the pain killers.

I am usually very good at understanding my own body and my own healing time. I'm not Macho man rushing things, saying I'm fine when I'm not, but I know the initial injury wasn't bad. But I feel like I should be over this by now. Has anyone had anything similar? Or have any ideas?
      Roddenberry
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,927 posts | 1578 
      Reply #77: Sep 11, 2016 08:27:17 pm
      Ribs and the lattice of interconnecting muscle and tissue around them are a bi*ch. 5 weeks after my bike accident, everything else if fine,  but not my ribs and certain movements, especially sideways ones. I don't like taking the painkillers either, refused them at hospital, which was a mistake.

The Kopite91
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,646 posts | 229 
      Reply #78: Sep 11, 2016 08:48:53 pm
      Ribs and the lattice of interconnecting muscle and tissue around them are a bi*ch. 5 weeks after my bike accident, everything else if fine,  but not my ribs and certain movements, especially sideways ones. I don't like taking the painkillers either, refused them at hospital, which was a mistake.

You've hit the nail on the head mate... summed me up perfectly! Did you find anything to help you along or is it a case of let time sort it?
      Roddenberry
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,927 posts | 1578 
      Reply #79: Sep 11, 2016 08:52:33 pm
      You've hit the nail on the head mate... summed me up perfectly! Did you find anything to help you along or is it a case of let time sort it?

Time I'm afraid, nothing else for it.
      The Kopite91
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,646 posts | 229 
      Reply #80: Sep 11, 2016 08:56:04 pm
      Time I'm afraid, nothing else for it.

Thanks Rodders, just needed some reassurance. Like I say I'm usually very good at judging these things but this has me quite frustrated.
      Roddenberry
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,927 posts | 1578 
      Reply #81: Sep 11, 2016 08:58:43 pm
      Thanks Rodders, just needed some reassurance. Like I say I'm usually very good at judging these things but this has me quite frustrated.

I once flexed the cartilage in by rib cage, that took three-four months to heal. I'm hoping this is quicker.
      The Kopite91
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,646 posts | 229 
      Reply #82: Sep 11, 2016 09:00:45 pm
      I once flexed the cartilage in by rib cage, that took three-four months to heal. I'm hoping this is quicker.

F***ing hell mate, hope all is ok with you now!?
      Roddenberry
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,927 posts | 1578 
      Reply #83: Sep 11, 2016 09:09:25 pm
      F***ing hell mate, hope all is ok with you now!?

This time I cycled in to a cement truck, dented it with my head. Also fu**ed up my bike, nearly as bad as my ribs.
      The Kopite91
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,646 posts | 229 
      Reply #84: Sep 11, 2016 09:19:01 pm
      This time I cycled in to a cement truck, dented it with my head. Also fu**ed up my bike, nearly as bad as my ribs.

There's a joke in there somewhere but now isn't the time! :P

Genuinely hope you're as well as you can be after something like that mate.
      Roddenberry
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,927 posts | 1578 
      Reply #85: Sep 11, 2016 09:27:46 pm
      There's a joke in there somewhere but now isn't the time! :P

Genuinely hope you're as well as you can be after something like that mate.

Apart from the ribs and some side effects from my second concussion in eight months, I'm well. You keep safe as well, though better a horse kick than a donkey punch.
      The Kopite91
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,646 posts | 229 
      Reply #86: Sep 11, 2016 09:32:43 pm
      Apart from the ribs and some side effects from my second concussion in eight months, I'm well. You keep safe as well, though better a horse kick thn a donkey punch.

Haha I'll take a horse kick any day! :D
      LFCexiled
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,046 posts | 1052 
      • Lazarus of LFC
      Reply #87: Jul 09, 2017 03:04:07 pm
      Got back from A&E about an hour ago, parasol broke in the wind so I had to drill a stud out of one of the struts, drill slipped off the stud and the drill bit entered the old hand.

It did smart a bit I tells ya. 😲😯
      MsGerrard
      Reply #88: Jul 09, 2017 08:25:31 pm
      Got back from A&E about an hour ago, parasol broke in the wind so I had to drill a stud out of one of the struts, drill slipped off the stud and the drill bit entered the old hand.

It did smart a bit I tells ya. 😲😯

Ouch !!! I can imagine you said a few choice words at the time Ian  :holyshit:
      LFCexiled
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,046 posts | 1052 
      • Lazarus of LFC
      Reply #89: Jul 11, 2017 08:38:01 am
      Ouch !!! I can imagine you said a few choice words at the time Ian  :holyshit:

I couldn't, I was in the garden and the kids were there. Little shits. ;D

It was the quietest injury I've had, i went in the house and dressed it and when Sam told our oldest lily she said "I never heard any drama", cheeky little mare.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #90: Jul 11, 2017 09:24:52 am
      I couldn't, I was in the garden and the kids were there. Little shits. ;D

It was the quietest injury I've had, i went in the house and dressed it and when Sam told our oldest lily she said "I never heard any drama", cheeky little mare.

Ha ha ha...kids eh !!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,270 posts | 3530 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #91: Jul 23, 2017 06:21:55 am
      Oh my f**king god!! Had a slight bit of toothache through the week but was nothing pain really, went pretty quick. Yesterday though, unless I'm up and doing something it's f**king agony beyond belief!!! Barely slept and the pain is literally near on unbearable!! Never felt pain like it!
      MsGerrard
      Reply #92: Jul 23, 2017 01:43:00 pm
      Oh my f**king god!! Had a slight bit of toothache through the week but was nothing pain really, went pretty quick. Yesterday though, unless I'm up and doing something it's f**king agony beyond belief!!! Barely slept and the pain is literally near on unbearable!! Never felt pain like it!

Toothache is one of the most painful things in the world, I'd sooner give birth anyday  :laugh: Get yourself to the dentist asap Ben....rid yourself of the nightmare  >:(
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,036 posts | 1742 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #93: Jul 23, 2017 01:53:03 pm

Do it ASAP,  i left it too long and ended up in agony and i was in tears at times with the pain and ended up having seven teeth out in two sittings
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,270 posts | 3530 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #94: Jul 24, 2017 05:07:54 pm
      Had an emergency appointment today and had the start of a root canal done. Was inflamed and infected so it's got some antibiotic thing and a temp filling or something and now have 2x 1 hour appointments for the the rest of it. Still hurts a bit but that could be a mixture of where the infection was, having the work done today I guess. As it goes was actually pain free last night, but today it was one tooth untouchable instead of pain along the gum like before, must have been coming off of that tooth the other day or something.

Tell you what though, I've had broken bones and torn ligaments that have been less painful that the other day!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 28,826 posts | 3460 
      Reply #95: Jul 30, 2017 04:43:24 am
      Currently suffering with Psoriasis in two spots, around one of my elbows and slighty on arm and just above ankle.

Cream on to try and take away itching feeling, but painful like a motherfucker!!
      LFCexiled
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,046 posts | 1052 
      • Lazarus of LFC
      Reply #96: Aug 11, 2017 06:51:51 pm
      In for an operation at 7.45am tomorrow to repair a torn frenulum. (Enjoy that thought gents)

F***ing coutinho, ya pr**k.

;D

I'm hoping I'm first in so I can be back for kick off, not holding out much hope tbh.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,556 posts | 4964 
      • YNWA
      Reply #97: Aug 11, 2017 07:16:23 pm
      In for an operation at 7.45am tomorrow to repair a torn frenulum. (Enjoy that thought gents)

F***ing coutinho, ya pr**k.

;D

I'm hoping I'm first in so I can be back for kick off, not holding out much hope tbh.

Errr...as in your banjo string? And you tore it off when you read that Coutinho had handed in a transfer request? And more to the point - ouch!
      LFCexiled
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,046 posts | 1052 
      • Lazarus of LFC
      Reply #98: Aug 11, 2017 07:38:35 pm
      Errr...as in your banjo string? And you tore it off when you read that Coutinho had handed in a transfer request? And more to the point - ouch!

Yup banjo, nope, but everything's Phil's fault (unless you blame the owners of course) and yes ouch.

Cut, snip, cut, sew.

I'm back in work on Monday so I'm hoping it'll be foine.

😏

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,556 posts | 4964 
      • YNWA
      Reply #99: Aug 11, 2017 08:40:05 pm
      Yup banjo, nope, but everything's Phil's fault (unless you blame the owners of course) and yes ouch.

Cut, snip, cut, sew.

I'm back in work on Monday so I'm hoping it'll be foine.

😏

Well it seems like a standard procedure so I'm sure all will go well. Makes my eyes water though...

Quick Reply