Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

The Medical Thread.

Read 56645 times
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Re: The Medical Thread.
      Reply #69: Jun 06, 2015 12:12:01 am
      Any one with some tips about dealing with a concussion?  Feel nauseous but not like I'm going to throw up, feel tired but not sleepy, stand up and the world moves around me.  In the last couple of hours, my neck's been sore as hell, nothing seems to ease it.  Typing this out was a pain as well, got a touch of light sensitivity and can't focus properly.

https://www.headway.org.uk/minor-head-injury-and-concussion.aspx?gclid=CKXWhbbW-cUCFWPnwgodPiYAJQ

Probably follow the advice here mate.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #70: Jun 06, 2015 12:13:25 am
      Get your self to A/E you silly fool.

Your symptoms sound like a migraine FWIW.

Already been & diagnosed, huge bump on the head to prove it. I'm just feeling like sh*t right now, hoping someone had some tips.
      BKLFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 822 posts |
      Reply #71: Sep 09, 2016 06:11:32 pm
      Hi everybody!
      Sorry to restart this thread after so long.
      But I just felt that I needed to inform all me and my wife's update.
      I did not get any recurrence yet after my parotidectomy. But over the years the remnant gland did atrophy. Had a root canal done same side which I attribute to less saliva. Never did put a cap on the tooth. What's the point after you killed the tooth, right?
      Me and Missus tried again in the IVF clinic with our last set of frozen embryos. The 15 day wait till the Beta HCG test was all that was needed, didn't even come up positive. More disappointment and crying and heading back home.
      Our only option now, to us seemed like surgery with an experienced surgeon.
      A month passed after returning from the birth clinic and the Endometerosis pain returned. Wife was now pressing for a quicker surgery date.
      But I had already realised that postponing the surgery and getting her to lose weight (she put on weight due to pain meds, inactive lifestyle due to pain, lupron and the IVF meds) would be a better way to make sure of a higher chance of surgery success rate.
      She had already started eating more healthy food and stopped junk foods. Added hemp seeds to her diet. And to lose weight ate 9 lemons first thing in the morning. Suprise surprise by the 2nd month she had lost 8 kegs. Added Lugols Iodine 2 drops to a glass of juice to give her thyroid the oomph needed to absorb all the trace minerals.
      The pain still returned 2 month but for shorter durations, still very excruciating pain.
      I learned the lymphatic massage and Mayan massage.
      Than the 3rd month her period dosent arrive. Voila! A Miracle. The home kit came strong positive first time. Heard the heart beat as well through a TVS scan and going to hospital in Kathmandu.
      Feel very happy!
      Thanks all for your time and interest and wish all of you good health and for those on the down, happy healing!
      YNWA
      MsGerrard
      Reply #72: Sep 09, 2016 06:32:07 pm
      ^^^ All the very best to you and your Wife, hope everything turns out well for you both  :)
      BKLFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 822 posts |
      Reply #73: Sep 09, 2016 06:42:11 pm
      Thanks for your well wishes MsG will need every bit of it till successful delivery. Oh me Nerves!
      MsGerrard
      Reply #74: Sep 09, 2016 07:13:01 pm
      Thanks for your well wishes MsG will need every bit of it till successful delivery. Oh me Nerves!

My pleasure...when's the due date?
      BKLFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 822 posts |
      Reply #75: Sep 11, 2016 07:41:14 am
      We are only midway through the 2nd trimester, so don't know the expected date yet!
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #76: Sep 11, 2016 08:16:52 pm
      I recently got kicked by a horse (occupational hazard) into my right side under my ribs, above my hip, no bones broken luckily. I had a slight bleed in my kidney and had a night in hospital for observation. It was sore but far from excruciating, I took a few days off work and went back (admittedly too soon). There was slight muscle damage and deep internal bruising, and through the ins and outs of the job I aggrevated the muscle injury and at the same time suffered from some bad muscle spasms. Another few days off plus some muscle relaxers and pain killers. I am generally fine now, but it will be a month since the incident and I still suffer from pain from my side, mainly at rest, I am fine when I'm up and moving. I'm finding myself falling asleep in the same position each night just to accommodate the pain. It's been going on for a while obviously and I'm not a fan of pills so I've weaned myself off the pain killers.

I am usually very good at understanding my own body and my own healing time. I'm not Macho man rushing things, saying I'm fine when I'm not, but I know the initial injury wasn't bad. But I feel like I should be over this by now. Has anyone had anything similar? Or have any ideas?
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #77: Sep 11, 2016 08:27:17 pm
      Ribs and the lattice of interconnecting muscle and tissue around them are a bi*ch. 5 weeks after my bike accident, everything else if fine,  but not my ribs and certain movements, especially sideways ones. I don't like taking the painkillers either, refused them at hospital, which was a mistake.

The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #78: Sep 11, 2016 08:48:53 pm
      Ribs and the lattice of interconnecting muscle and tissue around them are a bi*ch. 5 weeks after my bike accident, everything else if fine,  but not my ribs and certain movements, especially sideways ones. I don't like taking the painkillers either, refused them at hospital, which was a mistake.

You've hit the nail on the head mate... summed me up perfectly! Did you find anything to help you along or is it a case of let time sort it?
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #79: Sep 11, 2016 08:52:33 pm
      You've hit the nail on the head mate... summed me up perfectly! Did you find anything to help you along or is it a case of let time sort it?

Time I'm afraid, nothing else for it.
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #80: Sep 11, 2016 08:56:04 pm
      Time I'm afraid, nothing else for it.

Thanks Rodders, just needed some reassurance. Like I say I'm usually very good at judging these things but this has me quite frustrated.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #81: Sep 11, 2016 08:58:43 pm
      Thanks Rodders, just needed some reassurance. Like I say I'm usually very good at judging these things but this has me quite frustrated.

I once flexed the cartilage in by rib cage, that took three-four months to heal. I'm hoping this is quicker.
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #82: Sep 11, 2016 09:00:45 pm
      I once flexed the cartilage in by rib cage, that took three-four months to heal. I'm hoping this is quicker.

F***ing hell mate, hope all is ok with you now!?
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #83: Sep 11, 2016 09:09:25 pm
      F***ing hell mate, hope all is ok with you now!?

This time I cycled in to a cement truck, dented it with my head. Also fu**ed up my bike, nearly as bad as my ribs.
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #84: Sep 11, 2016 09:19:01 pm
      This time I cycled in to a cement truck, dented it with my head. Also fu**ed up my bike, nearly as bad as my ribs.

There's a joke in there somewhere but now isn't the time! :P

Genuinely hope you're as well as you can be after something like that mate.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #85: Sep 11, 2016 09:27:46 pm
      There's a joke in there somewhere but now isn't the time! :P

Genuinely hope you're as well as you can be after something like that mate.

Apart from the ribs and some side effects from my second concussion in eight months, I'm well. You keep safe as well, though better a horse kick than a donkey punch.
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #86: Sep 11, 2016 09:32:43 pm
      Apart from the ribs and some side effects from my second concussion in eight months, I'm well. You keep safe as well, though better a horse kick thn a donkey punch.

Haha I'll take a horse kick any day! :D
      MsGerrard
      Reply #87: Jul 09, 2017 08:25:31 pm
      Got back from A&E about an hour ago, parasol broke in the wind so I had to drill a stud out of one of the struts, drill slipped off the stud and the drill bit entered the old hand.

It did smart a bit I tells ya. 😲😯

Ouch !!! I can imagine you said a few choice words at the time Ian  :holyshit:
      MsGerrard
      Reply #88: Jul 11, 2017 09:24:52 am
      I couldn't, I was in the garden and the kids were there. Little shits. ;D

It was the quietest injury I've had, i went in the house and dressed it and when Sam told our oldest lily she said "I never heard any drama", cheeky little mare.

Ha ha ha...kids eh !!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #89: Jul 23, 2017 06:21:55 am
      Oh my F***ing god!! Had a slight bit of toothache through the week but was nothing pain really, went pretty quick. Yesterday though, unless I'm up and doing something it's F***ing agony beyond belief!!! Barely slept and the pain is literally near on unbearable!! Never felt pain like it!
      MsGerrard
      Reply #90: Jul 23, 2017 01:43:00 pm
      Oh my F***ing god!! Had a slight bit of toothache through the week but was nothing pain really, went pretty quick. Yesterday though, unless I'm up and doing something it's F***ing agony beyond belief!!! Barely slept and the pain is literally near on unbearable!! Never felt pain like it!

Toothache is one of the most painful things in the world, I'd sooner give birth anyday  :laugh: Get yourself to the dentist asap Ben....rid yourself of the nightmare  >:(
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #91: Jul 23, 2017 01:53:03 pm
      Oh my f**king god!! Had a slight bit of toothache through the week but was nothing pain really, went pretty quick. Yesterday though, unless I'm up and doing something it's f**king agony beyond belief!!! Barely slept and the pain is literally near on unbearable!! Never felt pain like it!

Do it ASAP,  i left it too long and ended up in agony and i was in tears at times with the pain and ended up having seven teeth out in two sittings

Quick Reply