Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

The Medical Thread.

Read 56651 times
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Re: The Medical Thread.
      Reply #161: Jan 22, 2021 10:01:09 pm
      Thanks Guys, really appreciate your support in these testing times, just not nice being around hospitals at the moment, I'm sure it will all work out for me in the end, you have to keep positive with these things don't you, a lot of people much worse off than me.

Sorry to hear Cas stay strong hope it all goes well.

I’ve got my foot in a moon boot after fracturing the metatarsal bones in my foot and little toe ... kicking the granite coffe table in frustration watching the Newcastle game. Very annoying as my football preseason started last week.
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,631 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #162: Jan 22, 2021 10:06:59 pm
      Sorry to hear Cas stay strong hope it all goes well.

I’ve got my foot in a moon boot after fracturing the metatarsal bones in my foot and little toe ... kicking the granite coffe table in frustration watching the Newcastle game. Very annoying as my football preseason started last week.

Ouch hun  :( I feel your pain, they've given me a special shoe/boot to wear to keep the pressure off my toe, hope you feel better soon and get back to playing footy asap.
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,264 posts | 280 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #163: Jan 26, 2021 07:58:36 am
      Out of surgery and recovering results to follow, currently making a pig of myself with Ice pops, sandwiches and TEA made with my own IMPORTED teabags, Non of this Aussie Bushells Crap, ;D! Thanks forall your good wishes YNWA!

Nice one mate. Hope your recovery goes well 👍🏼
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #164: Jan 28, 2021 11:53:18 pm
      Nice one mate. Hope your recovery goes well 👍🏼

Surgery wasn't a problem but the Chemo and Radiotherapy was a bit of a bugger especially near the end (dec 31st). back home now but no appetite and sore throat not helping me in the eating department, can't keep weight on and a cancerous kidney needs extracting asap so catch 22 at the moment!
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #165: Jan 28, 2021 11:54:00 pm
      So I'm back at the hospital tomorrow to see the diabetic foot clinic, I've had a toe infection, ulcerated and have been on a course of anti-biotics for 6 weeks, if it's not healed enough, I may lose my toe  :( :( dreading going with all the covid about and dreading the news I might get  :(

Hope all goes well Cas love?
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,631 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #166: Jan 29, 2021 03:27:27 pm
      Surgery wasn't a problem but the Chemo and Radiotherapy was a bit of a bugger especially near the end (dec 31st). back home now but no appetite and sore throat not helping me in the eating department, can't keep weight on and a cancerous kidney needs extracting asap so catch 22 at the moment!

Not good Steve  >:( really hope things improve for you, my Sister had a kidney removed several years ago which was cancer, she manages quite easily with the one, but obviously has to be careful with drinking for instance.

Cheers hun, I'll be back there next Thursday to see how things are.

shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #167: Feb 12, 2021 06:32:18 pm
      Had my MRI results & bloods come through...

All normal thankfully... tinnitus & severe migraines stopped after I had my Scan...maybe I just need to sit in a magnetic field for an hour .. 😂
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,631 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #168: Feb 12, 2021 07:48:34 pm

All normal thankfully... tinnitus & severe migraines stopped after I had my Scan...maybe I just need to sit in a magnetic field for an hour .. 😂

That's so good to hear Shabs, you must be relieved to hear that.

I'm having surgery on my toe on Monday, never had an operation before and the only time I've ever been in hospital is to have both my kids, so I'm feeling a bit anxious and nervous about it all, just hope everything goes ok.
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,264 posts | 280 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #169: Feb 12, 2021 07:51:02 pm

Hope you’re getting on ok mate
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,264 posts | 280 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #170: Feb 12, 2021 07:53:36 pm

:gt-happyup:
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #171: Feb 12, 2021 08:06:36 pm
      That's so good to hear Shabs, you must be relieved to hear that.

I'm having surgery on my toe on Monday, never had an operation before and the only time I've ever been in hospital is to have both my kids, so I'm feeling a bit anxious and nervous about it all, just hope everything goes ok.

Thanks Cas, yes it’s a relief.. I guess the stress of loosing dad really hit me for 6, we were inseparable.. sorry to hear about your Op..will they remove the dead tissue around the toe or the actual toe..?
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,631 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #172: Feb 12, 2021 09:18:37 pm
      Thanks Cas, yes it’s a relief.. I guess the stress of loosing dad really hit me for 6, we were inseparable.. sorry to hear about your Op..will they remove the dead tissue around the toe or the actual toe..?

It hits you so much harder when your so close, I lost my Dad over two years ago and I still think about him and miss him every day, my Mum will be 90 in May, I wonder how much longer I'll have her for.

I'm hoping I'm not going to lose the actual toe, hopefully just the dead tissue around it.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #173: Feb 12, 2021 09:28:45 pm
      It hits you so much harder when your so close, I lost my Dad over two years ago and I still think about him and miss him every day, my Mum will be 90 in May, I wonder how much longer I'll have her for.

I'm hoping I'm not going to lose the actual toe, hopefully just the dead tissue around it.

True, Dad used to get ulcers on his feet through diabetes, he would rub his feet together & that would cause blistering, we thought at one point he had vascular damage and there was no blood flow to his toes, thankfully at the time there was so they treated him with antibiotics and had a dressing change everyday.. his feet healed within 4 weeks..

Hopefully you’ll be ok, is nerving at first but once they remove the dead debris & a bandage you up you should be ok, just got the keep it dry all  the time..
      « Last Edit: Feb 12, 2021 09:38:00 pm by Shabs »
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,631 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #174: Feb 12, 2021 09:32:05 pm
      True, Dad used to get ulcers on his feet through diabetes, he would rub his feet together & that would cause blistering, we thought at one point he had vascular damage and there was no blood flow to his toes, thankfully at the time there was so they treated him with antibiotics and had a dressing change everyday.. his feet healed within 4 weeks..

Hopefully you’ll be ok, is nerving at first but once they remove the dead debris & a dangerous you up you should be ok, just got the keep it dry all  the time..

Thanks hun  :hug:
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #175: Feb 13, 2021 11:49:02 am
      Hope you’re getting on ok mate

Weights going on steadily now thanks and the date for my Kidney extraction has been set for the 4th March so at least I have  a final treatment date!
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,264 posts | 280 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #176: Feb 14, 2021 06:37:43 pm

Good luck Cas, you’ll be ok 😘
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,264 posts | 280 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #177: Feb 14, 2021 06:38:18 pm
      Weights going on steadily now thanks and the date for my Kidney extraction has been set for the 4th March so at least I have  a final treatment date!

Nice one mate, all the best 👍🏼
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,631 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #178: Feb 14, 2021 08:03:08 pm
      Good luck Cas, you’ll be ok 😘

Thanks Bob  :)
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #179: May 18, 2021 12:12:04 am
      I got to 8 & then 7, 2nd time around... I’m a casual smoker too..

https://twitter.com/likedbyari/status/1393746743464906752?s=21
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #180: May 18, 2021 10:54:52 am

Giving the ciggies a break, haven't had one for nearly 3 months and surprised meself by getting to 7.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #181: May 18, 2021 10:57:21 am

How did it go with your foot Cas?
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #182: May 18, 2021 10:57:55 am
      Giving the ciggies a break, haven't had one for nearly 3 months and surprised meself by getting to 7.

That’s good going Stuey, lungs repairing themselves..keep it up..👍🏼
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #183: May 18, 2021 10:59:14 am
      That’s good going Stuey, lungs repairing themselves..keep it up..👍🏼

Hope so mate!

Quick Reply