Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

The Medical Thread.

Read 56649 times
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Re: The Medical Thread.
      Reply #184: May 18, 2021 02:17:16 pm
      I got to 8 & then 7, 2nd time around... I’m a casual smoker too..

https://twitter.com/likedbyari/status/1393746743464906752?s=21

Got to 9 and a half. Tried my best to hold off for the 10 but was struggling since it turned to 9.
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,631 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #185: May 18, 2021 08:40:23 pm
      How did it go with your foot Cas?

All healed up nicely after my operation thanks Stuey, have to go back regularly to the hospital so they can keep checking my feet which can only be a good thing.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #186: May 18, 2021 09:29:56 pm
      Giving the ciggies a break, haven't had one for nearly 3 months and surprised meself by getting to 7.

brilliant mate just think of the money you are saving. Hard work but fantastic results mate well done
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #187: May 18, 2021 09:35:03 pm
      It hits you so much harder when your so close, I lost my Dad over two years ago and I still think about him and miss him every day, my Mum will be 90 in May, I wonder how much longer I'll have her for.

I'm hoping I'm not going to lose the actual toe, hopefully just the dead tissue around it.

we had to take in my Mother in law last May at 94 after a fall she passed away in March . it was 10 months of incredible hard work with little or no support from our GP or the NHS. Since her passing SWMBO has really taken a bad turn health wise and you need to be careful when you put so much of yourself into looking after a loved one there is a price to pay...but we wouldnt have done anything different family is everything
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #188: May 18, 2021 09:36:01 pm
      Giving the ciggies a break, haven't had one for nearly 3 months and surprised meself by getting to 7.

👏👏👏👏
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #189: May 18, 2021 09:39:55 pm
      brilliant mate just think of the money you are saving. Hard work but fantastic results mate well done

Only thought about that the other day mate and figured out the saving is about £150, another bonus.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #190: May 18, 2021 09:43:47 pm
      Only thought about that the other day mate and figured out the saving is about £150, another bonus.

a few years ago i bought my mate an E cig thingy. He had an app on his phone that showed him how much he had saved. Money aside you are adding quality of life to your remaining years and adding inches to your leap height when Ali scores the winning goal
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #191: May 18, 2021 10:41:54 pm
      All healed up nicely after my operation thanks Stuey, have to go back regularly to the hospital so they can keep checking my feet which can only be a good thing.

Made up for you kidda, so good to hear you're feeling better Cas.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2051 
      Reply #192: May 18, 2021 11:02:02 pm
      I got to 8 & then 7, 2nd time around... I’m a casual smoker too..

https://twitter.com/likedbyari/status/1393746743464906752?s=21

Tried it earlier in the day and got to 8 like you. Went out running around tea time and tried it now. Got to 10...just!
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,631 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #193: May 19, 2021 10:37:21 am
      Made up for you kidda, so good to hear you're feeling better Cas.

Cheers Stuey, just want the weather to warm up a bit now and get some sunshine on me  :gt-happyup:
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #194: May 19, 2021 12:53:14 pm
      Cheers Stuey, just want the weather to warm up a bit now and get some sunshine on me  :gt-happyup:

Don’t we all Cas!
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #195: May 19, 2021 12:56:27 pm
      Tried it earlier in the day and got to 8 like you. Went out running around tea time and tried it now. Got to 10...just!

4 without trying, then took a long breath got to 11. Im a decent swimmer, so I should be ok.

Actually reminds me, need to get back to swimming now its open again.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #196: Oct 10, 2021 08:27:19 pm
      First migraine in almost 2 years has rendered me useless….
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,631 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #197: Oct 10, 2021 10:13:42 pm

Feel for you  :( I suffer only very occasionally with migraines, but when I do, I'm in bed in a dark room for hours....get better soon.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #198: Oct 11, 2021 04:06:58 am

Feel better soon pal.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #199: Oct 11, 2021 09:55:16 am
      Feel for you  :( I suffer only very occasionally with migraines, but when I do, I'm in bed in a dark room for hours....get better soon.

Started Thursday & this morning slightly better, waiting for the osteopath to call so I can get a neck/ back & head massage, it helps in reducing the pain…

AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #200: Oct 11, 2021 10:39:58 am
      Migraines are the worst! I suffer at least 3 a month, and you’re right, they just knock you down and keep you down until it’s passed.

Wish I wasn’t so awkward with people touching me though because a massage afterwards sounds amazing.

Hope it’s fully passed soon!
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #201: Oct 20, 2021 12:35:36 pm
      Sat in the docs waiting for my half yearly blood tests and I’m the only one here never seen the place so quiet.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #202: Jan 25, 2022 09:10:59 pm
      Just over two years ago I was in the best shape of my adult life. Today I'm a mess and back in hospital for the sixth time in four months. The news, sofar today, hasn't been the best, raised more questions than answers but some progress has been made. More tests, more blood, more scans on the way and, hopefully, answers.

And urology is just one part of the puzzle, awaiting an endocrinology appointment, further eye hospital appointments and probably more CBT.

I must say the NHS has been excellent, despite obvious pressures and we should treasure it and guard it jealously. Every member of staff was superb and supportive, even apologising for delays that, in all honesty, are well beyond their control.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #203: Jan 25, 2022 09:38:49 pm
      Just over two years ago I was in the best shape of my adult life. Today I'm a mess and back in hospital for the sixth time in four months. The news, sofar today, hasn't been the best, raised more questions than answers but some progress has been made. More tests, more blood, more scans on the way and, hopefully, answers.

And urology is just one part of the puzzle, awaiting an endocrinology appointment, further eye hospital appointments and probably more CBT.

I must say the NHS has been excellent, despite obvious pressures and we should treasure it and guard it jealously. Every member of staff was superb and supportive, even apologising for delays that, in all honesty, are well beyond their control.
      The positives to take from that are at least you’re in the system , and in the best hands , can only wish you well and hope you have some positive outcomes to all your tests good luck . Like you when I was in that place I couldn’t speak highly or thank the staff enough .
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 188 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Reply #204: Jun 03, 2022 12:37:06 pm
      Well my date has finally arrived for my hip replacement,Monday morning 7:30,can't wait after all the pain I have been in for 3 years and just to be able to walk again....YES!.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #205: Jun 03, 2022 01:57:00 pm
      Well my date has finally arrived for my hip replacement,Monday morning 7:30,can't wait after all the pain I have been in for 3 years and just to be able to walk again....YES!.

Good luck. My father in law has had his hip(s) replaced 3 times. Make sure to keep up your recovery, physical therapy and such. You don't want to have to have it done again in 10 years.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #206: Jun 03, 2022 02:34:11 pm

Had the same op 2 years ago after a fall mate, no worries whatever and you'll be back down the alehouse in no time at all.

Quick Reply