Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

The Medical Thread.

Read 56675 times
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,632 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Re: The Medical Thread.
      Reply #207: Jun 03, 2022 09:07:17 pm
      Well my date has finally arrived for my hip replacement,Monday morning 7:30,can't wait after all the pain I have been in for 3 years and just to be able to walk again....YES!.

Good luck Al hope they look after you and you get well soon, hope the op goes well.
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 188 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Reply #208: Aug 02, 2022 05:30:31 pm
      Well after the cancellation of my hip op I finally had it done on 15th of July and I'm glad to say everything went great, just over two weeks after the op and my mobility coming on really well physio starts next week but already walking not too far and taking it nice and easy. Great to be out of pain.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #209: Jan 22, 2023 04:27:20 pm
      Anyone had re occuring tonislitis here? Last two years now I've got tonsillitis in Jan and it just won't go away, had two set of antibiotics so far. Last year it went once the weather got warmer but untill then I had to deal with severely bad sore throats and flu on and off for months.
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,632 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #210: Mar 06, 2023 05:40:37 pm
      Off to hospital tomorrow for my second lot of eye injections, I'm having to have 4 sessions in total as I have leakage at the back of my eyes, they put a needle into the corners of each eye after flooding the eyes with drops to numb them, can't say I'm looking forward to it but it needs to be done.

Wish me luck  :(
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #211: Mar 06, 2023 06:33:04 pm
      Anyone had re occuring tonislitis here? Last two years now I've got tonsillitis in Jan and it just won't go away, had two set of antibiotics so far. Last year it went once the weather got warmer but untill then I had to deal with severely bad sore throats and flu on and off for months.
      Had it when I was a lot younger just got progressively worse , ended up having them removed in my middle twenties .
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #212: Mar 06, 2023 06:33:28 pm
      Off to hospital tomorrow for my second lot of eye injections, I'm having to have 4 sessions in total as I have leakage at the back of my eyes, they put a needle into the corners of each eye after flooding the eyes with drops to numb them, can't say I'm looking forward to it but it needs to be done.

Good luck Cas all the best .
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #213: Mar 06, 2023 06:47:16 pm

Doesn't sound too pleasant, but guess it's needs doing, so good luck with it !!!
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,632 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #214: Mar 06, 2023 08:09:48 pm

Doesn't sound too pleasant, but guess it's needs doing, so good luck with it !!!

Thanks a lot fella's.

el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 188 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Reply #215: Mar 10, 2023 02:40:25 pm

Hope everything went well for ya Cas.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #216: Mar 10, 2023 04:00:15 pm
      Had polyp removed yesterday, felt nervous as usual, but everything seemed to go ok. Stayed with a life long friend overnight as a precaution. The worse part taking two lots of laxatives in the morning, not a pleasant experience !
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #217: Mar 10, 2023 04:49:31 pm

Hope you didn't need luck Cas and it went well.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #218: Mar 10, 2023 06:41:47 pm
      Had polyp removed yesterday, felt nervous as usual, but everything seemed to go ok. Stayed with a life long friend overnight as a precaution. The worse part taking two lots of laxatives in the morning, not a pleasant experience !

Had the same thing 4 weeks ago David.  :lmao: Not very nice. 🤢
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #219: Mar 10, 2023 09:04:47 pm
      Had the same thing 4 weeks ago David.  :lmao: Not very nice. 🤢

Turned out to be a rather large polyp Keith grade 3. thanks for the interest take care.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #220: Mar 10, 2023 09:08:32 pm
      Turned out to be a rather large polyp Keith grade 3. thanks for the interest take care.

Not heard it called grade, the term they used for me was the sizing in millimetres. Glad you’re feeling better.
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,632 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #221: Mar 10, 2023 09:51:55 pm
      Hope everything went well for ya Cas.

Cheers Al, all went well this time, got the next injections in a months time. had black spots and floaters in front of my eyes for a couple of days but fortunately they've gone now.

Hope you didn't need luck Cas and it went well.

All good for now Stuey, got two more lots to have then they'll review how successful or not the injections have been.

bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #222: Mar 10, 2023 10:23:13 pm
      Cheers Al, all went well this time, got the next injections in a months time. had black spots and floaters in front of my eyes for a couple of days but fortunately they've gone now.

All good for now Stuey, got two more lots to have then they'll review how successful or not the injections have been.

Well, good to hear this round seems to have gone well.  To use a football analogy, just need to play it one game at a time :)
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,632 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #223: Mar 10, 2023 10:43:11 pm
      Well, good to hear this round seems to have gone well.  To use a football analogy, just need to play it one game at a time :)

Absolutely hun  :D
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,632 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #224: May 01, 2023 09:39:22 pm
      Off to hospital again tomorrow for my 4th and last lot of eye injections, for now anyway, hoping that they've worked, I'll know at the end of next month when I have more tests, fingers crossed. I'm nervous as hell  :(
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #225: May 01, 2023 09:47:35 pm
      Off to hospital again tomorrow for my 4th and last lot of eye injections, for now anyway, hoping that they've worked, I'll know at the end of next month when I have more tests, fingers crossed. I'm nervous as hell  :(

Hope all goes well 🤞
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,632 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #226: May 01, 2023 09:55:30 pm

Thanks muchly Lallana  :)
      Don77

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #227: May 30, 2023 11:44:57 am
      Hey fellow reds. Any dog/pet lovers here?

Abit of a bad time here. I just accepted in my head I need to send my 17 year old yorkie Rosie to sleep.

I'm not sure how I'm going to get through it. I'm just looking at places who will come do it at the house and then take her for private cremation.

Has anyone been through this? I feel totally broken in 2 and struggling to hold it together. Had her since 9 weeks old and we've been on an amazing journey. She was there in my darkest times .... and never left my side. She's my friend. She's my family.

I feel guilty to end her life ... I feel guilty not to. But she won't eat ... and she can't enjoy life. I have to say goodbye.

It scares the life out of me though.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #228: May 30, 2023 01:04:33 pm

Abit of a bad time here. I just accepted in my head I need to send my 17 year old yorkie Rosie to sleep.

I'm not sure how I'm going to get through it. I'm just looking at places who will come do it at the house and then take her for private cremation.

Has anyone been through this? I feel totally broken in 2 and struggling to hold it together. Had her since 9 weeks old and we've been on an amazing journey. She was there in my darkest times .... and never left my side. She's my friend. She's my family.

I feel guilty to end her life ... I feel guilty not to. But she won't eat ... and she can't enjoy life. I have to say goodbye.

Sorry to hear that Don.   :'( Been through same thing twice and there's no easy way round it pal. Decided i wasn't going through the heartache  again so not having anymore pets much as id love one.

Your doing the right thing though from reading your post.
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,264 posts | 280 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #229: May 30, 2023 01:10:10 pm

Sorry to hear that mate.
      I’ve got 2 dogs and the thought of what you’re going through is always at the back of my mind. Hope you can deal with it as best you can and that time heals 🤞🏻

Quick Reply