Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Revoke the Decision to Host 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia

Read 10881 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Re: Revoke the Decision to Host 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia
      Reply #23: Mar 26, 2014 02:12:45 pm
      I think Fishpie is pointing out the double standards from certain countries,USA,UK,France,Germany etc have all condemned Russia regarding Crimea but those very same countries have facilitated the creation of Israel on a state called Palestine.

Double standards indeed.

So if a police officer (who has admittedly broken the speed limit while driving his personal car at one point in time) pulls you over for breaking the speed limit, does his history of exceeding the speed limit mean that you weren't actually speeding?

shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,421 posts | 4581 
      Reply #24: Mar 26, 2014 02:15:24 pm

Can you inform me please when was the last time ANY country in the west annexed a part of another by force? I'll give you a hint, it led to World War 2.

Now I'm not sure if Russia wants to start World War 3, I hope and pray they don't, but if they keep pushing they'll get wiped out, it will be a bloody and horrible war but they will NOT win.

The bold bit, Yugoslavia,Serbia, Kosovo ring a bell?.

The second part about Russia being wiped out,let me draw your attention to this link, you been listening to her? ;)

Former Ukrainian Prime Minister Yulia Tymoshenko threatens to wipe Russia out.

Daft bi*ch I would say,world was safer when she was behind bars.

http://xrepublic.tv/node/8134

So if a police officer (who has admittedly broken the speed limit while driving his personal car at one point in time) pulls you over for breaking the speed limit, does his history of exceeding the speed limit mean that you weren't actually speeding?

No, but I would expect the officer to lead by example & show some understanding of the situation as appose to issuing sanctions a ticket.

TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #25: Mar 26, 2014 02:20:52 pm
      I think Fishpie is pointing out the double standards from certain countries,USA,UK,France,Germany etc have all condemned Russia regarding Crimea but those very same countries have facilitated the creation of Israel on a state called Palestine.

Double standards indeed.

Germany wasn't involved in the creation of Israel as they weren't included on UN Partition Plan. The Soviet Union, however, did in fact vote in favor of creating Israel. The UK was an abstention, but did set forth the agenda regarding Palestine. Not sure how this example is relevant.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #26: Mar 26, 2014 02:31:07 pm
      No, but I would expect the officer to lead by example & show some understanding of the situation as appose to issuing sanctions a ticket.

Thanks, I needed a good laugh today. :lmao:

shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,421 posts | 4581 
      Reply #27: Mar 26, 2014 03:01:59 pm
      Thanks, I needed a good laugh today. :lmao:

Me too, hence the response.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #28: Mar 26, 2014 03:39:16 pm

So by your logic only a nation that has a completely untarnished track record throughout it's history should ever be involved in condemning the rogue actions of one country against another.

So basically anarchy is cool then. Understood.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,421 posts | 4581 
      Reply #29: Mar 26, 2014 04:04:10 pm
      So by your logic only a nation that has a completely untarnished track record throughout it's history should ever be involved in condemning the rogue actions of one country against another.

So basically anarchy is cool then. Understood.

Jesus

"Let any one of you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her"

Anarchy is controlled, there would be none if there were justice in the world, it's that simple.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #30: Mar 26, 2014 04:32:52 pm
      Anarchy is controlled, there would be none if there were justice in the world, it's that simple.

Justice? What is justice but a man made idea to attempt to justify one's morality?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #31: Mar 26, 2014 05:12:58 pm
      The bold bit, Yugoslavia,Serbia, Kosovo ring a bell?.

The second part about Russia being wiped out,let me draw your attention to this link, you been listening to her? ;)

Former Ukrainian Prime Minister Yulia Tymoshenko threatens to wipe Russia out.

Daft bi*ch I would say,world was safer when she was behind bars.

http://xrepublic.tv/node/8134

WTF are you on about, in what way was Yugoslavia annexed?? "The Breakup of Yugoslavia occurred as a result of a series of political upheavals and conflicts during the early 1990s." "After the Communist victory in World War II, Yugoslavia was set up as a federation of six republics, with borders drawn along ethnic and historical lines: Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia, Montenegro and Macedonia." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breakup_of_Yugoslavia
      If anything the terrible wars which raged in the early 90's was a result of the borders created by the Soviets.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #32: Mar 26, 2014 06:41:48 pm
      I'm not defending the US, but to try and defend Russia by pointing the finger at the US and England is foolish. But if you want to appear foolish, keep it up.

It's not really that foolish to be reasonable. Most of the time what we hear on the news isn't the real story and I'm not versed enough in the history of Crimea to know the logistics or events that have initiated this coup or whatever it's actually supposed to be.
      Why on Earth America is poking their noses into Europe when we have other countries here who can deal with the issue makes me suspicious.
      America start things slyly to get people in power who will go along with some dodgy plan they set in motion.
      For now I'm looking forward to the match today and won't keep track of this, so, sorry about that.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #33: Mar 26, 2014 06:47:35 pm
      In t
      In modern society persecution based on sexuality or religion should never be accepted, especially not by a government.
      Can you inform me please when was the last time ANY country in the west annexed a part of another by force? I'll give you a hint, it led to World War 2.
      Now I'm not sure if Russia wants to start World War 3, I hope and pray they don't, but if they keep pushing they'll get wiped out, it will be a bloody and horrible war but they will NOT win.

My feeling is; there is more to the story than we've been led to believe. I never dismiss Russia's stance on certain things as stupid or from another era, their world is a different place type ideals. I like that Russia and China are not so easily led by American based world games.
      I'd shudder if I thought America had free right to stomp around the globe and implement it's various f'd up ideas.
      To me now, America is in the transition of becoming a fascist police state.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #34: Mar 26, 2014 06:53:13 pm
      It's not really that foolish to be reasonable. Most of the time what we hear on the news isn't the real story and I'm not versed enough in the history of Crimea to know the logistics or events that have initiated this coup or whatever it's actually supposed to be.
      Why on Earth America is poking their noses into Europe when we have other countries here who can deal with the issue makes me suspicious.
      America start things slyly to get people in power who will go along with some dodgy plan they set in motion.
      For now I'm looking forward to the match today and won't keep track of this, so, sorry about that.
      I've actually been to Ukraine...spent a couple of weeks in Kiev back in 2008 for work. Small sample size but the people that I talked to were none too happy even back then with Russia's disputes over the Crimea and with what they saw as lingering Russian influence.

If you want to put America on a pedestal of being the bad guy, go ahead....but to leave Russia off (among others) is ridiculous. Their intentions are no better than what you claim are America's intentions in foreign affairs.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #35: Mar 26, 2014 07:02:53 pm
      My feeling is; there is more to the story than we've been led to believe. I never dismiss Russia's stance on certain things as stupid or from another era, their world is a different place type ideals. I like that Russia and China are not so easily led by American based world games.
      I'd shudder if I thought America had free right to stomp around the globe and implement it's various f'd up ideas.

You seem to have some kind of agenda against the USA, calling it a fascist state is absurd, what are you actually basing that on? Like it or not Russia invaded and annexed a part of another country, there is no way of sugar coating that, they acted like bullies but ultimately lost a lot of respect from other countries in the world. It was a stupid stupid move from them, the clever play would have been to buy Crimea from Ukraine in return for erasing their debt and maybe some money on top.

manwithnoname
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 31 
      Reply #36: Mar 27, 2014 01:13:23 pm

As opposed to the liberal rose garden that is China and Russia.

You are totally mental.
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #37: Mar 28, 2014 02:40:30 pm
      WTF are you on about, in what way was Yugoslavia annexed?? "The Breakup of Yugoslavia occurred as a result of a series of political upheavals and conflicts during the early 1990s." "After the Communist victory in World War II, Yugoslavia was set up as a federation of six republics, with borders drawn along ethnic and historical lines: Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia, Montenegro and Macedonia." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breakup_of_Yugoslavia
      If anything the terrible wars which raged in the early 90's was a result of the borders created by the Soviets.

Serbia did infact annex parts of both Croatia and Bosnia-Herzegovina.  Croatia in turn annexed parts of Bosnia-Herzegovina (a good chunk of the Herzegovina part).  The terrible wars which raged in the early 90s were the result of borders created by the UK, France, Russia and Italy (see: London Pact of 1915) and later the Germans, who thought it was more important to make Yugoslavia a military might (despite the obvious cultural, linguistic and most importantly, religious differences - cultural, not so much) so as to withstand German expansionism rather than having money for the simple things, like food for your people.  Yugoslavia (albeit by a different name) had been around for over 20 years by the time WWII broke out.  1920s Yugoslavia and 1990s Yugoslavia was for all intents and purposes the same country.
      « Last Edit: Mar 28, 2014 03:46:42 pm by vitez »
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #38: Apr 30, 2014 03:43:43 pm
      Russia loves to portray itself as the injured party and the usual " nobody understands" us bollox. Russian citizens should ask themselves the question who has killed more Russians , America or Russia. It has to be the most corrupt nation on Earth when it comes to politics.
      I am really not a Fan of the USA's politics but do me a favour.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,421 posts | 4581 
      Reply #39: Apr 30, 2014 04:23:59 pm
      Russia loves to portray itself as the injured party and the usual " nobody understands" us bollox. Russian citizens should ask themselves the question who has killed more Russians , America or Russia. It has to be the most corrupt nation on Earth when it comes to politics.
      I am really not a Fan of the USA's politics but do me a favour.

No great fan of Putin but Russia do have a valid case regarding Ukraine & Crimea.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #40: Aug 03, 2014 12:32:16 pm
      No great fan of Putin but Russia do have a valid case regarding Ukraine & Crimea.

Russia dose not but maybe the people do. the fall of the former Soviet Empire was not done well this is the aftermath of it all and it needs to be dealt with without the influence of outside forces. Jeez the world is in a shitty state at present.

Quick Reply