Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 15th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. So who wins it?

Liverpool FC
      185 (75.8%)
      Manchester City
      45 (18.4%)
      Chelsea
      12 (4.9%)
      Arsenal
      2 (0.8%)

Total Members Voted: 240

The 'Run In'

Read 105106 times
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Re: The 'Run In'
      Reply #1104: May 07, 2014 10:29:00 pm
      city fans singing Steven Gerard and BA :-(

Don;t be too cocky, it will come back to bite their ass.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,232 posts | 4421 
      Reply #1105: May 07, 2014 10:30:14 pm

Considering they are going for the league and they can't sell out their stadium there can't be many of them!

MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #1106: May 07, 2014 10:33:05 pm

Because they have no class.

but then what do you expect from a club that's had to buy any success they've had with mansurs billions.

their front 4 cost as much as our whole team.
      But so what.? Brendan has showed us the right way to take the team forward. It's down to hard work rather than spending big. Regardless of who wins, we've pushed them all the way with a squad that cost 1/10!!
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #1107: May 07, 2014 10:46:00 pm
      We thought they'd choke against Palace , the same with Everton, Villa and now West Ham . They won't choke they have too much depth in that squad . We made our mistakes and so did they , not buying in the January transfer may have bit us in the arse too . However i'm more interested in how we do in the summer window to keep this performance going and even building on it . We can moan all night long about the Palace game , then why not go back to the Southampton game at home or any other game that we didn't get results , Hull away comes to mind . We played fantastic footie the best around in  my view and we won't burn out i refuse to believe that .
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,232 posts | 4421 
      Reply #1108: May 07, 2014 11:10:19 pm
      We thought they'd choke against Palace , the same with Everton, Villa and now West Ham . They won't choke they have too much depth in that squad . We made our mistakes and so did they , not buying in the January transfer may have bit us in the arse too . However i'm more interested in how we do in the summer window to keep this performance going and even building on it . We can moan all night long about the Palace game , then why not go back to the Southampton game at home or any other game that we didn't get results , Hull away comes to mind . We played fantastic footie the best around in  my view and we won't burn out i refuse to believe that .

Love your positivity however none of those compare to the collapse we suffered in 10mins at a crucial stage of the season. But like you say maybe the Toure calamity against W.Brom cost us.......over a season you can't pick out individual games but at the business end when it matters we choked. That may be hard to take but never the less it's the truth.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,564 posts | 1549 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #1109: May 07, 2014 11:19:06 pm
      There's one sliver of consolation

Mourhino wins sod all now that City just beat Villa
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,889 posts | 704 
      Reply #1110: May 07, 2014 11:19:14 pm
      Finally the months of games on hand are over, and we know where we stand. Looking ominous now, and depending on Allardyce to win us a league is a long shot, but it's not over until it's over.

We have our own job to do. Assuming we do it, we might get a lucky break over there. A red card, a penalty, a set piece or even a slip up. It's clutching at straws of course, but we're due a break. They struggled to break down Villa for an hour, they're not playing well in general atm.

But how sick must the blueballs be, at not trying to get a result last week, on the assumption we would win our last two games? They could have had the best of both worlds, instead they go to Hull with nothing to play for, while we can still win the league. It's still there to be won.
      Road end boy
      • Forum Youth Player

• 22 posts |
      Reply #1111: May 07, 2014 11:25:37 pm
      We just need a 13-0 win, and west ham to get a draw at city, anything is possible with our attack and this crazy season....haha just imagine that :).    If not, we go again next season with more experience and we have learned some valuable lessons.  One last thing, been monitoring villa, west ham , chelsea forums and they are all against us, they all think we are the darlings of the media, it looks like we really have taken over Man U,s mantle, bunch of bitter bas**rds the lot of them
      poolio_54
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 376 posts | 11 
      Reply #1112: May 07, 2014 11:40:44 pm
      Looking increasingly difficult but we can never give up hope in the face of adversity, it's the LFC way! On a seperate note I find all the crap on Facebook from United fans so laughable it's reeks of desperation. Christ we've taken the title to the final day of this season from 7th last year n from champions last year they are now struggling for Europe and apparently we're the joke! ;D all I know is we may not win the league but as united fans hav been telling me for years the table at the end of the year doesn't lie
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,521 posts | 2874 
      Reply #1113: May 07, 2014 11:58:33 pm
      Just glad we're playing at the same time as City for a change. If it's meant to be that this is our year then great but at least if City start banging a few in we can just concentrate on our own game and hopefully see the lads finish the season in style.
      isharerushiesbirthday
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #1114: May 08, 2014 12:46:45 am
      As a City fan I felt embarrassed by some of the fans' chanting at The Etihad tonight.  If the Gods of football decide this action requires punishment West Ham will get an 89th minute winner on Sunday! Needing a draw is a dangerous default position - far better to need to win.  I hope you guys don't mind me posting on here, but I have enjoyed your class, humility, quality of chat and respect for one another - something sometimes sadly lacking on 'Bluemoon' so thought I would add a contribution.

Liverpool have been the best team this season as City fans scratch their heads wondering how the hell they have got into this position.  I watched the Palace game and you took entirely the right approach going for the goals.  I said to myself I would have settled for 5 - 0.  If you'd come off the pitch as 3 -0 victors the pundits would have cried  6 goals were there for the taking and asked why didn't you have a go? 

What ever happens on Sunday - good luck - we all know it's not over and nobody has a clue how it'll all end!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,909 posts | 6833 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1115: May 08, 2014 05:46:17 am
      Surely whoever finishes top after 38 games deserves it mate? It's not like a cup competition where the best team often fails to win the trophy. You can't knock them, they have scored early as many goals without conceding nearly as many. I actually think that Arsenal have spent more time at the top of the league than anyone else this season!

I don't think we've handed it to them as such but we did lose a very important home game against Chelsea and that has cost us. Had we got our point against Chelsea we would have comfortably beaten Palace and I believe we would have coasted to the title.

As for tonight's game, I don't have much (if any) faith in Villa. Our only hope I think is for City to be drawing with West Ham with 10 to play on Sunday. Who knows what could happen if we get to that stage.

Of course they deserve it (if they win it).

Everton and Palace are in the same bracket in terms of form (Pulis would have them around 7th if the Premiershp table started in January). City managed to hang on to win 3-2 against Everton – we, on the other hand, fluffed it.

Yes we've played some good attacking football but we've conceded 49 goals - same as West Ham. Hull have conceded 51 so far.

This table shows you how good each of the previous champion's attack vs defence has been:

Season: Team: Attack ranking in league VS Defence ranking in league

2012/13 Man Utd 1st 2nd
      2011/12 Man City 1st 1st
      2010/11 Man Utd 1st 2nd/3rd
      2009/10 Chelsea 1st 2nd
      2008/09 Man Utd 2nd 1st/3rd
      2007/08 Man Utd 1st 1st
      2006/07 Man Utd 1st 2nd
      2005/06 Chelsea 1st/2nd 1st
      2004/05 Chelsea 2nd 1st
      2003/04 Arsenal 1st 1st
      2002/03 Man Utd 2nd 1st
      2001/02 Arsenal 3rd 2nd
      2000/01 Man Utd 1st 1st
      1999/00 Man Utd 1st 4th
      1998/99 Man Utd 1st 2nd
      1997/98 Arsenal 2nd 2nd
      1996/97 Man Utd 1st 3rd
      1995/96 Man Utd 1st 5th
      1994/95 Blackburn 1st 2nd
      1993/94 Man Utd 3rd 4th
      1992/93 Man Utd 4th 1st

Currently we have the best attack and 8th best defence. City however have the 2nd best attack and 2nd best defence. If they win it they certainly deserve it. Simply put, our attacking play hasn'r been good enough so far to mitigate our defensive problems. Keeping tight at the back is usually a pre-requisite for winning the league.

EDIT: table from : http://www.footballdirectnews.com/premier-league-news/38436-the-best-route-to-the-premier-league-title.php

Na F**k them, I had a bit of respect for them till I seen those cu*ts singing the Stevie slipped on his arse song. I hate the cu*ts with a passion. Richest Club in the World, hope they F***ing get points deducted of them for breaching the FFP rules. cu*ts.

You guys say they deserve it, each to their own but we got to where we got on a shoe string budget. They have billions at their disposal so no they don't F***ing deserve it!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #1116: May 08, 2014 06:02:54 am
      Bang on the money, Ian.

I don't respect any fans of other clubs in the top 6. They're all cu*ts. Chelsea and Manc (oops, they're not top 6 never mind) are obvious, Spurs fans boo more than cheer, Everton because they rather lose a match than cheer their team, Arsenal because they're support depends on results, and City because they're top of the league and still can't F***ing fill their stadium!
      Gabri
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 174 posts | 26 
      Reply #1117: May 08, 2014 06:26:53 am
      In order to have the slightest possibility to win the league on Sunday, we have to score very early in our game (1'-5') and the City match to go draw up until at least the 70'.

Pellegrini is not the type of guy that would sit back and play defence. He proved that in our match, where at 2-2 he pushed all along to score a third.

Only then we must hope that a potential counter attack or a corner from West Ham might go in.

In a case that City scores before the 70', it will end up as yesterday. 4-0

Their fans might be f**king cu*ts, but their team and their roster I think that deserve to win it. Yaya Toure and Silva are tremendous this year. They are real machines.
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #1118: May 08, 2014 06:47:10 am
      Few things....

89 - Liverpool could afford to lose 1-0 against Arsenal and still win league. Man City 'only' need to draw. Say its 1-1 in the 85th min.... do they push for the win ?

Secondly. Tiredness. Since whistle blew on West Ham game, Man City have played twice.

and lastly . Carroll, Downing and Cole - plus Nolan.. all connections to Liverpool. Other players may be on the beach, but Carroll in particular wants a plane ticket to Brazil... couple of goals in the last game of the season will certainly give him attention....

Unlikely ? Yes. Improbable ? Almost certainly. Impossible ? No.
      finchie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,576 posts | 154 
      Reply #1119: May 08, 2014 08:17:05 am
      89 - Liverpool could afford to lose 1-0 against Arsenal and still win league.

having won their penultimate game by 4 clear goals (like City did last night). The form Liverpool were in as they entered that last match, they were never likely to lose at home 2-0 but it happened.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,615 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #1120: May 08, 2014 08:19:38 am
      Still in with a chance on last day of the season. Brilliant !
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #1121: May 08, 2014 08:25:44 am
      Anyone know the best odds for us to lift the title from here?
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #1122: May 08, 2014 08:36:10 am
      having won their penultimate game by 4 clear goals (like City did last night). The form Liverpool were in as they entered that last match, they were never likely to lose at home 2-0 but it happened.

I still remember to this day screaming at the TV for Molby or Hansen or someone to take out Michael Thomas on that run. take the red card, end it.
      Markvkeulen
      • Forum Youth Player

• 13 posts |
      Reply #1123: May 08, 2014 08:38:09 am
      Take your time to watch this video (in Dutch)
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DVRJu161sU

It's about the last day of 2006/2007 league in the Netherlands and how my Dutch team (PSV) have won it.

There was a banner before the game saying: "No bullshit, 13-0"

ALWAYS BEL19VE!
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #1124: May 08, 2014 08:40:29 am

That shows that deep down they know that if it was not for that unfortunate Gerrard's slip their title race would have been over by then, the C.P. game would have been much different I suppose,,,,  so they are going to win the title due to other's misfortune

there's a very tiny tiny chance that luck will smile again ,but I am not counting on it,,,,,move on we have to win our last game in style tofinsh the season on a high and keep jose's  boring bus service below us ,,,than start preparing for another exiting season
       YNWA
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,564 posts | 1549 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #1125: May 08, 2014 08:48:17 am
      Come on, let's stop with the 'they don't deserve to win it' kind of talk. I've read it a few times now. If they're top after 38 games they deserve to win it. End of. We might not like it, but that's the reality.

Gerrard slipping, Suarez spewing, referees bottling, players diving, soft penalties, no penalties, off sides, on sides, poor linesmen, woodwork hit, keepers playing out of their skins, good luck, bad luck? This season is played out over 9 months of football and 38 games, more if you're in Europe, and you get lucky and you get unlucky along the way. Always has been the same always will be. Even Chelsea parking the two buses at the end of the day is a viable tactic to get you three points. We might not like it, it might be frustrating, but it worked, so they too deserved to win on the day, because they got all 3 points.

If Rooney, Terry, Torres, Aguero, Silva, Ba or any other player had slipped, we'd be all over it like a rash with our own chants and banners. That's banter, that's fans, that's what gives this game the edge it needs, and I hope it never goes away; it's football and it makes success all the more sweeter. 'Don't deserve it' is just bitter talk and only makes us sound like terrible losers, and it also distracts from the real picture here; us, and how we move on.

It is true that some teams get lucky, or perhaps I should say seem to get lucky more than others. I certainly don't believe every team finishes with the same amount of good luck (or bad for that matter), but that's to be expected. Football would be an odd spectacle if it was any other that way. Let's laugh at the jibes and see the funny side (some jibes are sick and cruel and deserve all the contempt they get - but most of it is just 'football - ha ha you lost - banter'). We have it in our locker to make them all pay sooner or later.

Whoever comes top, deserves it, whether it's us or another team. City didn't make us concede 3 goals in 9 minutes with 11 to play against Palace, and neither did a referee. Yes it hurts, and it probably hurts more than anything I've encountered before (at least sportswise). But we'll pick ourselves up and we'll go again next season.
      « Last Edit: May 08, 2014 09:27:40 am by Rush »
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #1126: May 08, 2014 09:00:02 am
      Not sure if this is the correct thread, but this thought keeps coming back to me...

89 - Hilsborough. We lost the league on virtually last kick of game at home, adding to the pain and numbness of previous weeks, esp as we had to play that extra game that week

move forward 25 years...

Justice being finally served. City, red hot favourites, title in their hands, play extra game in midweek, to take premier lead

the game :- west ham don't give a lot away first half, but city press towards half time, and the counter -attack, West ham score 0-1

Second half - west ham goal is bombarded, but they hold out, and sneak a second goal around the 70min mark

cue all out assualt by City. 85 min. 1-2
      90th - city lose possesion, Carroll, breaks - scores ! 1-3
      94th - city have scored again, 2-3 but its not enough

City lose at home

over at anfield, the kop has got wilder and noisier and the stadium erupts when george announces "And the final scoreline from the Eithad is man City 2 - west ham 3'

cue heart attacks, promises to have andy carroll's babies and all manner of things deeply inappropriate as the premier league scramble to get the trophy to Anfield where Gerrard has now disolved into a puddle of tears.

Quick Reply