Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. So who wins it?

Liverpool FC
      185 (75.8%)
      Manchester City
      45 (18.4%)
      Chelsea
      12 (4.9%)
      Arsenal
      2 (0.8%)

Total Members Voted: 240

The 'Run In'

Read 104539 times
      nikos
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 637 posts | 123 
      Re: The 'Run In'
      Reply #1127: May 08, 2014 09:00:38 am
          Impresively rocking etihad last night!!! Apart from footballers have they leased fans as well? ( must have cost them a litle extra cause of the sporadic downpour though)

The neutral TV viewers don't even know the colour of the Anfield seats.LFC are a football club with devoted fans who celebrate trophies earned not shopped.Let's keep that in mind whatever  taste this season leaves us. If it's not what we all wish for, only when its sense eases off will we be able to let the size of this season's success sink in.

All i know is next season LFC will be even greater a club than the previous one.
      « Last Edit: May 08, 2014 02:31:43 pm by nikos »
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #1128: May 08, 2014 09:29:50 am
      Nothing to do with whether they deserve it or not. It's certain pundits (yes I mean you Carra) saying what a great job pellegrini haa done. Is that some sort of joke? He has at his mercy the most expensive sports team ever assembled and the PL title has gone to the final day to determine its destination!

As for the city fans, yeah rejoice in your vastly operpaid heroes while you can.  But just remember you've been pushed all the wayby a squad of 17 assembled at a cost of less than your 4 strikers.  Then watch me take the almighty piss when the full force of FFP hits so hard that your superstars leave for greener pastures.  F**k I'll enjoy that!

No it's not bitterness, just can't handle the fact that a sh*te club like city, a club with very little in the way of an illustrious past, now think they're the dogs bollox! YOU'RE JUST A SMALL CLUB WITH MONEY!!

You're not even the biggest club in Manchester ;D!!
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #1129: May 08, 2014 09:44:14 am
      Come Sunday 5pm which ever team is top of the league has deserved to win it. End of.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #1130: May 08, 2014 10:02:46 am
          Impresively rocking etihad last night!!! Apart from footballers have they leased fans as well? ( must have cost them a litle extra cause of the sporadic dowpour though)

The neutral TV viewers don't even know the colour of the Anfield seats.LFC are a football club with devoted fans who celebrate trophies earned not shopped.Let's keep that in mind whatever the taste this season leaves us. If it's not what we all wish for only when its sense eases off will we be able to let the size of this season's success sink in.

All i know is next season LFC will be even greater a club than the previous one.

Let's hope the funding will be in place to make sure LFC can build on the success of this season mate, if that doesn't happen the manager and the team's efforts will be entirely wasted.

Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #1131: May 08, 2014 10:25:46 am
      Staggering stat from the BBC twitter feed :-

Days on top of @premierleague 2013/2014 so far
      Arsenal - 128
      Chelsea - 64
      Liverpool - 59
      Man City - 11
      Man Utd - 2

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,885 posts | 6817 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1132: May 08, 2014 10:42:43 am
      Staggering stat from the BBC twitter feed :-

Days on top of @premierleague 2013/2014 so far
      Arsenal - 128
      Chelsea - 64
      Liverpool - 59
      Man City - 11
      Man Utd - 2

That is staggering. I could have sworn we were on top longer than that especially the months leading up to Chrimbo.
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #1133: May 08, 2014 11:00:01 am
      That is staggering. I could have sworn we were on top longer than that especially the months leading up to Chrimbo.

For me - its city being top only 11 days - and some of that has been this week

As I've said, just have this nagging feeling - or is it hope / wishful thinking - that West Ham will win on Sunday
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #1134: May 08, 2014 11:02:35 am
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,693 posts | 7160 
      Reply #1135: May 08, 2014 11:55:41 am
      For me - its city being top only 11 days - and some of that has been this week

As I've said, just have this nagging feeling - or is it hope / wishful thinking - that West Ham will win on Sunday

why shouldn't they win its all Cities to lose now whilst we have nothing to lose its not over yet.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1136: May 08, 2014 11:55:50 am
      There's one sliver of consolation

Mourhino wins sod all now that City just beat Villa

Is right.

Come Sunday 5pm which ever team is top of the league has deserved to win it. End of.

Or PAID for it.

£50,000,000 UEFA Fair Play Fine is going to bite their arse somewhat.
      For them .... who cares ..... just pay UEFA off.

Money talks .......... no ............ it shouts and thats it.

One consolation: This has pissed off the Scum big time. Nightmare for them with City and Us in the top two.
      Thats real pain.

Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #1137: May 08, 2014 12:04:04 pm
      Imagine being a united fan now... team in 7th, out of europe, mountain of debt, no manager, having to cheer on the noisy neighbours on just to spite your bitter rivals ... with the chance that the neighbours may lose the battle of the ponytails to let the rivals win the league

Almost feel sorry for the scum....

nah, dont feel sorry for them one iota

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1138: May 08, 2014 12:43:00 pm
      I'm just happy that those chav w@nkers Chelski can't win it now. I'd love an upset on the last day and lets not forget that Citeh nearly threw it away to QPR 2 seasons ago. It can happen but I've already resigned myself to the fact that we ran Citeh damned close and that we've had a brilliant season with the promise of many more to come.
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #1139: May 08, 2014 12:50:46 pm
      I'm the biggest optimist going when it comes to our club, but City just have too much going forward and I think MG is too experienced in this and will go for the win from the off..

Kill the game, get 2 very quickly.

It's been an incredible season, but some things just aren't meant to be.  We'll come back stronger
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #1140: May 08, 2014 12:59:57 pm
      I don't know about you lot, but I can't wait for this to be over and the World Cup to start.

The idea of watching football void of any emotion is blissful
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,362 posts | 2877 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1141: May 08, 2014 01:06:26 pm
      While Id be stunned by a city cock up I just cant give it up yet, its technically still on so I cant give in

Last day of the seaon ALWAYS throws up a big result. Lets break it down

No pressure on us now. All the pressure is on city not to lose. We can relax and enjoy our game. What mindset do City go with? West ham can relax and play football. Maybe a few players might want to go for it full on for certain reasons! Maybe city will make a nervous mistake or 2 which can be capitalised on.

If that does happen can you imagine the tension in there ground? 

Then theres just the simple karma effect. They won one last day last minute, we lost one last day last minute, maybe thatll reverse this Sunday! (a title that is)

Yes City could go mad and score 3 in 20 minutes, yes we could go mad and not beat Newcastle. Anything is possibile on the last day.

BUT WE ARE NOT DONE YET! 90 minutes left a lot can happen. As I said in another post last night who can say that city wont be reduced to 10 men early on and crumble. Ive a whole thread on how its a funny old game

Lets stay positive until both whistlesare blwon on Sunday
      « Last Edit: May 08, 2014 01:18:18 pm by Brian78 »
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,693 posts | 7160 
      Reply #1142: May 08, 2014 01:15:30 pm
      All I want for sunday is for us to bow out with a fantastic performance and lots of goals after that it is out of our hands. If we finish second I refuse to be downbeat because to come from 7th to 2nd is fantastic. Anfield has come alive again and the dark days of 2007-2009 and then Kenny's sacking are just confined to history.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #1143: May 08, 2014 01:16:12 pm
      Liverpool 14 - 0 Newcastle United.  ;)
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,362 posts | 2877 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1144: May 08, 2014 01:25:14 pm
      I keep hearing its not over till the fat lady sings and now shes warmingup on the side of the stage.........

Well what if the fat lady is fat sam in drag!!
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1145: May 08, 2014 02:41:05 pm
      I keep hearing its not over till the fat lady sings and now shes warmingup on the side of the stage.........

Can anyone can photoshop that ?
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #1146: May 08, 2014 02:49:06 pm

I've just been a little bit sick in my mouth at that thought...
      Monobrow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,425 posts | 27 
      Reply #1147: May 08, 2014 02:51:37 pm
      Carroll on Twitter retweeted Terry McDermott who said he'd buy him a pint on Sunday if he did the business against city. Sounds like he's up for it. Him and Nolan are going to do it for us I can just feel it.

Honestly think we could have had a lot worse team facing city on Sunday. Think they've got as much chance as anyone to get a result.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,427 posts | 6420 
      Reply #1148: May 08, 2014 03:04:29 pm
      Carroll on Twitter retweeted Terry McDermott who said he'd buy him a pint on Sunday if he did the business against city. Sounds like he's up for it. Him and Nolan are going to do it for us I can just feel it.

Honestly think we could have had a lot worse team facing city on Sunday. Think they've got as much chance as anyone to get a result.

They put it on Tottenham. I agree with you, West Ham probably the last team City would want to face outside the top 4.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,494 posts | 2868 
      Reply #1149: May 08, 2014 03:06:26 pm

Agree that Carroll and Nolan will be bang up for it with both having strong Liverpool links, just have to hope the rest of them are.

Quick Reply