Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match v Cardiff away

Simon Mignolet
      0 (0%)
      Glen Johnson
      11 (5.7%)
      Jon Flanagan
      3 (1.6%)
      Martin Skrtel
      27 (14%)
      Daniel Agger
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      4 (2.1%)
      Joe Allen
      0 (0%)
      Steven Gerrard
      0 (0%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      2 (1%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      16 (8.3%)
      Luis Suarez
      129 (66.8%)
      Raheem Sterling
      0 (0%)
      Aly Cissokho
      1 (0.5%)

Total Members Voted: 191

Voting closed: Mar 26, 2014 06:52:56 pm

Cardiff City 3-6 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Hurrah's!

Read 27794 times
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,517 posts | 1508 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Re: Cardiff City 3-6 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Hurrah's!
      Reply #575: Mar 22, 2014 09:59:55 pm
      I thought Skrtel was MOTM meself .
      Agreed
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #576: Mar 22, 2014 10:00:40 pm
      just enjoyed the game on Sky.
      I just love all the angles these lads make it must be an utter nightmare to mark our front players.
      Keep it up and we can have a very special season.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #577: Mar 22, 2014 10:10:51 pm

Why did Sterling have his hands on his head when suarez scored the 6th goal fair enough he ran from the halfway line but its not like he missed.

Amazement coupled with a sense of disappointment that Luis does what he does - genius needs no help. 
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #578: Mar 22, 2014 10:14:15 pm
      Brilliant to come from behind Twice goes to show our fighting spirit is High, Sunderland & Spurs next bring em on ;)

Russel Brand on motd tonight? Should be a laugh :D,

The back heel was class, loved it the moment I saw it.

Watching it in slow motion you really get to appreciate Luis' movement too though and a surprise bonus..

The Henderson skip! :D
      HeighwayToHeaven
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #579: Mar 22, 2014 10:16:28 pm
      I thought Skrtel was MOTM meself .

He got my vote too.
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #580: Mar 22, 2014 10:17:54 pm
      The back heel was class, loved it the moment I saw it.

Watching it in slow motion you really get to appreciate Luis' movement too though and a surprise bonus..

The Henderson skip! :D

:laugh: I hadn't noticed until I read that.
      Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #581: Mar 22, 2014 10:18:07 pm
      just enjoyed the game on Sky.
      I just love all the angles these lads make it must be an utter nightmare to mark our front players.
      Keep it up and we can have a very special season.

Agree completely mate, and it's not just the angles they give each other, it's the speed at which they do it and the tempo that they pass it at. It's pretty exhilarating to watch. Very very impressive going forwards. I think we're always gonna concede a few because I we live right n the edge of the sword but the attacking play has been N absolute joy to watch. If we're not every neutrals favourite for the title then there is something wrong.

As for the game today, I actually voted for Danny Sturridge for the mom, I thought he was superb, his movement, control and link up play was a joy to watch and it was a real team performance from him. Bizarrely enough, take out the goals and Luis actually had a mixed game yanno. I also thought the travelling Kop were superb today, listening to them sing 'we're gonna win the league' brought back memories of Fulham in 2009 which was a the best away day I've ever been on and that sng was sung for a full 35 mins after the game had finished!

mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #582: Mar 22, 2014 10:20:46 pm

It was a toss up between him and Suarez, Suarez just nudged it for me ever so slightly. Feel sorry for Skrtel today though, worked his arse off and chipped in with a couple of goals. If his partner had bothered to turn up then it may have been a different story. Sakho in for Agger sooner rather than later.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #583: Mar 22, 2014 10:35:13 pm
      Why did Sterling have his hands on his head when suarez scored the 6th goal fair enough he ran from the halfway line but its not like he missed.

With Easter coming up, he needed the 'goal bonus' money to buy chocolate eggs for the fictional brood he has allegedly procreated in recent times.  :)
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #584: Mar 22, 2014 11:12:56 pm
      I'm missing this game but am willing to say now we will win this despite the bad start.

Keep the faith lads.

Told you.

Still haven't seen any of the game but yet again we seem to have shown that resilience and determination that has grown this season.

Delighted tonight.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #585: Mar 22, 2014 11:15:42 pm
      Wonderful game of football. We're showing no sign of letting up aren't we.

With regards to Cardiff, they are a worse side than they were when Malky Mackay managed them. Solksjaer is out of his depth in comparison. Could have scored 7 or 8 if we really wanted to.
      « Last Edit: Mar 22, 2014 11:42:53 pm by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #586: Mar 23, 2014 12:00:10 am
      Brilliant to come from behind Twice goes to show our fighting spirit is High, Sunderland & Spurs next bring em on ;)

Russel Brand on motd tonight? Should be a laugh :D,

Hendo! :lmao:
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,265 posts | 2827 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #587: Mar 23, 2014 12:43:03 am
      First May I say I don't think Ive ever come a cross as big a whinging shower of c**ts as Cardiff from there fans to there manager

Now to the game. To concede 3 goals you would think we were a disaster but I thought it was individual errors more then defensive frailty that gave the goals away. We will be told that our leaking of goals will stop us winning the league, I don't believe it at all.

Thought Flannagan  was poor but for a young lad who had been fantastic this season and off the back of a great game at Old Trafford we can allow him a slump. Johnson though looks back to his oldself and Skrtel, Jesus when did we last have a centre half score that many league goals?

Where are we at with Stevies yellows? Id strongly consider resting him midweek for the reason of the yellow cards and just to give the legs a rest

What do you say about the front 2 that hasn't been already said? Unstoppable we need to keep them fit for the 8 games to go

Great win today would have been a game we'd have fooked away last year, bit of Steele there now and most importantly belief, the lads trust each other trust themselves and trust there boss   
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #588: Mar 23, 2014 12:47:06 am
      First May I say I don't think Ive ever come a cross as big a whinging shower of c**ts as Cardiff from there fans to there manager

Now to the game. To concede 3 goals you would think we were a disaster but I thought it was individual errors more then defensive frailty that gave the goals away. We will be told that our leaking of goals will stop us winning the league, I don't believe it at all.

Thought Flannagan  was poor but for a young lad who had been fantastic this season and off the back of a great game at Old Trafford we can allow him a slump. Johnson though looks back to his oldself and Skrtel, Jesus when did we last have a centre half score that many league goals?

Where are we at with Stevies yellows? Id strongly consider resting him midweek for the reason of the yellow cards and just to give the legs a rest

What do you say about the front 2 that hasn't been already said? Unstoppable we need to keep them fit for the 8 games to go

Great win today would have been a game we'd have fooked away last year, bit of Steele there now and most importantly belief, the lads trust each other trust themselves and trust there boss   

From what I read Brian, if Stevie can't go without a yellow in the next 3 games he gets a 2 game ban.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,265 posts | 2827 
      Reply #589: Mar 23, 2014 12:48:57 am
      From what I read Brian, if Stevie can't go without a yellow in the next 3 games he gets a 2 game ban.

So if that was to happen that would then be Chelsea he'd miss as 1 of the 2 games?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #590: Mar 23, 2014 12:57:31 am
      So if that was to happen that would then be Chelsea he'd miss as 1 of the 2 games?
      Depends on when he got it.
      Don't think he could miss Chelsea but he could miss the City game.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #591: Mar 23, 2014 01:01:07 am
      Cardiff manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer:
      "We had them exactly where we wanted.
      (Match report http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26590177 )

More to the quote, but come on, if you have just been beaten 6-3 at home that is not what you should be saying, is it?

In fairness they were the better side in the first half. I said at the time that the Diamond formation wasn't working and our midfield was being overrun. We upped our game in the second half and it lead for a win but within the context of the quote, he does have a point to a degree.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,265 posts | 2827 
      Reply #592: Mar 23, 2014 01:01:10 am
      Depends on when he got it.
      Don't think he could miss Chelsea but he could miss the City game.

We need him for both mate. Fresh head needed to study this tomorrow to work out the possible permutations!
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #593: Mar 23, 2014 01:54:26 am
       :scarf:

Great win that! Much harder than the game at old toilet the week before - especially the first half which had me going through the emotions.

But our dominance proved too much by the second half and what a team we are going forward.

Special mentions to Skertel who has been our best defender over the course of the season, now chipping in with the goals as well as being solid at the back. Glen Johnson, who had an excellent game - perhaps went to sleep on their third goal but he was superb going forward and positioned himself well at the back. And special mentions to SAS who were on fire again!

Great team performance with as much gut and character to go with it, shame Arsenal don't have that kind of bottle but that's what you expect from them this time of year.

On we go...
      « Last Edit: Mar 23, 2014 03:53:21 am by Beerbelly »
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #594: Mar 23, 2014 02:40:16 am
      It was a toss up between him and Suarez, Suarez just nudged it for me ever so slightly. Feel sorry for Skrtel today though, worked his arse off and chipped in with a couple of goals. If his partner had bothered to turn up then it may have been a different story. Sakho in for Agger sooner rather than later.

I agree, Agger is our weak link at the moment, love the guy and all that but... nope I wanted Sakho to be ready for today's game, hope he's ready to start all the rest.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #595: Mar 23, 2014 04:00:51 am
      Surprised only six votes for Johnson.

He got mine. Was outstanding all over the pitch.

Watching the replay, that first half was dire and Allen was very lucky to survive 90 minutes.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #596: Mar 23, 2014 04:43:32 am
      Liverpool have grew some metaphorical Cojones. First half an hour I was like; what the hell!
      I knew we'd get in our stride, I didn't expect we'd go from playing so sloppy to lethal fluid paced football in the one game.
      I keep on being surprised by our coaches/manager and players.
      Our games are the most exciting to watch.
      In Europe.
      To the cost of putting us fans through a roller coaster of emotions nearly every game.
      We are lucky to be watching this team play like they are; this soon in our managers stint with us.

brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #597: Mar 23, 2014 07:38:45 am
      Ole Gunnar is a tw*t and if it wasn't for bellers I'd want them relegated.

Quick Reply