Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match v Cardiff away

Simon Mignolet
      0 (0%)
      Glen Johnson
      11 (5.7%)
      Jon Flanagan
      3 (1.6%)
      Martin Skrtel
      27 (14%)
      Daniel Agger
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      4 (2.1%)
      Joe Allen
      0 (0%)
      Steven Gerrard
      0 (0%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      2 (1%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      16 (8.3%)
      Luis Suarez
      129 (66.8%)
      Raheem Sterling
      0 (0%)
      Aly Cissokho
      1 (0.5%)

Total Members Voted: 191

Voting closed: Mar 26, 2014 06:52:56 pm

Cardiff City 3-6 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Hurrah's!

Read 27793 times
      Barnes10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,631 posts | 88 
      Re: Cardiff City 3-6 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Hurrah's!
      Reply #598: Mar 23, 2014 07:45:28 am
      Thought we were going to blow it the way we started the game, but there's such confidence in the side that they can score goals, they never get flustered. Flanno was awful, and if he wants to become a regular left back in the team he can't be excellent one week and rubbish the next.  In smaller games his positional awareness seems to be caught out. Allen also started the game very poorly but improved as it went on. But Allen is still a player whose position we could undoubtedly improve on in the summer.

An excellent 3 points in the end, which is all it's about at this stage. The defenders look like the ones who might blow it on us, but if we take each game as it comes we might still pull off the greatest shock in Premier League history.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #599: Mar 23, 2014 07:56:22 am
      I have just finished watching the full match and while happy with the end result I was not happy with our ball retention in the first half. We gave the ball away far too easy and treated the match too casually. As I mentioned in an earlier post we got the 3 points and that's all that matters.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #600: Mar 23, 2014 08:27:40 am
      I have just finished watching the full match and while happy with the end result I was not happy with our ball retention in the first half. We gave the ball away far too easy and treated the match too casually. As I mentioned in an earlier post we got the 3 points and that's all that matters.

Got to give Cardiff credit for not allowing us time to settle, they were really up for it. But even though we were 2-1 down, I still had the feeling we would be to strong for them in the end.

Just an observation, but for a Brazilian, Countinho is poor at shooting :f_doh:! Best stick to the amazing passes, or try passing the ball into the corner of the net  :)
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #601: Mar 23, 2014 08:35:27 am
      I have to give the motm to Skrtel, he has scored 2 goals and started our revival, a real goal poacher. Only a few players played below par but overall very happy with the results. I don't mind having such a score for the remaining matches. One game out of the way let's concentrate on the next game.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #602: Mar 23, 2014 10:09:59 am
      POETRY
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #603: Mar 23, 2014 10:17:34 am

Nice on Rodders. You should work for Catchphrase.
      BKLFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 822 posts |
      Reply #604: Mar 23, 2014 02:07:47 pm
      Was in a really sad mood ahead of this game with D&C scheduled for my wife the next morning for her missed abortion. :(
      She was settling in getting ready for bed, she reminded me to drink my milk and boom Cardiff scores. I was like why you speaking, look what happened. She got cheesed off as if she was the reason we conceded and mumbled on that we would win the game cos Cardiff were starting so fast that they would get knackered and went to sleep.
      There I was watching our team get beat in the 1st half and full of anxiety that we may not go on the win the match and my wife had the game sussed out already.
      Her football iq must have increased hearing the TV when the games are on and mentally getting educated in football while she sleeps.
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #605: Mar 23, 2014 02:24:14 pm
      OGS at the end of the Sly sports interview when asked about liverpool's title credentials... answer 'Couldnt care less' and walked away

Bit like my view on whether I want cardiff to survive in the premiership
      manwithnoname
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 31 
      Reply #606: Mar 23, 2014 02:38:33 pm
      OGS at the end of the Sly sports interview when asked about liverpool's title credentials... answer 'Couldnt care less' and walked away

Bit like my view on whether I want cardiff to survive in the premiership

I thought his response was very good. Why should he give a F**k? In fact I wish some of them would be more honest.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,517 posts | 1508 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #607: Mar 23, 2014 02:44:51 pm
      Was in a really sad mood ahead of this game with D&C scheduled for my wife the next morning for her missed abortion. :(
      She was settling in getting ready for bed, she reminded me to drink my milk and boom Cardiff scores. I was like why you speaking, look what happened. She got cheesed off as if she was the reason we conceded and mumbled on that we would win the game cos Cardiff were starting so fast that they would get knackered and went to sleep.
      There I was watching our team get beat in the 1st half and full of anxiety that we may not go on the win the match and my wife had the game sussed out already.
      Her football iq must have increased hearing the TV when the games are on and mentally getting educated in football while she sleeps.
      Best of luck to you BKLFC
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,455 posts | 4584 
      Reply #608: Mar 23, 2014 02:47:28 pm
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,974 posts | 3058 
      Reply #609: Mar 23, 2014 02:52:28 pm

My thoughts were more "Who gives a f#ck?"...when the journo asked him.
      manwithnoname
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 31 
      Reply #610: Mar 23, 2014 02:53:11 pm

Why is that bitter? If I was him I'd have said 'I'd prefer anyone but Liverpool to win it'

He played for United for years. I think his response was spot on. He's Cardiff manager, why should he give a F**k about Liverpool
      manwithnoname
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 31 
      Reply #611: Mar 23, 2014 02:54:25 pm
      My thoughts were more "Who gives a f#ck?"...when the journo asked him.

Well quite. What difference does the opinion of an ex- Manc make? Not interested
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #612: Mar 23, 2014 03:03:31 pm
      Why is that bitter? If I was him I'd have said 'I'd prefer anyone but Liverpool to win it'

He played for United for years. I think his response was spot on. He's Cardiff manager, why should he give a F**k about Liverpool

He is a "bitter c**t" as the most eloquent  Shabs has put it, because on the 21st of March, he believed that Liverpool could win the League.

He also felt they Cardiff could get something from the game.

Since he, and Cardiff were well and truly beaten, he has changed his tune, and thrown his dummy out. Fact.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26685177
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #613: Mar 23, 2014 03:20:48 pm
      He is a "bitter c**t" as the most eloquent  Shabs has put it, because on the 21st of March, he believed that Liverpool could win the League.

He also felt they Cardiff could get something from the game.

Since he, and Cardiff were well and truly beaten, he has changed his tune, and thrown his dummy out. Fact.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26685177

No class - none.
      Acquired as a result of many years of coaching by the classless old c**t himself.
      AJ-LFC
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 60 posts |
      Reply #614: Mar 23, 2014 05:21:09 pm
      I reckon this lot are to blame for Ole's after match reaction... :)

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LN_bx28ll_c
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #615: Mar 23, 2014 07:07:39 pm
      http://youtu.be/VC41Y-zsXU8

Classless Manc c**t ( Excuse me ladies)

Same as Bruce. Hes another one.

The tide has turned . The Mancs are dead and so are your team.   DOWN you go and take your Malaysian prat with you.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #616: Mar 23, 2014 08:20:14 pm
      Great Result..
      More confidence all round.
      I just knew we were gonna win even when they were 2-1 up..
      I love the way we just keep attacking..
      Sturridges back heel was class.. he knew exactly where that was going too.. like wise with Suarez's perfectly weighted cross on to Danny's foot for his goal.. proper instinctive strikers they both are !!

My only genuine concern is Gerrards mounting collection of Yellow cards.. he's a real important part of that diamond formation, a role Joe Allen, Henderson or an unfit Lucas would not be capable of doing right now.. it would mess the balance up in my opinion.His new lynch pin role is so crucial to our game plan.

« Last Edit: Mar 23, 2014 09:48:06 pm by 6stringer »
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #617: Mar 23, 2014 08:48:04 pm
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #618: Mar 23, 2014 08:54:36 pm
      http://youtu.be/VC41Y-zsXU8

Classless Manc c**t ( Excuse me ladies)

Same as Bruce. Hes another one.

The tide has turned . The Mancs are dead and so are your team.   DOWN you go and take your Malaysian prat with you.

Thomo's face! :lmao:
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #619: Mar 23, 2014 09:51:54 pm
      I was worried when I saw them line up with a 5-4-1 and then they went a goal ahead, out of nothing really. I honestly thought it was going to be one of those days the moment we were able to hold on to a little bit of posession and string a few passes together we were back level. Second half much more fluid and convincing attacking performance from all the lads, Flanno had a stinker as did Allen they kept on coming down our left non-stop.

Overall glad we hammered that bitter ex Manc pr**k no integrity about that guy what so ever in taking that job in the first place hope he goes down and never gets a PL gig again. No doubt he would have been drooling in the old alko's ear on advice how to stop us and kill of our title challange and the best they could come up with was to try and park the bus.

Six reasons why it didn't work.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #620: Mar 24, 2014 03:47:33 am
      Quote from Shabs
      What a bitter c**t the ex Manc is, supposed his team did get chinned 3-6 :D

Before he became infested in the sewer, he was a Liverpool fan.

It's hard to complain after scoring 6 goals away from home, but I don't think it was a great performance for the first hour. Only at 4-2, did we start playing well. The goals were well set up and taken. The first one was a master class in how to open up a mass defence with 10 men behind the ball.

Do I want Cardiff to stay up? Probably not, while they're wearing red shirts. It's just bizarre what's going on down there. In saying that, if they need 3 points to stop Chelsea winning the league against us on the last day, I'll be happy for them to do so.

Quick Reply