Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match v Cardiff away

Simon Mignolet
      0 (0%)
      Glen Johnson
      11 (5.7%)
      Jon Flanagan
      3 (1.6%)
      Martin Skrtel
      27 (14%)
      Daniel Agger
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      4 (2.1%)
      Joe Allen
      0 (0%)
      Steven Gerrard
      0 (0%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      2 (1%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      16 (8.3%)
      Luis Suarez
      129 (66.8%)
      Raheem Sterling
      0 (0%)
      Aly Cissokho
      1 (0.5%)

Total Members Voted: 191

Voting closed: Mar 26, 2014 06:52:56 pm

Cardiff City 3-6 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Hurrah's!

Read 27796 times
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Re: Cardiff City 3-6 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Hurrah's!
      Reply #621: Mar 24, 2014 10:34:45 am
      He is a "bitter c**t" as the most eloquent  Shabs has put it, because on the 21st of March, he believed that Liverpool could win the League.

He also felt they Cardiff could get something from the game.

Since he, and Cardiff were well and truly beaten, he has changed his tune, and thrown his dummy out. Fact.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26685177

No wonder the fvcking sherbet's team lost - he hasn't a clue how we play, counter attacking team with one long ball over the top!?!  :lmao:

Manc tw@t!
      andymac7565
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,088 posts | 23 
      Reply #622: Mar 24, 2014 11:22:54 am
      Not really into this slagging off Solskjaer he seems like a decent enough bloke to me.
      The fact he played for Utd doesn't bother me in the slightest so what?

So long as he's not taking points off Liverpool he'll be alright in my book.

At the end of the day it's not his fault his new boss got rid of Malky Mackay if you
      actually look at Mackay's record in the Prem you can well understand his reason's.

Fact is he's gonna need a minor miracle to keep them up & Solskjaer knows it better than anyone.
      BKLFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 822 posts |
      Reply #623: Mar 24, 2014 12:17:57 pm
      My man of the match went to Luis Suarez for legally injuring 2 opponents, sending them for medical attention while we help ourselves to a goal. Brilliant.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #624: Mar 24, 2014 01:04:11 pm
      For a man that doesn't care about our title chances he sure got hot under the collar if he doesn't care then why walk off in such a strop. Bitter old Manc tw*t!
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,922 posts | 964 
      Reply #625: Mar 24, 2014 01:42:50 pm
      Great result that keeps the dream alive!!  We will need to be damn near perfect through the end of the season in order to lift the title, but with a player like Suarez you have to believe that we can beat anyone!!  That play where he was surrounded by two (or maybe even 3) Cardiff defenders, was keeping himself up with his hands, and absolutely refused to give up on trying to get something from the play.  I can't remember what happened from the play, but the fight and drive he showed will always live in my mind :)
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #626: Mar 24, 2014 07:54:33 pm
      Bloody brilliant stuff.

Gotta be honest, I've NEVER felt this sense of calm that we'll just inevitably score. Even under Rafa that year in 08/09 when we were a damn good side, we weren't this inventive. It was all through Stevie and Nando at that time, predominantly. And though we had other contributors - and I had plenty of confidence in the side - I never had this level of it. Hard to explain, but there's a sense of "You score 1, we'll score 4" swagger about the team that just has me brimming with confidence.

When we went one down early I was like meh, our D has been shaky at times. Attack has bailed us out. It'll happen. Same when we were 2-1 down. Just knew there was plenty of time to go on and win still, and by hell - we won GOOD.

And it's not to say I enjoy giving up goals, but at the same time... I'm not at all bothered these days either. It certainly needs to be addressed in the off-season, as Champions League needs that level, as well as a good run at a truly dominant title campaign - but for this season? It's been a breath of fresh air, an adventure, a pure roller coaster ride. Except a roller coaster that rarely drops down!

This, like MANY wins this season (F**k it feels boss to say that again) was just F***ing fun. Scoring at a pace we haven't in my lifetime, inventiveness that boggles the mind (DAT BACKHEEL!), team cohesion that is just pleasing for a team football fan... it's just all there. This team is FUN. It's successful, and it's fun to watch. That's Liverpool football. That's what I've always heard about our teams in the 70s and 80s, and just hoped to see again. And I feel like I'm finally getting that fun feeling of watching a team that just rips apart the technical rulebook and finds it's own way - the Liverpool way - of playing footy, and by hell am I loving every minute. This game was just another chapter in what has been an incredibly pleasing season in many aspects. Long may this continue.

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,779 posts | 6726 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #627: Mar 25, 2014 08:04:49 am
      Great post BigV...was coming in here to say the same...they can score their 1 goal, we'll hammer 3 past them. I'm confident we can score against anyone, anytime.

I said at Half time all we need to do is control the ball more and we'll do this. For large chunks of the 2nd half, we kept the ball brilliantly and that coincided with us doing the damage on the scoreboard.

TheSturridgeShake
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 61 posts | 20 
      • JFT96 <3
      Reply #628: Mar 25, 2014 09:40:13 am
      Some nonsense in here.

1) Malky's record was terrible towards the end of his time at Cardiff - they were going down irrespective of the change

2) They at least turned up to play rather than sit back like a Stoke - for that they deserve credit

3) Solskjaer has them playing better football and that was evident - if you think the sit back and soak it up tactic is going to work against a Liverpool side bang in form with the best and most in sync strike force in the division you are deluded

4) If they go down and keep playing that way and their core stays they'll bounce back up with ease because Championship teams will get cut open by them but most wont have the same cutting edge going forward to break them down

I find it laughable really that they're being slated when Solskjaer has taken a defensive minded team and is going through a transitional period to a point where he wants them to pass and play football. No different to what Kenny tried doing and Rodgers has done at Liverpool. Change doesn't happen overnight. The more sides that try to play this expansive football the better. I am fed up of the likes of Stoke and their brick wall mentality. They're killing the game. Ideally I'd love Fulham, West Ham and Stoke to go down over the next few seasons and the likes of the Brighton's, Reading's, etc. to go up.

manwithnoname
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 31 
      Reply #629: Mar 25, 2014 11:31:09 am
      Some nonsense in here.

1) Malky's record was terrible towards the end of his time at Cardiff - they were going down irrespective of the change

2) They at least turned up to play rather than sit back like a Stoke - for that they deserve credit

3) Solskjaer has them playing better football and that was evident - if you think the sit back and soak it up tactic is going to work against a Liverpool side bang in form with the best and most in sync strike force in the division you are deluded

4) If they go down and keep playing that way and their core stays they'll bounce back up with ease because Championship teams will get cut open by them but most wont have the same cutting edge going forward to break them down

I find it laughable really that they're being slated when Solskjaer has taken a defensive minded team and is going through a transitional period to a point where he wants them to pass and play football. No different to what Kenny tried doing and Rodgers has done at Liverpool. Change doesn't happen overnight. The more sides that try to play this expansive football the better. I am fed up of the likes of Stoke and their brick wall mentality. They're killing the game. Ideally I'd love Fulham, West Ham and Stoke to go down over the next few seasons and the likes of the Brighton's, Reading's, etc. to go up.

Fulham have conceded 70 goals. They're hardly a defensive team. And we always batter them. Why would you want them to go down?

As for the rest of your post, how on Earth do you expect teams with 1/100th of the budget of City and Chelsea, or 1/50th of the budget of Liverpool, to compete with us playing open, expansive football? Keeping clean sheets is often the only way to survive.

Look at Swansea. Everyone quacking on about their style of play, and now they're in total freefall. All the teams that are promoted playing "nice" football soon find that it may well work for the first season - but often doesn't - however sustained success (ie staying in the Premiership) almost always requires an equally pragmatic view to minimising goals conceded.

Football cannot, and should not, be all about aesthetically pleasing teams playing lovely, passing football and delighting eachother with how pleasant their style is, because that means that the team with the most money and best players will ALWAYS win, as opposed to just almost always.

I love it when smaller teams knock the likes of Arsenal on theie arses with their nasty, brutish physicality.

We may not like how Pulis or Allardyce or whoever play football, but there's a reason why he's managed in the Premiership so long.
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #630: Mar 25, 2014 11:40:16 am
      Some nonsense in here.

Weren't you Purplesnow on here at one stage or maybe I'm wrong .

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #631: Mar 25, 2014 12:03:35 pm
      Not really into this slagging off Solskjaer he seems like a decent enough bloke to me.
      The fact he played for Utd doesn't bother me in the slightest so what?

So long as he's not taking points off Liverpool he'll be alright in my book.

At the end of the day it's not his fault his new boss got rid of Malky Mackay if you
      actually look at Mackay's record in the Prem you can well understand his reason's.

Fact is he's gonna need a minor miracle to keep them up & Solskjaer knows it better than anyone.

I agree with this, he is actually a really nice guy, despite being an ex-manc. He did a great job with Molde in the Norwegian league but I think keeping Cardiff up was always going to be mission impossible. I predict they'll bounce back though.
      manwithnoname
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 31 
      Reply #632: Mar 25, 2014 12:05:35 pm
      I agree with this, he is actually a really nice guy, despite being an ex-manc. He did a great job with Molde in the Norwegian league but I think keeping Cardiff up was always going to be mission impossible. I predict they'll bounce back though.

I dunno. They went up as Champions and that was a great effort, but the owner is totally bonkers and who knows what he could do following their possible relegation?

They've never "bounced back" before, as this is their first season.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #633: Mar 26, 2014 03:53:06 pm

Quick Reply