Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Your favourite LFC song/chant?

Read 15022 times
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Re: Your favourite LFC song/chant?
      Reply #46: Jun 02, 2016 01:38:33 pm
      Fields of Anfield rd, YNWA , Every other Saturday, Liverbird on my chest, scouser Tommy, are my favs but I just love to hear the Kop in full belt singing everything loud & proud , just wish that one day I can return there myself to help raise the decibels a little ,

Got any spare tickets for the Toon match anyone ?
      Please !

YNWA

Where do you live now Billy?

I gather from your posts you have seen us play for a long time!
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #47: Jun 02, 2016 02:33:26 pm
      Where do you live now Billy?

I gather from your posts you have seen us play for a long time!

I'm in Worcester in the West Midlands mate, used to frequent Anfield way back in the 80's thru to the mid 90's, back then of course the Kop was in full sway, you could buy tickets on the day and I'm sure you could still pay at the gate too, I certainly bunged the odd tenner now and again, initially I didn't know words to songs but soon learned, today it's too easy all you do now is Google .

YNWA
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #48: Jun 02, 2016 02:45:47 pm
      When it gets going and sung at a proper pace - Poor Scouser Tommy.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #49: Jun 02, 2016 02:55:55 pm

I'm in Worcester in the West Midlands mate, used to frequent Anfield way back in the 80's thru to the mid 90's, back then of course the Kop was in full sway, you could buy tickets on the day and I'm sure you could still pay at the gate too, I certainly bunged the odd tenner now and again, initially I didn't know words to songs but soon learned, today it's too easy all you do now is Google .

YNWA

Yep you could I remember paying £3.50 im sure of it mid 80s to go on the Kop and away games as well you could pay on the gate, great times, there are supporters clubs in your area that take coaches to all the games if you get the itch still.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #50: Jun 02, 2016 03:17:38 pm
      Yep you could I remember paying £3.50 im sure of it mid 80s to go on the Kop and away games as well you could pay on the gate, great times, there are supporters clubs in your area that take coaches to all the games if you get the itch still.

Yes mate I'm as itchy as a itchycoo with a itch in the deepest recesses of my hole, I know the fella who runs the Worcester branch of the LFC Supporters club, trouble is as always money. Never seem to have enough of it, selling my body to rent boys is well gone  ;),

Seriously tho, I have thought about it and I'm certainly going to give it my all for this season coming, never know mate we could meet up in the Sandon or the Albert .

YNWA

6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #51: Jun 07, 2016 09:58:52 pm
      Remember this?

I used to love singing the "all together now" bit at the end of
      We hate Nottingham Forest
      We hate Everton too
      We hate Man Uniiiited
      but Liverpool we love
      (my bit) ;D ;D

Loved the way we used to take the piss out of opposition players for the whole of the game then after they had played sh*t would raise their arms and acknowledge the kop at the end of the game..

Love the Dalglish chant..
      MsGerrard
      Reply #52: Jun 07, 2016 10:08:35 pm
      Remember this?

I used to love singing the "all together now" bit at the end of
      We hate Nottingham Forest
      We hate Everton too
      We hate Man Uniiiited
      but Liverpool we love
      (my bit) ;D ;D

Loved the way we used to take the piss out of opposition players for the whole of the game then after they had played sh*t would raise their arms and acknowledge the kop at the end of the game..

Love the Dalglish chant..

I've got that album and on a CD too stringer  8) and we still sing 'we hate nottingham forest' love it !!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #53: Jun 09, 2016 07:49:36 am
      I was thinking about this and whilst its not a song or a chant for me during a big game after we concede a goal the noise from the crowd urging the lads forward sends a shiver down the spine.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #54: Jun 09, 2016 10:56:32 am
      Loved the Nando and Luis songs.

Always enjoyed:" Briiing on your Internazionales, bring on your Roma's by the score, Barcelona, Real Madrid, who the F**k you trying to kid? Cos it's Liverpool we adorrre"

Something like that anyway.
      friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Reply #55: Jun 09, 2016 04:36:53 pm
      "He just can't, he just can't, he just can't control his feet"
      With Hope In My Heart
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,263 posts | 182 
      Reply #56: Jun 09, 2016 05:32:31 pm

I can remember paying less than £1.50 to get my programme and stand on the Kop. Usually aimed  get there about 1:15 to be sure of getting my spec.

One not mentioned so far is the Brighton chant, a version of We Do Like To Be Beside the Seaside. The 'Brass bands play F**k off Brighton' bit appealed to the juvenile in me.

YNWA & Poor Scouser Tommy are my favourite, FOAR very close behind.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #57: Jun 09, 2016 05:42:40 pm

I can remember paying less than £1.50 to get my programme and stand on the Kop. Usually aimed  get there about 1:15 to be sure of getting my spec.

One not mentioned so far is the Brighton chant, a version of We Do Like To Be Beside the Seaside. The 'Brass bands play f**k off Brighton' bit appealed to the juvenile in me.

I think getting in early and the atmosphere building as the players came on to the pitch is what is missing today. People turning up with 5mins before kick off and expecting to be entertained
      With Hope In My Heart
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,263 posts | 182 
      Reply #58: Jun 09, 2016 08:06:27 pm
      I think getting in early and the atmosphere building as the players came on to the pitch is what is missing today. People turning up with 5mins before kick off and expecting to be entertained

Yes, that's part of it. The Kop was younger too - and usually held about double its present capacity. The times they have a changed. The 'entertainment me' attitude seems more prevalent in society, not just in Anfield.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #59: Jun 10, 2016 07:53:12 am
      When it gets going and sung at a proper pace - Poor Scouser Tommy.

This is probably my favourite too, but it is so sped up now.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #60: Jun 10, 2016 01:29:59 pm
      This is probably my favourite too, but it is so sped up now.

Every b***ard song is, singing and clapping to campione can lead to a cardiac arrest!!
      Naster
      • Forum Youth Player

• 6 posts |
      Reply #61: Jul 27, 2016 11:25:55 am
      is there anywhere on a web a site or something alike, where I can get Liverpool songs and chants in MP3?
      Hi,
      I am writing a blog with the songs/chants that I have on my collection.Everyday I'm publishing a different one.
      http://atanasganev.blogspot.bg/
      Give me a feedback,your comments and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
      Y.N.W.A.
      redclocker
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 42 posts |
      Reply #62: Jul 27, 2016 08:18:13 pm
      Hi,
      I am writing a blog with the songs/chants that I have on my collection.Everyday I'm publishing a different one.
      http://atanasganev.blogspot.bg/
      Give me a feedback,your comments and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
      Y.N.W.A.

excellent stuff mate
      Naster
      • Forum Youth Player

• 6 posts |
      Reply #63: Aug 07, 2016 11:44:39 am
      Thanks!
      I've got nearly 100 more, but apart of them there are 20 chants, that I can't quietly get the lyrics. Can someone help with them?
      I can upload them in soundcloud if someone is up for the lyrics writing :)
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #64: Apr 25, 2020 04:23:27 pm
      Don't shoot, :couch: but i read Gerry Marsden is re-recording YNWA again! For the thursday night thing.We got Major Tom and Ball at number 1 with their version,and ya can't move across the internet without finding some version,so is it time to retire YNWA,I like a militant style 'walk on,walk on',but the whole song? controversial but hey till we kick a ball.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #65: Apr 25, 2020 04:32:10 pm
      Don't shoot, :couch: but i read Gerry Marsden is re-recording YNWA again! For the thursday night thing.We got Major Tom and Ball at number 1 with their version,and ya can't move across the internet without finding some version,so is it time to retire YNWA,I like a militant style 'walk on,walk on',but the whole song? controversial but hey till we kick a ball.

It's become the anthem of this crisis.

Mumford and Sons are supposed to be bringing a version out and I know Jamie Webster has done a version too.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #66: Apr 25, 2020 05:41:44 pm
      Liver bird upon my chest is one of mine , not sung as much now but I love it ,
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #67: Apr 25, 2020 07:10:53 pm
      Liver bird upon my chest is one of mine , not sung as much now but I love it ,

Definitely more a pub song before or after the game that one, with the ten million verses ;)

Sometimes the chorus will get an airing during the game.

My personal fave is still Poor Scouser Tommy, used to love blasting that out at away games.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #68: Apr 25, 2020 07:12:39 pm

One not mentioned so far is the Brighton chant, a version of We Do Like To Be Beside the Seaside. The 'Brass bands play f**k off Brighton' bit appealed to the juvenile in me.

Also used for F**k off West brom

Quick Reply