Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match vs Spurs

Simon Mignolet
      (0%)
      Glen Johnson
      (0.6%)
      Martin Skrtel
      (2.3%)
      Daniel Agger
      (0.6%)
      Jon Flanagan
      (11.7%)
      Steven Gerrard (c)
      (1.8%)
      Jordan Henderon
      (5.3%)
      Phillipe Coutinho
      (9.9%)
      Raheem Sterling
      (52%)
      Luis Suarez
      (15.8%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      (0%)
      Joe Allen (sub)
      (0%)
      Lucas Leiva (sub)
      (0%)
      Victor Moses (sub)
      (0%)

Liverpool 4 - 0 Tottenham: In Game & Post Game Celebrations

Read 33552 times
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Re: Liverpool 4 - 0 Tottenham: In Game & Post Game Celebrations
      Reply #667: Apr 01, 2014 07:49:52 am
      Hated Neville as a player but he is one of the best football pundits, the bloke knows his stuff.

At the end of that clip when he was asked about Liverpool & Citeh potential title decider, his reaction to that was funny - "it's like having a choice of two blokes hitting your wife"  :D
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #668: Apr 01, 2014 09:43:27 am
      Without taking anything away from our lads, Spurs against the top teams are pathetic this season. In relation to them not being as poor as people thought - it would depend on how bad people thought/think Spurs are and what they're capable of achieving. Personally, I see Spurs as being just as poor as I've imagined all season long.

They looked poor against us because we didn't allow them the space and time on the ball. They have something like the 2nd best away record and sitting something like 3 or 4 rungs below us before this game, so they can't be really that bad. Would we have an easier game had Adebayaor been on the pitch?

Calm down, calm down, we haven't won the league yet and let's not be carried away that we can smashed every team in front of us, Sunderland springs to mind. We must not be arrogant and be composed going into the final stage of what is going to be a tough month ahead.  We must not be over confident and too corky for our own good.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,665 posts | 3899 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #669: Apr 01, 2014 09:52:26 am
      MNF - Liverpool, Suarez & Title Race

Loved watching Carra speaking there, it seems like I find it much easier to understand him now he's a commentator, speaks a little slower ;D

But his excitement is just amazing, you can see he's one of us, he's really excited about our chances. By the way Gary Neville has surprised me a lot as a commentator, I used to hate him with all my heart when he was playing but he actually comes out as a nice fella on tv.

It's like having a choice of two blokes to nick your wife.

Brilliant
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #670: Apr 01, 2014 10:24:20 am
      Spot on fella, had 4-0 with the bookies at 20/1 didn't expect much trouble off them when I saw Adebayor was out and it proved as much. Sherwood is not exactly a tactical genius and he got completely outplayed.

City and Chelsea, as we all expect, will be a different task completely. The games we've given them away from home I'd make us favourites for each game and rightly so but neither will be a cake walk. The pressure on these inexperienced lads may prove too much in the end but it may also play in their favour, never experiencing pressure can occasionally make people immune to it the first time around and I'm hoping that is the case.

Although having said the above Raheem strikes me as someone who can take pressure in any occasion, the lad is a cocky little f**ker that I am growing to absolutely love. Flanno has always played well in the big games so there's little reason to expect that to change. Honestly the weakest link from my point of view, even though he's come in for some credit in some areas, is Joe Allen. Nothing about the lad strikes me as a big game player, he had a great spell just before christmas and one sub appearance in my book but outside that has been our weakest player, he causes me the most worry and I'm much more relaxed when he isn't in the starting XI.

I had money on 4-1 - before I knew that Adebayor would be out for certain - but was delighted to see us keeping a clean sheet. I definitely agree that we should be favourites, be interesting to see if the media make us so going into those games though. Sterling and Flanno don't strike me as being 2 players who fear anything anymore. I think Sterling was a bit cautious and weary at first but going off one of his latest interviews and his recent performances, that doesn't exist anymore. I do however wish that Sterling would have tried to put the ball in the bottom right hand corner instead of making that pass to Henderson though. In regards to Allen, I still think he's in that nervous stage. Most of the players have been in the team from start to finish and have had a decent run of games so the nerves and fear have gone but Allen is having to settle back in again after a run out of the team and injury. Hopefully if he does get a couple more games under his belt then he will settle a bit.

Calm down, calm down, we haven't won the league yet and let's not be carried away that we can smashed every team in front of us, Sunderland springs to mind. We must not be arrogant and be composed going into the final stage of what is going to be a tough month ahead.  We must not be over confident and too corky for our own good.

Not sure what that bit is all about...
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #671: Apr 03, 2014 01:02:55 pm
      Reading a report on the game on the Anfield On Line site; it begins with a description of Kaboul ''dancing around like a new born foal'' to open the scoring....best analogy I've seen for a good while.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,388 posts | 1543 
      Reply #672: Apr 04, 2014 12:30:49 am
      I've been looking through the match stats. Spurs weren't as bad as the scoreline suggests. The amount of efforts on our goal, outside or inside the area, was quite reasonable for an away side. Think we've seen considerably worse. It was the way we battled to a man from start to finish which kept them at bay, and the explosive attacking momentum we have developed, which frightened the F***ing sh*te out of them, every time we got the ball and moved into their half.
      Skrtel and Flanno were immense again at the back, as was Agger, maybe to a slightly lesser extent, and Johnson, now regained his form and belief was terrific.
      Flanno's dummy to pass inside, and then to turn away from the spuds player was just sublime. Set us up for another attack with half the spuds players behind the ball watching. Led to a goal as well.
      Spurs aren't the most consistent of sides, but they did come off a decent run of form, and a good recent result, coming back to win against southampton. They certainly came with a bit of confidence and a taste for revenge. So don't right them off as cannon fodder, that only goes to diminish what we have achieved here.
      I 'm scared to get my hopes up too high, but rather than spuds being poor, we were F***ing brilliant, in every department. The spurs players didn't just look like a beaten side, they looked totally shell shocked.

Quick Reply