Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Inquest updates

Read 70135 times
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Inquest updates
      Apr 01, 2014 12:40:33 pm

The inquest began with the names of the 96 being read out in court.

read more:
      http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/live-hillsborough-disaster-inquests---6900296
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Re: Inquest updates
      Reply #1: Apr 01, 2014 12:48:39 pm
      Impressed with the depth and wide reaching areas of enquiry.

« Last Edit: Apr 02, 2014 11:27:17 am by stuey »
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #3: Apr 02, 2014 12:36:57 pm
      The inquest has been told that statements were 'doctored' to remove any criticism of the police in the tragedy.
      The coroner also questioned the appointment of Duckenfield and asked the jury to consider if he should have been in charge.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #4: Apr 02, 2014 04:14:11 pm
      The controversial 3.15 cut off will not apply to these proceedings we are informed.

Lord Justice Goldring earlier stated the obvious which is of course procedure in such cases to exaggerate a specific alternative; he asked the jury to consider if the amending of police accounts was done to deflect criticism or cast blame onto the fans.
      The coroner added none of the 96 should be blamed for their deaths.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/hillsborough-disaster-inquest-jury-hears-6908276

« Last Edit: Apr 02, 2014 06:39:34 pm by stuey »
      boomsopolis
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 191 posts |
      Reply #5: Apr 03, 2014 07:15:13 am
      Duckenfield only 3 weeks on the role. Should he have been in charge? "Police officer in charge at Hillsborough was inexperienced, coroner tells inquest"

http://gu.com/p/3z4ay
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #6: Apr 03, 2014 07:48:40 am
      Duckenfield only 3 weeks on the role. Should he have been in charge? "Police officer in charge at Hillsborough was inexperienced, coroner tells inquest"

http://gu.com/p/3z4ay

Who appointed Duckenfield and why?
      Scapegoats being offered up yet again; it is to be seen if the investigation does what it says on the tin.

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #7: Apr 03, 2014 12:58:30 pm
      Who appointed Duckenfield and why?
      Scapegoats being offered up yet again; it is to be seen if the investigation does what it says on the tin.

I am worried about how that is looking. Are they saying it wasn't his fault it was just a mistake to have him there.I can already smell the establishment pulling up the drawbridge
      LFCexiled
      Reply #8: Apr 03, 2014 01:05:25 pm
      I am worried about how that is looking. Are they saying it wasn't his fault it was just a mistake to have him there.I can already smell the establishment pulling up the drawbridge

They don't come more anti establishment than me mate but for the sake of sanity I'm holding all those thoughts back for a while yet, there's a long road ahead and for your own sanity I'd advise the same course of action, for now.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #9: Apr 03, 2014 01:41:12 pm
      They don't come more anti establishment than me mate but for the sake of sanity I'm holding all those thoughts back for a while yet, there's a long road ahead and for your own sanity I'd advise the same course of action, for now.

Know what you're saying mate and keeping an open mind is essential, Duckenfield however will be under scrutiny as never before, his conduct in the original proceedings will be examined and it is to be hoped the person or persons responsible for his appointment are called to give evidence.
      These people are the ring fence of the establishment.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #10: Apr 03, 2014 06:51:01 pm
      Know what you're saying mate and keeping an open mind is essential, Duckenfield however will be under scrutiny as never before, his conduct in the original proceedings will be examined and it is to be hoped the person or persons responsible for his appointment are called to give evidence.
      These people are the ring fence of the establishment.

True Stu, I'm holding onto the hope that the scrutiny this time will leave nowhere to hide. There's a national interest in the outcome and the families of The 96 have a louder voice than ever before, they'll be heard like never before and those that be know it. Personal safety, scrutiny and security will rule this time. I live in hope basically mate.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #11: Apr 03, 2014 07:33:13 pm
      True Stu, I'm holding onto the hope that the scrutiny this time will leave nowhere to hide. There's a national interest in the outcome and the families of The 96 have a louder voice than ever before, they'll be heard like never before and those that be know it. Personal safety, scrutiny and security will rule this time. I live in hope basically mate.

As we all do Ian.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/live-hillsborough-disaster-inquests---6911789

Heartbreaking is an understatement.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #12: Apr 04, 2014 12:48:12 pm
      I am pleased that the first thing the Jurors will hear is the fact that the people who lost their lives where good honest people who went to a football match and did not come back. At least this is a very good starting point.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #13: Apr 07, 2014 04:04:57 pm
      Hillsborough boy had stadium fears
      Martin Kevin Traynor 16, said ''oh no not that stadium again'' the inquest jury has heard, he raised his concerns to his brother Christopher 26, who said ''don't worry I will be there with you,'' their sister Theresa Arrowsmith said.
      The brothers never came home from Hillsborough.
      All the families are giving portraits of the victims at the inquests.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/all-about/hillsborough%20inquests
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #14: Apr 08, 2014 07:51:00 pm
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #15: Apr 10, 2014 08:42:24 pm
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #16: May 21, 2014 03:55:55 pm
      23 Turnstiles for Liverpool fans - 60 for Notts Forest fans at Hillsborough.
      Inquiry told of two stolen tapes taken from a club room at Sheff. Weds. ground.

read more:

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/liverpool-fc-fans-access-just-7148473
      « Last Edit: May 21, 2014 05:55:56 pm by stuey »
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #17: May 21, 2014 06:10:49 pm
      A 32-minute video was shown to the jury of the distressing scenes at Hillsborough.

The echo uploaded it:

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/watch-hillsborough-inquests-shown-video-7153670?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #18: Jun 02, 2014 04:42:03 pm
      Another damming report for the ground today. I wonder if there was anything in that ground which was fit for purpose.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #21: Jun 16, 2014 08:04:55 pm
       Former Hillsborough club secretary tells inquest the Leppings Lane capacity should have been lowered

While the police allowed unmonitored numbers into the Leppings Lane end capacities were an irrelevance.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #22: Jun 22, 2014 02:47:20 pm
      « Last Edit: Jun 22, 2014 03:17:28 pm by stuey »

Quick Reply