Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match v West Ham away?

Simon Mignolet
      0 (0%)
      Glen Johnson
      0 (0%)
      Martin Skrtel
      9 (5.8%)
      Mamadou Sakho
      7 (4.5%)
      Jon Flanagan
      4 (2.6%)
      Steven Gerrard
      105 (67.7%)
      Jordan Henderson
      12 (7.7%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      0 (0%)
      Raheem Sterling
      3 (1.9%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      0 (0%)
      Luis Suarez
      8 (5.2%)
      Lucas Leiva
      7 (4.5%)

Total Members Voted: 154

Voting closed: Apr 12, 2014 06:12:44 pm

West Ham 1-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Delight

Read 34831 times
      RedNess
      • Forum Youth Player

• 14 posts |
      • Love Liverpool - love to chat.
      Re: West Ham 1-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Delight
      Reply #644: Apr 07, 2014 09:47:28 am
      Could not believe the way Carroll was falling about, for a man of his size to go down at the merest suggestion of body contact was embarrassing to watch. The only advantage gained from his physical presence to his team was when he assaulted Mignolet and forced him to drop the ball, leading to their goal.
      What the f**k that joke referee was saying to the linesman had nothing to do with football, if it had the goal would never have been given.
      Carroll is a f**king liability and he has the most fitting team and manager to drag down with him
      what got me was when he was interviewed on MOTD he said that big strikers always get accused of fouls in the air but little strikers don't. He said he had to put his arms somewhere. Yeah anywhere but not assaulting our goalkeeper you long lanky cheating streak of piss. Poor Mig didn't stand a chance. YNWA
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #645: Apr 07, 2014 09:49:45 am
      West Ham are going to trim their wage bill this summer and will trim the fat. They will start by sending Big Fat Sam to weightwatchers. I just listened to Stevie on LFCTV and he said the fat b***ard had kept the dressing room hot, the ground was  bone dry and we had to park the team bus well away from the ground. The arsehole tried every dirty trick in the book but it was to no avail we still beat the bas**rds. :kop5cf8koxp6:
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #646: Apr 07, 2014 09:55:05 am
      West Ham are going to trim their wage bill this summer and will trim the fat. They will start by sending Big Fat Sam to weightwatchers. I just listened to Stevie on LFCTV and he said the fat b***ard had kept the dressing room hot, the ground was  bone dry and we had to park the team bus well away from the ground. The arsehole tried every dirty trick in the book but it was to no avail we still beat the bas**rds. :kop5cf8koxp6:

Expect nothing less of the odious, fat b***ard Billy mate.

what got me was when he was interviewed on MOTD he said that big strikers always get accused of fouls in the air but little strikers don't. He said he had to put his arms somewhere. Yeah anywhere but not assaulting our goalkeeper you long lanky cheating streak of piss. Poor Mig didn't stand a chance. YNWA

His mouth and his brain work independently.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #647: Apr 07, 2014 11:03:31 am
      Andy Carroll: You've got to put your hands somewhere so I just shoved them in Mignolet's face.

Interviewer: I'm not even going to pull you up on that, based on video evidence, because I'm a c**t.

Pretty much how that post match interview sounded.
      Knew that would be a grind. 3 points any which way you can.
      lefty1896
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,700 posts | 23 
      • He scores a goal and the kop goes wild...
      Reply #648: Apr 07, 2014 11:18:12 am
      Not sure if anyone else noticed it but the ball ran really really slow. Wonder whether that was a ploy by west ham. Let the grass grow. Watch the game again it just slows down really quickly.
      redraider
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 568 posts | 20 
      Reply #649: Apr 07, 2014 11:31:28 am
      If thats true about the grass thats an outrage
      lefty1896
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,700 posts | 23 
      Reply #650: Apr 07, 2014 11:34:46 am
      If thats true about the grass thats an outrage

Nah I think its probably common. Not sure about the regulations but I'd be confident it was right at the very limit.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,652 posts | 3920 
      Reply #651: Apr 07, 2014 11:40:24 am
      That Gif is amazing.
      Gabri
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 174 posts | 26 
      Reply #652: Apr 07, 2014 11:47:27 am
      I think BR mentioned that the grass was not watered before the game, so that was the reason for a slow game.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #653: Apr 07, 2014 11:54:23 am
      I have no idea why there is any so called controversy over either penalty.

I expected that fat headed c**t to try his dirty tricks, and his aimless long ball game.

I expected them to be hard in the tackle and try to put us off our game by being very physical.

We coped very well thanks to my MOTM, Skrtel, with honourable mentions to Sakho and Gerrard.

If city give Gerrard time and space, he will pick them to pieces.

It's in our own hands, and we know exactly what is needed.

BELIEVE
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #654: Apr 07, 2014 12:03:00 pm
      Great result. Not a great performance. Hardly concerned at this point of the season though its all about results now and we came home with 3 which is the main thing.

1. Our first penalty, for me Tomkins should have been sent off. If he had made any contact with Luis then he would have gone for denying him a clear chance on goal. But his handball was quite clearly deliberate, Luis would have gone past him and been about 8 yards out from goal, therefore Tomkins quite clearly stopped luis from scoring, so what's the difference? If he had picked the ball up with both hands and threw it out for a corner, would he have got a yellow for that then? Absolute joke.

2. Their goal. At first I thought mignolet bottled it. Apart from his shot stopping, I haven't been impressed with him all season. Never comes off his line. Can't catch a cross to save his life. He always looks very nervous and dodgy to me. He has little confidence so I have little confidence in him. However, after seeing the replays it was a clear foul to be fair to him and Carroll could have again possibly seen red. It was a deliberate foul and more or less punching Mig in the face. In the modern game weve seen people get sent off for less than that.

3. Our second penalty. For me, it was very very soft. But it was justice for their goal.  Their keeper touches the ball before he makes contact with Flanny therefore it is NOT a penalty. Although the modern game is soft, you are allowed to make contact within a tackle providing you take the ball. In my opinion their goalie did that. Not very convincingly but you can see him touch the ball before he makes any contact with Flanny.

Anyway, the reds are coming up the hill boys.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,013 posts | 3352 
      Reply #655: Apr 07, 2014 02:51:19 pm
      ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #656: Apr 07, 2014 04:12:53 pm
      According to Big Fat sam their goal was a foul but its part of the game, and our 2nd penalty was not a penalty ,thats for FATTY
       I agree that their goal was a clear foul and the sh*t ref overturned the linesman flagging,  regarding the flanagan's penalty I say IT WAS A PENALTY, the keeper and our FB  touched the ball at the same time and the keeper went on to trip Flanagan, even Curbishley this morning on SSN said  I can't see any controversy on this penalty, it is a clear one and I agree with him totally,,,watch this video , there are some different angles of the incident and it shows that
       West Ham vs Liverpool 1-2 2014 All Goals and Highlights (06-04-2014) HD   from 1min.30  onwards
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #657: Apr 07, 2014 04:20:33 pm
      I think a lot of people will be walking round with a grin on their face today me included.
      Its impossible to think that we could win 15 games on the bounce but after winning 10 and with the team spirit that exists I for one would not bet against them
      Fat b***ard Sam goes on about Refs but he doesn't even know the rules if he thinks Flanno wasn't a penalty
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #658: Apr 07, 2014 04:42:11 pm
      Having watched the highlights on MOTD last night I was surprised at how slow the game was. It was statuesque. Of course it would have been a ploy by that fat b***ard to make the pitch drier than the Arabian peninsula but it didn't work did it? Still appeared to me that there were plentiful through balls being achieved by us even if it was being achieved by our players being stuck to the pitch.

Also heard that Liverpool's dressing room was turned up to full heat yesterday to try and make the players uncomfortable? That man's the shittest Bond villain ever.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #659: Apr 07, 2014 06:54:15 pm
      5 more wins like that and we will all be delighted. Right now I couldn't care less if we win 6-0 with ease or scrape through a game like this so long as we get the 3 points!

Thought Sturridge was cack though, arguably his worst performance for us.

As for Carroll, well he's just a cheating c**t! Thought he had a bit of class about him but he's just another one of Fat Sam's cheating low lifes like Nolan.
      lefty1896
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,700 posts | 23 
      Reply #660: Apr 08, 2014 07:19:37 am
      From the Anfield Wrap. It was originally after the Spurs game, so where it says five it was six but still a good read.

We’ve hit the front. Five out. We’ve hit the front. Five to jump.
      Trickyred hits the front of the Grand National five out. Rodgers sits motionless in the saddle, the 25-1 shot smooth while all around him horses are clipping fences.

Check your slips.

Skyblue, the classy 9-4 favourite, from the Sheikh Mansour yard looks suddenly uncomfortable. Grinding Machine is being shown reminders by Mourinho while Fourthenough is tailing off.

(Moyesnoise has the screens around him. “Nobody wants to see this,” opines Scudamore).
      Five to jump. And he hasn’t had to reach for the whip.

Trickyred is travelling beautifully. His form has belied his price since around last year’s National. Rodgers the calmest man in the racecourse, punters on Trickyred excitable, those on his rivals terrified.

Setting the pace. Liverpool.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #661: Apr 08, 2014 09:46:07 am

This is our year. Come on you Reds!

Amazing.
      RedNess
      • Forum Youth Player

• 14 posts |
      • Love Liverpool - love to chat.
      Reply #662: Apr 08, 2014 10:24:59 am
      They will start by sending Big Fat Sam to weightwatchers.

Billy - Slimming World works better mate. West Ham should send him there ;D  :lmao:
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • Š Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #663: Apr 08, 2014 11:28:47 am
      According to Big Fat sam their goal was a foul but its part of the game, and our 2nd penalty was not a penalty ,thats for FATTY
       I agree that their goal was a clear foul and the sh*t ref overturned the linesman flagging,  regarding the flanagan's penalty I say IT WAS A PENALTY, the keeper and our FB  touched the ball at the same time and the keeper went on to trip Flanagan, even Curbishley this morning on SSN said  I can't see any controversy on this penalty, it is a clear one and I agree with him totally,,,watch this video , there are some different angles of the incident and it shows that
       West Ham vs Liverpool 1-2 2014 All Goals and Highlights (06-04-2014) HD   from 1min.30  onwards

I have to admit that when you see the incident (the Flanno penalty) for the first time at normal speed, it looks like a very soft penalty.

But I can't agree with (don't remember who posted it earlier) the opinion that it was not a penalty as the keeper touched the ball before the player.

If he did palm the ball away and then his momentum carry him on into Flanno, I doubt many on here would be calling penalty after the replay.

It was the fact that he grabbed the player intentionally that made it a penalty, not some random contact.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #664: Apr 08, 2014 11:33:51 am
      I have to admit that when you see the incident (the Flanno penalty) for the first time at normal speed, it looks like a very soft penalty.

But I can't agree with (don't remember who posted it earlier) the opinion that it was not a penalty as the keeper touched the ball before the player.

If he did palm the ball away and then his momentum carry him on into Flanno, I doubt many on here would be calling penalty after the replay.

It was the fact that he grabbed the player intentionally that made it a penalty, not some random contact.

This all day, if the goalie had held on he would have stopped the circulation in his leg.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #665: Apr 08, 2014 11:39:22 am

Never about playing the ball, but catching Jon's leg.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #666: Apr 08, 2014 01:22:34 pm
      If you didn't love Jon Flanagan enough.

His reaction to the penalty is priceless. No celebrating, no drama, just gets up and gives the Hammer player who berated him a simple look of "F**k off, I didn't give the penalty the ref did" and walks on.

Quick Reply