Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

The Benfica game

Read 5411 times
      Jabba
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,375 posts |
      The Benfica game
      Mar 09, 2006 12:13:01 am
      Post match reaction - we lost that game in Lisbon.  They always had a bit of quality and were bound to grab a goal - that Simao is a good player. If United had knocked Benfica out then we probably would have had him.

We need a world class striker, at the top of his game, no question.  If we had a Henry or someone of his ilk we would be a seriously improved side, and with Gonzalez coming in the summer we can only improve from here on in.

Morientes just hasn't delivered and I expect Rafa to let him go.  Djib Cisse also has no role in our line up.  I think Fowler will be given an extension of another 12 months, and I think Crouch will become more effective when he has a striker alongside him putting the ball in the back of the net.

Ironically I thought we looked a much better side in the Champions League this year.  It just didn't work out on the night.

That new banner is a jinx.........
      rafa houllier
      non-english
      Reply #1: Mar 09, 2006 12:34:54 am
      i think we have a great striker in cisse..he's not been given the chances he sould...it was annoying to see morientes and crouch in the starting line-up and didn't produce what we expected...these two clowns should be relegated to the bench...i'm sick and tired of rumours linking us with the 'world class' striker...hallo benitez!!! cisse has what it takes to be the special one...just give him a chance to build his confidence...put him in the starting line-up for the last 10 league games...arios!!!
      kuliver
      strikers
      Reply #2: Mar 09, 2006 12:41:31 am
      do we have strikers?
      rafa houllier
      The Benfica game
      Reply #3: Mar 09, 2006 12:49:24 am
      look at forlan! fergie didn't give him enough chances to prove his talent..and last season he's a top marksman in europe...all cisse need is chance and confidence!!! we do have striker!!!
      priesty10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,339 posts |
      • Rafa, Gone but not forgotten
      The Benfica game
      Reply #4: Mar 09, 2006 09:20:59 am
      Cisse is not world class, he is far from it, all he has over our other strikers is pace. Mori is class but I just dont know what is wrong with him....... Crouch is ok but was never gonna be a 10-15 goals a aseason striker and Fowler will always be a legand and is a good option BUT we do need a premership proven striker..... Yakubu/Defoe I think would be good options and wouldnt be over priced............
      Anonymous
      The Benfica game
      Reply #5: Mar 09, 2006 11:57:03 am
      face it we were sh*t last night
      rEdGiRl
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 29 posts |
      The Benfica game
      Reply #6: Mar 09, 2006 05:29:05 pm
      YEAH I AGREE CISSE IS FAR FROM WORLD CLASS!. RAFA NEEDS 2 LET MORI GO, GREAT PLAYER BUT HE JUST HASN'T DONE ANYTHIN 4 US. HE JUST CAN'T SEEM 2 ADJUST TO ENGLISH PLAY AND NEEDS 2 GO SOON, AS DOES DJIMI - HE DOSN'T DESERVE 2 WEAR THE SHIRT!!!  :x

LETS JUST CROSS R FINGERS AND HOPE THAT RAFA GETS A WEDGE IN THE SUMMER 2 BUY A DECENT STRIKER! ;D
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      The Benfica game
      Reply #7: Mar 09, 2006 07:37:12 pm
      Around 10 million for Defoe.  It's a pity we didn't get that Dirk Kuyt last summer - reckon his value will shoot up after the World Cup.

Quick Reply