Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

A video about the memorial passes sold as fake tickets at swansea game

Read 2852 times
      Dan Rackham
      • On Trial
      • Started Topic

• 1 posts |
      A video about the memorial passes sold as fake tickets at swansea game
      Apr 11, 2014 06:05:14 pm
      Here's a video I made following on from a news article in the Echo about ticket touts selling memorial passes as fake tickets. The video is a thought on fake tickets and other fake tickets in life that Jesus warns us to avoid. The video includes an interview with a mate from Toxteth who was at Hillsborough. Link below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3agWc8Mdhbc

What do people reckon - are there other fake tickets in life to be careful of?
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Re: A video about the memorial passes sold as fake tickets at swansea game
      Reply #1: Apr 11, 2014 07:00:50 pm
      I wouldn't like to get involved in the religious aspect of the topic but i would say to anyone looking for a ticket to any of our next few home games stay clear of the touts , if you haven't a ticket then you can still get your arse up to the ground and get involved in the craic before and after the games .
      LFCexiled
      Reply #2: Apr 11, 2014 07:49:48 pm

fake tickets in life that Jesus warns us to avoid.

You lost me right there.

I didn't know the feeding of the 5000 was an all ticket affair.  :P
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #3: Apr 12, 2014 06:15:42 am
      The video is a thought on fake tickets and other fake tickets in life that Jesus warns us to avoid.

"Roll up, roll up, watch a bearded hippy walk on water. All you can eat bread and fish washed down with his "special" wine, tastes like water but kicks like a Roman's whip!
      All yours for the sacrifice of every Sunday morning of your life and a vow to denounce science and fact!
      Don't forget your free fishy sticker for the back of your cart!"

bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #4: Apr 12, 2014 09:36:22 am
      What do people reckon - are there other fake tickets in life to be careful of?
      Creation.
      The Bible.
      A loving, omnipotent, entity [the alpha and omega] who visits hurt and pain on those he loves... just to er... test their faith don't you know.
      Cults which prey on the weak and the vulnerable; lining their pockets as they do so.
      A God who is praised for all the good in the World when man takes the rap for all the evil [weird considering he's... er...  he's omniscient and omnipotent] and...
      Last but not least - the opening post in this thread.  :angel:
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #5: Apr 12, 2014 09:45:14 am

Purely out of interest mate what do you think happened at the start of it all then? Science has proven itself wrong nearly as many times as it's proven itself right so I've always struggled putting ultimate faith in what is professed to be true according to science today. So the question that always repeats itself when I'm considering things of this nature is "what happened before that", there must have been some sort of beginning and "how did something come from nothing?" Of course that makes the assumption that at one stage there was "nothing" (which of course science says doesn't exist, not even in a vacuum).

Personally I think it's a question that will forever perplex Man and that could be argued to give weight to some religious beliefs.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #6: Apr 12, 2014 10:33:39 am
      Purely out of interest mate what do you think happened at the start of it all then? Science has proven itself wrong nearly as many times as it's proven itself right
      That's the thing Luke 'science' tries to prove itself wrong. It doesn't stand still. It's 'word' is not set in stone. It questions and evolves.

As for how it all began... the search for that answer is ongoing but I happen to believe that it wasn't created by bored entities ["Elohim"/"The Gods" according to Genesis 1] let there be (day 1) - sky, land & light; (day 2) - Water; (day 3) - Plants; (day 4) - The Sun Moon & stars; (day 5) - Sea monsters, fish, land animals and insects; (day 6) Humans [both sexes btw] and on Day 7 (the first day anyone/everything existed) "the Gods" took a day off.

Then again, if you prefer Genesis 2; the order of creation was different... Earth & heavens; Water; Adam; Plants; Animals and then Eve.

I believe in evolution. I believe the earth is more than 6,000 years old. For me that evidence exists.

I don't know what it was but I sure as sh*t know what it wasn't.

KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #7: Apr 12, 2014 10:51:55 am
      That's the thing Luke 'science' tries to prove itself wrong. It doesn't stand still. It's 'word' is not set in stone. It questions and evolves.

As for how it all began... the search for that answer is ongoing but I happen to believe that it wasn't created by bored entities ["Elohim"/"The Gods" according to Genesis 1] let there be (day 1) - sky, land & light; (day 2) - Water; (day 3) - Plants; (day 4) - The Sun Moon & stars; (day 5) - Sea monsters, fish, land animals and insects; (day 6) Humans [both sexes btw] and on Day 7 (the first day anyone/everything existed) "the Gods" took a day off.

Then again, if you prefer Genesis 2; the order of creation was different... Earth & heavens; Water; Adam; Plants; Animals and then Eve.

I believe in evolution. I believe the earth is more than 6,000 years old. For me that evidence exists.

I don't know what it was but I sure as sh*t know what it wasn't.

Fair enough mate, cheers for sharing. Personally think the 7 days stuff is rubbish too and the Bible is mostly chinese whispers. People embellish stories all the time, could you imagine the amount stuff got embellished before their facts could be checked with Google!?! :D

Totally believe in evolution but that still doesn't answer the question of how things actually begun.

Like I said I'm open to any possibility, no matter how much science tries to unravel the mysteries and disprove the possible existence of a God I actually believe the more they unravel the more they seem to prove something must have kick started it all.

God only knows :D
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #8: Apr 12, 2014 11:12:35 am
      Totally believe in evolution but that still doesn't answer the question of how things actually begun.
      No mate but it proves "things" didn't actually begin with creation, as described in the bible.

At least some [geologists, biologists, astronomers, cosmologists, physicists, & chemists] are looking for the answer and not just accepting the only "evidence" as laid down in contradictory verses of the bible.

Their 'order' doesn't match up and can't, therefore be taken literally - a good number of Christians accept this. The story is no more a literal account of creation than the story of Ymir, Odin, Vili, & Ve or Prometheus & Epimetheus. The story of creation is not factual because if it was at least Genesis 1 & 2 would be consistent so...

In answer to the question posed in the OP - "... are there other fake tickets in life to be careful of?" - Yes, Creation and the Bible.

Good luck and take care. I'm outta here.  :angel:

shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,462 posts | 4591 
      Reply #9: Apr 12, 2014 02:08:47 pm
      Just because you can't see your creator does not mean he does not exist & for evolution forgive me when I fall out my chair believing I descended from a primate,I'm surprised were not told we evolved from pigs because we do share similarities.

Quick Reply