Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Pre-Match: Norwich v Liverpool (Easter Sunday 20th April 2014 12pm)

Read 24633 times
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Re: Norwich Vs Liverpool 12noon Easter Sunday the 20th of April 2014
      Reply #69: Apr 17, 2014 05:39:51 pm
      to the players against Norwich > massive 3 important points please, lads  same passion, same commitment, same target a win
       And Hoping for a do or die performance by sunderland against the plastics, like they did yesterday vs city

that would be great if we extend our lead before the chavs game
       I saw Palace vs the bitters yesterday , its as hard as the chelsea game for me. we are  away and they are hard to beat defensively
       This can be done

c'mon REDMEN

YNWA
      crichards1985
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #70: Apr 17, 2014 05:58:16 pm
      Hello all me an a mate have got a ticket for Norwich on Sunday but are really struggling on transport is anyone going down that has any spaces?? would be greatly appreciated... Thanks Chris.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #71: Apr 17, 2014 06:50:44 pm
      I think most people are thinking we will bring in Lucas and Allen for the injured/suspended pair of Studge and Hendo.  However, I could see BR bringing in Moses for Studge and one of Lucas/Allen for Hendo.  This would allow us to keep Coutinho in a deeper role where he has been excelling lately, and would also be a more attack minded lineup which is the BR and Liverpool way.  I wouldn't be surprised if the lineup looked like this on Sunday:

Migs
      Johno  Skrtel  Sakho  Flanno
                   Superman
             Allen           Coutinho
         Moses   Suarez   Sterling

I don't care how we get it done, we just need 3 points.  Hopefully Sunderland can pull another rabbit out and take points off the Chavs on Saturday which would really put us in the drivers seat going into our game!
      I can see Coutinho playing where you put Moses and Lucas playing alongside Allen in front of Gerrard. Lucas can cover for Hendo and Coutinho can play well on the side of Suarez.  Moses doesn't offer enough to start.  He's a player I'd stick on to give other players a rest. He's okay to see the game out but he's not starting quality. There's a chance Sturridge might be fit anyway.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #72: Apr 17, 2014 06:55:45 pm
      to the players against Norwich > massive 3 important points please, lads  same passion, same commitment, same target a win
       And Hoping for a do or die performance by sunderland against the plastics, like they did yesterday vs city

that would be great if we extend our lead before the chavs game
       I saw Palace vs the bitters yesterday , its as hard as the chelsea game for me. we are  away and they are hard to beat defensively
       This can be done

c'mon REDMEN

YNWA

I have no doubt that we will beat Palace to be honest. We have far more to offer going forward than Everton or Chelsea. Chelsea struggled because they wanted everything to go through the middle of the park so it became very crowded. Palace capitalised by attacking them in the wide areas and Chelsea's full backs couldn't live with it. I'm not denying that they are very organised at the back but they have scored the second least amount of goals all season (27), only Norwich have scored less (26).
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #73: Apr 17, 2014 07:25:05 pm
      I have no doubt that we will beat Palace to be honest. We have far more to offer going forward than Everton or Chelsea. Chelsea struggled because they wanted everything to go through the middle of the park so it became very crowded. Palace capitalised by attacking them in the wide areas and Chelsea's full backs couldn't live with it. I'm not denying that they are very organised at the back but they have scored the second least amount of goals all season (27), only Norwich have scored less (26).

I agree, But as we ALL  know these last 4 games are all like cup finals, and so are all difficult from all and different aspects,,, its in our hands now and I believe we can do it

YNWA
      LFC_Olly_91
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 309 posts | 43 
      Reply #74: Apr 17, 2014 07:39:50 pm
      With Henderson suspended and Sturridge injured (potentially) I'd go with:

Mignolet

Johnson
      Skrtel
      Sakho
      Flanagan

Allen
      Gerrard (c)
      Coutinho

Sterling
      Suarez
      Moses

Subs: Jones; Agger, Toure; Lucas, Alberto, Texeira; Aspas.

Allen for Henderson and Moses for Sturridge on the left, another option would be to put Lucas in the middle with Allen and Gerrard and push Coutinho up into the front three.

I'm nervous but confident about this game think we will win it 0-3 and close in on the title 

:kop5cf8koxp6:
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,198 posts | 1275 
      Reply #75: Apr 17, 2014 08:02:43 pm
      With Henderson suspended and Sturridge injured (potentially) I'd go with:

Mignolet

Johnson
      Skrtel
      Sakho
      Flanagan

Allen
      Gerrard (c)
      Coutinho

Sterling
      Suarez
      Moses

Subs: Jones; Agger, Toure; Lucas, Alberto, Texeira; Aspas.

Allen for Henderson and Moses for Sturridge on the left, another option would be to put Lucas in the middle with Allen and Gerrard and push Coutinho up into the front three.

I'm nervous but confident about this game think we will win it 0-3 and close in on the title 

:kop5cf8koxp6:

Moses needs to stay the f**k away from the team.

Fill the midfield and dominate it by having Gerrard, Lucas Allen and Coutinho there. Suarez and Sterling up front should do well with the men behind them.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,649 posts | 3918 
      Reply #76: Apr 17, 2014 08:10:56 pm
      I would go with

Mignolet

Johnson
      Skrtel
      Sakho
      Flanagan

Allen
      Gerrard (c)
      Lucas

Sterling
      Suarez
      Coutinho
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #77: Apr 17, 2014 09:15:12 pm
      If you had to pick a team for the next match, Norwich would be probably be on the shortlist. They are fighting for their lives, but we are too, just at the other end. Think their game suits how we play ie. that we know we how to beat them.
      If both Hendo and Studge out, would bring in Allen and Lucas. Unfortunately when you compare what the players coming in to those not available, one set has goals in it, the other doesn't. But we're lucky, cause Cout and Sterling have hit scoring form. And Luis is due a couple !  Given the way we've been playing lately, who would bet against either Allen or Lucas popping up with a goal unexpectedly on Sun :)
      Cannot wait for the match. The supporter are buzzing, the players are pumped - no way they'll go out taking anything for granted, BR and SG will see to that. We're in a fantastic position, 4 games to go - let's go there confident, and roll out our usual attacking game.
      Confident we'll win this, though not without a fight.   4-2 to the MIGHTY Reds :)

LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #78: Apr 17, 2014 09:28:39 pm
      We go to Norwich and we do exactly the same!

Biggest game in 6 days. Wow this is gonna be a nervy one. Again, I dont feel comfortable about this one. On paper we should destroy them, and its been a few weeks since we have destroyed a team, but at this stage in the league every game is tough. Hit them fast and hard. 2 Early goals and they wont get off the deck, like some of our recent counterparts.

If Sunderland manage to get a result at the bridge this game will suddenly become the biggest game ever! Wait, it already is... you know what I mean!

Come on Borini, do us a favour and we will sneak you in a winners medal!

MUST WIN!
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #79: Apr 17, 2014 09:30:14 pm
      I would go with

Mignolet

Johnson
      Skrtel
      Sakho
      Flanagan

Allen
      Gerrard (c)
      Lucas

Sterling
      Suarez
      Coutinho

Agree with the 433 but I would swap Coutinho with Lucas and replace Lucas with Aspas. Could be a great chance for Aspas to revel in. Would love to see it!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,255 posts | 4932 
      Reply #80: Apr 17, 2014 10:21:56 pm
      Don't want Moses anywhere near the starting XI on Sunday.

I kind of agree and it might be the most irrational thought I've ever had but I didn't even want him coming on the other day for those few minutes.

Nothing personal against the lad but I just don't have the impression he will give his all like the other lads will.
      DeanoLFC
      • Forum John Toshack

• 259 posts | 18 
      Reply #81: Apr 17, 2014 10:29:00 pm
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #82: Apr 17, 2014 11:17:03 pm
      Moses could well start, especially considering he is not available for the Chelsea game.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #83: Apr 18, 2014 12:25:00 am
      Moses could well start, especially considering he is not available for the Chelsea game.

Bloody hope not. The very thought of him starting make me can't help but picture the shocking Hull defeat for some reason.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #84: Apr 18, 2014 08:15:50 am
      My dad asked me what player I'd want to come to Liverpool from the premier league and I said only one for certain and it was Ross Barkley, odd considering who he plays for but he's the best young midfielder in the country and is worth a good amount of money as far as I'm concerned. I'm glad to see we're linked with him; if true.
      Why are the fans always working out net spend and gross worth, the owners need to f***in stop being stingy little bas**rds full of excuses and apologies.
      The owner bit isn't just about Barkley it's about backing our manager instead of hindering him.
      Fowler kop hero
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 583 posts |
      Reply #85: Apr 18, 2014 10:01:30 am
      Moses will start, i just know it... And if he does i'm backing him to score. Crazy sh*te happens at this stage of the season. I'm still waiting for Aspas to come on and score a winner in the 94th minute.

Score prediction for Norwich.

Norwich 1 - 2 Liverpool (Moses, Aspas) :)
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #86: Apr 18, 2014 11:00:05 am
      Bloody hope not. The very thought of him starting make me can't help but picture the shocking Hull defeat for some reason.

Don't worry I think I am actually ahead of him for a starting position.
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 69 
      Reply #87: Apr 18, 2014 11:12:03 am
      I'd probably go with this as my line up on Sunday

Mignolet
      Johnson    Skrtel            Sakho        Flanno
                             Gerrard
                  Allen                  Coutinho
      Aspas                                        Sterling
                              Suarez
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,649 posts | 3918 
      Reply #88: Apr 18, 2014 12:53:57 pm
      This is Suarez time to shine. Not because of his record against Norwich, but he will be desperate to get back on the goal trail and he relishes being the focal point of our attack.

I'll take any goal, any type of win. Let's just get over the line!!
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #89: Apr 18, 2014 02:09:48 pm
      3-0 for me, Luis with yet another hat-trick especially if Danny doesn't start.
      Will be back home in Luxembourg for this one so big screen for viewing and Laptop for posting !

Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #90: Apr 18, 2014 02:14:38 pm
       I'd go with,

Mignolet

Johnson    Skrte     Sakho        Flanno

Gerrard
                  Allen                  Lucas

Coutinho                  Sterling
                              Suarez
      « Last Edit: Apr 18, 2014 02:39:13 pm by Ribapuru »
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,372 posts | 1029 
      Reply #91: Apr 18, 2014 02:32:34 pm
      Going to be a bit controversial and say that I would like to see this formation.

Mignolet

Johnson            Skrtel            Sakho             Flanno

Gerrard
                    Lucas                                  Allen

Sterling               Coutinho

Suarez

What about playing Cou and Sterling behind Suarez? Is it too narrow? It would allow our full backs to get forward and Gerrard could tuck in alongside SAS (Skrtel and Sakho) while we attack. Both Sterling and Coutinho have excelled in these positions and I think, along with Suarez, they could cause so many problems.

I know people might think that there is no need to try out something new, but without Sturridge (if that's the case) it changes things a bit and I believe that this is the best formation to play.

Quick Reply