Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match?

Simon Mignolet
      (0%)
      Glen Johnson
      (0%)
      Jon Flanagan
      (0.6%)
      Martin Skrtel
      (8%)
      Mamadou Sakho
      (0%)
      Joe Allen
      (3.4%)
      Steven Gerrard
      (0.6%)
      Lucas Leiva
      (0%)
      Raheem Sterling
      (84.5%)
      Luis Suarez
      (1.7%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      (1.1%)
      Victor Moses
      (0%)
      Daniel Agger
      (0%)

Norwich 2-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Delirium

Read 33528 times
      CharlesD
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 742 posts | 68 
      Re: Norwich 2-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Delirium
      Reply #667: Apr 21, 2014 12:30:55 pm
      https://vine.co/v/M13ddD9Pntr

Gerrard's reaction to Lucas giving a free kick away in the 94th minute. I love you Stevie.

That's priceless.  Wears his heart on his sleeve sometimes.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #668: Apr 21, 2014 04:26:41 pm
      What a ridiculous tackle to be fair
      DaktionLFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,084 posts | 84 
      Reply #669: Apr 21, 2014 05:17:19 pm
      I like lucas because he goes all in with every tackle, its always 100% commitment from him... 

I dislike lucas sometimes because he goes all regardless of the time on the clock and where on the pitch it is :D

I like lucas still
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #670: Apr 21, 2014 05:29:08 pm
      I know Lucas used to be a box to box midfielder at Gremio but my word he looked clueless when he went forward today. I understand we're making the most out of our lack of midfielders but imo, he can't be anything other than a traditional DM. Sit deep, break up play and make the simple pass to more creative players.
      Hope Sturridge is back for Chelsea cos God knows we'll need him.

My thoughts exactly.

How about swapping Gerrard and Lucas. Lucas can sit back in front of the back four (as he did before Gerrard took over that role).

Gerrard can play bit further up field and do more damage to the opposition, i.e. the Chavs.

Gerrard can go back as DM when Henderson comes back into the team.
      Bier
      Reply #671: Apr 21, 2014 05:37:39 pm
      My thoughts exactly.

How about swapping Gerrard and Lucas. Lucas can sit back in front of the back four (as he did before Gerrard took over that role).

Gerrard can play bit further up field and do more damage to the opposition, i.e. the Chavs.

Gerrard can go back as DM when Henderson comes back into the team.

I think that would have the opposite effect of what we'd want. Gerrard plays a big role in our build up play and transitions. By putting Lucas in that position it'll be much easier to put pressure on him and our defense. And you'd remove our good ball circulation and fast transitions.
      DaktionLFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,084 posts | 84 
      Reply #672: Apr 21, 2014 05:45:17 pm
      I think that would have the opposite effect of what we'd want. Gerrard plays a big role in our build up play and transitions. By putting Lucas in that position it'll be much easier to put pressure on him and our defense. And you'd remove our good ball circulation and fast transitions.

don't forget, Gerrard is now 100% comfortable and slotted into this new position... really not the time to be moving him again even if it was to a past spot of his. 

Gerrard justifies his spot and has played great... if anything, we should shuffle lucas or other players around ... not gerrard
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #673: Apr 21, 2014 10:49:19 pm
      Stevie G wasn't joking when he told the lads "we go again next week exactly the same" 3-2
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #674: Apr 22, 2014 03:09:17 am
      I thought the performance was generally poor yesterday. We had them on the ropes after 10 minutes, then didn't finish them off, and the game ended as a fairly ugly, scrappy spectacle. Second half performance was poor at both ends. The first goal conceded was calamitous goalkeeping, we had very few chances upfront too, and seemed content to cling on rather than batter them, a dangerous tactic which almost backfired when they had a free header from 10 yards, that Mignolet stopped rather than saved. Brendan wasn't great either, deciding to make a sub prior to defending a corner, which is madness and he's long enough coaching to know that. It could have been very costly. 

Yes we won, but after the first 10 minutes, the game was a good opportunity to boost up the goal difference. Instead we stumbled over the line, and it didn't have to be the struggle it turned out to be. 
      CharlesD
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 742 posts | 68 
      Reply #675: Apr 22, 2014 03:41:58 am
      Yes, parts of that game were rather ugly, but if this season ends in a title, 20 years from now every win will be remembered as a thing of beauty. 
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #676: Apr 22, 2014 09:03:29 am
      https://vine.co/v/M13ddD9Pntr

Gerrard's reaction to Lucas giving a free kick away in the 94th minute. I love you Stevie.

Brilliant.

Lucky Lucas wasn't standing closer. He might have got a thump. ;D
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #677: Apr 22, 2014 10:10:11 am
      I thought the performance was generally poor yesterday. We had them on the ropes after 10 minutes, then didn't finish them off, and the game ended as a fairly ugly, scrappy spectacle. Second half performance was poor at both ends. The first goal conceded was calamitous goalkeeping, we had very few chances upfront too, and seemed content to cling on rather than batter them, a dangerous tactic which almost backfired when they had a free header from 10 yards, that Mignolet stopped rather than saved. Brendan wasn't great either, deciding to make a sub prior to defending a corner, which is madness and he's long enough coaching to know that. It could have been very costly. 

Yes we won, but after the first 10 minutes, the game was a good opportunity to boost up the goal difference. Instead we stumbled over the line, and it didn't have to be the struggle it turned out to be. 

The main thing was we won and got 3 points, if we win our last 3 games there will be no complaints from me. Sure it is hard on the old ticker and the blood pressure but that is a small price to pay to see the REDS crowned as Champions once again.
      asus
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 28 posts |
      Reply #678: Apr 22, 2014 11:40:00 am
      Are people going to work out soon that they need to be strong in the first half and keep it to nil nil at half time to have a chance of winning.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #679: Apr 22, 2014 12:11:40 pm
      We were awesome again for first 65 minutes, they we gifted them a goal. If we had not gifted thier 1st goal we would have coasted to a 3-0 I reckon.

Johnson was back to his giving the ball away too often, Sackho is a bit of a bomb scare on the ball.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #680: Apr 22, 2014 07:14:16 pm
      I'm watching the game back again now as it was all pretty hazy, drunk and panicky at the weekend and I'm still trying to figure out how we set up. Brendan said after the game that we went with a 5 man midfield but I'm still trying to figure out where Coutinho was actually playing it seems like we played a narrow diamond with Sterling at the tip and Coutinho kind of going where ever he wanted. Does anyone else have a better take?
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #681: Apr 22, 2014 07:31:54 pm
      I'm watching the game back again now as it was all pretty hazy, drunk and panicky at the weekend and I'm still trying to figure out how we set up. Brendan said after the game that we went with a 5 man midfield but I'm still trying to figure out where Coutinho was actually playing it seems like we played a narrow diamond with Sterling at the tip and Coutinho kind of going where ever he wanted. Does anyone else have a better take?
      Think I'll take the credit for this one mate, I'm sure Rodgers will thank me later.

Quote from ConzS
      Going to be a bit controversial and say that I would like to see this formation.

Mignolet

Johnson            Skrtel            Sakho             Flanno

Gerrard
                    Lucas                                  Allen

Sterling               Coutinho

Suarez

Said in the pre-match thread I'd like to see this formation. With Cou and Sterling playing behind the striker rather than on the wings. Allen and Lucas providing the width in midfield. Seems to me this is what Rodgers went with.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #682: Apr 22, 2014 07:47:52 pm
      Cheers fella that is pretty much the line up they put up on the screen on LFC TV at the start of the match but watching it backit seems like Coutinho had licence to roam all over the place. If Sturridge isn't fit I think we will go with the same set-up once again. The movement of our players is so clever and fluid.

Quick Reply