Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

Moyes Sacked!

Read 22666 times
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Re: Moyes Sacked!
      Reply #138: Apr 22, 2014 01:42:52 pm
      Being the devout evangelical Christian he is

Is he? I never knew that (asking just out of curiosity). I do agree he seems to me to be a man that really values things such as loyalty and dignity.

However, I can see he growing tired of losing his best players every year; and his time with Dortmund may end naturally one day; perhaps soon. I wouldn't think many Dortmund fans would hold it against him - he's done so much for the club already.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #139: Apr 22, 2014 01:43:59 pm
      Cant see a stampede of people coming up for this one.
      NO CL football an aging squad and a legacy that you will always be judged against.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #140: Apr 22, 2014 01:47:44 pm
      Not many top class managers would leave their current employer to sign for them. They either have to go with a free agent or take a risk with a young manager at a lower club.

van Gaal makes a lot of sense.
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #141: Apr 22, 2014 01:53:50 pm
      Ryan giggs takes charge till the end of the season
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #142: Apr 22, 2014 02:00:03 pm
      What a shame Hodgson is already at England.  He'd be perfect for United.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #143: Apr 22, 2014 02:06:15 pm
      Whoever they can get to manage the past it's sell by squad the fact that results are required yesterday is not an attractive proposition.
      They are in a perfect quandary for the ultimate mercenary Mourinho who will prostitute himself and the club he mismanages for as many pieces of sliver as  he can get his hands on.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 31,264 posts | 6366 
      Reply #144: Apr 22, 2014 02:08:16 pm
      Whoever they can get to manage the past it's sell by squad the fact that results are required yesterday is not an attractive proposition.
      They are in a perfect quandary for the ultimate mercenary Mourinho who will prostitute himself and the club he mismanages for as many pieces of sliver as  he can get his hands on.

Would Maureen lower himself to manage a club that's not in Europe though?
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #145: Apr 22, 2014 02:15:15 pm

He's the only one with the ego for it ....

"Look at me, restoring the fallen the united'

His press conferences could be interesting - will he flutter his eyelashes at glazer (reaches for the sickbag at the thought)
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #146: Apr 22, 2014 02:16:47 pm

Even to a mercenary there are limits to what he will do for money - good shout.
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #147: Apr 22, 2014 02:17:32 pm
      Not many top class managers would leave their current employer to sign for them. They either have to go with a free agent or take a risk with a young manager at a lower club.

van Gaal makes a lot of sense.

he does - and doesnt.

62 now - so not your long-term manager (2 - maybe 3 seasons)
      never managed in england - so not accustomed to 'manager' as we are in terms of player recruitment
      known to be a bit of a nutter
      plus at world cup til mid july...

in that case - sign the f***r up !
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #148: Apr 22, 2014 02:18:28 pm
      Klopp has already said NO. Who will be next to reject them.
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #149: Apr 22, 2014 02:22:20 pm
      Klopp has already said NO. Who will be next to reject them.

pep

followed by ancelotti
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #150: Apr 22, 2014 02:30:53 pm
      Is he? I never knew that (asking just out of curiosity). I do agree he seems to me to be a man that really values things such as loyalty and dignity.

However, I can see he growing tired of losing his best players every year; and his time with Dortmund may end naturally one day; perhaps soon. I wouldn't think many Dortmund fans would hold it against him - he's done so much for the club already.

Yeah he's very devoted to his religion. It's interesting and even refreshing to read of a public figure like Klopp being very open about his faith when these days it seems that it's not so acceptable or popular to do so.

That's what happens when you have too much money and power without the integrity to go with it mate.  They expect money will buy them whatever they want despite spending the last 10 years or so complaining about the chavs and city doing exactly that. 

They believe that because their money is based on winning stuff rather than wealthy owners it's somehow different.

Absolutely debs. There is a holier than thou attitude throughout that club that makes you believe that they will be quite happy to get what they want even if it is by corruptive means.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #151: Apr 22, 2014 02:40:16 pm
      This is truly a great loss for all of Liverpool.  I am sure you all feel as saddened as I do over the man who gave us such joy and happiness.

Oh David. I will remember you forever. Your slouching lumbering walks along the touchlines and your bug eyed, lost and confused look was so wonderful. Your consistent failure to inspire players and empty your home ground is unrivaled. 

Rest well CHOSEN ONE!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #152: Apr 22, 2014 02:46:32 pm

could someone send them Ronnie Moores number he has just left Tranmere and there will be no transfer fee
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #153: Apr 22, 2014 02:47:51 pm
      Yeah he's very devoted to his religion. It's interesting and even refreshing to read of a public figure like Klopp being very open about his faith when these days it seems that it's not so acceptable or popular to do so.

Absolutely debs. There is a holier than thou attitude throughout that club that makes you believe that they will be quite happy to get what they want even if it is by corruptive means.

If he is a GOd fearing man he is hardly going to go to a club who blatantly promote the Devil.
      BostonScouse
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 715 posts | 106 
      Reply #154: Apr 22, 2014 02:50:16 pm
      Noooooooo
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #155: Apr 22, 2014 02:52:35 pm
      I'm devastated. I can't bring myself to post anything significant. Just stunned. I'm speechless. I am without speech.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #156: Apr 22, 2014 03:42:47 pm
      I'm devastated. I can't bring myself to post anything significant. Just stunned. I'm speechless. I am without speech.

:f_wah: :f_wah: :f_wah: :f_wah:
      never mind mate they may go back to ferguson
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,174 posts | 4402 
      Reply #157: Apr 22, 2014 03:44:51 pm
      Moyes you idiot why could you not miss out on CL  by a couple of points and give us another season of comedy you tw*t.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #158: Apr 22, 2014 03:52:34 pm
      If he is a GOd fearing man he is hardly going to go to a club who blatantly promote the Devil.

Says something about that club when they took a nickname and applied it to a new crest. How totally classless. Brand Utd.

And now their caretaker manager is a man known for his 'loyalty'....as his brother can testify to great extent. What are they smoking at Old Trafford?
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #159: Apr 22, 2014 04:03:29 pm
      Great news for UTd fans - but a sad day for us...

However, who on earth will they get in..? Reaks of desperation - they have no one lined up it seems and I think they will struggle to get someone in. Why on earth would Klopp, Van Gaal or Mourino go there?
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #160: Apr 22, 2014 04:03:34 pm
      That was fun while it lasted. Absolutely amazing season. Will remember this fondly for years :D

Quick Reply