Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Moyes Sacked!

Read 22668 times
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Re: Moyes Sacked!
      Reply #184: Apr 22, 2014 09:24:57 pm
      Grim times for them, happy times for us.
      That's for sure , they even got a visit from the reaper himself.

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4928 
      Reply #185: Apr 22, 2014 10:15:22 pm
      Spurs fan I know is shitting himself in case they end up with Davie. :D
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #186: Apr 22, 2014 10:19:30 pm
      Maybe old 'Arry will go there.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #187: Apr 22, 2014 10:31:01 pm

I wouldn't really blame that on Van Gaal, there weren't any real issues between him and players. I think it was more a team mentality problem. Starting with the first game we played against Ireland when we got 0-2 behind at home, to only then start playing well late in the 2nd half and make 2 goals in the last 20 minutes to get a draw. Then later in qualification losing at home to Portugal and later again away to Ireland. The end result is it seeming like a major f**k up, but the difference between us and 1st place in that group was just 4 points. At the same time Ireland were having a great qualification with not a single loss, they left no room for error.

Van Gaal even now will admit that national team management isn't his thing though. He prefers working with players on a daily basis so he can mould a team. And I do think there's big differences between national team and club management.

Indeed. As Capello could testify with England. Although both men have a chance to redeem themselves in Brazil.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #188: Apr 22, 2014 10:32:45 pm
      Spurs fan I know is shitting himself in case they end up with Davie. :D

You've just made H2H dream.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #189: Apr 23, 2014 06:22:15 am
      His personality, easily butts heads with players, directors, chairman etc. He has such a big ego, leaves little room for other egos. Very authoritive and hands on. Little breathing space for players. Young and less established players tend to like that, older egos tend not to. And he only knows one way, his way. If everybody blindly follows, he could succeed. Big if though. Can see him clashing with Rooney already.

f***in bang on Bier, they are two cars heading for a head on, total annihilation Ego boosters at the ready, crash and burn mother fuckers, of course shrek will find solace with one if his Zimmer buddies, and van gaal will fade away like a fart in the wind,

Don't u just love the Glazers, offering such windows of opportunity, putty in the hands if big Luis gets it right, but a proper pane when he fucks it up ,
      Smashing stuff from Scummykunts

YNWA
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #190: Apr 23, 2014 06:25:05 am
      Reports of insubordination and 'dressing room renegades' coming out of Old Trafford. Their problems run deep  :lmao:
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #191: Apr 23, 2014 07:57:45 am
      The continuing fragmentation of the club is safe in the hands of Ferguson.
       He was responsible for Moyes being appointed.
       He is believed to have been on the group of directors who sealed Moyes' fate at a secret hotel meeting on Sunday night.
       It is reported that Ferguson will be asked to take a prominent role in deciding the appointment of their next manager......
       The merriment goes on unabated, bask and enjoy.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #192: Apr 23, 2014 08:44:04 am
      The continuing fragmentation of the club is safe in the hands of Ferguson.
       He was responsible for Moyes being appointed.
       He is believed to have been on the group of directors who sealed Moyes' fate at a secret hotel meeting on Sunday night.
       It is reported that Ferguson will be asked to take a prominent role in deciding the appointment of their next manager......
       The merriment goes on unabated, bask and enjoy.

Stuey in plain English he would be called a traitor, talk about stabbing his mate in the back.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #193: Apr 23, 2014 08:58:06 am
      Was obviously never going to work out.

Almost everyone on this forum knew he was a terrible fit at United.  We wouldn't have had him.  I honestly do not understand the logic that Man United's board were employing.  The only positive thing I can say about Moyes is that I think he is a slightly better manager than Roy Hodgson.

Us getting Hodgson was a worse decision but there isn't much between it.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #194: Apr 23, 2014 09:17:36 am
      Stuey in plain English he would be called a traitor, talk about stabbing his mate in the back.

To be honest Billy I don't think he knows his arse from his elbow, I really think there are personal issues to be confronted here.
      On another level the conduct of the actual team is disgraceful, for whatever reason they decided that Moyes did not fit the their preferred profile of a manager and from all accounts were not shy about making their feelings known.
      When you consider the implications of that situation it could very well entail an affected role during play when a display of discontent with the
       manager and his methods would be magnified and it's effects exaggerated.
      The club's subsequent meteoric decline in less than a season has indeed sealed Moyes' fate.
      A very affected state of affairs and by no means a natural progression, then again whenever has that club qualified for anything other than those definitions? 
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #195: Apr 23, 2014 10:25:27 am
      Was obviously never going to work out.

Almost everyone on this forum knew he was a terrible fit at United.  We wouldn't have had him.  I honestly do not understand the logic that Man United's board were employing.  The only positive thing I can say about Moyes is that I think he is a slightly better manager than Roy Hodgson.

Us getting Hodgson was a worse decision but there isn't much between it.

The denominating factor in this F**k up fest is Ferguson, the logic or lack of in Moyes' appointment was greeted with a hidden mutual 'thank you lord' by the vast majority of the free world.
       The manc faithful in their illusion praised Ferguson and permeated the myth that the man was all knowing and had access to a mysterious elixir of footy knowledge; the nectar is of course the Scottish wine which does have some bearing on perception albeit the negative variety.
      It does seem that some are believing their own bullshit about Ferguson, for one reason or the other a notion of invincibility was fashioned about him when year after year he and the board of ManU (some of whom were placed on the FA panel) ruled the Premier league from it's concept.
       It has been said of course the lack of credible competition was of no small help and the only team that had prevented their ascension LFC, had taken the knock.

The culmination is we are where we are, the various affected forces that kept the mancs at the summit have evaporated and reality is biting with the cream rising to the top.
      One anomaly remains in the form of Ferguson and the interested parties know of no other way than to put their faith in an entity that gives an impression of unity, nobody is impressed. 

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #196: Apr 23, 2014 01:20:51 pm
      life is sweet this morning keep the filth coming out of Old Trafford. Who would go there with that lot of back stabbing bas**rds
      Tadders

• 6,767 posts | 570 
      Reply #197: Apr 23, 2014 01:40:56 pm
      Anyone other than Pep would be a disaster as well, at least for a season while he tries to work out what the F**k he has been left with....they have 1 world class player - De Gea. The rest are overpaid wankers....Rooney looks like he is one injury away from being 20 stone, RVP is made of glass....I could go on.
      It does show how good Fergie was though....F**k me he won the league with this lot.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4928 
      Reply #198: Apr 23, 2014 02:53:00 pm
      they have 1 world class player - De Gea.

Mata?

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #199: Apr 23, 2014 03:00:43 pm
      He had them punching well above their weight in all fairness , he had a terrible record against us though we seemed to bring out the worst in him for some reason or other . A bit like the manager in the waterboy .

So what has Martinez done then? If Moyes had them punching above their weight then Martinez has taken a fly weight and turned him into a super heavyweight ;-)
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #200: Apr 24, 2014 11:07:16 am

No more "Chosen One".

Electric Light Orchestra - It's Over

(Love this song by the way, so much so, time to rip a copy of "Out of the Blue" for the car)
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #201: Apr 24, 2014 03:59:46 pm
      The denominating factor in this f**k up fest is Ferguson, the logic or lack of in Moyes' appointment was greeted with a hidden mutual 'thank you lord' by the vast majority of the free world.
       The manc faithful in their illusion praised Ferguson and permeated the myth that the man was all knowing and had access to a mysterious elixir of footy knowledge; the nectar is of course the Scottish wine which does have some bearing on perception albeit the negative variety.
      It does seem that some are believing their own bullshit about Ferguson, for one reason or the other a notion of invincibility was fashioned about him when year after year he and the board of ManU (some of whom were placed on the FA panel) ruled the Premier league from it's concept.
       It has been said of course the lack of credible competition was of no small help and the only team that had prevented their ascension LFC, had taken the knock.

The culmination is we are where we are, the various affected forces that kept the mancs at the summit have evaporated and reality is biting with the cream rising to the top.
      One anomaly remains in the form of Ferguson and the interested parties know of no other way than to put their faith in an entity that gives an impression of unity, nobody is impressed. 
      Heard a version of conspiracy theory that SAF set up Moyes for this to make his own legacy look good.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #202: Apr 24, 2014 05:21:34 pm
      Heard a version of conspiracy theory that SAF set up Moyes for this to make his own legacy look good.

Why did he need to?  As much as he is a cunty bollocks of a man, his legacy as a great manager of his time is in place.  Just don't see a need for any kind of conspiracy. 
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #203: Apr 24, 2014 05:44:30 pm
      Why did he need to?  As much as he is a cunty bollocks of a man, his legacy as a great manager of his time is in place.  Just don't see a need for any kind of conspiracy. 

I must admit I was thinking along similar lines to ruthcity, but I think your counter argument is probably correct.
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #204: Apr 24, 2014 06:11:26 pm
      I think it was more to do with "He's lasted 11 years at Everton, I don't want my successor to be only short term option (a la mourinho), so that's who I want"

Problem is - he had such a fearsome hold on the place, that the moment he let go, the whole place began to fall apart

redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #205: Apr 24, 2014 10:14:28 pm
      Someone mentioned them out of the CL next season will cause them 70 mil a season, that's a lot a lot of money. Furthermore, they're debts laden and it won't be an easy fix. Need to service the debts, pay bank interest and funds to get new players. All these needs money. The nightmare has just begun. I foresee if they're out of the CL next season, they'll really be in deep deep trouble that they may never recover from. That could be the very reason Moyes was asked to go early as there's no guarantee Moyes will secure them CL football next season and old sulk knows that.

Talking of old sulk living behind a legacy and he could easily have started to cost them to crumble with one big mistake that he has made and most probably the most costly one. Old sulk has exceld in many things and he has tripped first time trying to identify a successor and  he will never beat our great Shankly and Paisley. Both had appointed successors that have gone on to become legends.

So, sir alex slur, you still lost at then end and that is one record that you will never beat. With that we've knocked you personally off your perch for good.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #206: Apr 25, 2014 01:18:35 am
      Someone mentioned them out of the CL next season will cause them 70 mil a season, that's a lot a lot of money. Furthermore, they're debts laden and it won't be an easy fix. Need to service the debts, pay bank interest and funds to get new players. All these needs money. The nightmare has just begun. I foresee if they're out of the CL next season, they'll really be in deep deep trouble that they may never recover from. That could be the very reason Moyes was asked to go early as there's no guarantee Moyes will secure them CL football next season and old sulk knows that.

Talking of old sulk living behind a legacy and he could easily have started to cost them to crumble with one big mistake that he has made and most probably the most costly one. Old sulk has exceld in many things and he has tripped first time trying to identify a successor and  he will never beat our great Shankly and Paisley. Both had appointed successors that have gone on to become legends.

So, sir alex slur, you still lost at then end and that is one record that you will never beat. With that we've knocked you personally off your perch for good.

I doubt anyone could get them top 4 next season looking at their squad to be fair. Even if they splunk a sh*t load on players they've still got to get used to playing together.

Quick Reply