Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Who would you like to sign now that we are back amongst Europe's elite

Read 43752 times
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,265 posts | 2827 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Re: Who would you like to sign now that we are back amongst Europe's elite
      Reply #23: Apr 21, 2014 10:58:46 pm
      Kompany, failing that Mats Hummels
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #24: Apr 21, 2014 10:59:28 pm
      Not sure some of these are entirely realistic.

Quite

Antoine Griezmann
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #25: Apr 22, 2014 05:21:44 am
      So we have a thread for throwing in unrealistic transfer targets?  :-\ Neuer, Pogba, I mean, common... like we are gonna spend 40mil on one player  :confused-smiley-013:

Ok, my shout for Ricardo Rodriguez
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #26: Apr 22, 2014 05:43:16 am
      Pixie Lott.
      Gabri
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 174 posts | 26 
      Reply #27: Apr 22, 2014 05:59:40 am
      David Luis
      Danny Alves
      Rodrigo
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,372 posts | 1030 
      Reply #28: Apr 22, 2014 07:03:57 am
      Reus and Shaw would be nice. Recall Suso, Reina, Wisdom and Borini and we have a squad who can challenge on all fronts.

TheShanklyGates
      • Forum Ian St John

• 438 posts |
      Reply #29: Apr 22, 2014 08:46:06 am
      If money wasn't an option then...

Goalkeepers: Thibaut Courtois,Marc Andre Ter-Stegen.
      2 world class keepers. Either one would be a great addition to the squad.

Defenders: Luke Shaw,Thiago Silva.
      Shaws a great talent as we all know and Silva is one of the best CBs in the world.

Midfielders: Thiago (Bayern) Paul Pogba,Ross Barkley.
      Thiago will one day be the best CM in the world. Its crazy how Barca let him away at all nevermind for so cheaply. Would never have thought of Pogba but great shout from some of you. Whatever you think about that lot there's no denying how good Barkley is and he would improve our squad.

Strikers: Zlatan Ibrahimovic,Marco Reus,Danny Ings or Sam Vokes,Jay Rodriguez,Diego Costa.
      In a perfect world I'd have Ibra but his ego annoys the sh*te out of me. Reus is one of the best strikers around,he would score for fun in the premiership. Ings and Vokes tore up the championship to help Burnley to promotion and I think theyll just be as good next year. We've all seen how good Rodriguez is and I would like to see him playing for us next season. Diego Costa,I'm surprised no one has mentioned him before. Amazing player and another one I think would score for fun over here. Looking forward to seeing him rip the chavs a new one in the CL.
      « Last Edit: Apr 22, 2014 02:37:36 pm by SuarezsRightFoot »
      FCGroningen
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 70 posts |
      Reply #30: Apr 22, 2014 11:49:34 am
      Arjen Robben
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #31: Apr 22, 2014 12:05:05 pm
      Dejan Lovren
      Luke Shaw
      Schneiderlin
      Adam Lallana
      Ramirez
      Rodriguez

What?
      Too many from one club?
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Reply #32: Apr 22, 2014 12:27:10 pm
      Ronaldinho
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #33: Apr 22, 2014 12:44:31 pm
      Lukasz Piszczek or Marcel Schmelzer from Dortmund: use to playing our style and experienced in Europe. Vermaelen as He is very good. Paulinho would be worth a punt. Dream player ... Marco Reus.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #34: Apr 22, 2014 01:00:01 pm
      Cracking shout mate Manuel Neuer is his name and easily the best keeper around.

My personal favourite would be Reus a godlike player who would enhance all our best attributes. There's merit in trying to fix what's most broken and that's without doubt our defence but I prefer to fight fire with fire and with an attack of:

Suarez
             Reus   Coutinho  Sterling
                 Henderson Gerrard
            Shaw Sakho Skrtel Coleman
                        Neuer

Subs: Mignolet, Flanno, Agger, Suso, Allen, Teixeira, Sturridge

I'd be happy going into the CL with that :lmao:

he is better than UTD Danish goalie who was a prize tw*t.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #35: Apr 22, 2014 01:06:40 pm
      he is better than UTD Danish goalie who was a prize tw*t.

I agree with you completely fella.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #36: Apr 22, 2014 01:40:49 pm

Hasn't Kroos only got 1 year left on his contract and is stalling? Would be a great addition I think.

I think Costa has some milage on him, I'd prefer a younger player like Reus.

add in a double swoop for shaw and llalana, maybe thiago silva. how about rekindling that old interest in arda turan? would be awesome.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #37: Apr 22, 2014 02:22:53 pm
      we have some players coming back from Loan spells so we need to look at them first because we will need 20 plus first teamers next season
      staffletop
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 679 posts | 29 
      Reply #38: Apr 22, 2014 08:08:24 pm
      Iker Muniain
      lefty1896
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,700 posts | 23 
      • He scores a goal and the kop goes wild...
      Reply #39: Apr 22, 2014 09:53:02 pm
      I'd quite like to get Muller or Bender maybe?

I want us to get the most technically gifted but also the best pressing midfielders in the world.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #40: Apr 22, 2014 10:20:34 pm
      Not sure some of these are entirely realistic.

Have to agree, this seems to have quickly turned into a 'it doesn't matter who they play for or how much they would cost' type of thread.

I don't think we will spend any truly big money myself, certainly not enough to get a player in the Fabregas or even the Kroos bracket.

Based on the type of money I think will be available I think the following would be a good shout.

Luis Muriel
      Will Hughes
      Arda Turan (he might be out of our range)
      Max Montoya
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #41: Apr 22, 2014 10:22:01 pm
      Have to agree, this seems to have quickly turned into a 'it doesn't matter who they play for or how much they would cost' type of thread.

I honestly thought that was the point Scott.

Just a bit of fun to kill time during the week.
      Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #42: Apr 22, 2014 10:22:39 pm
      we have some players coming back from Loan spells so we need to look at them first because we will need 20 plus first teamers next season

I'm certainly looking forward to young Suso returning in the summer, he will be like signing a new player. The only other who I think might have a chance is Andre Wisdom who has had a very good season at Derby.

I don't personally believe that Coates, Borini, Robinson, Coady or Assaidi will have a future at the club, especially now we have taken it up a level.
      Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #43: Apr 22, 2014 10:23:53 pm

In which case I'm with you mate, Paul Pogba all the way! Absolute beast of a player. Throw in Luke Shaw as well.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #44: Apr 22, 2014 10:23:56 pm

Pretty sure it was mate, we're going to have all Summer to dig through the realistic targets, for now I'm dreaming of that we put together and how not a team in Europe will get within 3 goals of us :D
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #45: Apr 22, 2014 10:27:19 pm
      In which case I'm with you mate, Paul Pogba all the way! Absolute beast of a player. Throw in Luke Shaw as well.

Mignolet

Johnson  Skrtel  Sakho  Flanagan

Gerrard

Pogba               Coutinho

Sterling

Suarez     Sturridge

How's that?

Poor for Hendo but if we only signed one player I think Pogba would be my choice.

Quick Reply