Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Who would you like to sign now that we are back amongst Europe's elite

Read 44272 times
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Re: Who would you like to sign now that we are back amongst Europe's elite
      Reply #161: May 06, 2014 11:00:52 pm

Only then? :laugh:
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #162: May 06, 2014 11:01:49 pm
      Hummells is one I really hope we go for

I like Hummels but opted to go for Papadopolus as he's a head case, I think even Skrtel would be scared of the fooker. :D
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #163: May 06, 2014 11:02:33 pm

Or Wedensday evening's at around 8pm when I go Rhubarb rubbing.
      Bier
      Reply #164: May 06, 2014 11:13:28 pm
      I like Hummels but opted to go for Papadopolus as he's a head case, I think even Skrtel would be scared of the fooker. :D

Dude's been mostly injured these past 2 seasons. Played like only 1 proper league game this season, and somehow still managed to get send off in that game with red. :P
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,374 posts | 1030 
      Reply #165: May 06, 2014 11:15:35 pm
      Think we've got enough intimidating CB's. Skrtel and Sakho are like members of 2 rival prison gangs. Maybe that's the problem with this CB partnership.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,480 posts | 2863 
      Reply #166: May 06, 2014 11:16:05 pm
      Fabianksi (think we'll give Mignolet another season so we need some proper backup since it looks like Reina's off)
      Hummels
      Clyne
      Ben Davies (can't see us competing for Shaw)
      Lallana
      Griezmann
      Morata

Think we need a CM as well, just can't think of one.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #167: May 06, 2014 11:19:24 pm
      Dude's been mostly injured these past 2 seasons. Played like only 1 proper league game this season, and somehow still managed to get send off in that game with red. :P

Yep, cause he's a head case :D

Seriously though, he comes across as a natural leader in the very few snippets I've seen of him, something that appears missing from our back line at the moment.
      Red5man
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #168: May 06, 2014 11:19:51 pm
      Yep, cause he's a head case :D

Seriously though, he comes across as a natural leader in the very few snippets I've seen of him, something that appears missing from our back line at the moment.

The lad can't even get on the pitch.

Can't imagine we'll even take a look at him.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #169: May 07, 2014 12:31:12 am
      Think we've got enough intimidating CB's. Skrtel and Sakho are like members of 2 rival prison gangs. Maybe that's the problem with this CB partnership.
      :lmao:

That seriously cracked me up
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #170: May 07, 2014 01:24:45 am
      GK Reina return, Jones sold.

CB  Papadopoulos, Llori return, Toure free transfer, Coates sold.

LB Criscito

RB Coleman

AM Barkley, Suso return

RW Konopylanka

CF Lukaku, Borini and Aspas sold.

How? I genuinely would like to know how people are watching the Ukrainian and Russian leagues enough to judge players.

Not criticising you but I actually want to know. I would watch the league too if I knew how apart from streams (and let's be honest...who sits down to watch a streamed match of a Russian league?).

Btw if he's playing just like he was back in Serie A then no I wouldn't touch him.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #171: May 07, 2014 09:10:13 am

Just trying to be realistic within a budget, I don't think we could expect to have an endless budget, if so I'd have put Shaw, that's why I also said sell Coates, Jones, Borini and Aspas and give Toure a free transfer, to free up more money and wages, forgot about Assiadi too he could go too.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #172: May 07, 2014 09:12:13 am
      The lad can't even get on the pitch.

Which is exactly the kind of signing we seem to look at at, Coutinho, Sturridge.

MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #173: May 07, 2014 09:21:59 am
      He's not even close to being the best CB in the prem. Wow.

Clearly his partnership with gary cahill is the best pairing in the prem. In MY opinion john Terry is the one who controls what the pair does. Cahill has the legs, terry has the knowledge.
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #174: May 07, 2014 11:17:33 am
      Which is exactly the kind of signing we seem to look at at, Coutinho, Sturridge.

Coutinho and Sturridge (for the most part) were out of favor with their manager. Not on broken legs.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,059 posts | 547 
      Reply #175: May 07, 2014 12:10:12 pm
      Paulinho. He's now had a year's experience in the prem, Spurs don't seem to want him, and that self-promoting numbskull Tim Sherwood's been happily talking down his value. Buy him before the world cup, while he's still cheap(ish). and before a new Spurs manager with decent taste in players comes in and decides to keep him.

Lallana.

A left back - Fabio Coentrao?

Bring back Borini, Ilori and Andre Wisdom.

Thats it.

Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,360 posts | 2877 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #176: May 07, 2014 01:00:02 pm
      Fabianksi (think we'll give Mignolet another season so we need some proper backup since it looks like Reina's off)
      Hummels
      Clyne
      Ben Davies (can't see us competing for Shaw)
      Lallana
      Griezmann
      Morata

Think we need a CM as well, just can't think of one.

Emre Can?
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #177: May 07, 2014 01:08:59 pm
      I would like Pepe back because we need 24 players of quality competing for the shirt. Another wide player who can score and create goals two fullbacks that can defend and attack not much really is it. I also do not want any more loan players like Moses if Barca want to loan us Messi then far enough but give the kids a chance before bringing in ANY player who isn't top top quality
      harrydunn08

• 5,927 posts | 968 
      Reply #178: May 07, 2014 01:59:34 pm
      I would like Pepe back because we need 24 players of quality competing for the shirt.

Would LOVE him back competing with Migs, but I just can't see it happening.... :(

Been mentioned by many, but if we signed Reus then we would be nigh on untouchable.  We'd have the most devastating attack in the world!!  I'd see us splash 40M on him in a heartbeat!! 
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,335 posts | 4960 
      Reply #179: May 07, 2014 02:10:54 pm
      Just readint his page and I think a couple of good shouts came up with whoever mentioned Ben Davies and Paulinho.

I've liked what I've seen of Davies this season and Paulinho could be that player for the Hendo role to give us proper competition and cover there.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #180: May 07, 2014 03:46:11 pm
      Would LOVE him back competing with Migs, but I just can't see it happening.... :(

Been mentioned by many, but if we signed Reus then we would be nigh on untouchable.  We'd have the most devastating attack in the world!!  I'd see us splash 40M on him in a heartbeat!! 
      Before we go spunking that amount on a single player " in which we wont " we need to be sorting out that defence of ours . Get in that Papadopolis fella from Schalke first .We need a nutter to bully the sh*te out of Forwards .

Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #181: May 07, 2014 05:15:30 pm
      Not gonna lie half the names I see people saying we should sign I have never heard of before in my life and believe me I watch a lot of footie.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #182: May 07, 2014 05:36:45 pm
      Ross Barkley, Christian Eriksen, Connor Wickham, Luke Shaw, Adam Lallana, Christian Tello.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #183: May 07, 2014 05:39:36 pm
      Not gonna lie half the names I see people saying we should sign I have never heard of before in my life and believe me I watch a lot of footie.
      What do you think of liam ying  :D

Quick Reply