Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Liverpool FC and Subway to partner

Read 12029 times
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Re: Liverpool FC and Subway to partner
      Reply #46: Apr 24, 2014 05:18:47 am
      I think I've actually eaten in a Subway store in Liverpool when I was there. I know I did in London, because there was one just around the corner near the hostel I was staying. I remember thinking that they used too much pepper there, in comparison to Brazil. But I like Subway as well, though as a vegetarian I don't have many options.
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      • Football is my religion. Steven Gerrard is my God.
      Reply #47: Apr 24, 2014 07:07:54 am

The funny side of it. ;)
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #48: Apr 24, 2014 08:57:46 am
      I love Subway. In fact, this has inspired me to go out and get Subway for dinner. In me Liverpool shirt. :~)
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #49: Apr 24, 2014 09:37:04 am
      I'd still like to know what though.
      The terms of the deal have not been disclosed. But ballpark annual revenue would be in the region of low to mid single digit range. We draw prespective from similar deals such as Mister Potato's three year c.£6m deal with the Mancs in 2011 which works out to approximately £2m a year. That was 2011 and with some inflationary increase say 50%, the deal could well be around £3m a year for us. And if Ian negotiates for a three to five year partnership, that's a £10m to £15m deal for you. These are just small partnership deals.

Kit and shirt sponsorship deals are the most lucrative. Our kit deal with Warrior is worth £25m a year. Gooners' new deal with Puma is worth £30m a year. Our Standard Chartered shirt deal rakes in about £20m a year.

Hope this helps.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #50: Apr 24, 2014 01:55:04 pm
      But I like Subway as well, though as a vegetarian I don't have many options.
      I don't do Subway and for some reason I had you pegged as someone who liked the beef  Diego but I would have thought there were more vegetable options and permutations than meat.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #51: Apr 24, 2014 01:56:27 pm
      I don't do Subway and for some reason I had you pegged as someone who liked the beef  Diego but I would have thought there were more vegetable options and permutations than meat.

Bit of a switch hitter eh? :D

bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #52: Apr 24, 2014 02:03:43 pm
      :lmao:

Oops.. I hadn't noticed how that would read.

I would change it to "meat" but that's not going to read right either. F**k it he'll get the gist.  >:D
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,297 posts | 764 
      Reply #53: Apr 24, 2014 02:36:23 pm
      They say there is no Substitute for the real thing. Although will have to give the place a go.
      DaktionLFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,084 posts | 84 
      Reply #54: Apr 24, 2014 04:02:53 pm
      going to subway again today
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #55: Apr 24, 2014 05:24:52 pm
      I think I've actually eaten in a Subway store in Liverpool when I was there. I know I did in London, because there was one just around the corner near the hostel I was staying. I remember thinking that they used too much pepper there, in comparison to Brazil. But I like Subway as well, though as a vegetarian I don't have many options.

You can get pretty good none-meant sandwiches at Subway. The Veggie Delite is one of my favorite Lenten sandwiches.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #56: Apr 24, 2014 07:21:17 pm
      You can get pretty good none-meant sandwiches at Subway. The Veggie Delite is one of my favorite Lenten sandwiches.

Probably in England, yes - I don't remember very well. Probably in the USA as well.
      In Brazil, though, there's only one option, called "Vegetarian" (very creative!) with cheese + vegetables, which is basically what every other sandwich have as default, but the others also have the addition of some kind of meat. There are no special vegetarian option here, but I guess there are more in other countries.
      Oldred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,230 posts | 87 
      Reply #57: Apr 24, 2014 09:31:46 pm
      The most important question is "will we be able to buy them at Anfield?"

It's about time they started selling something edible as opposed to overpriced cr*p.

How about a deal with Costa so we can buy something worth drinking?

Is this too much to ask - probably.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #58: Apr 24, 2014 10:20:18 pm
      What direct benefit in clear words does this give the club for player funds?
      Why should I get behind Subway when I'm a Liverpool fan and keep hearing about all these companies using our brand like we are a brothel.
      How is this beneficial to me a fan? Is this money being used to fund players?

BTW #I hope this doesn't turn out like an episode of Pawn stars where Subway used to blatantly product place segments in their show with them eating subways saying all great stuff about subway and filming  a whole scene at Subway.

Like on an interview in Melwood you see another player walk past eating some egg white healthy shitty pancake saying yea everyone should get down to Subway.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #59: Apr 24, 2014 11:16:04 pm

It's about time they started selling something edible as opposed to overpriced cr*p.

Tsk tsk, you a member of the prawn sandwich brigade?  ;)

If it's not Beef Tea and a soggy pie, it's not worth having at the match :)
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #60: Apr 25, 2014 08:43:35 am
      In Brazil, though, there's only one option, called "Vegetarian" (very creative!) with cheese + vegetables, which is basically what every other sandwich have as default, but the others also have the addition of some kind of meat.
      But as a vegetarian ain't that all you are looking. Sounds to me, young fella, that someone realises how delicious meat, in it's many forms, is and is missing it.  ;D

Put it this way a sandwich which contains only roast beef is way more tasty than a lettuce sandwich; crispy bacon more unctuous than cucumber.

Mmmm... Bacon

Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #61: Apr 25, 2014 09:07:09 am
      A man has four basic food groups

Red Meat
      White Meat
      Beer
      Potatoes

everything else is garnish :)
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #62: Apr 25, 2014 09:08:51 am

Costa coming to Anfield ? Thought he was headed to Stamford Bridge ....

Expensive for what it is.... both the coffee and the player
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #63: Apr 25, 2014 09:22:44 am
      Yeah Ms; I'd heard about that stuff they call salad but never seen it until recently. What the F**k is that all about? It turns out it's the stuff a proper farmer feeds to his animals.  :o

I guess I'm a pseudo vegetarian - I only eat animals that eat vegetables.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,974 posts | 3058 
      Reply #64: Apr 25, 2014 09:32:39 am
      I do not get the Subway phenomenon - my kids are crazy about it but it does nothing for me.

You can make a proper doorstep sandwich of your desire in the same time if you're so inclined......oh I'm having a carb lust moment now visions of voluptuous mustard laden roast beef/pork sandwiches as thick as my fist...

Back in the room!
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #65: Apr 25, 2014 09:42:19 am
      visions of voluptuous mustard laden roast beef/pork sandwiches as thick as my fist.
      Not sold on the mustard Scotia... I'm pretty sure it's a 'vegetable'.   >:D
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #66: Apr 25, 2014 09:50:31 am

Put it this way a sandwich which contains only roast beef is way more tasty than a lettuce sandwich; crispy bacon more unctuous than cucumber.

Mmmm... Bacon

The technical term for 'crispy' bacon is I understand streaky bacon and it is possible to accommodate the veggy fetish with the addition of a small fried tomato - as they say on Masterchef 'facking lavlee'.
      Do have a problem with the pig sections they call back bacon tho', you can almost hear the grunt as you masticate porky, unfortunately by some quirk of fate I am surrounded by people who eat only industrial sized pig segments.     

Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,974 posts | 3058 
      Reply #67: Apr 25, 2014 10:08:33 am
      Not sold on the mustard Scotia... I'm pretty sure it's a 'vegetable'.   >:D

No no it's just highly spiced hoof / trotter BBB. Won't upset the delicate balance of your "temple".
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #68: Apr 25, 2014 10:10:07 am
      What direct benefit in clear words does this give the club for player funds?
      Why should I get behind Subway when I'm a Liverpool fan and keep hearing about all these companies using our brand like we are a brothel.
      How is this beneficial to me a fan? Is this money being used to fund players?

BTW #I hope this doesn't turn out like an episode of Pawn stars where Subway used to blatantly product place segments in their show with them eating subways saying all great stuff about subway and filming  a whole scene at Subway.

Like on an interview in Melwood you see another player walk past eating some egg white healthy shitty pancake saying yea everyone should get down to Subway.
      The money contributes directly to revenue and revenue is used to pay operating costs and wages. What these sponsorship deals do is that it increases our club's global coverage and fan base. These will indirectly translate into TV and merchandising revenue. Top tier football clubs are after all running a global business. Gone are the days where clubs are just a football team. TV rights, sponsorship, fat player wages... familiar? Football has evolved.

Quick Reply