Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

Liverpool 2:1 Newcastle. In game & post match discussion.

Read 29083 times
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Re: Liverpool 2:1 Newcastle. In game & post match discussion.
      Reply #529: May 12, 2014 09:18:32 am
      I think Coutinho  should of started the match, having said that it was always going to be difficult to beat a 10 man defence. It was sad that the Ref disallowed the Suarez and Sterling goals. It would of been fitting for the Suarez goal to have stood, he showed true skill and vision the way he took the free kick. :kop5cf8koxp6:Well done the REDS for a fantastic season.
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #530: May 12, 2014 09:25:33 am
      We won

Good way to end the season
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,520 posts | 1509 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #531: May 12, 2014 10:44:47 am
      So why weren't Suarez, Sturridge, Sterling and Stevie on your list, because there are technically better players than them out there right now and as you said about replacing them, "why wouldn't we"
      I responded to your smartass reply with one of my own.

But to answer your question respectfully, because realistically they are very good players and in one case, a world class player, who have obviously added an extra dimension to our team. Because for the most part they have been called upon and not found wanting. They have proven their worth over the entire season. And because the chances of replacing them will be a lot more difficult and cost a lot more money than finding a replacement for Joe Allen. Come on, you and I know that so quit with the pointless arguing

I've been in some really good debates here over the years, but you just seem to get a kick out of banal superficial pointless bickering; and not just with me, with others too. I suggest if you have nothing constructive to add, please stop wasting my time and yours with pointless nit picking
      « Last Edit: May 12, 2014 11:54:01 am by Rush »
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,338 posts | 6390 
      Reply #532: May 12, 2014 02:42:02 pm
      I responded to your smartass reply with one of my own.

But to answer your question respectfully, because realistically they are very good players and in one case, a world class player, who have obviously added an extra dimension to our team. Because for the most part they have been called upon and not found wanting. They have proven their worth over the entire season. And because the chances of replacing them will be a lot more difficult and cost a lot more money than finding a replacement for Joe Allen. Come on, you and I know that so quit with the pointless arguing

I've been in some really good debates here over the years, but you just seem to get a kick out of banal superficial pointless bickering; and not just with me, with others too. I suggest if you have nothing constructive to add, please stop wasting my time and yours with pointless nit picking

You know what I'm tired of...the paint on this season is barely even dry and here you are slagging off players that worked their butts off and in Allen's case, played through and around injury to earn a way back into the starting lineup and he's played brilliantly for us when asked during our unbeaten streak. Yet you have the balls to turn right around and suggest that he should go. Not only is it a stupid assertion considering the way he's played and the fact that BR obviously loves him, but it's downright disrespectful to not even have the players out of the dressing room after the last game and already calling for people to be shipped out.

You don't like the way I've teed off on some people, too bad, I'm personally sick and tired of all of the posts slagging off this player and that player when we just finished 3 points from a title and 23 points better than last year. It's like we can't even just enjoy the season for one freaking day that we have to start these debates about who isn't good enough and who should we bring in. I like talking about incoming targets as much as the next person but all this talk of shipping people out in my opnion is foolish because we are going to need a big squad next year and some of the "cast offs" that people are so quick to identify are likely to be here and play a part next year.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #533: May 12, 2014 03:32:23 pm
      Never seen scenes around Anfield like yesterday pre match. There were thousands in the pubs and streets and the atmosphere was electric.
      Couldn't get into any of the pubs so ended up drinking cans outside the Sandon (even the wall was full)!

Unfortunately, most of our players didn't turn up in the first half and this spread inside the ground and it become a surreal atmosphere. In the end it was good to finish off with 3 points and capped what has been a fantastic season for us.

Think we saw the last of a numbers of players yesterday, Johnson included.

Have to say, always thought the Geordies were decent fans but after yesterday I've totally changed my view.

Cant wait for August and the return of the European nights!
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,520 posts | 1509 
      Reply #534: May 12, 2014 03:33:41 pm
      You know what I'm tired of...the paint on this season is barely even dry and here you are slagging off players that worked their butts off and in Allen's case, played through and around injury to earn a way back into the starting lineup and he's played brilliantly for us when asked during our unbeaten streak.
      One player; Allen, oh, and Johnson. But yes, one player - a player I even put a question mark by. Seriously, you're overacting a tad

Yet you have the balls to turn right around and suggest that he should go.
      Balls? Stop with the dramatics, I just said Allen and Johnson are not good enough. Shock! Horror! Supporter voices opinion on who he thinks is under performing this season! More drama for you.

Not only is it a stupid assertion considering the way he's played and the fact that BR obviously loves him, but it's downright disrespectful to not even have the players out of the dressing room after the last game and already calling for people to be shipped out.
      It's my opinion that he should go because I don't think he's up for it. You can wax lyrical and paint that up any way you want sunshine. End of day; it's my opinion that Allen isn't good enough to start for Liverpool Football Club week in week out. Oh, and Rodgers obviously loves him? What the absolute F**k has that got to do with my opinion that I think Allen can be improved upon? It's an opinion.

You don't like the way I've teed off on some people, too bad,
      I couldn't give a flying F**k how you've teed off against other people. I've just noticed you're a very argumentative person and believe you to be a total WUM who loves to nit pick and keep banging on simply because I voiced my opinion on a certain player. Where have you been hiding these last 100 years? Fans have been doing that since day 1 - and it won't change. I suggest you get a nice big dose of reality and perspective here.

I'm personally sick and tired of all of the posts slagging off this player and that player when we just finished 3 points from a title and 23 points better than last year.
      Perhaps if we had a player better than Allen we win it. Get it? Or are we not allowed to criticise players or even suggest they might not be good enough?

It's like we can't even just enjoy the season for one freaking day that we have to start these debates about who isn't good enough and who should we bring in.
      If you don't like fans on a forum giving their suggestion that this or that player is or isn't good enough for the team they support, might I suggest you kindly F**k off until you learn what this is really all about? Clue: people come to these forums to express their opinion. Wow, fancy that? And don't give me sh*t about the time period; there's no law that says when a person can air their views.

I like talking about incoming targets as much as the next person but all this talk of shipping people out in my opinion is foolish because we are going to need a big squad next year and some of the "cast offs" that people are so quick to identify are likely to be here and play a part next year.
      Well, what you like and don't like is about as important to me as a fart in a hurricane. You're willing to talk about incoming targets but don't like it when folk talk about out going players? Tough sh*t pal, it comes with the footballing territory
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #535: May 12, 2014 03:35:17 pm

:lmao: It's all become a bit too much for you hasn't it?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,338 posts | 6390 
      Reply #536: May 12, 2014 03:38:43 pm
      One player; Allen, oh, and Johnson. But yes, one player - a player I even put a question mark by. Seriously, you're overacting a tad
      Balls? Stop with the dramatics, I just said Allen and Johnson are not good enough. Shock! Horror! Supporter voices opinion on who he thinks is under performing this season! More drama for you.
      It's my opinion that he should go because I don't think he's up for it. You can wax lyrical and paint that up any way you want sunshine. End of day; it's my opinion that Allen isn't good enough to start for Liverpool Football Club week in week out. Oh, and Rodgers obviously loves him? What the absolute f**k has that got to do with my opinion that I think Allen can be improved upon? It's an opinion.
      I couldn't give a flying f**k how you've teed off against other people. I've just noticed you're a very argumentative person and believe you to be a total WUM who loves to nit pick and keep banging on simply because I voiced my opinion on a certain player. Where have you been hiding these last 100 years? Fans have been doing that since day 1 - and it won't change. I suggest you get a nice big dose of reality and perspective here.
      Perhaps if we had a player better than Allen we win it. Get it? Or are we not allowed to criticise players or even suggest they might not be good enough?
      If you don't like fans on a forum giving their suggestion that this or that player is or isn't good enough for the team they support, might I suggest you kindly f**k off until you learn what this is really all about? Clue: people come to these forums to express their opinion. Wow, fancy that? And don't give me sh*t about the time period; there's no law that says when a person can air their views.
      Well, what you like and don't like is about as important to me as a fart in a hurricane. You're willing to talk about incoming targets but don't like it when folk talk about out going players? Tough sh*t pal, it comes with the footballing territory

You've said your peace, hopefully you feel better now. It seems the stress of it all has come to bear on you pretty hard. Just remember, as you are bloviating about how I should act and react to things on this forum, maybe you should re-read your post, pretend it was written towards you and take some of your own advice. ;)
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,520 posts | 1509 
      Reply #537: May 12, 2014 03:46:40 pm
      You've said your peace, hopefully you feel better now. It seems the stress of it all has come to bear on you pretty hard. Just remember, as you are bloviating about how I should act and react to things on this forum, maybe you should re-read your post, pretend it was written towards you and take some of your own advice. ;)
      You know what, you really are first class tool. It's there for everyone to see and a few have even experienced your brand of....debating.

Bit of advice for you; stop making strawman arguments in your paper thin defence, stop with the hyperbole, and stick to reality. I've already wasted way too much time on you. I'd put you on ignore but you kind of amuse me.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,338 posts | 6390 
      Reply #538: May 12, 2014 03:51:50 pm
      You know what, you really are first class tool. It's there for everyone to see and a few have even experienced your brand of....debating.

Bit of advice for you; stop making strawman arguments in your paper thin defence, stop with the hyperbole, and stick to reality. I've already wasted way too much time on you. I'd put you on ignore but you kind of amuse me.

Glad to be of service.  xxxxx:action-smiley-065: :P
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,244 posts | 8576 
      Reply #539: May 12, 2014 03:52:09 pm
      Have to say, always thought the Geordies were decent fans but after yesterday I've totally changed my view.

Been acting like wankers ever since their dump of a city lost Capital of Culture to Liverpool.

Loved the atmosphere around the ground yesterday, proper party atmosphere, shame it went a bit subdued first half in the game, but it was always going to be like that.

Looked like the team were suffering with a bit of fatigue and and the general comedown from the Chelsea and Palace results, better second half and the sendings off and the goals livened the game up a bit more.

Roll on next season.

Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,520 posts | 1509 
      Reply #540: May 12, 2014 03:59:10 pm
      Been acting like wankers ever since their dump of a city lost Capital of Culture to Liverpool.

Loved the atmosphere around the ground yesterday, proper party atmosphere, shame it went a bit subdued first half in the game, but it was always going to be like that.

Looked like the team were suffering with a bit of fatigue and and the general comedown from the Chelsea and Palace results, better second half and the sendings off and the goals livened the game up a bit more.

Roll on next season.

Haven't seen you around here for a while, or I might have just missed your posts

Welcome back is it, or have I got that wrong?

Quick Reply