Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Liverpool fans should get behind Atletico

Read 13772 times
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Re: Liverpool fans should get behind Atletico
      Reply #69: May 01, 2014 12:28:23 am
      I'm not bothered at all if Ancelotti wins his third European Cup - it doesn't lessen Paisley's achievements at all. If he does, then I'm quite happy to see him as the man to equal Paisley - a decent honourable man importantly. Let's all be thankful it won't be Mourinho.

Of course, this doesn't mean I'm supporting Madrid - it's all about the underdogs, so fingers crossed for Simeone's team.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #70: May 01, 2014 08:32:05 am
      this growing obsession with Mourinho is a tad weird.

who gives a damn what happens to him or his team?  quite frankly I couldn't care less whether they win or lose unless they are playing us.

Let's focus on our own club. 
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #71: May 01, 2014 09:27:24 am
      this growing obsession with Mourinho is a tad weird.

who gives a damn what happens to him or his team?  quite frankly I couldn't care less whether they win or lose unless they are playing us.

Let's focus on our own club. 

The pr**k invokes ridicule as an automatic reaction to his unrestrained arrogance, to use the word obsession to describe anyone's attitude but Mourinho's is weird in itself.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #72: May 01, 2014 09:28:50 am
      The pr**k invokes ridicule as an automatic reaction to his unrestrained arrogance, to use the word obsession to describe anyone's attitude but Mourinho's is weird in itself.

he's irrelevant.

let's just focus on Palace.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #73: May 01, 2014 09:36:23 am

he's irrelevant.

let's just focus on Palace.

As irrelevant as the tactics he uses which for the good of football need highlighting and dismissing, Mourinho is a side show, a minor distraction and no theme direction is required.
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #74: May 01, 2014 12:13:16 pm
      New name for Maureen should be Stan Butler bit old for you youngsters but older posters will know who I mean.

I know whom you mean. On the Buses.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #75: May 01, 2014 08:46:50 pm
      As irrelevant as the tactics he uses which for the good of football need highlighting and dismissing

um... what is this, North Korea?  what exactly do you mean by "dismissing"?   "we only allow teams that play like us to play in the league!"?  would you like to outlaw parking the bus?  how would you go about doing that?  would it be against the rules to park the bus the whole game?  part of the game?  even a few minutes?!   do you forget that under Rafa we parked the bus a vast majority of the time?  how about a few weeks ago at Norwich, when they pulled one back and we parked the bus to hold onto our lead---would that be banned, too?

I mean come on.

So he parks the bus.   It's a tactic.   A valid one at that.  There is nothing that says football has to be played beautifully.  We have other tactics.  Atleti showed yesterday how to beat his tactics.  Wouldn't you rather beat him tactically than throw your toys out the pram and say "HEY NO FAIR WE DON'T LIKE YOUR TACTICS"?  I'd much rather just outwit him.  We didn't manage to do it this time around.  Atleti showed it can be done though.

so forget about him.  He's irrelevant.  As I said, focus on Palace.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #76: May 01, 2014 10:14:18 pm
      Nothing to do with his tactics Fed I mean we have done it plenty in the past with Rafa. I think what people detest about Mourinho is the hypocrisy of the man, the lack of class, his cretinous and odious behaviour, the unadulterated wankfest over him by our media and generally the con that he has inflicted over the plastics by convincing them that he is something special.
      All in all a huge bellend.

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #77: May 01, 2014 10:44:43 pm

um... what is this, North Korea?  what exactly do you mean by "dismissing"?   "we only allow teams that play like us to play in the league!"?  would you like to outlaw parking the bus?  how would you go about doing that?  would it be against the rules to park the bus the whole game?  part of the game?  even a few minutes?!   do you forget that under Rafa we parked the bus a vast majority of the time?  how about a few weeks ago at Norwich, when they pulled one back and we parked the bus to hold onto our lead---would that be banned, too?

You are content with his pain in the F***ing arse football - knock yaself out. Even the nobheads in their own yard are having second thoughts - let's see if Abramovic is as great a fan as you appear.

So he parks the bus.   It's a tactic.   A valid one at that.  There is nothing that says football has to be played beautifully.  We have other tactics.  Atleti showed yesterday how to beat his tactics.  Wouldn't you rather beat him tactically than throw your toys out the pram and say "HEY NO FAIR WE DON'T LIKE YOUR TACTICS"?  I'd much rather just outwit him.  We didn't manage to do it this time around.  Atleti showed it can be done though.

so forget about him.  He's irrelevant.  As I said, focus on Palace.

We don't have the means to address his negativity at this moment in time, we are weak width-wise which has been an ongoing issue for some, A. Madrid showed what happens when the faulted methods of Chelsea are addressed correctly.
      Mourinho's singular modus operandi is so predictable, boring and countered with ease if the opponent has the means of stretching the wall.

Most of your post is about Mourinho and his methods yet you're telling me to forget him. 

« Last Edit: May 02, 2014 12:39:39 pm by stuey »
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #78: May 12, 2014 06:41:26 pm
      Atleti have a very good chance in the league, nick a point at the Nou Camp and the title is theirs, can't see them winning the Champions League final though, think Real will win that.

Quick Reply