Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Adam Lallana (Southampton)

Read 123604 times
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Adam Lallana (Southampton)
      Apr 27, 2014 01:07:55 am
      It has been reported in The Mirror that we have joined Man Utd in the quest for Lallana's signature. It doesn't quote how much he could cost - although other sources suggest it would be approx. 20-25m - but the reported wage offering from us is £50,000 per week.

My first impression is that it probably wouldn't be enough to persuade him to join, of course our mentality would be: "well F**k him if he's only chasing the money" but considering United will have to throw money at every transfer, it wouldn't surprise me to see them offer him around £70,000.

Liverpool join Manchester United in transfer race to buy Adam Lallana from Southampton

Apr 26, 2014 23:00 By Tom Hopkinson

Rodgers is trying to beat Kop side's arch-rivals to the England midfielder by offering £50,000-a-week (and, y'know, Champions League football)

Liverpool have edged ahead of Manchester United in the race to land Southampton ace Adam Lallana in the close season, writes Tom Hopkinson in the Sunday People.

United are bidding to sign the Saints skipper and his team-mate Luke Shaw as they embark on a £200million rebuilding job.

But their Anfield arch-rivals' boss Brendan Rodgers has weighed in with an offer of a £50,000-a-week deal to the player.

Lallana, 25, has been superb all season in the No.10 role and, barring an injury, is nailed on to go to the World Cup with England this summer.

Such has been his progress this term that he is even pushing hard for a place in Roy Hodgson’s starting line-up in Brazil.

United are particularly keen to sign Lallana, as they face up to the prospect of losing Danny Welbeck - Arsenal have become the latest club to be linked with the unhappy Old Trafford hitman.

Sunday People Sport disclosed last week that the England star is one of the top targets for Spurs. And Everton boss Roberto Martinez was revealed in midweek to also be keen if Romelu Lukaku fails to return to Goodison Park next season.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-manchester-united-transfers-lallana-3463295
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Re: Adam Lallana (Southampton)
      Reply #1: Apr 27, 2014 02:51:08 am
      Guess he will have to decide between champions league or a few extra bucks.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #2: Apr 27, 2014 03:45:04 am
      Very good player.. but I suspect he will cost 25m+

Would much prefer us to spend the money on Firmino who younger and better than Lallana in my opinion.
      emsy28
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 545 posts | 12 
      Reply #3: Apr 27, 2014 06:17:53 am
      A bit steep for me that, don't see us going anywhere near that price to be honest but if we where I'd rather us go for Shaw instead of Lallana. Think Shaw would benafits the team more.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #4: Apr 27, 2014 11:08:18 am
      According to one of the rags 'LFC have beaten Man U to the signing of Southampton and England midfielder Adam Lallana, 25'.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #5: Apr 27, 2014 11:10:48 am
      Read this yesterday with a smile.

Make it happen.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #6: Apr 27, 2014 11:13:13 am
      Lallana to discuss future in summer

Link - http://www.espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1798311/adam-lallana-discuss-southampton-future-summer?cc=4716

IMO, IF we are really after him, we should look at wrapping this up on June 1 but that's gonna take some doing. 1) Competition 2) Saints' willingness to sell esp if the lad has a good World Cup, his price shoots up dramatically.

Caulker, Ben Davies rumors as well. BR is really planning a British core here. Think these 3 with Konoplyanka and a right back will make a good summer
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #7: Apr 27, 2014 12:44:09 pm
      Caulker, Ben Davies rumors as well. BR is really planning a British core here. Think these 3 with Konoplyanka and a right back will make a good summer

Not going to lie, I'm not a big fan of Caulker. Think there's better options out there. Would I drop Agger, Skrtel or Sakho for him? Most certainly not. I think that's the mentality we need and should have going into this window.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #8: Apr 27, 2014 01:24:58 pm
      Not going to lie, I'm not a big fan of Caulker. Think there's better options out there. Would I drop Agger, Skrtel or Sakho for him? Most certainly not. I think that's the mentality we need and should have going into this window.

Drop none of those. My guess is he would just go ahead of Toure in the pecking order. But shouldn't have brought this in a Lallana thread. My apologies
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,240 posts | 850 
      Reply #9: Apr 27, 2014 05:18:02 pm
      Quality player if we bring him in
      insideanfield
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 472 posts | 22 
      Reply #10: Apr 27, 2014 05:47:21 pm
      Mike Bernard @mikebernard_fsg  ·  12m
      One positive today was a new Liverpool signing was at Anfield to watch the match. The young Englishman has already agreed a 4 year contract.

Could be Adam Lallana perhaps.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #11: Apr 27, 2014 06:18:15 pm
      Mike Bernard @mikebernard_fsg  ·  12m
      One positive today was a new Liverpool signing was at Anfield to watch the match. The young Englishman has already agreed a 4 year contract.

Could be Adam Lallana perhaps.

Gotta be a fake account. 7 -- seven -- followers on Twitter. Not to mention just general fakiness.
      insideanfield
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 472 posts | 22 
      Reply #12: Apr 28, 2014 11:17:11 pm
      insideanfield
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 472 posts | 22 
      Reply #13: Apr 28, 2014 11:20:47 pm
      Mike Bernard @mikebernard_fsg  ·  Apr 13
      Two deals are all but sewn up but of course I cannot disclose the identity of these two players. However they are two for the first team.

Mike Bernard @mikebernard_fsg  ·  Apr 27

Mike Bernard @mikebernard_fsg  ·  18m
      Liverpool's new English signing was at the PFA Player of the Year Awards yesterday after watching the match against Chelsea at Anfield.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #14: Apr 28, 2014 11:28:05 pm
      Mike Bernard @mikebernard_fsg  ·  Apr 13
      Two deals are all but sewn up but of course I cannot disclose the identity of these two players. However they are two for the first team.

Mike Bernard @mikebernard_fsg  ·  Apr 27

Mike Bernard @mikebernard_fsg  ·  18m
      Liverpool's new English signing was at the PFA Player of the Year Awards yesterday after watching the match against Chelsea at Anfield.

That's as fake as Jordan's tits.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,654 posts | 3888 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #15: Apr 28, 2014 11:36:27 pm

I still would though.

Sign Lallana obviously.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #16: Apr 28, 2014 11:39:39 pm
      I still would though.

Sign Lallana obviously.

Oh yeah, me and you both, she'd like that, I'm damn sure of that!

Adam's female agent of course.

mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #17: Apr 29, 2014 01:05:18 am
      Adam Lallana wants Liverpool move despite interest from Chelsea and Manchester United

The winger is set to leave St Marys, with Liverpool in pole position for his signature, though Chelsea and Manchester United are also interested

Adam Lallana is set to become the first piece in Liverpool’s Champions League jigsaw next season.

The England midfielder – a boyhood Everton fan – has his heart set on a move to Anfield.

Chelsea and Manchester United have both targeted Lallana but the player is intent on a move to Merseyside, as Brendan Rodgers looks to add to his title challenging squad.

Liverpool believe they can land the 25-year-old for around £20million and that Southampton owner Katharina Liebherr is prepared to green light a sale.

And the Anfield outfit are ready to offer Lallana a four-year deal worth double his current £35,000-a-week wages.

Lallana has said nothing publicly about his intentions and has no wish to create any ill-will with the Saints fans after skippering the club he joined as a 12-year-old for the past two seasons.

The winger has been instrumental in Southampton's impressive form this season, which sees the Saints sitting pretty in 8th place in the Premier League table.

He has also made his England debut, and will hope to be in Roy Hodgson's squad for the World Cup in Brazil this summer.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-transfer-news-adam-lallana-3471827#ixzz30Dh82kF2

Just a bit more news on the Lallana front. Taking it with a pinch of salt but it's a rumour all the same.
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #18: Apr 29, 2014 02:16:05 am
      I like him a lot, if he desires to play for Liverpool over big bucks Chelsea and Man Utd, then he has the right attitude.

Sign him up I say. Having Brendan and his coaching skills is surely a pulling factor.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #19: Apr 29, 2014 02:37:39 am
      Adam Lallana wants Liverpool move despite interest from Chelsea and Manchester United

The winger is set to leave St Marys, with Liverpool in pole position for his signature, though Chelsea and Manchester United are also interested

Adam Lallana is set to become the first piece in Liverpool’s Champions League jigsaw next season.

The England midfielder – a boyhood Everton fan – has his heart set on a move to Anfield.

Chelsea and Manchester United have both targeted Lallana but the player is intent on a move to Merseyside, as Brendan Rodgers looks to add to his title challenging squad.

Liverpool believe they can land the 25-year-old for around £20million and that Southampton owner Katharina Liebherr is prepared to green light a sale.

And the Anfield outfit are ready to offer Lallana a four-year deal worth double his current £35,000-a-week wages.

Lallana has said nothing publicly about his intentions and has no wish to create any ill-will with the Saints fans after skippering the club he joined as a 12-year-old for the past two seasons.

The winger has been instrumental in Southampton's impressive form this season, which sees the Saints sitting pretty in 8th place in the Premier League table.

He has also made his England debut, and will hope to be in Roy Hodgson's squad for the World Cup in Brazil this summer.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-transfer-news-adam-lallana-3471827#ixzz30Dh82kF2

Just a bit more news on the Lallana front. Taking it with a pinch of salt but it's a rumour all the same.

So what I take from that article is that Lallana has said nothing of the sort but the Mirror reckon that's the case??
      They didn't even throw in the usual, "A source close to the player..."

I hope it's true anyway and career wise, we're the obvious choice of the three. At Chavski he'd be part of a bloated squad and would be benched or played in a deep position half of the time.
      He'd probably do well for the Mancs but he's at an age where he has earned a shot at CL football.
      We're in the CL and our style of play would definitely suit him, I think he'd continue to grow here.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #20: Apr 29, 2014 04:38:57 am
      Agree totally with the above post.
      The article states he is a winger. He ain't.
      That definition is unfair and wrong.
      I like him a lot as a player and as a character.
      Just hope that if we sign him that the transfer fee doesn't become a burden to him.
      He has progressed really well over the years with little pressure and a big club move for a big fee will either be the make or break of him.
      On a side note, any young player wanting to get game time and to develop and who is concerned more with enjoying his game above wages must finally see us as the proper destination for his future.
      Never understood or respected players potentially good players that went to city or Chelsea for this reason
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #21: Apr 29, 2014 06:08:25 am
      Suddenly, this is all over the internet for the past couple of days. If we are looking to wrap this up pretty early, then we are really showing ambition and also convey that we really can win a bidding war
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #22: Apr 29, 2014 07:27:20 am

Jordan has fake boobs?  :o

He hides them well under his shirt

Quick Reply