Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Everton vs Manchester City (Saturday, 3rd May 17:30)

Read 20030 times
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Everton vs Manchester City (Saturday, 3rd May 17:30)
      Apr 30, 2014 09:52:56 am
      With Evertons hope of securing Champions League football looking grim, it is in doubt whether they'll play this game to their full potential.

To add to that, they have a long list of injured first team players including Mirallas, Pienaar and Distan.

From browsing the Everton board last week, I came to the realisation that most of their fans want their team to lose so that City secure the title and not us. If ever I adopted such a mentality, I would ask someone to shoot me.

I am hoping Martinez pulls a few rabbits out of the bag this Saturday. They'll need a miracle to win given their form and position compared to City's.

I am not expecting our bitter neighbours to do us any favours but, if they keep their professionalism and play for the win, then anything is possible.

City are without Silva and Navas, but that will not trouble them.

If the bluenose do us a favour, I will write to Brendan Rodgers and persuade him to send Iago Aspas to them as a thank you gift. Do us a favour, and we'll do you a favour in return, bitters!
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Re: Everton vs Manchester City (Saturday, 3rd May 17:30)
      Reply #1: Apr 30, 2014 11:48:05 am
      C'mon Everton!
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #2: May 01, 2014 10:20:15 am
      With Evertons hope of securing Champions League football looking grim, it is in doubt whether they'll play this game to their full potential.

To add to that, they have a long list of injured first team players including Mirallas, Pienaar and Distan.

From browsing the Everton board last week, I came to the realisation that most of their fans want their team to lose so that City secure the title and not us. If ever I adopted such a mentality, I would ask someone to shoot me.

I am hoping Martinez pulls a few rabbits out of the bag this Saturday. They'll need a miracle to win given their form and position compared to City's.

I am not expecting our bitter neighbours to do us any favours but, if they keep their professionalism and play for the win, then anything is possible.

City are without Silva and Navas, but that will not trouble them.

If the bluenose do us a favour, I will write to Brendan Rodgers and persuade him to send Iago Aspas to them as a thank you gift. Do us a favour, and we'll do you a favour in return, bitters!

Sod the rabbits - I want him to bring out some large buses
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #3: May 01, 2014 01:08:46 pm
      This is weird isnt it  :)

Anyway, as we all know were needing a big favour here from our neighbours. A lot of there fans, the same ones who call themselves the peoples club etc, are hoping to see there team lose, even though theres still a chance they can get 4th, just to prevent us winning the league. Shi*houses.

However the manager is not a sh*thouse and Ive already posted a qoute from Leon Osman showing that the players arent going to be anything but professional. Make no mistake Everton will give this a go

However, they do hae an injury list. Piennar Gibson Kone Traore Oviedo and Mirallas all out. Baines is meant to be ok while Jagileka and Distin are training. The biggest loss could be Barry ( on loan from City). In saying all that city have a poor record at Goodison and Everton still have enough to get at least a point here, and thatll do us once we win our 2 games

For me Everton need to go 4-5-1 clsoe space for Toure and Silva and break from midfield when in possesion

Howard: Coleman Jagileka Alcaraz Baines: Deulefeou McCarthy Barkley Osman McGeady: Lukaku for me

Rare thing to say, think Ive really got behind them twice in cup games against utd and chelsea,I dont have it in for them at all due to herself being a blue so here it goes.....come on the toffees!!!   
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #4: May 01, 2014 02:36:21 pm

That it is.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #5: May 01, 2014 02:38:34 pm

That bit made me laugh I must say. Iago is that small you could just about fit him into a post box.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #6: May 01, 2014 03:22:35 pm
      Ill name my first son Everton if they win this* so come on Everton!!

*not really. But seriously, please win. Thanks.
      nikos
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 637 posts | 123 
      Reply #7: May 01, 2014 03:38:37 pm
      Is Mirallas out on Saturday?
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #8: May 01, 2014 04:04:23 pm

yes
      nikos
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 637 posts | 123 
      Reply #9: May 01, 2014 04:53:13 pm
      That's bad against Southampton he was really missing but let's trust Martinez he is resourceful he'll come up with some solution to fill in the gap.Thanks!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #10: May 01, 2014 05:51:22 pm
      That's bad against Southampton he was really missing but let's trust Martinez he is resourceful he'll come up with some solution to fill in the gap.Thanks!

They should have Jagielka and Distin back so that will hopefully tighten up their defence.
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #11: May 01, 2014 09:55:25 pm
      I have a feeling that it will be a 2-2 draw .
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #12: May 01, 2014 09:57:12 pm
      In Roberto we trust .  :f_tongueincheek:
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #13: May 01, 2014 10:14:05 pm
      I have a feeling that it will be a 2-2 draw .

Thinking something along the same fella. If the lads above are right and Distin/Jag are back for the bluenoses that will be a massive boost.

City have gotten off to some great starts recently, would love (obviously) Everton to take an early lead and see how they deal with the tension.
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #14: May 01, 2014 10:44:42 pm
      What hotel are city staying in? I think drastic measures are actually necessary now. Nothing too sinister though, just sufficient enough so that they can't perform well the next day. Anyone know the chefs at their next hotel stay?

Does anyone remember when all the tottenham players were food poisoned? Okay, that repeating such acts will probably make you lose your job but take the good with the bad, you have helped create history!

Ynwa
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #15: May 02, 2014 12:07:25 am
      I tell ya what, their fans are fvcking bitters, most of them want Citeh to win the fvcking mongrels.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #16: May 02, 2014 07:25:26 am
      What hotel are city staying in? I think drastic measures are actually necessary now. Nothing too sinister though, just sufficient enough so that they can't perform well the next day. Anyone know the chefs at their next hotel stay?

Does anyone remember when all the tottenham players were food poisoned? Okay, that repeating such acts will probably make you lose your job but take the good with the bad, you have helped create history!

Ynwa

Something as innocent as very loud music so they can't sleep!

But I don't endorse that behaviour*. If they win, they win. Fair and square.

*nor do I oppose it ;)
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #17: May 02, 2014 07:54:20 am
      I think the surprise package for City may not be the bitters but West Ham.

West Ham is more than capable of creating an upset here.
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #18: May 02, 2014 08:38:27 am
      I'm just fed up now of the wait... want some football played.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #19: May 02, 2014 08:40:26 am
      I think the surprise package for City may not be the bitters but West Ham.

West Ham is more than capable of creating an upset here.

If West Ham get anything from that match then City don't deserve the title. West Ham are woeful. Expect them to get flogged.

Although a 90th minute Joe Cole winner from a Downing cross and Carroll head down will suffice
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #20: May 02, 2014 08:53:05 am
      If West Ham get anything from that match then City don't deserve the title. West Ham are woeful. Expect them to get flogged.

Although a 90th minute Joe Cole winner from a Downing cross and Carroll head down will suffice

Suffice well mate to the point of being the dog's bollox.

shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #21: May 02, 2014 11:19:13 am
      Evetons forward line will be targeting Dimechelis who is a penalty waiting to happen that man plus Kompany will be suspect against the Toffees too.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #22: May 02, 2014 11:33:58 am
      An Everton match thread.

sh*t just got real.

Dons royal blue for the day.

Quick Reply