Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Everton vs Manchester City (Saturday, 3rd May 17:30)

Read 20200 times
      jabv
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,332 posts | 183 
      • backs Harvey Elliot's haircut
      Re: Everton vs Manchester City (Saturday, 3rd May 17:30)
      Reply #23: May 02, 2014 09:08:19 pm
      I tell ya what, their fans are fvcking bitters, most of them want Citeh to win the fvcking mongrels.

Just had a walk down their forums, and this is sadly true. I remember certain LFC games (can't remember exactly which) of which the result was directly related to MU's title chances, yet I don't think anyone here ever considered losing as an option. At least not as a general opinion.

They're even going as far as making really retarded excuses, talking about the "bigger picture" and all kinds of crazy stuff. One argument I saw is that if we won the league, we would be recognized worldwide as a better team than them, and they wouldn't be able to attract new players! I had a good laugh at that one, EVERYONE in the world already considers us the better team, whether we win the league or not!

I really expected a little more of class from their fans... they're quite bitter indeed.

Anyway, Martinez is a class act and he will send a team to winit, and I hope their players try to win it too. If they get as much as a tie, we will have no excuses to not win this title.
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #24: May 02, 2014 09:09:58 pm
      Thinking something along the same fella. If the lads above are right and Distin/Jag are back for the bluenoses that will be a massive boost.

City have gotten off to some great starts recently, would love (obviously) Everton to take an early lead and see how they deal with the tension.

City have a desperate time on Merseyside in recent years , i think this is Evertons last home game and they have a good record of winning them as well , i also think Villa will get  something out of them too .

bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #25: May 02, 2014 09:23:17 pm
      What is our next most important match? This one :) Will find some way to either watch or listen to this. If Shitty are going to drop points, only see it happening here. So BIG game for us.
      Think both sides on different gradients - unfortunately Everton down, City up. City have Toure and Aguero back. Everton miss Mirallas hugely.
      Thought Everton were lucky to beat Utd, Utd were crap. Lukaku was anonymous in the game. But Barkley is a class act, he looks to be starting to get back to fitness and form, so he might be able to inspire them to something. Stones will need big 'stones', and think Jagielka might be back, which would be good cause Alcaraz ain't great.
      Shitty seem to be getting stronger - brushed Palace aside, and I thought they might struggle there a bit. They got the early goal, hugely important (hopefully we can do the same when we play them). The looked resolute and sharp and never really looked like letting go of the 3 pts. But if Silva isn't playing, that's great news.
      F**k all games left now, so every one is important. Crunch weekend - after this, predicting results gets easier. This is where surprises need to happen...
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #26: May 03, 2014 12:17:20 am
      Not a single Everton fan whom I know and I've spoken to wants anything but 3 points versus City.   
      Road end boy
      • Forum Youth Player

• 22 posts |
      Reply #27: May 03, 2014 07:46:23 am
      I have had an everton clock up in my house for three years now. Why you may ask. the wifes dad passed away and he lived here , i didnt have the heart to pull it down. so, now i want payback from the blues. Also as a teen, when i was bored, i used to go to goodison , when the reds played away, to soak up the atmosphere, and see what was going on. Matchwise, i am a little worried, will the blues fans create a good enough atmosphere. But i think the team will be up for it, they just need to turn their form on.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #28: May 03, 2014 09:19:33 am
      Not a single Everton fan whom I know and I've spoken to wants anything but 3 points versus City.   

Me either

Beyond the oddbit of banter which part of it. Especially with the blues they all want to win

Wouldn't expect anything else
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #29: May 03, 2014 09:49:18 am
      This could be a wide open game until the very end.

A draw is no good to either side.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,972 posts | 3057 
      Reply #30: May 03, 2014 09:51:00 am
      Their best player, by a country mile in my opinion, is McCarthy and I think he'll be vital today closing down space for Silva and Toure.

People this season have talked about nicking Barkley off them but if left to me that's the one I'd want.

They will be getting our 100% support for as long as this one lasts - I expect them to approach it professionally and their fans will be right up for it. I actually rather liked Martinez's take on it the other day: -

"...if by winning we help our rivals to win something so be it...it'd be better than them winning without our help..."

Suggests pragmatism but also that he knows their place!
      emsy28
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 545 posts | 12 
      Reply #31: May 03, 2014 09:56:52 am
      Can see Everton getting turned over today, don't see them competing against Toure Silva and Aguero.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #32: May 03, 2014 10:11:57 am
      Not sure if this game will go our way or not but I'll be rooting for the bitters none the less  ;D
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,409 posts | 3406 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #33: May 03, 2014 10:37:56 am
      Not gonna watch the game, can't really face it..
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,348 posts | 2818 
      Reply #34: May 03, 2014 11:58:28 am
      Can see Everton getting turned over today, don't see them competing against Toure Silva and Aguero.

Silva's injured isn't he?
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #35: May 03, 2014 12:03:02 pm
      It's a shame Barry can't play because he's been doing a brilliant job for Everton this season. Been spreading play nicely and breaking up attacks effectively. I believe that Barkley will prove to be a very useful attacking threat against City's back line, as he's very quick, direct and powerful.

Their defence with Stones at the back can be got at, especially with City's attack. However, without Silva, City lack that intricate inside-the-box passing that got us twice. But they do have Aguero who can make something out of nothing. Very much a big-game player.

Everton have one of the best home forms in the League. City's away form isn't exactly glimmering.

Still, can see a score-draw here. 2-2.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #36: May 03, 2014 12:10:30 pm
      Their best player, by a country mile in my opinion, is McCarthy and I think he'll be vital today closing down space for Silva and Toure.

Cracking player and one I'd have liked in our squad.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,916 posts | 820 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #37: May 03, 2014 12:33:45 pm

His fit in time for the game. Just our luck.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #38: May 03, 2014 01:23:20 pm
      Can't see Everton winning now that City have Aguero back,  Everton are missing a couple of players and the last 5 games suggest that city's form is better. I draw wouldn't be impossible but it's slightly optimistic.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #39: May 03, 2014 01:32:36 pm
      Everton will draw tonight 2-2. Yaya Toure a double then sent off.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,972 posts | 3057 
      Reply #40: May 03, 2014 01:32:57 pm
      Cracking player and one I'd have liked in our squad.

Have to admit I was a bit disappointed we didn't have a sniff mate - he's got a bit of everything in his game Si. I guess Martinez had the inside track based on time together at Wigan.

And in fairness we haven't done too badly with what we've got..... ;D
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,497 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #41: May 03, 2014 01:45:31 pm
      This is horrible, horrendous, I'm all over the place with this. As Neville said, it's like having a choice between which guy to poke your wife - and you have to watch :mad:

COME ON EVERTON!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #42: May 03, 2014 01:48:40 pm
      This is horrible, horrendous, I'm all over the place with this. As Neville said, it's like having a choice between which guy to poke your wife - and you have to watch :mad:

COME ON EVERTON!

Not really.

It's like your worst enemy punching the guy who stole your bike in the face. You want your enemy to win that fight any day of the week.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,497 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #43: May 03, 2014 01:55:04 pm
      Not really.

It's like your worst enemy punching the guy who stole your bike in the face. You want your enemy to win that fight any day of the week.
      I just want this over.
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #44: May 03, 2014 03:03:02 pm
      If I were Everton I'd  :-

Avoid conceding a goal inside the 30 mins, frustrate City.
      Close down the space in midfield, mark Yaya tightly
      Try to to go for counter attacks
      Don't allow them the space around Everton's arc, that's where City becomes very dangerous with shots and through balls
      Put the ball inside City's box as often as possible, their defence tend to struggle at times.

A draw is possible here.

RedLFCBlood
      Reply #45: May 03, 2014 04:36:28 pm
      More nervous about this result than I have been about any of ours this season, I guess its because were relying on City to drop points, hope Everton can spoil their party tonight and at the very least snatch a draw.

Quick Reply