Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Brazil World Cup Squad

Read 3979 times
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Brazil World Cup Squad
      May 07, 2014 03:56:53 pm
      Luis Felipe Scolari has just confirmed the Brazilian squad for the World Cup. None of Lucas or Coutinho are part of it.

BRAZIL

Goalkeepers: Julio Cesar (Toronto FC), Jefferson (Botafogo), Victor (Atlético Mineiro)

Defenders: Daniel Alves (Barcelona), Maicon (Roma), Marcelo (Real Madrid), Maxwell (PSG), Thiago Silva (PSG), David Luiz (Chelsea), Henrique (Napoli), Dante (Bayern Munich)

Midfielders: Luiz Gustavo (Wolfsburg), Paulinho (Tottenham), Ramires (Chelsea), Fernandinho (Man City), Hernanes (Lazio), Oscar (Chelsea), William (Chelsea)

Forwards: Hulk (Zenit), Bernard (Shakhtar), Neymar (Barcelona), Jô (Atletico Mineiro), Fred (Fluminense)

Funny how all midfielders play in England, except for Hernanes and Luiz Gustavo. Any other confirmed squads so far?
      « Last Edit: May 14, 2014 12:50:17 pm by JD »
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Re: Confirmed squads for the World Cup 2014
      Reply #1: May 07, 2014 04:01:29 pm

Funny how all midfielders play in England, except for Hernanes. Any other confirmed squads so far?

And Gustavo at Wolfsburg?

Shame for Coutinho, but I didn't think Lucas would make it considering his injuries this year. However it is surprising to see Paulinho in there, who's had an average season at best with Spurs.

What do you make of your countrymen's squad Diego?
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #2: May 07, 2014 04:10:57 pm
      Yeah added Luiz Gustavo to my post later.

Paulinho has been average for Spurs but he was a very important part of the team that won the Confederations Cup last year, I was pretty sure he was going to make it, and probably will be a starter as well. Felipão tends to stick with what worked for him.

I am happy with this team, didn't expect anything too different. Think Felipe Luis deserved a chance instead of Maxwell, Miranda instead of Henrique, and definitely hoped to see Coutinho in the World Cup, but overall this is a very good side and most of these players were nearly certain to make the squad ages ago. The changes I would make would mostly be squad options, not starters, so I'm not overly critical of this selection (as opposed to what happened in 2010, when Dunga made some incredibly stupid decisions, such as calling Gilberto and Kleberson, two players way past their best).

I worry about our attack though. Fred was a goalscoring machine in the Confederations Cup, and when in form he is a deadly finisher, but he missed a lot of games due to injury last year and isn't in the same kind of form anymore. Jô is a decent option but hardly a world beater. Diego Costa would have been perfect for that central position, but he opted to play for Spain instead.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #3: May 07, 2014 04:42:58 pm
      How many of those Brazilians actually play in Brazil?
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #4: May 07, 2014 04:43:57 pm
      How many of those Brazilians actually play in Brazil?

Four. 2 goalkeepers (Jefferson, Victor) and 2 strikers (Fred, Jô).
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #5: May 07, 2014 04:50:14 pm
      Four. 2 goalkeepers (Jefferson, Victor) and 2 strikers (Fred, Jô).

That's terrible.

It would be interesting to how all the other teams compare to this.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #6: May 07, 2014 05:25:47 pm
      Even though he's definitely passed his best and MLS isn't a good league, for me it's so awesome seeing Julio Cesar play in North America.
      Red8
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 342 posts | 38 
      Reply #7: May 07, 2014 06:00:04 pm
      Beside Coutinho I miss Kaka. I think he could contribute whit his experience and also had quite good season at Milan
      « Last Edit: May 07, 2014 06:45:41 pm by Red8 »

Quick Reply