Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

New Queen Album (CD)

Read 1839 times
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      New Queen Album (CD)
      May 29, 2014 07:28:58 pm
      Brian May confirms new Queen album
      Brian May has revealed plans to release a new Queen album featuring previously unreleased tracks sung by Freddie Mercury.

The guitarist told BBC Radio Wales the album, called Queen Forever, will be a compilation record which will include the new material.

May said the songs were originally recorded in the 1980s, "when we were in full flight".

The album is expected to be released at the end of the year.

"I think people will enjoy it," May told Wynne Evans at the Hay Festival.

"With Freddie singing and all of us playing... they're quite beautiful. It's kind of the big, big ballad and the big, big epic sound."

May said he was able to recreate the band's old sound - despite the recordings being almost three decades old - thanks to modern sound editing software.

"We only had scraps, but knowing how it would've happened if we'd finished it then, I can sit there and make it happen, with modern technology."

We Will Rock You has toured the world and been seen by more than 18 million people
      May also revealed he had been working on a sequel to the hit Queen musical We Will Rock You, which is due to end its West End run on 31 May after 12 years.

Written by Ben Elton, the musician said the follow up was "very naughty" and "naughtier than the first one".

"We've already very secretly and quietly workshopped it, which means that you stand it up, you get people to sing and act it," he said.

"And everybody loved it, so we're looking for a theatre and we hope to have a sequel out there at some point.

"More than this I cannot say."
      http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-27601946

Can not freeking wait. I don't think Queen have made a bad song, so this should be fantastic.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Re: New Queen Album (CD)
      Reply #1: May 29, 2014 08:41:13 pm
      Brian May confirms new Queen album
      Brian May has revealed plans to release a new Queen album featuring previously unreleased tracks sung by Freddie Mercury.

The guitarist told BBC Radio Wales the album, called Queen Forever, will be a compilation record which will include the new material.

May said the songs were originally recorded in the 1980s, "when we were in full flight".

The album is expected to be released at the end of the year.

"I think people will enjoy it," May told Wynne Evans at the Hay Festival.

"With Freddie singing and all of us playing... they're quite beautiful. It's kind of the big, big ballad and the big, big epic sound."

May said he was able to recreate the band's old sound - despite the recordings being almost three decades old - thanks to modern sound editing software.

"We only had scraps, but knowing how it would've happened if we'd finished it then, I can sit there and make it happen, with modern technology."

We Will Rock You has toured the world and been seen by more than 18 million people
      May also revealed he had been working on a sequel to the hit Queen musical We Will Rock You, which is due to end its West End run on 31 May after 12 years.

Written by Ben Elton, the musician said the follow up was "very naughty" and "naughtier than the first one".

"We've already very secretly and quietly workshopped it, which means that you stand it up, you get people to sing and act it," he said.

"And everybody loved it, so we're looking for a theatre and we hope to have a sequel out there at some point.

"More than this I cannot say."
      http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-27601946

Can not freeking wait. I don't think Queen have made a bad song, so this should be fantastic.

You're not wrong there RP, top band and sorely missed !

Quick Reply