Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

The non-Liverpool Transfer/Gossip Thread: Summer 2014

Read 27279 times
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Re: The non-Liverpool Transfer/Gossip Thread: Summer 2014
      Reply #23: May 25, 2014 04:06:32 am
      PSG are a F***ing joke, I hope (but sincerely doubt) that EUFA grow some balls and eject that from the competition...
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #24: May 25, 2014 09:27:08 am
      ÂŁ50M for Luiz is laughable, made worse by the fact their coach was one of the most refined CBs of his day

I don't think Costa is the answer to Chelsea's prayers. Can't see him scoring barrel loads here.

Hazard next to leave the Chavs? What's going on at Chelsea?
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #25: May 31, 2014 12:14:23 am
      I guess Spurs can forget about signing Di Maria: “It hurts when you’re always doing your best for your club and then you hear that you might be going to Tottenham" :laugh:

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/real-madrids-angel-di-maria-it-hurts-to-be-linked-with-tottenham-9459134.html
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,226 posts | 6354 
      Reply #26: May 31, 2014 12:43:38 am
      I guess Spurs can forget about signing Di Maria: “It hurts when you’re always doing your best for your club and then you hear that you might be going to Tottenham" :laugh:

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/real-madrids-angel-di-maria-it-hurts-to-be-linked-with-tottenham-9459134.html

Wow :lmao:
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,144 posts | 4897 
      Reply #27: May 31, 2014 12:45:26 am
      Must admit that gave me a chuckle when I read it today.

I see Bale must have bigged Spurs up well durning his time at Real so far. ;D
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #28: May 31, 2014 12:46:42 am

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,684 posts | 6690 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #29: May 31, 2014 01:30:46 am
      Sucked in ya Spurs cu*ts.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #30: Jun 01, 2014 02:17:05 pm
      It's been taken out of context slightly but you have to laugh at it. F***ing spurs.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #31: Jun 01, 2014 02:21:18 pm
      Dancing Queen? ;D
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,226 posts | 6354 
      Reply #32: Jun 01, 2014 03:03:40 pm
      Fat Frank and David Villa apparently moving to NYFC. So Manchester City can't help but outspend everyone else even in another league (MLS)
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #33: Jun 01, 2014 04:52:32 pm
      I thought there was a salary cap in the MLS?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,144 posts | 4897 
      Reply #34: Jun 01, 2014 04:57:17 pm
      I thought there was a salary cap in the MLS?

I think each team is allowed one or two players outside the cap.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,226 posts | 6354 
      Reply #35: Jun 01, 2014 06:24:56 pm
      I think each team is allowed one or two players outside the cap.
      Yea there is some way that each team can designate one or maybe two players that don't count against the cap. That's how the Galaxy was able to sign Beckham for 200 jillion dollars.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #36: Jun 03, 2014 01:50:28 pm
      This made me laugh:
      Borussia Dortmund manager JĂźrgen Klopp has described their new recruit from Torino - Ciro Immobile, 24 - as a "real war machine". Tuttosport
      http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/gossip/

No doubt English fans would have a field day with that name.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #37: Jun 03, 2014 02:49:18 pm
      This made me laugh:http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/gossip/

No doubt English fans would have a field day with that name.

Hah indeed. Ironically, Immobile has some pretty decent pace about him. He developed into quite a good striker last season, scoring 20-odd goals, though that could be a one-season wonder for all we know.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #38: Jun 05, 2014 04:57:42 pm
       Spanish superstar David Villa confirmed for 10-game guest stint with Melbourne City in A-League

Spain’s all-time leading goalscorer will play 10 games during a guest stint for the club that is now officially known as Melbourne City in an incredible coup for Australian football.

Melbourne City, formerly known as Melbourne Heart, announced its much-anticipated name change on Thursday morning.

And the Manchester City-owned club has made its first huge splash in the market by luring Villa to town on loan from sister club New York City FC.

Villa said he was excited about the prospect of playing club football in Australia.

“It’s very good for me in every sense,” Villa said. “From a football point of view it’s the opportunity to play in a new league in a different country, and of course it will be ideal for me to get some competitive football in the period before the MLS season gets under way.

â€œI’m sure that playing for Melbourne City FC will be a marvellous experience.

“What I’ve always done throughout my career is do the best I possibly can. That is what I will do for Melbourne City FC in every game that I play for them.

“I’ll be giving everything for the team, just like I have with every club I’ve played for.”

Villa said he was looking forward to heading Down Under.

“It’s (Australia) somewhere I’ve never been lucky enough to visit, so if I do get the chance I’ll certainly be enjoying that wonderful opportunity.”

City’s head coach John van’t Schip said he was delighted Villa would be joining for part of the 2014-15 campaign.

“David Villa is still at the peak of his game; he is playing in his third World Cup in Brazil, has just won the Spanish league and is an instinctive and gifted striker who will contribute significantly to Melbourne City FC,” van’t Schip said.

“We are confident David will be an incredible asset to the playing group and his experiences in Europe and for his country will help our players not only on the pitch, but in training as well”, he added.

City Group chief executive Ferran Soriano said the Villa signing was a proud moment.

“The sports fans of Melbourne can look forward to seeing one of the best players in world football representing their city when David brings his rare talents to AAMI Park later this year,” Soriano said.

FFA CEO David Gallop described the signing as “exciting news”.

“The presence of some of the world’s finest footballers in our competition, including a player like David coming straight from the World Cup, is an attractive prospect for spectators that further enhances the value of our game,” he said.

New York, which will make its Major League Soccer debut next season, announced Villa, 32, as its inaugural signing this week.

But with the 2015 American season not commencing until March, Villa will come to Melbourne in order to maintain match fitness, as was suggested by the Herald Sun on Saturday.

He is likely to be available from the October kick-off of the 2014-15 A-League season and will have played his quota of games by the time the competition goes into recess for January’s Asian Cup, to be hosted by Australia.

A-League clubs are permitted to sign one guest player per season for a maximum of 10 games.

The player, who must be of high promotional value to the league, will have his wages paid outside the $2.55 million salary cap.

Villa’s acquisition does not preclude City from signing an international marquee player.

Although his stay will be brief, the Spaniard’s signing will surely go down as the biggest in the 10-year history of the A-League, arguably eclipsing that of Italian megastar Alessandro Del Piero.

The striker has scored 56 goals in 94 games for Spain, including five in his country’s 2010 World Cup-winning campaign, and may line up for the Spaniards against the Socceroos in Brazil on June 24.

That he might line up against the country where he will be residing was not lost on Villa.

“We’ve been drawn together in the same group and it’s going to be a difficult game for us. Australia will want to make things as hard as they possible can for an opponent like Spain, especially with being at a tournament like the World Cup. So I’m sure it won’t be an easy encounter for us, far from it.”

Villa scored 15 goals in 47 games for La Liga winners Atletico Madrid in 2013-14, playing in the European Champions League final defeat to Real Madrid in his first season since moving from Barcelona.

While playing for the Catalan club, he scored in the 3-1 Champions League final win over Manchester United in 2011, won two La Liga titles and a Club World Cup.

Heart, in its former guise, was formed in 2009 and has taken part in four A-League campaigns, making the finals for the first and only time in 2011-12.

The City Group announced its takeover of the club on January 23 for a fee of about $11 million.

It has long been speculated the club would change its name in time for the new season.

The club’s new home kit will be mainly white with blue stripe trim and the away kit will be red and white vertical stripes, like Heart’s old home kit.

Melbourne City will play its first game as a newly named club in the first-ever FFA Cup, a knockout competition based on England’s FA Cup, in early August.

Villa will not be available to play in that game as he will go on holidays after his international commitments with Spain conclude after the World Cup.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/football/spanish-superstar-david-villa-confirmed-for-10game-guest-stint-with-melbourne-city-in-aleague/story-fnk6rldh-1226944133920

If Perth Glory weren't a bunch of cu*ts I'd probably go see him play if one of the 10 games were over here.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #39: Jun 05, 2014 06:13:26 pm
      How does Philipe Senderos do it? Arsenal to Fulham to Valencia to Villa? What do these managers see in him he's shocking
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #40: Jun 05, 2014 06:37:15 pm
      Can't believe David Villa, still more than capable of playing at the highest level. Surely gone for the money?!
      Red8
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 342 posts | 38 
      Reply #41: Jun 05, 2014 07:20:21 pm
      They made him an offer he couldn't refuse  ;D
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #42: Jun 06, 2014 04:16:51 am
      Can't believe David Villa, still more than capable of playing at the highest level. Surely gone for the money?!

Gone to New York City, so definitely for the cash... real shame that.

He's not quite at his peak anymore, but he'll score 50goals in the US+A-League combined next season
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #43: Jun 10, 2014 01:48:11 pm
      That Fernando Reges from Porto is suppose to be joining Man city for 16m, isn't he suppose to be a beast of a midfielder?
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #44: Jun 10, 2014 01:53:20 pm
      That Fernando Reges from Porto is suppose to be joining Man city for 16m, isn't he suppose to be a beast of a midfielder?

They've needed a decent back up for Fernandinho that's for sure.
      Red5man
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #45: Jun 10, 2014 01:54:43 pm

Very physical and strong holding midfielder. Very limited other wise. Man City a perfect fit for him as he will only have to pass 10 yards to Silva or Yaya to start the attack

Quick Reply