Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

Fabio Borini (Sunderland/QPR)

Read 73410 times
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Re: Fabio Borini (Sunderland/QPR)
      Reply #943: Sep 04, 2014 07:25:42 am
      fabio borini ā€@borinifabio29  1m
      Read this article from @Knox_Harrington ! He red my mind! Thank you...

THE CURIOUS CASE OF FABIO BORINI
      by Neil Atkinson // 3 September 2014

THE REPORTS are as follows: QPR agreed a fee with Liverpool for Fabio Borini that is approximately ten million pounds. They offered him a salary in the vicinity of double his current money. This was rejected. Borini has said to QPR that it would take triple his money and, crucially, a clause which allows him to move for less than ten million pounds next summer for him to be interested in the move. Both those things.

Earlier in the window, after what I would argue was a moderately successful loan move, Sunderland made it clear they thought it successful enough to offer fourteen million pounds for Boriniā€™s signature, yet Borini didnā€™t seem to entertain this offer.

Letā€™s accept the reports because it is these reports which have led to Borini getting down the banks.
      In short, this seems clear ā€“ Fabio Borini doesnā€™t want to play for Queens Park Rangers. Heā€™d do so if:
      1. He got crazy money.
      2. He could see how he could leave at the end of the season to then go and play for someone else.

Further, Fabio Borini doesnā€™t want to return to Sunderland. He went there last season. Did well. But perhaps he believes it to be a dead end. Heā€™d have a case to think that. He did well, we can all agree he did well, their supporters were massive fans of his, he showed huge commitment and scored goals in big games but now, after that season, his only offers are Sunderland and QPR.

In terms of usual conversations about footballers, thereā€™s a complexity here, perhaps an uncomfortable one. Fabio Borini clearly isnā€™t motivated solely by money but from reports we can accept we can see he would allow himself to be consoled by it for twelve months. He clearly sees QPR as nothing more than a stepping stone in his career and as a stepping stone heā€™d like to feel he can more easily step off as quickly as possible. If he was solely motivated by money then he accepts the highest bidder and goes.

There are other reports, other rumours. Borini is supposed to like Liverpool. He has a life here that he enjoys. He may well also think he can break into Liverpoolā€™s set up. There are precedents for that. A long season beckons and Liverpool suddenly look a lot better playing two forwards and the third on the list, Lambert, looks short of the pace required to play in this Liverpool side. Other reports suggest heā€™d like to go back to Italy. Getting back to Italy when clubs in England will pay over ten million pounds for you is hard. Only five transfer fees over eight figures were paid in Italy this summer.

Borini has also never been settled ā€“ heā€™s 23 and he has played senior games for five different clubs. It wouldnā€™t be unlikely if heā€™d like his next move to be one he can properly get behind. A club to settle at. Sunderland was sold to him as a springboard and he doesnā€™t want QPR to become a prison. His next move could define his career. The next four year deal he signs takes him through to 27.

All this is very human. We are, as humans, motivated by a variety of factors in our career. We can, if given the opportunity, be motivated by material gain, by career progression, by location. Some of us donā€™t get that opportunity, we arenā€™t fortunate enough to be put in that position. But those of us who are trade off one motivation for another constantly. We may place money at the centre of our career, we may trade off short term gain for long term gain, we may choose location over salary or we may embark on a difficult path we believe to be eventually rewarding. Thereā€™s no definitive right answer. Everyoneā€™s circumstances are different and different choices suit different people.

However, coverage and discussion of Borini is exceptionally negative. Borini gets slaughtered as greedy and/or delusional. His decision unfathomable. His demands unreasonable. People are ā€œdisappointed in him.ā€ Disappointed in what exactly? That Liverpool Football Club didnā€™t receive fourteen million? Well they werenā€™t going to reduce the ticket prices using that money. (By the way, if they did it would be 14,000,000 / 19 / 45000 which is 16 quid off a game). That money isnā€™t getting taken from you. What are we disappointed in? That a young man chose to stay at a football club for the next four months. He would definitely play more for Sunderland or Queens Park Rangers than he will at Liverpool. We can all agree on that. But what happens next for him?

A lot of this is about what the gap between the top seven and the rest actually means. Wilfried Bony scored sixteen league goals last season. Heā€™s a good player. He remains at Swansea City. Liverpool, Arsenal, Manchester United, Chelsea and Everton have all signed centre forwards, he has a release clause, yet he remains at Swansea City. How many league goals would he have to score to get a move? How many can he and Swansea City score? Swansea scored fifty four goals in the league last season ā€“ the most scored by a side outside the top seven. Bony contributed almost a third of them. If he wants to play for a bigger club ā€“ and possibly he doesnā€™t ā€“ what does he have to do? What is possible for him to do? His only option is to do it again.

Borini is at a top seven club ā€“ heā€™s at a top three club ā€“ and if he moves from this top seven club then when does he next get his chance? Maybe never? Probably never. So why throw it away for Queens Park Rangers? And if he does choose to throw it away why not ensure that he gets weighed in for it? If you are going to sell out your dreams, how much do you sell them for?

Lastly, then, the question becomes ā€œshould he accept his level is Sunderland?ā€ Perhaps he should. They are one of this countryā€™s great historic clubs with a marvellous fanbase. Perhaps he should accept the most he can be is a big fish at that sized pond. However it might be that heā€™d rather be any size fish back in a Serie A or La Liga sized pond but knows that a move to Sunderland or Queens Park Rangers without any clause allowing a reasonable, effective transfer fee sees him stuck in a location he doesnā€™t want to be in having simultaneously abandoned his ambition.

The real life financial existence of elite footballers is something we canā€™t really appreciate. Their lives are, in comparison to ours, gilded. They should never have to worry about money. Few of lifeā€™s luxuries should be out of reach for them. That doesnā€™t equal happiness though; donā€™t get me wrong, it can make happiness a hell of a lot easier, but it doesnā€™t mean they will always be happy in their work. We know enough about their lives to know that by now. Playing football is brilliant. I can only imagine being brilliant at playing football is brilliant squared. It being your job is brilliant cubed. But if youā€™ve made playing football your job the idea you should be entirely subject to its whims reduces you simply to that occupation and to exterior perceptions of it.

To say heā€™s rubbish, heā€™s delusional, heā€™s taking Liverpool for a ride is disrespectful, not simply to him as a footballer but to him as a human on a career path. It demeans him not to respect his decision to expect Liverpool to honour a contract they agreed with him and it demeans him further to reduce his life options to two job offers and call him greedy for not choosing to go to either despite both offering to double his money. The tone of the discussion around Borini reduces all parties ā€“ footballers, football journalists and football supporters to judgemental, money-obsessed, nosey parkers, when instead heā€™s being what he is ā€“ a 23 year old lad with a career choice. He might make the right one, he might make the wrong one. Letā€™s not rush to crucify over whatā€™s a complicated situation. We say we want our footballers to be more human. Here Fabio Borini, semi-incomprehensible tweet and all, is in a very human situation. He isnā€™t lucky enough to be Falcao, few of us are in our chosen profession, so he has to get on with being Fabio Borini. It isnā€™t as easy as we make it out to be.

http://www.theanfieldwrap.com/2014/09/curious-case-fabio-borini/
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #944: Sep 04, 2014 07:52:09 am
      The problem is, Borini has a delusional, inflated view of his own abilities. 

Sunderland and QPR are about his level.

Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #945: Sep 04, 2014 08:39:18 am
      why would you move to QPR or Sunderland if you're a kid who's made it at the best club in the world? don't give me any of this "first team football" bullshit, you have to work your way into any squad, whether its Liverpool or Ludogorens. don't give me any of this "he'll be fourth choice" bullshit, you're not nostradamus.

why haven't we learned by now that options > lack of options?
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #946: Sep 04, 2014 08:51:42 am
      The problem is, Borini has a delusional, inflated view of his own abilities. 

Sunderland and QPR are about his level.

If anyone questioned your intelligence, this post hopefully highlights your inability to think outside the delusional and egotistical cyber-world you live (I say "cyber-world" because i don't know you in real life, and I sincerely hope you have created an alter-ego purely for your enjoyment on the internet otherwise I sincerely worry for your well-being).

He played at Roma, he played for the Italian national team and he was signed by Liverpool. Does this suggest his level is a bottom half team struggling for survival? People with greater knowledge than yourself have seen Borini to be a good footballer, and he has faith in himself also. So when these successful institutions acquire his talent, does that mean he is "delusional" and has an "inflated view of his own abilities"? No. He is only as good as those around him tell him.

If you worked your life to be at this level, would you give it up so easily? He moved abroad from a very young age to England to make it to the highest level, he had relative success in the Championship and then earned a transfer to a big Italian club and eventually made his debut for the national team. He then earns a move to Liverpool and a season later is loaned out to get more football after a season of injury. He saw the practicality of the loan move but never envisioned himself to stay at that level because he was told and shown his abilities are enough to perform at the highest level.

I may or may not agree with him and have as much faith in his ability as others do, but I for damn sure cannot see how anyone logical can claim he is delusional when he is simply going off the actions of people in important positions judging him to be beyond the level of QPR and Sunderland.

Couple that with his lack of opportunities here and you can see why he is not going to give this up so easily.

His actions highlight a very good personality attribute - determination and confidence. Give me a determine and confident player with less ability than a lazy, arrogant player who rarely shows their superior talents any day of the week. 
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #947: Sep 04, 2014 09:32:32 am
      People with greater knowledge than yourself have seen Borini to be a good footballer, and he has faith in himself also.

Those people with greater knowledge clearly *don't* have faith in him any longer.  Otherwise we wouldn't be hearing about this fiasco in the first place.  Chelsea didn't want him.  Roma didn't put up a huge fuss when he left.  And now even Rodgers, who Borini said once was like a father figure, has decided he's not good enough.  Is that all just... chance?  random coincidence?  you want to trust Rodgers when he has faith in Borini, but when he no longer does, you don't want to trust him anymore.  Huh?

He played at Roma, he played for the Italian national team and he was signed by Liverpool.

Aquilani played for Roma (and Juve), played for the Italian national team, and was signed by Liverpool.  Does that mean that he was actually good enough for us? 

First of all, the last time Borini played for the Italian national team was more than 2 years ago.  he didn't even make the squad for the World Cup this year.  Secondly, playing for big clubs and your national team means very little.  Babel played for a big club and the Dutch national team, should we have kept him around?  F***ing hell, Fred plays (and starts!) for the Brazilian national team, I suppose he's a worldbeater, eh?

So what is the greater likelihood?  that despite not even being wanted by RODGERS HIMSELF, despite bumping around from club to club, despite not one single big club being in for him at what would be a cutrate fee for a player of supposedly such high quality---despite all this, he is really a fantastic footballer? 

Let me offer you an alternative possibility.  He showed some promise years ago when he first started to make the first team squads at his old clubs.  But the promise ended up fizzling out.  He worked very hard and people took a liking to him because of it.  But his lack of pace, inability to show any kind of technique, limited finishing ability, etc, meant that he wore out his welcome because those big clubs need more than just hard work, they need consistent quality as well.  So, there was no great fuss when he was kicked to the curb by his clubs, because they really didn't see much in him anyway.

And that's where we are right now.  Rodgers brought him and Allen in right away when he first joined in 2012.  Those were his buddy-buddy signings like all managers try to do when they go somewhere.  Rodgers in the last 2 years has become a top class manager however, and has seen that Borini isn't good enough for a club like ours.  And so Rodgers---who has the final say on all transfers---accepted getting rid of Borini.

That is the situation.  Your suggestion that he must be good otherwise he wouldn't have been called up (once) to the Italy national team and wouldn't have played for big clubs makes no sense.  I'm sure you yourself can think of plenty of players who play/ed at big clubs and made their national team and were awful.  There is no causal connection necessarily between the two.  Take Coutinho, for example, who was better than half of the players in his national team at the World Cup, but didn't even make the squad, let alone the team.  I suppose he's just not that good, eh?   Of course not, it has no bearing whatsoever. 

You have seen Borini each time he has played for us.  Your own eyes should tell you the story.  If you see a player who isn't very good, then believe it, don't say "wait, I must be going blind, I see here he has played for a big club and his national team---he must actually be great!"

His actions highlight a very good personality attribute - determination and confidence. Give me a determine and confident player with less ability than a lazy, arrogant player who rarely shows their superior talents any day of the week.

This is what we call a strawman argument.  There was no situation whereby Borini was weighed up against some hypothetical lazy, arrogant player who would have been fourth choice.  It was either sell Borini, or keep him.

At any rate, you have hit the nail on the head here---the way Rodgers is trying to build the squad, you have to have BOTH---workrate and dedication AND quality and talent.  One is no longer good enough.  Borini has the former but not the latter.  Players like Sterling, Sturridge etc, have both. 

That's why Borini is on the verge of being frozen out by the manager who he likened to being a father.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #948: Sep 04, 2014 09:47:55 am
      Did Borini run over your cat or run away with your GF? why is his staying at the club ruining your life, your obsessed with this issue, get a grip man and a life......
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #949: Sep 04, 2014 09:55:58 am
      In fairness I've been one of Fabio's biggest supporters and am no fan of Feds somewhat obsessive posting style, but he is hard to argue with on this one. I think he's right and it's looking like at this stage Borini's level IS lower half of the Premiersip. That is if he wishes to get a game anyway, clearly he is some way away from getting a start for us and you'd probably have to go down as far as Sunderland before you could say hand on heart that he'd be a regular starter.

Of course he may improve and get back up there (it's possible but I now personally think it's unlikely), but in the meantime Fed's right, +1.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #950: Sep 04, 2014 01:49:00 pm
      In fairness I've been one of Fabio's biggest supporters and am no fan of Feds somewhat obsessive posting style, but he is hard to argue with on this one. I think he's right and it's looking like at this stage Borini's level IS lower half of the Premiersip. That is if he wishes to get a game anyway, clearly he is some way away from getting a start for us and you'd probably have to go down as far as Sunderland before you could say hand on heart that he'd be a regular starter.

Of course he may improve and get back up there (it's possible but I now personally think it's unlikely), but in the meantime Fed's right, +1.

I think he'll be gone back to Italy soon enough.
      Can see the logic in differentiating between a loan and a permanent move to Sunderland or QPR.
      There were some rumours on a move back to Italy, but only if the buying clubs could get a player out first.

Given we are playing two up top, I'd say Borini fancies his chances of some games in Europe this season.
      Who the F**k would blame him.

Ultimately though I don't think he'll do a Hendo.
      I think he'll hold on until he can get back to Italy.
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #951: Sep 04, 2014 03:32:30 pm
      I honestly believe that circumstance (injuries ect,) never allowed us to see enough of him to draw a football based conclusion... Definitely not enough for me to say he's isn't Lfc quality.. IMO, we've not had to rely on him enough to actually see how good or bad he is.. Its weird because at this stage I'm still neutral so, I personally can't deliver any negativity towards him for wanting to stay and scrap it out...
      Its also impossible for me to ignore the fact that he had one of the most dangerous pairing in world football to dislodge..lolol.. WDF?!?! What worldy player would it of taken for Brendan to break that partnership?.

He doesn't deserve the recent criticism of late with regards to staying imo AND, he's still a Liverpool player, so I won't be bitching about him...
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,337 posts | 6388 
      Reply #952: Sep 04, 2014 05:11:18 pm
      I honestly believe that circumstance (injuries ect,) never allowed us to see enough of him to draw a football based conclusion... Definitely not enough for me to say he's isn't Lfc quality.. IMO, we've not had to rely on him enough to actually see how good or bad he is.. Its weird because at this stage I'm still neutral so, I personally can't deliver any negativity towards him for wanting to stay and scrap it out...
      Its also impossible for me to ignore the fact that he had one of the most dangerous pairing in world football to dislodge..lolol.. WDF?!?! What worldy player would it of taken for Brendan to break that partnership?.

He doesn't deserve the recent criticism of late with regards to staying imo AND, he's still a Liverpool player, so I won't be bitching about him...

Borini gets measured against Sturridge, Suarez and Balotelli, yet he's not that level of striker and if he were, we'd have no chance of keeping him anyway at this stage with the players we have. The whole point people are forgetting is that he's meant to be adequate cover, someone to come on and run at tired defenses, he's not meant to be a full time starting striker for us. I just don't get all the venom. It's not like he's Glen Johnson....getting game after game and continuing to play subpar and being taken advantage and possibly costing us goals depending on who you may ask.

lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #953: Sep 04, 2014 05:51:41 pm
      Totally agree FLRed.
      It's ridiculous the amount of pages of abuse and slander that Fabio has received in this and other threads
      I so hope that he gets an opportunity to prove many wrong
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #954: Sep 04, 2014 07:07:44 pm
      One thing I do have to laugh at is how Redknapp went in for 2 strikers and came out with 0 :D 

And then made out as though he didn't really need either and is happy with who he has.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,552 posts | 1668 
      • YNWA
      Reply #955: Sep 04, 2014 08:49:06 pm
      Thunder tits, Nicolas Bentner, had a better PL goals per game ratio for Sunderland than Fabio (NB 28/8, FB 32/7). Ouch.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #956: Sep 04, 2014 09:50:51 pm
      Those people with greater knowledge clearly *don't* have faith in him any longer.  Otherwise we wouldn't be hearing about this fiasco in the first place.  Chelsea didn't want him.  Roma didn't put up a huge fuss when he left.  And now even Rodgers, who Borini said once was like a father figure, has decided he's not good enough.  Is that all just... chance?  random coincidence?  you want to trust Rodgers when he has faith in Borini, but when he no longer does, you don't want to trust him anymore.  Huh?

Aquilani played for Roma (and Juve), played for the Italian national team, and was signed by Liverpool.  Does that mean that he was actually good enough for us? 

First of all, the last time Borini played for the Italian national team was more than 2 years ago.  he didn't even make the squad for the World Cup this year.  Secondly, playing for big clubs and your national team means very little.  Babel played for a big club and the Dutch national team, should we have kept him around?  F***ing hell, Fred plays (and starts!) for the Brazilian national team, I suppose he's a worldbeater, eh?

So what is the greater likelihood?  that despite not even being wanted by RODGERS HIMSELF, despite bumping around from club to club, despite not one single big club being in for him at what would be a cutrate fee for a player of supposedly such high quality---despite all this, he is really a fantastic footballer? 

Let me offer you an alternative possibility.  He showed some promise years ago when he first started to make the first team squads at his old clubs.  But the promise ended up fizzling out.  He worked very hard and people took a liking to him because of it.  But his lack of pace, inability to show any kind of technique, limited finishing ability, etc, meant that he wore out his welcome because those big clubs need more than just hard work, they need consistent quality as well.  So, there was no great fuss when he was kicked to the curb by his clubs, because they really didn't see much in him anyway.

And that's where we are right now.  Rodgers brought him and Allen in right away when he first joined in 2012.  Those were his buddy-buddy signings like all managers try to do when they go somewhere.  Rodgers in the last 2 years has become a top class manager however, and has seen that Borini isn't good enough for a club like ours.  And so Rodgers---who has the final say on all transfers---accepted getting rid of Borini.

That is the situation.  Your suggestion that he must be good otherwise he wouldn't have been called up (once) to the Italy national team and wouldn't have played for big clubs makes no sense.  I'm sure you yourself can think of plenty of players who play/ed at big clubs and made their national team and were awful.  There is no causal connection necessarily between the two.  Take Coutinho, for example, who was better than half of the players in his national team at the World Cup, but didn't even make the squad, let alone the team.  I suppose he's just not that good, eh?   Of course not, it has no bearing whatsoever. 

You have seen Borini each time he has played for us.  Your own eyes should tell you the story.  If you see a player who isn't very good, then believe it, don't say "wait, I must be going blind, I see here he has played for a big club and his national team---he must actually be great!"

This is what we call a strawman argument.  There was no situation whereby Borini was weighed up against some hypothetical lazy, arrogant player who would have been fourth choice.  It was either sell Borini, or keep him.

At any rate, you have hit the nail on the head here---the way Rodgers is trying to build the squad, you have to have BOTH---workrate and dedication AND quality and talent.  One is no longer good enough.  Borini has the former but not the latter.  Players like Sterling, Sturridge etc, have both. 

That's why Borini is on the verge of being frozen out by the manager who he likened to being a father.

You'd make a great politician.
      AmeriPool Red
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts |
      Reply #957: Sep 04, 2014 09:51:36 pm
      Thunder tits, Nicolas Bentner, had a better PL goals per game ratio for Sunderland than Fabio (NB 28/8, FB 32/7). Ouch.

edit:
      NB total apps Sunderland 2011-12
      Apps 31 Goals 8 Assist 5   GR 3.85 (a goal every 3.85 games)
      NB total apps Arsenal 2013-14
      Apps 14 Goals 2 Assist 1   GR 7 (a goal every 7 games)

FB total apps Sunderland 2013-14
      Apps 40 Goals 10 Assist 4    GR 4 (a goal every 4 games)

Gotta love stats.

Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #958: Sep 04, 2014 10:38:20 pm
      Goal ratios are pretty sh*t metric given Borini only started 10 games in the prem for sunderland further forward than the center of the park (in which he scored 4 goals and got 1 assist - go figure). They played him as midfielder most of the season. He still looked better than every other f**ker playing for sunderland.
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #959: Sep 04, 2014 10:40:53 pm
      I'm not saying he is a world beater - but he is better than Sunderland and QPR, and good enough to be squad depth for liverpool. You bas**rds who can't support liverpool's players can go lick Vincent Kompany's arsehole for all I care.
      AmeriPool Red
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts |
      Reply #960: Sep 05, 2014 12:06:22 am
      Goal ratios are pretty sh*t metric given Borini only started 10 games in the prem for sunderland further forward than the center of the park (in which he scored 4 goals and got 1 assist - go figure). They played him as midfielder most of the season. He still looked better than every other f**ker playing for sunderland.
      Totally agree. I was just pointing out stats can be regarded as good or bad. I thought every time I watched Borini last season he was putting in a shift. Like I've said I'm glad he's still here.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,337 posts | 6388 
      Reply #961: Sep 05, 2014 12:19:18 am
      Totally agree. I was just pointing out stats can be regarded as good or bad.

Did you know that 63% of statistics are made up on the spot? ;)
      DaktionLFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,084 posts | 84 
      Reply #962: Sep 05, 2014 06:42:37 am
      Did you know that 63% of statistics are made up on the spot? ;)

Depends on which side of the pond you are referring to.  Where I am, I reckon the percentage closer to 80% :)

Back to borini....

If the unthinkable happens and one of our main strikers is injured... you will be glad we have borini.  Look at the striker names br has on his cl list... borini and lambert to me are tied for third.  If balo or sturridge gets a niggle and we need a quick fwd that can move the ball... at least we have borini.  The QPR deal was so late in the window that we would probably not be able to replace.

Plus all the other comps we have this season.  Borini knows this and knows he will get game time. 

And with respect to sunderland and QPR... LFCs games will be televised globally since we have that support.... and remember our television revenue as year was the highest of all PL teams.... so really one game where he is flashed around the world is better than 10 games where no one really gives a damn.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #963: Sep 05, 2014 10:24:28 am
      I think we should be locking this thread. He has been registered as part of our squad and is rightfully our player at least till January. Any discussions on him should be made on his player thread.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #964: Sep 05, 2014 02:15:33 pm
      Player threads are not for transfer discussion.

This is the transfer board.

Any player is ours until January.

If you don't want to discuss Fabio Borini, don't click on thread.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #965: Sep 05, 2014 02:39:53 pm
      Any discussions on him should be made on his player thread.

Not if they are transfer related they shouldn't. Clues at the top of the players thread board.

Quick Reply