Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Fabio Borini (Sunderland/QPR)

Read 73395 times
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,434 posts | 3417 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Re: Fabio Borini (Sunderland/QPR)
      Reply #966: Sep 06, 2014 10:01:21 am
      Good old 'arry and QPR, slate us for supposedly going public about Remy's medical and then start going on about Borini's wage demands, another classic example of the rampant hypocrisy in football.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #967: Sep 06, 2014 10:08:16 am
      If balo or sturridge gets a niggle and we need a quick fwd that can move the ball... at least we have borini. 

Borini is not quick and he has a poor first touch.  But don't let reality get in the way of your theory.

did you actually watch any of the games he played in for us?

AmeriPool Red
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts |
      Reply #968: Sep 06, 2014 06:34:58 pm
      Borini is not quick and he has a poor first touch.  But don't let reality get in the way of your theory.

did you actually watch any of the games he played in for us?

Fabio Borini | Goals & Celebrations | HD | 2013/2014

Yeah not quick at all. :f_whistle:
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,264 posts | 2825 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #969: Sep 07, 2014 11:21:38 am

The fella is a cock. Thinks hes the only person who watches Liverpools games. And makes statements on players that aren't correct if he doesn't like that player. Bell and end come to mind
      unwashedmasses
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,369 posts | 53 
      Reply #970: Sep 07, 2014 01:21:31 pm
      The fella is a cock. Thinks hes the only person who watches Liverpools games. And makes statements on players that aren't correct if he doesn't like that player. Bell and end come to mind

I think he's more stupid/ignorant than anything. There are definitely worse people on this forum.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #971: Sep 07, 2014 02:40:58 pm
      Ahhh..... so just because Borini is a Liverpool player he's not as bad as we thought. That successful loan spell at Sunderland where he hardly scored unless it was a penalty.... forget it I'm impressed at our ability to make up excuses! Lets start him in our next game!  Just what was Rodgers thinking trying his best to sell him. He's got movement. ... He's still young he's just 23...... I'm so glad this transfer broken down since after we sold Suarez Borini is just what we need!  Clearly better than Remy who Chelsea signed after he failed his medical or Hernandez who just signed for Hull who's probably is Uruguay's best striker whilst Suarez is banned. Who would want of those as our alternative to Balotelli or Lambert... Thank goodness for our medical team who also refused Demba Ba. It's not like he scored an important goal against us in our 2nd to last game where he had blistering pace! He's l far more injury prone than Sturridge even though he's not been injured as much! ...
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,921 posts | 821 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #972: Sep 07, 2014 02:44:17 pm
      Ahhh..... so just because Borini is a Liverpool player he's not as bad as we thought. That successful loan spell at Sunderland where he hardly scored unless it was a penalty.... forget it I'm impressed at our ability to make up excuses! Lets start him in our next game!  Just what was Rodgers thinking trying his best to sell him. He's got movement. ... He's still young he's just 23...... I'm so glad this transfer broken down since after we sold Suarez Borini is just what we need!  Clearly better than Remy who Chelsea signed after he failed his medical or Hernandez who just signed for Hull who's probably is Uruguay's best striker whilst Suarez is banned. Who would want of those as our alternative to Balotelli or Lambert...

Do you really think his loan spell was that bad?

I thought he did well and looked their most promising player when he was on.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #973: Sep 07, 2014 02:49:02 pm
      Do you really think his loan spell was that bad?

I thought he did well and looked their most promising player when he was on.
      just how many of his goals were not penalties? Doesn't matter we don't judge strikers on goals scored anymore,  just movement and trying hard right? It's not like that should be mandatory for any footballer!
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #974: Sep 07, 2014 02:53:55 pm
      Ahhh..... so just because Borini is a Liverpool player he's not as bad as we thought. That successful loan spell at Sunderland where he hardly scored unless it was a penalty.... forget it I'm impressed at our ability to make up excuses! Lets start him in our next game!  Just what was Rodgers thinking trying his best to sell him. He's got movement. ... He's still young he's just 23...... I'm so glad this transfer broken down since after we sold Suarez Borini is just what we need!  Clearly better than Remy who Chelsea signed after he failed his medical or Hernandez who just signed for Hull who's probably is Uruguay's best striker whilst Suarez is banned. Who would want of those as our alternative to Balotelli or Lambert...

Man you're annoying. Now Sturridge is injured I'm glad he's still here. He's our 3rd/4th best striker and we have a better squad with him in it than £12m in the kitty with the window closed. He will probably end up getting moved on when Origi completes his loan move for the start of next season. He is doing nobody any harm sticking around.

Remy failed a medical so we tried to bring him in but what can you do? Cavani is comfortably Uruguay's second best striker, Hernandez progress hit a wall. F**k knows what your point is with that one  :-\

You and Fed are impossibly infuriating :bert: :ernie:

RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,921 posts | 821 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #975: Sep 07, 2014 03:36:18 pm
      just how many of his goals were not penalties? Doesn't matter we don't judge strikers on goals scored anymore,  just movement and trying hard right? It's not like that should be mandatory for any footballer!

He scored important goals. That's what we need in a backup striker, a player who shows his cool in big games when called upon.

I don't think Borini is world class far from it but he is good enough to be a backup.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #976: Sep 07, 2014 06:24:40 pm
      just how many of his goals were not penalties?
      Is the 'goals from open play rule' something you apply to all our players or just Borini?   >:D

« Last Edit: Sep 07, 2014 06:37:36 pm by bad boy bubby »
      BostonScouse
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 715 posts | 106 
      Reply #977: Sep 08, 2014 03:00:05 am

I think they're the same person
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #978: Sep 08, 2014 09:33:21 am
      Looking at the injuries pouring in, thanks to Hodge, makes me grateful that we got Balotelli and kept Borini.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #979: Sep 08, 2014 09:15:57 pm

Right.  Because Fabio Borini is clearly just such an amazing player that if any two people in the world happen to think that, ya know, he just might not be that good, it MUST mean they are the same person. 

Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #980: Sep 08, 2014 10:36:31 pm

7-KK-7 and myself shall not have :bert: and :ernie: used in vain ;)
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #981: Sep 09, 2014 12:18:58 am
      Based on that logic, there are only 2 people who post on this forum. A lot of the accounts that belong to the one person that rates Borini and a lot of accounts belonging to the one person that doesn't. I don't know about increasing our stadium seating when obviously all the people that share the same opinion must be the same person... we should only need about 5 seats at Anfield.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #982: Sep 09, 2014 07:54:24 am
      Based on that logic, there are only 2 people who post on this forum. A lot of the accounts that belong to the one person that rates Borini and a lot of accounts belonging to the one person that doesn't. I don't know about increasing our stadium seating when obviously all the people that share the same opinion must be the same person... we should only need about 5 seats at Anfield.

Ok calm down Fed  ;D

bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #983: Sep 09, 2014 10:27:42 am
      :lmao:

Sorry I'm still laughing at you using the word "logic". But anyway...

Try this logic on for size:- It's safe to say you don't like Borini; yes? It's also safe to say, you don't believe he's good enough to play for Liverpool, the team you 'support'; yes? You'll, therefore, be happy if he doesn't play; yes? Now..

Do you trust Brendan to pick players on merit; yes or no?

Because, if you do, logic (there's that word again) dictates that the player [Borini] you dislike will only play if it's right for the team and if he is showing and maintaining good form. Bear with me here...

If Brendan picks Borini, because he's in form, then the team you 'support' will benefit and that's a good thing; right? I mean; you'd much prefer the team done well rather than Borini failed just so that you could say "I told you so"; wouldn't you? And here's the clincher; the Ribapooru 'win-win' if you like...

If Borini is not picked, because he's not good enough to get into a winning team, then you will have nothing to fret, mewl and whinge about.

Hating and whining on and on and on about a player who, #1 isn't currently playing, #2 isn't good enough, in your opinion and who, if you're right, #3 won't play anyhow, is F***ing idiotic and a waste of energy. It's the domain of trolls, cunty-wums or simpletons. In my opinion, of course.  ;D

« Last Edit: Sep 09, 2014 11:06:33 am by bad boy bubby »
      Mad4LFC
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 989 posts | 81 
      Reply #984: Sep 09, 2014 11:02:10 am
      Looking at the injuries pouring in, thanks to Hodge, makes me grateful that we got Balotelli and kept Borini.

Super Mario yes Borini no, he is far worse than Hernandez who the scum have got ridden of and even with Sturridge injured I wouldn't play him, instead I would opt for a Spanish system like they did when they left Torres on the bench...yes I don't rate him that much.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #985: Sep 09, 2014 11:24:59 am
      Super Mario yes Borini no, he is far worse than Hernandez who the scum have got ridden of and even with Sturridge injured I wouldn't play him, instead I would opt for a Spanish system like they did when they left Torres on the bench...yes I don't rate him that much.

I wouldn't mind Borini and Lambert up front in some of the cup games,
      or coming on with 20 minutes to go in the league.

Lambert has been great as an impact sub for LFC and ENG.
      Play him up top, with Borini in a deeper role.
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #986: Sep 09, 2014 03:23:56 pm
      http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/11083330/Liverpool-striker-Fabio-Borini-hoping-to-prove-manager-Brendan-Rodgers-wrong-as-he-fights-to-resurrect-career.html

“The transfer market was like a storm. Now it has passed, I don’t have problems anymore. In the summer, there was a lot of talk. There weren’t big misunderstandings, my wish is to play in a top club and Liverpool is a top club. There have never been real problems, I know what my goals are and how I can reach them. Staying at Liverpool was one of them. I’m in a great team that tries to win every competition and that’s what I want.
      “If I stayed here, it’s because I thought I can play. It’s not out of thirst of greatness or to keep my spot here. I’m not like that. If I stayed at Liverpool it’s because I think I could compete. Of course, there are excellent players here, but you can’t win all the competitions with weak ones. I want to turn the great competition into an advantage and improve day after day."
      “This year, I’d like to improve compared to what I’ve done in the past. So I want to score more than ten goals. And, especially, I want to be called up in the national team. I want to take back what I want and what I think I deserve, also in a top team. Not simply how I did on loan in the last years. I was at ease at Sunderland. I had an excellent season, we avoided relegation in an incredible way. I scored 10 goals, it’s never easy in Premier League. I want to prove myself at Liverpool too.”
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #987: Sep 09, 2014 04:04:35 pm
      :lmao:

Sorry I'm still laughing at you using the word "logic". But anyway...

Try this logic on for size:- It's safe to say you don't like Borini; yes? It's also safe to say, you don't believe he's good enough to play for Liverpool, the team you 'support'; yes? You'll, therefore, be happy if he doesn't play; yes? Now..

Do you trust Brendan to pick players on merit; yes or no?

Because, if you do, logic (there's that word again) dictates that the player [Borini] you dislike will only play if it's right for the team and if he is showing and maintaining good form. Bear with me here...

If Brendan picks Borini, because he's in form, then the team you 'support' will benefit and that's a good thing; right? I mean; you'd much prefer the team done well rather than Borini failed just so that you could say "I told you so"; wouldn't you? And here's the clincher; the Ribapooru 'win-win' if you like...

If Borini is not picked, because he's not good enough to get into a winning team, then you will have nothing to fret, mewl and whinge about.

Hating and whining on and on and on about a player who, #1 isn't currently playing, #2 isn't good enough, in your opinion and who, if you're right, #3 won't play anyhow, is f**king idiotic and a waste of energy. It's the domain of trolls, cunty-wums or simpletons. In my opinion, of course.  ;D
      Brendan wanted to sell Borini but Borini dug his heels in, Brendan will be obligated to use him since he is on the payroll.. this is why people think he will be a league cup player. Since you found the fact I used the word logic so amusing, ask youself this... is Borini good for Liverpool... is Liverpool good for Borini, to me it is Contrapositive logic as the answer to both statements is a resounding no.
      « Last Edit: Sep 09, 2014 04:16:13 pm by Ribapuru »
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #988: Sep 09, 2014 04:10:18 pm
      Brendan wanted to sell Borini but Borini dug his heels in, Brendan will be obligated to use him since he is on the payroll.. this is why people think he will be a league cup player. Since you found the fact I used the word logic so amusing, ask youself this... is Borini good for Liverpool... is Liverpool good for Borini, to me it is Contrapositive logic as the answer to both statements is a resounding no.

Rodgers tried to get rid of Henderson too.
      Things change for the positive sometimes.

Quick Reply