Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Alexis Sanchez (Barca)

Read 68013 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Alexis Sanchez (Barca)
      Reply #23: May 18, 2014 10:50:39 pm
      Whether we get him or not, good to see us being linked to this category of player

Oi oi oi, nothing wrong with going after the likes of Poulsen and Konchesky  :roll:

Your right though, good to see us getting linked with quality players again....(Still baffles me to this day why we signed the 2 previously mentioned)
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #24: May 18, 2014 11:00:50 pm
      what's he like tactically? i know he plays left a lot, is he comfortable both sides and through the middle? could he adapt to our system and become a vital cog or is he some flair on the side? what's his footy brain like??
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #25: May 18, 2014 11:13:54 pm
      what's he like tactically? i know he plays left a lot, is he comfortable both sides and through the middle? could he adapt to our system and become a vital cog or is he some flair on the side? what's his footy brain like??

Pretty sure he can play out wide on either side or through the middle. We don't really need him for through the middle out though because that's more Sturridge and Suarez's territory.
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #26: May 19, 2014 01:00:39 am
      And that's the problem - his game only seems to have picked up since he has been allowed to cut inside more plus there are still the worries about his physicality,

EDIT: there's a reasonable analysis of his play and video here:
      http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/alexis-sanchez-transfer-manchester-city-1736673

Seems like he has bulked up and shields the ball better now. he remains a superb technician and would be a great signing for us but only at the right price.

TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #27: May 19, 2014 03:28:19 am
      £18 million for a player who scored 21 goals in 54 matches this season? I know it's Barcelona and goals are often aplenty, but that's a serious cut-rate price for Alexis Sanchez.

Also, he played almost entirely on the right this season for Barca. Neymar or Pedro played on the left and Messi central.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,353 posts | 1024 
      Reply #28: May 19, 2014 12:31:49 pm
      I'll just say, it's nothing to do with bias because we are linked with him. I actually have a weird dislike for him because the way he rolls his shorts up every 2 minutes, but he is seriously underrated.

Great first touch, incredibly skilful and versatile. Plays on the wing for barca (because this other bloke plays as striker) but I'd say he prefers to play through the middle, that's certainly where he excels. His versatility alone would be enough to convince me he is what we need, factor in his talent, potential to flourish under Rodgers and the rumoured £18m and we have an absolute bargain.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Reply #29: May 19, 2014 12:34:13 pm
      I actually have a weird dislike for him because the way he rolls his shorts up every 2 minutes, but he is seriously underrated.

;D

You've got to love irrational stuff like this.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #30: May 19, 2014 12:42:37 pm
      ;D

Great isn't it

We all have stuff like this though..

I used to love people getting wound up with Hendo sorting his hair out..  :D
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Reply #31: May 19, 2014 12:43:48 pm
      I used to love people getting wound up with Hendo sorting his hair out..  :D

Yep.

Daz used to always go off on one about that. :D
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,353 posts | 1024 
      Reply #32: May 19, 2014 01:13:02 pm
      ;D

It is irrational but I challenge anyone not to have a bitter hatred of him after watching it.

Still, fantastic player.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #33: May 19, 2014 02:22:11 pm
      I'm on the Croucheth bus for this one.

Fantastic player.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #34: May 19, 2014 02:23:29 pm
      I used to love people getting wound up with Hendo sorting his hair out..

Guilty as charged :D
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #35: May 19, 2014 02:39:27 pm
      I used to love people getting wound up with Hendo sorting his hair out..

Just F***ing play F***ing football, you F***ing nonce!
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #36: May 19, 2014 03:39:57 pm
      On the fence here.

Is he a good player? Yes.
      Is he a goalscorer? Yes.
      Is it good being linked with this type of player? Of course.

Is he what we need? Not necessarily - we have plenty of goalscorers. I don't think he'd do much defensive work either. He's not a tracker-backer.

Don't get me wrong, I'd be happy if we got him. But I wouldn't be annoyed if we didn't.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Reply #37: May 19, 2014 03:55:11 pm
      I think he'd be a perfect signing for us!!  We have Suarez, Studge and Borini who can all play anywhere across a front 3, but primarily prefer to play through the middle.  We also have Sterling who can play in a fluid front 3, but is naturally suited to the wider role.  Sanchez would provide competition for Sterling in the wide role, but both are versatile enough to play anywhere across the front 3 which perfectly suits BR's tactical setup. 

Coutinho, Suso, and potentially Lallana (if we sign him) can all play as part of a front 3, but I have a feeling that BR has them in his plans as attack minded, creative CM's (like how Coutinho was deployed for much of the 2nd half of the season). 

Attack:  Suarez, Studge, Sanchez, Sterling, and Borini
      Midfield:  Gerrard, Hendo, Allen, Coutinho, Suso, Lallana, Can

Seems pretty boss to me :)
      Bier
      Reply #38: May 19, 2014 04:08:04 pm
      I think he's exactly what we need to compete for top place in both CL and PL next season as far as our attack goes.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #39: May 19, 2014 04:26:27 pm
      Is he what we need? Not necessarily - we have plenty of goalscorers. I don't think he'd do much defensive work either. He's not a tracker-backer.

Sorry, but I'd have to disagree. He's a tenacious forward and closes down quick. As for tracking back, yes, he is not a Kuyt but he's also not lazy. He has bags of energy and under Rodgers, I'm sure he'll do so if necessary.

Is he what we need? 100% yes. We only have 2 goal scorers in the team, a 3rd would be even better? he's a special player and can be extremely commanding in attack. I actually think he could surpass Suarez and be our main attacking player.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #40: May 19, 2014 04:31:51 pm
      Excellent player but I've always loved Pedro most out of that attacking front Barca three (barring Messi obviously). Needless to say Sanchez would be more realistic but still very unrealistic at the moment.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,353 posts | 1024 
      Reply #41: May 19, 2014 04:32:09 pm
      Sorry, but I'd have to disagree. He's a tenacious forward and closes down quick. As for tracking back, yes, he is not a Kuyt but he's also not lazy. He has bags of energy and under Rodgers, I'm sure he'll do so if necessary.

Is he what we need? 100% yes. We only have 2 goal scorers in the team, a 3rd would be even better? he's a special player and can be extremely commanding in attack. I actually think he could surpass Suarez and be our main attacking player.
      :o

Waiting for the storm.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,288 posts | 2806 
      Reply #42: May 19, 2014 06:23:43 pm
      How can people say we don't need him? Whilst we have a brilliant forward line we have almost zero depth in that position. To add to that, Brendan wanted Willian, Salah and Konoplyanka and didn't get any of them. Quite clear that he wants to add another forward to the squad.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #43: May 19, 2014 06:30:36 pm
      How can people say we don't need him? Whilst we have a brilliant forward line we have almost zero depth in that position. To add to that, Brendan wanted Willian, Salah and Konoplyanka and didn't get any of them. Quite clear that he wants to add another forward to the squad.

Spot on.

I'm struggling to believe any of it though to be honest. I can't believe Barca would let all those players go and the price quoted seems stupidly low for a lad they paid much more for a few years ago.

In theory he'd be a perfect fit for us but for a bit of perspective on it the bookies aren't even offering odds on us buying him while quoting 15 other teams :D

Of course that could change very quickly but for now I'm taking this with a fistful of salt.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #44: May 19, 2014 06:34:32 pm
      I can't believe Barca would let all those players go and the price quoted seems stupidly low for a lad they paid much more for a few years ago.

It could be to do with the transfer embargo they've been threatened with Luke.  It's only at appeal which they could still lose and they may want to get as many off the books as possible whilst they can.  They also have a new manager coming in who I believe will be changing how they play.

They may be thinking do a complete change now rather than a more gradual process over a few seasons.
      storophanthus
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 308 posts | 16 
      Reply #45: May 19, 2014 06:39:04 pm
      Would love to see him in Liverpool shirt.. Seems unrealistic rumours,  but dare to dream aren't we?

It will show more our ambition if we can get him; Much pride for us when we get him from Barca.

Quick Reply