Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

Alexis Sanchez (Barca)

Read 68143 times
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Re: Alexis Sanchez (Barca)
      Reply #46: May 19, 2014 06:40:28 pm
      It could be to do with the transfer embargo they've been threatened with Luke.  It's only at appeal which they could still lose and they may want to get as many off the books as possible whilst they can.  They also have a new manager coming in who I believe will be changing how they play.

They may be thinking do a complete change now rather than a more gradual process over a few seasons.

Exactly.

However, as always, I'll believe it when I see him wearing our shirt after signing on the dotted line ;)
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #47: May 19, 2014 06:41:22 pm
      It could be to do with the transfer embargo they've been threatened with Luke.  It's only at appeal which they could still lose and they may want to get as many off the books as possible whilst they can.  They also have a new manager coming in who I believe will be changing how they play.

They may be thinking do a complete change now rather than a more gradual process over a few seasons.

Oh I've no doubt that's where the story originates from Debs, just seems far too convenient for the journos too.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #48: May 19, 2014 06:58:44 pm
      Exactly.

However, as always, I'll believe it when I see him wearing our shirt after signing on the dotted line ;)

Haha now that really would make everyone sit up and take notice.  We can still dream though mate.

Oh I've no doubt that's where the story originates from Debs, just seems far too convenient for the journos too.

Now you know what journo's are like Luke, anything for an easy story.  We could all go through various fansites, see what/who people are talking about and write a piece as though it was fact.  To think they spend F***ing years at Uni learning that  ;D

Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,271 posts | 2830 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #49: May 19, 2014 07:07:02 pm
      Ah what would be like on a cold night in Burnley  :f_tongueincheek:
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #50: May 19, 2014 07:39:58 pm
      Ah what would be like on a cold night in Burnley  :f_tongueincheek:

Miserable, like the rest of us.

KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #51: May 19, 2014 09:51:34 pm
      Liverpool Submit £23m bid for Alexis Sanchez

Football direct news understands that Liverpool have submitted a bid to Barcelona for Alexis Sanchez.

Barcelona's dismal end to the La Liga season saw them relinquish the title to Atletico Madrid after drawing 1-1 at Camp Nou in the decider. Alexis Sanchez scored for the hosts but his future at the club has almost instantly become a major talking point.
      The Chilean winger has been in consistent form this season, scoring 21 goals and creating 15 in his 51 appearances.
      Yet, the Catalan club seem desperate to cash in the former Udinese man and that has led the likes of Juventus and Liverpool to make a move.

Italian side Juventus were thought to have agreed terms with Sanchez but that was strongly denied by Barca last week, leaving Liverpool to make a bid in the region of £23m, which they feel will be accepted.

Reds boss Brendan Rodgers is understood to want Sanchez to link up in a front three with Luis Suarez and Daniel Sturridge.

Ever Reliable Football Direct News, THEY NEVER LIE!!!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #52: May 19, 2014 09:53:52 pm

Football direct news understands that Liverpool have submitted a bid to Barcelona for Alexis Sanchez.

Barcelona's dismal end to the La Liga season saw them relinquish the title to Atletico Madrid after drawing 1-1 at Camp Nou in the decider. Alexis Sanchez scored for the hosts but his future at the club has almost instantly become a major talking point.
      The Chilean winger has been in consistent form this season, scoring 21 goals and creating 15 in his 51 appearances.
      Yet, the Catalan club seem desperate to cash in the former Udinese man and that has led the likes of Juventus and Liverpool to make a move.

Italian side Juventus were thought to have agreed terms with Sanchez but that was strongly denied by Barca last week, leaving Liverpool to make a bid in the region of £23m, which they feel will be accepted.

Reds boss Brendan Rodgers is understood to want Sanchez to link up in a front three with Luis Suarez and Daniel Sturridge.

Never even heard of that source! Doesn't make me want it to be true any less though like.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #53: May 19, 2014 09:55:29 pm
      Never even heard of that source! Doesn't make me want it to be true any less though like.

:D

There may have been the slightest hint of sarcasm involved and of course made it look that bit nicer to make me feel like there is even the slimmest chance this goes through.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #54: May 19, 2014 09:58:15 pm
      :D

There may have been the slightest hint of sarcasm involved and of course made it look that bit nicer to make me feel like there is even the slimmest chance this goes through.

If it goes through now then you may have uncovered a gem of a source ;)
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,372 posts | 1030 
      Reply #55: May 19, 2014 09:58:30 pm

Luke, tell me right now this is a highly reputable source that never gets it wrong. Just tell me. Please.
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #56: May 19, 2014 11:19:03 pm
      F**k me imagine that Suarez Sturridge Sanchez oh and Sterling running at opposition defences,what a thought absolute mayhem ensues.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #57: May 19, 2014 11:26:54 pm
      I'd love to have him here, stand out player from the Barca games I've seen this season (not many).. he still stood out, tenacious and full of fight, bit like our Luis.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #58: May 20, 2014 12:15:06 am
      Please correct me if i am wrong but isn't he primarily a left or right of a front 3 than a central player?
      Can he play the right as well as he plays the left?
      I am all in favor or a player of his ability and he seems robust enough, like Luis, to handle the Prem.
      Would be an amazing signing but still feel the need for a more physical striker as well even if we get him
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #59: May 20, 2014 12:22:35 am
      Please correct me if i am wrong but isn't he primarily a left or right of a front 3 than a central player?
      Can he play the right as well as he plays the left?
      I am all in favor or a player of his ability and he seems robust enough, like Luis, to handle the Prem.
      Would be an amazing signing but still feel the need for a more physical striker as well even if we get him

Yeah he's much better played from the wide areas being allowed to cut in, just how Brendan likes his wide forwards to. Every time I've seen him play for Barca it's been on the right hand side so would possibly displace Sterling in the side and that would actually be the only negative for me.

He is the type of player though, for the money quoted, you simply sign and try to fit in later. £23m is an absolute steal in my opinion.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #60: May 20, 2014 12:31:14 am
      £23M for Sanchez? Where do I sign?
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #61: May 20, 2014 03:15:49 am
      A player of his quality, if you can sign him, you should. Its not a case of we dont need attacking players, its a case of; "does this opportunity exist?" If so seize the F***ing day, you F***ing mug. Carpe F***ing diem
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #62: May 20, 2014 03:45:11 am
      A player of his quality, if you can sign him, you should. Its not a case of we dont need attacking players, its a case of; "does this opportunity exist?" If so seize the F***ing day, you F***ing mug. Carpe F***ing diem

While i agree with this, we are also obviously looking for another attacker. He slots in to the team perfectly.

If he's available, SIGN HIM NOW!
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #63: May 20, 2014 09:17:30 am
      £23M for Sanchez? Where do I sign?
      ;D
      Just shove Ayre out of the way mate; we'll forgive you.

Sanchez is a quality player (F**k knows why Barca want rid) alright; the type we should be looking to sign right now. If there's even a semblance of truth in that article we should make it happen right away.

This fella has the potential to have a stonking World Cup and if he does there'll be more than just us and Juve showing interest and we all know what happens then...
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #64: May 20, 2014 09:40:22 am
      ;D
      Just shove Ayre out of the way mate; we'll forgive you.

Sanchez is a quality player (f**k knows why Barca want rid) alright; the type we should be looking to sign right now. If there's even a semblance of truth in that article we should make it happen right away.

This fella has the potential to have a stonking World Cup and if he does there'll be more than just us and Juve showing interest and we all know what happens then...

Exactly Bub.....this man is quality, simple as that.....if he is available then you get him and dont fanny around.

Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #65: May 20, 2014 10:04:38 am
      Would love this but for some reason I get the feeling he's heading to Italy.... :(

Hope I'm wrong!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,236 posts | 8573 
      Reply #66: May 20, 2014 11:55:51 am
      Would love this but for some reason I get the feeling he's heading to Italy.... :(

Hope I'm wrong!

Some on the online rumours are that he's off to Juve with Vidal going in opposite direction.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #67: May 20, 2014 12:58:35 pm
      Would love the lad here.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #68: May 20, 2014 02:33:18 pm
      Some on the online rumours are that he's off to Juve with Vidal going in opposite direction.

:(

He's too good for Serie A.

Quick Reply