Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Alexis Sanchez (Barca)

Read 68061 times
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Re: Alexis Sanchez (Barca)
      Reply #759: Jul 07, 2014 11:26:34 pm
      The city of Liverpool is losing out to the city of London, doubt either club has much to do with it except making the offer.

I know which is depressing it's only a couple of hours down the road ffs compare the size of England to Spain or some of the South American countries it's a tiny island.
      Plus the cost of living even for rich footballers is huge in London what buys you a mansion in the north gets you a 2 bedroom in London
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #760: Jul 07, 2014 11:41:39 pm
      Might as well lock it up. Hopefully Sanchez will not be very good, but I think he'll quite close to being as good as Suarez. Suarez may not take La Liga by storm like he did the premiership.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #761: Jul 08, 2014 01:24:14 am
      I know which is depressing it's only a couple of hours down the road ffs compare the size of England to Spain or some of the South American countries it's a tiny island.
      Plus the cost of living even for rich footballers is huge in London what buys you a mansion in the north gets you a 2 bedroom in London

Spain isn't that much bigger than England actually. Madrid to Barcelona is only about 50 miles more than London to Liverpool.

And the cost of living in London may be greater, but it's nothing to a professional footballer. You could get a luxury 3-4 bed penthouse for around £5000/month in London. Nothing to them.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #762: Jul 08, 2014 03:12:32 am
      Actually getting sick of the reports, if true, that he prefers to join the Gooners instead of us. You don't want to play for us, then F**k off and we move on to the next target.

Your loss not ours.

NEXT.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,920 posts | 964 
      Reply #763: Jul 08, 2014 04:13:55 am
      Actually getting sick of the reports, if true, that he prefers to join the Gooners instead of us. You don't want to play for us, then f**k off and we move on to the next target.

Your loss not ours.

NEXT.

Exactly how I feel.  He is a great player, but there are plenty of other great players out there who we can turn our attention to.  F**k Sanchez if he'd rather be at the Arse!!  He'll regret his decision on December 20th after we wallop them!!
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #764: Jul 08, 2014 07:36:54 am
      Actually getting sick of the reports, if true, that he prefers to join the Gooners instead of us. You don't want to play for us, then f**k off and we move on to the next target.

Your loss not ours.

NEXT.

agree 100%
      why should we force a player to play for LIVERPOOL( always if the reports coming out of London are true)
      We want players who are proud to wear  the red shirt
      YNWA
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #765: Jul 08, 2014 07:39:30 am
      The city of Liverpool is losing out to the city of London, doubt either club has much to do with it except making the offer.
      The City of Manchester is a sh*t-hole A-Zed, a real sh*t-hole... I wonder, if  City had been interested, would (dirty) Sanchez  ;D still pick the capital's bright city lights or would they be dimmed every time he thought of his pay-packet?  >:D

I remember Brendan saying words, to the effect that he would be confident that if he sat down, in front of any player, he could sell the club and the project to him  (and this was pre Champions League football). Personally, I hope he gets talking to Sanchez soon.   
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #766: Jul 08, 2014 08:33:54 am
      If the media is to be believed and he does not want to play for us, why the hell would we want him at Anfield. Any player we sign must be 100% committed to the cause of Liverpool Football Club. We have had enough prima donnas in recent years and don't need any more.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #767: Jul 08, 2014 08:55:01 am
      So has he signed for the Arse yet?
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #768: Jul 08, 2014 09:11:14 am
      So has he signed for the Arse yet?

No, but it's imminent apparently. Most likely when the Suarez transfer goes through he will then move on to Arsenal.

If he doesn't want to come here then so be it.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #769: Jul 08, 2014 09:24:17 am
      I don't want any player who feels like he was forced to join us over money. Last time that happened we ended up with Andy Carroll look how that turned out!

Sanchez is quality but there are players of equal quality out there who may actually want to join us.
      percy
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #771: Jul 08, 2014 12:49:12 pm
      No, but it's imminent apparently. Most likely when the Suarez transfer goes through he will then move on to Arsenal.

If he doesn't want to come here then so be it.

I actually think it's the opposite way around, mate because Barca need that money from Sanchez to pay for Suarez, if reports of Liverpool demanding all the cash up front are to be believed. I'm sure this will all be sorted over the next few days.
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #772: Jul 08, 2014 12:59:54 pm
      What can you do?

Sadly, for a young, rich, foreign lad - with no connections to Liverpool, you'd want to live in the capital city over Formby.
      percy
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      Reply #773: Jul 08, 2014 02:38:22 pm
      Im sure Wenger in Brazil would have sung some tunes which sanchez wants to hear .. :(
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #774: Jul 08, 2014 02:42:23 pm
      If this is indeed happening: Surely Sanchez isn't coming in to play as a central striker. No way he displaces Wenger's Giroud fetish, so he'll trot him out on the right side of a 4-3-3. Walcott, remember, will still be recovering from a torn ACL, if he ever full recovers to be the same player.
      percy
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      Reply #775: Jul 08, 2014 02:42:42 pm
      Apparently Suarez has taken Sanchez shirt No.
      https://twitter.com/SSgooner/status/486496340080222209/photo/1
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #776: Jul 08, 2014 04:23:15 pm
      The City of Manchester is a sh*t-hole A-Zed, a real sh*t-hole... I wonder, if  City had been interested, would (dirty) Sanchez  ;D still pick the capital's bright city lights or would they be dimmed every time he thought of his pay-packet?  >:D

I remember Brendan saying words, to the effect that he would be confident that if he sat down, in front of any player, he could sell the club and the project to him  (and this was pre Champions League football). Personally, I hope he gets talking to Sanchez soon.   

Think he needs to talk to Sanchez's wife as reports are she is wants to live in London

Meh, let her do what she wan'ts, I would.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #777: Jul 08, 2014 04:34:38 pm

Hardly the end of the world. He's a quality player but he isn't the only one. Arsenal get strengthened yes but I can guarantee Wenger won't play him as a central striker so they'll still be stuck with Giroud.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,225 posts | 2805 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #778: Jul 08, 2014 04:35:08 pm
      Good player

Doesn't want to be here end of. He'd rather live in London then play for one of the worlds biggest clubs. Move on

If he does go to Arsenal Ill look forward to Flanno up ending him when we meet.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,176 posts | 8550 
      Reply #779: Jul 08, 2014 05:24:20 pm
      Im sure Wenger in Brazil would have sung some tunes which sanchez wants to hear .. :(

"With a packet of sweets and a cheeky smile, Arsene's a..................."
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #780: Jul 08, 2014 06:26:59 pm
      Honestly - I am gutted, he is a class player... However, if he chooses where his career goes based on the city then it worries me about his long term commitment to any club, also about his lifestyle and decision making.

Now, if he said it was for footballing reasons and he rated them above us due to being consistently in the top 4 I could see it, but based on city I would not be too happy. The media etc in England can turn very quickly and in London there will be no let up - he wife could get very bored and upset very quickly...
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #781: Jul 08, 2014 06:39:07 pm
      "With a packet of sweets and a cheeky smile, Arsene's a..................."

Doing his best impression of Rolf Harris ? .....

Quick Reply