Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Alexis Sanchez (Barca)

Read 68011 times
      craglad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,009 posts | 25 
      Re: Alexis Sanchez (Barca)
      Reply #782: Jul 08, 2014 06:43:10 pm
      Doing his best impression of Rolf Harris ? .....

Tie my Sanchez down sport
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #783: Jul 08, 2014 06:45:39 pm
      Honestly - I am gutted, he is a class player... However, if he chooses where his career goes based on the city then it worries me about his long term commitment to any club, also about his lifestyle and decision making.

Now, if he said it was for footballing reasons and he rated them above us due to being consistently in the top 4 I could see it, but based on city I would not be too happy. The media etc in England can turn very quickly and in London there will be no let up - he wife could get very bored and upset very quickly...

Unless he goes to live near a certain mr J.T    ;D

5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #784: Jul 08, 2014 06:46:23 pm
      May as well close this. There isn't a single media report still linking him with us.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #785: Jul 08, 2014 07:29:17 pm
      May as well close this. There isn't a single media report still linking him with us.
      I'm sure the mods will take care of it when the time is appropriate.
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #786: Jul 08, 2014 11:27:19 pm
      What can you do?

Sadly, for a young, rich, foreign lad - with no connections to Liverpool, you'd want to live in the capital city over Formby.
      He could have hopped on a cheap Ryanair flight over to Dublin if he got bored  ;D
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #787: Jul 08, 2014 11:54:49 pm
      He could have hopped on a cheap Ryanair flight over to Dublin if he got bored  ;D

He could have bought the entire of Ireland with the money we'd have paid him!
      redraider
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 568 posts | 20 
      Reply #788: Jul 09, 2014 12:23:18 am
      His loss not ours.  We all know Arsenal will start well then fade next season; it started to happen after a certain well reported 5-1 away defeat!  Lets see Sanchez face when we wipe the floor with them at Anfield AND at emirates.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #789: Jul 09, 2014 01:33:46 am
      Like most I'm gutted not to get this lad. I was shouting from the rooftops to sign him when he was at Udinese and think he'd be such a top player for us.
      I think it's one we have to just concede and put down to circumstances. The reality to a player like Sanchez is we are a club who haven't played in the CL for 4 full seasons (Arsenal have for what the last 17?), we haven't won a league title since 1990 (Arsenal 2004) and have a manger that little will be known of outside UK (Wenger carries a heavyweight reputation amongst players) - it's all of these factors that work against us in trying to recruit stellar names like Sanchez. But if we can continue our progress and build upon it, hopefully in a few years we'll be established in the CL, be PL champions and BR will be a manager players are climbing over themselves to play for. All in good time
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #790: Jul 09, 2014 02:08:44 am
      Like most I'm gutted not to get this lad. I was shouting from the rooftops to sign him when he was at Udinese and think he'd be such a top player for us.
      I think it's one we have to just concede and put down to circumstances. The reality to a player like Sanchez is we are a club who haven't played in the CL for 4 full seasons (Arsenal have for what the last 17?), we haven't won a league title since 1990 (Arsenal 2004) and have a manger that little will be known of outside UK (Wenger carries a heavyweight reputation amongst players) - it's all of these factors that work against us in trying to recruit stellar names like Sanchez. But if we can continue our progress and build upon it, hopefully in a few years we'll be established in the CL, be PL champions and BR will be a manager players are climbing over themselves to play for. All in good time

Or the factor that he wife basically said she wants to live in the capital...bet she pulls more weight than the arse talking
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #791: Jul 09, 2014 07:40:52 am
      According to Balaque its done and he should be heading to Arsenal.

‏@GuillemBalague
      All agreed for Alexis. Will be anounced soon, possibly tomorrow.Arsenal will pay FCB £27.5 plus £2.3 for objectives. 4 years plus 1 optional
      Liverbird on my chest
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 43 posts |
      Reply #792: Jul 09, 2014 07:46:12 am

Ye I think you are spot on, almost all ex players speak highly of Wenger and we had an amazing season last year but it's the first since Rafa left so arsenal probably the safer bet for continued champions league football.
      London is another factor but I don't know how much
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #793: Jul 09, 2014 07:57:38 am
      Great deal for Arsenal that, they've got themselves an outstanding player. I wonder if they're actually going to deploy him as a striker, I think they will. Even though there's rumours of Podolski leaving I still think that's where he'll be most effective for them.

A perfect player for how he likes to play, so difficult to get him off the ball and great decision making, outside of signing a Suarez/Aguero I think Arsenal have hit the jackpot here.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,911 posts | 4977 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #794: Jul 09, 2014 08:11:01 am
      Ah F**k him, his choice to go to a inferior club so bollocks to him and his bi*ch, don't want players that can't or won't commit , onwards & upwards,

Now I'm off to suck on those sour grapes !

YNWA
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #795: Jul 09, 2014 08:16:13 am
      Or the factor that he wife basically said she wants to live in the capital...bet she pulls more weight than the arse talking
      Look on the bright side - at least Liverpool still has more drawing power than Southampton.  >:D
      « Last Edit: Jul 09, 2014 08:30:32 am by bad boy bubby »
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #796: Jul 09, 2014 09:59:03 am
      Not really that surprised - good player but he has hardly been a roaring success at Barcelona and it's let him save some face to say he's off to London for the next stage of his career.

It would be like signing for Paris rather than Marseilles even though OM have won far more than PSG.
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #797: Jul 09, 2014 10:34:54 am
      Too much pride to accept that maybe he just prefers Arsenal as a club to Liverpool? We're dying a death of a thousand excuses...
      DOBBS83
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 34 
      • @chrisdobbs83
      Reply #798: Jul 09, 2014 10:35:25 am
      Great player and if that price is true then they have a bargain. But F**k him if his commitment and priorities are not football related. We don't need that at our club. Hopefully he now stops scoring goals from here on out.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #799: Jul 09, 2014 12:39:22 pm
      Too much pride to accept that maybe he just prefers Arsenal as a club to Liverpool? We're dying a death of a thousand excuses...

I would accept it if there were any credible footballing reason that someone might do that.

Brendan manager of the year, almost winning the title only to fall short the second to last game, top scoring team in the league, most exciting team to watch in the league, big star leaving which creates more playing time and opportunities for a player like Sanchez to score and further his career.

Yea...why would anyone pick us over Arsenal.  :roll:
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #800: Jul 09, 2014 01:02:36 pm
      I would accept it if there were any credible footballing reason that someone might do that.

Brendan manager of the year, almost winning the title only to fall short the second to last game, top scoring team in the league, most exciting team to watch in the league, big star leaving which creates more playing time and opportunities for a player like Sanchez to score and further his career.

CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #801: Jul 09, 2014 01:22:47 pm

I agree with the points you have made, but we need to excel on a more consistent basis. If we can somehow get a half decent replacement for Luis, do well in Europe and maintain a top four position, maybe more ambitious players will take us serious.

By the way, Wenger has revealed Sanchez will sign for the Arse. Time to lock up this thread and move on. Huge shame though :(
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #802: Jul 09, 2014 01:29:11 pm
      Arsenal will complete the signing of Alex Sanchez on Wednesday, manager Arsene Wenger has revealed.

more:
      http://talksport.com/football/exclusive-sanchezs-arsenal-switch-almost-done-reveals-wenger-140708100658?
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #803: Jul 09, 2014 02:58:06 pm
      It's a good signing for Arsenal, but like I said yesterday, I can't see Wenger playing Sanchez as a striker when he's infatuated with Giroud. My only question over Sanchez is his durability because English refs don't protect attacking players the way refs in Italy and Spain (especially when you play for Barca or Real) do. We'll see how Sanchez holds up physically when he has to play the likes of Shawcross.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #804: Jul 09, 2014 03:23:21 pm
      £28m, Can't believe Barca are stupid enough to sell him for so cheap... in fact, I can't believe they're getting rid of him when he's about to hit his peak.

Real and Barca just throw these world class or huge potential world class players out like they are nothing, from Robben, Zlatan, Sneijder, Fabregas, Morientes, Riquelme etc

Looks like Sanchez is the next in line.

Quick Reply