Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

Xherdan Shaqiri (Bayern Munich)

Read 38540 times
      DOBBS83
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,034 posts | 34 
      • @chrisdobbs83
      Xherdan Shaqiri (Bayern Munich)
      May 19, 2014 06:16:25 am
      Please let it happen...

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/liverpool-fc-transfer-gossip-liverpool-7133859

Liverpool FC transfer gossip: Liverpool ask about Shaqiri; Rodgers plots double Southampton swoop: Kalou offered route back to Premier League May 17, 2014 12:09 By Liverpool Echo 2 Comments  A round-up of the day's transfer rumours

Xherdan Shaqiri, Bayern Munich  Liverpool FC have asked Bayern Munich about the availability of their Swiss star Xherdan Shaqiri as Brendan Rodgers looks to prepare his squad for Champions League football.

The Guardian reports that Rodgers is an admirer of the 22-year-old and the Reds are keen to give the former Basel star a chance in the Premier League after he has struggled for football in Germany.

Shaqiri joined Bayern in 2012 for around 11m euros but opportunities have been hard to come by in Pep Guardiola's side.

Meanwhile, the Daily Mirror report that Rodgers will make a £40m double swoop on Southampton for Adam Lallana and Dejan Lovren.

The Echo exclusively revealed last week that Lallana was Liverpool's number one transfer target but The Mirror claim Rodgers will also look to strengthen his defence with Saints star Lovren, who scored at Anfield last season.

Lovren joined Southampton for £8.5m from Lyon last summer and, after a successful season in the Premier League, the Saints would look to make a profit on that fee.

Liverpool will look to bring former Chelsea striker Soloman Kalou back to the Premier League, according to The Metro .

Kalou has impressed in France with Lille and Rodgers would like to add him to his squad. The Ivory Coast forward will accept being a bit-part player in order to return to England and Liverpool could face competition for his signature from Arsenal.
      « Last Edit: Jun 16, 2014 08:53:23 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,338 posts | 6390 
      Re: Xherdan Shaqiri (Bayern Munich)
      Reply #1: May 29, 2014 01:57:29 pm
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #2: May 29, 2014 05:08:53 pm

Club in the CL and fighting for a title outside of Germany:

Monaco
      Atletico
      Juventus
      Roma
      City
      Chelsea
      Liverpool

Just about narrows it. Don't think Madrid or Barca are looking for wingers.
      DOBBS83
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,034 posts | 34 
      • @chrisdobbs83
      Reply #3: May 31, 2014 11:34:07 am
      Surprised this lads not talked about as much as some of the other players we are liked with. Kicker in Germany saying we have put in a bid for him. Absolutely top player, been watching him for a long time.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #4: May 31, 2014 11:37:21 am
      Surprised this lads not talked about as much as some of the other players we are liked with. Kicker in Germany saying we have put in a bid for him. Absolutely top player, been watching him for a long time.

I guess, with Lambert's signing, we are kinda overstocked in the attacking department. I guess we'll be after the likes of Shaqiri/Konoplyanka/Tello/Pedro, only after the sales of Assaidi, Aspas and Borini
      DOBBS83
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,034 posts | 34 
      • @chrisdobbs83
      Reply #5: May 31, 2014 11:50:44 am
      I guess, with Lambert's signing, we are kinda overstocked in the attacking department. I guess we'll be after the likes of Shaqiri/Konoplyanka/Tello/Pedro, only after the sales of Assaidi, Aspas and Borini

I hope your right mate, I will be disappointed if we just sign Lallana and Lambert. We need to pursue Sanchez, Shaqiri, Pedro and Martinez too IMO.
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,035 posts | 69 
      Reply #6: Jun 01, 2014 09:21:31 am
      Would rather go for Shaqiri than Konoplyanka if I'm being honest. Just having him and Sterling in the side, we would have mind blowing pace.
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #7: Jun 01, 2014 11:01:44 am
      Would rather go for Shaqiri than Konoplyanka if I'm being honest. Just having him and Sterling in the side, we would have mind blowing pace.

Yep, and being young Shaqiri will learn a lot. He's been around world class players and he has an ability I would trust here. Just needs to improve decision making but other than that, if we can get him for a decent fee it'll be win-win
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #8: Jun 01, 2014 11:17:32 am
      Jay Riley @Jay_78
      LFC's move for Xherdan Shaqiri is picking up pace. Just received 2 interesting messages about it. Seems surplus at Bayern Munich under Pep

Not sure how authentic it is though
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #9: Jun 01, 2014 11:51:01 am
      Jay Riley @Jay_78
      LFC's move for Xherdan Shaqiri is picking up pace. Just received 2 interesting messages about it. Seems surplus at Bayern Munich under Pep

Not sure how authentic it is though

Where do you get this tripe from? Who is jay Riley?
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #10: Jun 01, 2014 12:15:48 pm
      Where do you get this tripe from? Who is jay Riley?

Reposted from LFCTS fb account
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #11: Jun 01, 2014 12:18:42 pm

I really wouldn't read into it. Twatter is a dick measuring network. It's all about getting as many followers as possible, you know, because that's how these people feel relevant.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,338 posts | 6390 
      Reply #12: Jun 01, 2014 12:24:59 pm
      I really wouldn't read into it. Twatter is a dick measuring network. It's all about getting as many followers as possible, you know, because that's how these people feel relevant.

Actually if you sift through the dick measurers...Twitter is usually the first place that news stories pop up...Rickie Lambert for instance. Things can get put on Twitter and take off much quicker than even being published on a media website.

Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #13: Jun 01, 2014 12:25:56 pm
      Yeah it's no secret that he "seems surplus at Bayern Munich under Pep"
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #14: Jun 01, 2014 12:28:15 pm
      Actually if you sift through the dick measurers...Twitter is usually the first place that news stories pop up...Rickie Lambert for instance. Things can get put on Twitter and take off much quicker than even being published on a media website.

Mind telling me any credible users? Not testing you, just want to know
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,338 posts | 6390 
      Reply #15: Jun 01, 2014 12:44:37 pm

LFC Transfer Spec and TIA are the two I follow that almost always are credible or pass along credible info even if it doesn't originate from them.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #16: Jun 01, 2014 12:47:20 pm

@ViktorFagerLFC
      @JackSear
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,922 posts | 964 
      Reply #17: Jun 01, 2014 02:52:56 pm
      Read that this is our backup plan if Southampton won't lower valuation for Lallana to what we are willing to pay.  Not a bad backup plan if you ask me!!
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #18: Jun 02, 2014 10:48:06 am
      Read that this is our backup plan if Southampton won't lower valuation for Lallana to what we are willing to pay.  Not a bad backup plan if you ask me!!
      This deal looks more interesting to me than Adam for £25m. There is upside potential on the player's future valuation and yet he costs less.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #19: Jun 02, 2014 01:26:20 pm
      This deal looks more interesting to me than Adam for £25m. There is upside potential on the player's future valuation and yet he costs less.
      Do you reckon we should have been looking at him first mate?
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #20: Jun 02, 2014 01:32:16 pm
      they'd be mad to sell him though, given Ribery seems on his last legs and Robben is approaching that stage...
      harrydunn08

• 5,922 posts | 964 
      Reply #21: Jun 02, 2014 03:03:20 pm

Do you reckon we should have been looking at him first mate?

I don't disagree with you as I think Shaqiri is a good little player.  However, I think Lallana would make a more seamless transition into our team and style of play than Shaqiri.  That isn't to say that Shaqiri couldn't adapt his game and become a good player for us, but I think Lallana is the more natural fit straight away and his tactical flexibility is a nice bonus. 
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #22: Jun 04, 2014 09:17:11 am
      From this morning's edition of the Swiss paper 20 Minuten (translation courtesy of your friendly neighborhood Fed):

National team star Shaqiri from Bayern to Liverpool?
      20 Minuten has learned from those in Shaqiri's Basel circle that the little powerhouse just might be playing for Liverpool next season.  Shaqiri recently indicated in an interview with 20 Minuten that he could easily see himself playing in England some day, telling us also "I don't want to go through another year like the last one."  In the meantime Shaqiri's advisors---namely, his brother Erdin---have held talks with Bayern and are on the verge of switching (Shaqiri's) allegiances from Bayern to the Reds.

Meanwhile, Shaqiri himself is focusing on the World Cup.  Nevertheless, the footballing magician sat on the bench until the 64th minute for the national team's friendly against Peru in Luzern, coming on for Xhaka and immediately making his presence felt---first, with an assist to Rodriguez and then Lichtsteiner (78th minute), and then, six minutes later, scoring a goal himself to make the final score 2-0.

http://www.20min.ch/sport/fussball/story/Wechselt-Nati-Star-Shaqiri-von-Bayern-zu-Liverpool--22767452

Quick Reply