Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 28th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P5 W1 D3 L1

Dejan Lovren (Southampton)

Read 66207 times
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Re: Dejan Lovren (Southampton)
      Reply #23: May 21, 2014 01:36:02 pm
      Who the hell rattled your cage?

Of course there are loads of players that can strengthen us, obviously, but all I asked Harry is if he was the one Brendan wanted and he strengthened our team then how relevant, to us supporters, is that cost.

Likewise.

My cage hasn't been rattled, on the contrary viewing your response though it is your cage that appears to be rattled - which was not the intention of my post.

But the 'what if he strengthens us' card isn't a trump question to ask when somebody is giving thought to monetary matters.

Of course, it is relevant to Rodgers, as he will know his priorities and quite possibly the amount of money he has at hand to spend this summer. So, like you have persuaded, Rodgers may need to do more than merely ask the 'will he strengthen us' question to himself, given the employer he works for. I would have thought that for such a cynical (fair enough) bunch on here in regards to FSG and their operations, this 'angle' would be more considered, no?

Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #24: May 21, 2014 01:56:50 pm
      If the real manager, Brendan Rogers wants him, rather than the armchair managers, that's all I'm worried about. ;)

Just as well you're only worried about what Rodgers wants now, after your train wrecks and armchair embarrasments in the Lucas/Gerrard threads.  :f_whistle:
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,344 posts | 4966 
      Reply #25: May 21, 2014 01:58:58 pm
      But the 'what if he strengthens us' card isn't a trump question to ask when somebody is giving thought to monetary matters.

Never expected it to be a 'trump' question.

I wouldn't say no to him, but the time to buy him was 12 months ago.  Now his fee will have doubled....

I was just curious if Harry would still think this if he was the main guy Brendan seen as strengthening the back four.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #26: May 21, 2014 02:10:17 pm
      Just as well you're only worried about what Rodgers wants now, after your train wrecks and armchair embarrasments in the Lucas/Gerrard threads.  :f_whistle:

Embarrassments?

Have a word with yourself.

I stated that we would leak more goals with Gerrard sitting deep, and guess what? We did.
      I also stated that it would cost us at some point, and guess what again? It did.

So kindly F**k off and go troll someone else.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #27: May 21, 2014 03:01:43 pm
      Decent player from the little I have seen of him. Not sure what sort of price he would be though ?
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #28: May 21, 2014 03:17:06 pm
      Embarrassments?

Have a word with yourself.

I stated that we would leak more goals with Gerrard sitting deep, and guess what? We did.
      I also stated that it would cost us at some point, and guess what again? It did.

So kindly f**k off and go troll someone else.

Yes embarrassments.

Now, are you going to make a further t.it of yourself by implying we would have finished a position higher in the league had Lucas played the (insert Swab's armchair definition of a DM because he reads books  :lmao:)  DM role for the majority of the campaign.

Go on, I dare you, put a nipple on top.  :D
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #29: May 21, 2014 03:28:46 pm
      Yes embarrassments.

Now, are you going to make a further t.it of yourself by implying we would have finished a position higher in the league had Lucas played the (insert Swab's armchair definition of a DM because he reads books  :lmao:)  DM role for the majority of the campaign.

Go on, I dare you, put a nipple on top.  :D

It appears you have something of a problem when it comes to comprehending the written word.

Now, again, F**k off and troll someone else.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #30: May 21, 2014 03:30:08 pm
      Decent player from the little I have seen of him. Not sure what sort of price he would be though ?

Yep, although I'd really like to see more than the bit I've seen.
      Then again, if BR buys him, I'll get my wish  ;D
      chap
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 672 posts | 35 
      Reply #31: May 21, 2014 04:47:24 pm

Mr.Lovern man. SHABBA!

KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #32: May 21, 2014 09:44:38 pm

:D

There's definitely a song in those lyrics for him, good shout.
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #33: May 21, 2014 10:24:32 pm
      We were looking at him previously and could have got him before Pochettino - price is much higher now and I can't see how he would be a massive improvement on what we already have.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,728 posts | 3945 
      Reply #34: May 21, 2014 10:27:20 pm
      We were looking at him previously and could have got him before Pochettino - price is much higher now and I can't see how he would be a massive improvement on what we already have.

This.

I don't see the point in this signing.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,243 posts | 850 
      Reply #35: May 21, 2014 10:28:37 pm

He is better than what we have.

He is a good defender and done fantastically well. He can also pass, see a pass, head, tackle and has great game reading. He would improve us defensively. I still remember he had a fantastic game against us at Anfield, stuffed out Sturridge very well
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      Reply #36: May 21, 2014 10:36:44 pm
      He is better than what we have.

He is a good defender and done fantastically well. He can also pass, see a pass, head, tackle and has great game reading. He would improve us defensively.

The point isn't how much better he makes you - it's how much better and at what cost.

If that deal means we can only afford Dossena rather than Heinze for full back (for instance) is it worth it?

Buying Lovren would make sense if we have decided to cash in on Agger. We could sell him, get his wages off the books and replace him with Lovren and save money that we could spend on other areas of the team.

I'm not advocating that course of action but it would make sense financially.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,243 posts | 850 
      Reply #37: May 21, 2014 10:43:40 pm

The point isn't how much better he makes you - it's how much better and at what cost.

If that deal means we can only afford Dossena rather than Heinze for full back (for instance) is it worth it?

Buying Lovren would make sense if we have decided to cash in on Agger. We could sell him, get his wages off the books and replace him with Lovren and save money that we could spend on other areas of the team.

I'm not advocating that course of action but it would make sense financially.

He is better meaning he would solve some of our problems at the back. We conceded 50 goals last season, which is a ridiculous amount, we need someone who can try to fix it a bit. Lovren is one answer (apart from getting a better GK than Mignolet and a better RB than Johnson), who is good at organizing the defense, can head, can pass, has good skills, good game reading and can tackle. 10-12m he would be a great buy.
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      Reply #38: May 21, 2014 10:57:23 pm

I agree Mig did well but could have been better.

Both full backs need an upgrade.

We need a "controlling" DM.

I would say we could spend money on all of those before looking at spending that much on Lovren. I'm not against getting the next Kompany if we are spending money but he only represents a marginal increase on what we have now.*

*unless we have found a buyer for one of the others, as mentioned above.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #39: May 21, 2014 11:47:15 pm
      It appears you have something of a problem when it comes to comprehending the written word.

Now, again, f**k off and troll someone else.

Well, it was a good job "the real manager" and not the armchair manager in yourself did what he did with Gerrard, because we went from 7th to 2nd in the space of a season - which fully and comprehensively vindicates the "real managers" decision to move Gerrard ahead of Lucas in that .... Eh position.

Now, perhaps when you next have the desire to walk into a thread and initially and intentionally TROLL, you may want to think more carefully about the words you choose in an attempt to wind others up.

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #40: May 22, 2014 12:19:27 pm
      Well, it was a good job "the real manager" and not the armchair manager in yourself did what he did with Gerrard, because we went from 7th to 2nd in the space of a season - which fully and comprehensively vindicates the "real managers" decision to move Gerrard ahead of Lucas in that .... Eh position.

Now, perhaps when you next have the desire to walk into a thread and initially and intentionally TROLL, you may want to think more carefully about the words you choose in an attempt to wind others up.

Again, you appear to have a comprehension issue with the written word.

Now if you can find something wrong or untruthful about those 2 statements instead of making things up to try and appear clever, go ahead, but as you have so far done nothing but make sh*t up I won't hold my breath.

You derail a player discussion with irrelevant bullshit to attempt to belittle another poster, so I think we all know who the F***ing troll is, especially as you travel from thread to thread looking to get a rise.

On ignore now, so I don't have to keep reading your sh*te and can get on with what this thread is actually about.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #41: May 22, 2014 12:41:34 pm

Now if you can find something wrong or untruthful about those 2 statements instead of making things up to try and appear clever, go ahead, but as you have so far done nothing but make sh*t up I won't hold my breath.

You derail a player discussion with irrelevant bullshit to attempt to belittle another poster, so I think we all know who the f**king troll is, especially as you travel from thread to thread looking to get a rise.

On ignore now, so I don't have to keep reading your sh*te and can get on with what this thread is actually about.

Funnily enough, I only recall you in your dogmatic anger trying to convince people the appropriate terminology of the DM role - being the armchair expert you think you are, oh, and the fact Lucas tackles standing on his feet and bemoaning the Gerrard yellow cards, so your not so vociferous predictions were lost among the embarrassments you made in a desperate attempt to prove you were right about the fact Lucas should have played ahead of, or next to Gerrard.

I also stated that it would cost us at some point, and guess what again? It did

What did it cost us, playing Gerrard ahead of Lucas - apart from achieving second place? 10 more goals conceded than last season and scoring 101 goals this season, as opposed to scoring 71 last season with Lucas more prominent and finishing in 7th, yeah right, that cost us.

You are a crazed nutter, who came into this thread and started the trolling with your $hitty sly digs, looking to get the rise you wanted, so don't start playing victim now just because you've been called out on your embarrassing past posts.
      « Last Edit: May 22, 2014 01:06:13 pm by Beerbelly »
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #42: May 22, 2014 05:03:57 pm

You derail a player discussion with irrelevant bullshit to attempt to belittle another poster, so I think we all know who the f**king troll is, especially as you travel from thread to thread looking to get a rise.

Yeah it did cost us. But to move on from 7th to 2nd is pretty incredible. I think you throw anyone in Gerrard's deep role from this squad and we would have conceded just as many. And you honestly can't blame just the DM. The whole back four and Mig need to share the blame. The fact you are saying the fact we leaked so many goals in this season because Lucas and Gerrard shifted roles is crazy. We switched out keepers. Mig is a great shot stopper but Pepe organized and commanded his area so well and his organization and leadership alone would have made us concede less. But he also would have never made some of the saves Mig made.

Johnson was awful this season and not to mention we had a rotating LB with a variety of people being used and we also rotated our CB's quite often. I place blame on all of that plus DM plus changing keepers plus our style of play and tactics. It was not the fact we switched Gerrard and Lucas. What cost us the title this season was losing against Chelsea. No other game mattered up until that point. In my opinion had we drew that game we would have won the title, regardless of how bad our defense was.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #43: May 23, 2014 12:09:31 pm
      Yeah it did cost us. But to move on from 7th to 2nd is pretty incredible. I think you throw anyone in Gerrard's deep role from this squad and we would have conceded just as many. And you honestly can't blame just the DM. The whole back four and Mig need to share the blame. The fact you are saying the fact we leaked so many goals in this season because Lucas and Gerrard shifted roles is crazy. We switched out keepers. Mig is a great shot stopper but Pepe organized and commanded his area so well and his organization and leadership alone would have made us concede less. But he also would have never made some of the saves Mig made.

Johnson was awful this season and not to mention we had a rotating LB with a variety of people being used and we also rotated our CB's quite often. I place blame on all of that plus DM plus changing keepers plus our style of play and tactics. It was not the fact we switched Gerrard and Lucas. What cost us the title this season was losing against Chelsea. No other game mattered up until that point. In my opinion had we drew that game we would have won the title, regardless of how bad our defense was.

F**k me, not another one who can't read.

I made 2 predictions.
      They both were correct.

There's nothing difficult to understand.
      2 predictions, both correct.

Now if people could kindly get back to the topic on hand, that'd be great.
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #44: May 23, 2014 04:53:20 pm
      F**k me, not another one who can't read.

I made 2 predictions.
      They both were correct.

There's nothing difficult to understand.
      2 predictions, both correct.

Now if people could kindly get back to the topic on hand, that'd be great.

And did you not read my post? Maybe you are the one who can't read.

1. You can't prove that we leaked more goals because of Gerrard playing deep. How do you know we would have not leaked a sh*t ton more if Gerrard was playing forward more? You do not know that. You will never be able to tell if you prediction was true or not because you have no idea how many we would have let up if Gerrard was not playing deep.

2. Gerrard playing deep cost us? Actually no it did not he was instrumental in a lot of goals playing in that deep position. Obviously the more goals you concede the more likely it will haunt a team so that alone is not a prediction it is common sense.

Quit criticizing others and maybe try to understand others people's posts, not shove your thoughts down their throat.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #45: May 23, 2014 06:08:21 pm
      And did you not read my post? Maybe you are the one who can't read.

1. You can't prove that we leaked more goals because of Gerrard playing deep. How do you know we would have not leaked a sh*t ton more if Gerrard was playing forward more? You do not know that. You will never be able to tell if you prediction was true or not because you have no idea how many we would have let up if Gerrard was not playing deep.

2. Gerrard playing deep cost us? Actually no it did not he was instrumental in a lot of goals playing in that deep position. Obviously the more goals you concede the more likely it will haunt a team so that alone is not a prediction it is common sense.

Quit criticizing others and maybe try to understand others people's posts, not shove your thoughts down their throat.

We conceded more goals with Gerrard playing in a deep position on his own. That's a fact.

Conceding those goals left us with a GD that was almost impossible to overturn, and it could be said that chasing those goals against Palace cost us the chance to go level on points. That's also a fact.

By the way, until I was attacked by another poster I wasn't criticizing anyone, and I'm still not.
      The two statements stand on their own as factually correct no matter which way people try to twist them.

Finally, this isn't the thread for this conversation, which is why I keep F***ing repeating that this thread is not the F***ing place for this conversation.

Quick Reply