Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Most Over-rated 11

Read 885 times
      Kharhaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 685 posts | 200 
      Most Over-rated 11
      May 22, 2014 01:38:56 am
      I have seen many great players over the years who have got nowhere near the recognition they deserve simply because so called better players hog the limelight. So I am going to voice my opinions on the most over-rated players I have ever seen.
      now understand, they may have been good at one point, but lets not complicate "World Class" with "Well Known". And so I shall begin...

GK = Victor Valdes. How the hell has this guy stayed at Barcelona for so long? HOW THE HELL HAS HE STAYED IN THE SPAIN TEAM FOR SO LONG?

RB = Gary Neville. Lets be honest here, if Rob Jones didn't get the injuries he did, this clown would not even get a look in for England.
      CB = Carles Puyol. Its not just me is it?
      CB = Rio Ferdinand. Always Injured, banned for failing to give a drugs test and truly believes he is gods gift to defending.
      LB = Roberto Carlos. I never rated him as a defender. Now don't get me wrong, he scored some truly brilliant goals, but world class left back? not a chance.

RM = David Beckham. Compare him to Gerrard, or even Lampard, and come back to me.
      CM = Paul Scholes. This guy couldn't tackle to save his life. A pretty important trait for a midfielder. He could score some goals, but take that from him and he offers nothing else.
      CM = Frank Lampard. I heard a rumour he is the editor of "Shoot" magazine. The most shots during a world cup and didn't score one goal.
      LM = Luis Figo. All I ever heard during world cups or championships was how good this lad was, but I never saw it ! He played for Inter and Real Madrid and the games I saw he never performed once.

CF = Zlatan Ibrahimović. Again, its not just me is it?
      CF= Wayne Rooney. The question isn't where to start, but when to end. One sentence, whenever he plays the whole team takes a huge step back.

So there is my list. I don't rate any of those players as world class. I think its simply a case of if your face fits.

What are your choices?

Quick Reply