Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W9 D10 L12

Cameron Brannagan (Liverpool > Oxford)

Read 30766 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Re: Cameron Brannagan Player Thread
      Reply #23: May 08, 2016 10:35:56 pm
      Great little cameo today, showing he is comfortable on the ball and can play a pass. Hopefully he has done enough to make sure we see more of him with the last two games of the season.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #24: May 08, 2016 10:43:09 pm
      Should be playing instead of Stewart in the centre or instead of Ibe behind the striker.
      Binomial
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 885 posts | 37 
      • Doing things over and expecting different results
      Reply #25: May 09, 2016 07:53:25 pm
      brannagan is showing to be a nice little player.

happy 20th birthday.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #26: May 26, 2016 09:01:21 pm
      https://www.facebook.com/LiverpoolFC/videos/10154358140362573/

I've been saying this a lot in match threads. I think this guy is quality. This is what he can do, and in games I've been impressed with him. I think given the time Stewart has had, or Ibe... Why not Brannagan? Through the academy from age 5... Come onnnnn... It sure sounds tempting to me.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #27: May 26, 2016 09:13:55 pm

I've been saying this a lot in match threads. I think this guy is quality. This is what he can do, and in games I've been impressed with him. I think given the time Stewart has had, or Ibe... Why not Brannagan? Through the academy from age 5... Come onnnnn... It sure sounds tempting to me.

From what I have read/heard Brannagan is one of the ones that JĆ¼rgen really likes the look of.

mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #28: May 26, 2016 09:39:12 pm

Been waiting for him to make a breakthrough into the first team for a while. Even though we don't have European football next season I hope Klopp takes more of a chance on him and features him alongside somebody like Can in a few league games. He's soon going to be at the stage where he needs proper games to aid his development.

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #29: May 26, 2016 10:03:26 pm
      He looks like he needs filling out a bit, we know JĆ¼rgen likes big physical specimens.

Get him on the same weights regime as Origi.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #30: Jul 13, 2016 03:19:05 pm
      Hope he gets some more minutes tonight.  The more he plays the better he'll get.

Liverpool FC's Cameron Brannagan says Fleetwood is MASSIVE for him.

11:24, 13 Jul 2016
          Updated 12:31, 13 Jul 2016
          By David Prentice

Liverpool midfielder desperate to make an impression JĆ¼rgen Klopp in pre-season.

IT might be a low-key pre-season friendly at a 5,327 capacity League One Stadium, but for Liverpool midfielder Cameron Brannagan tonightā€™s trip to Fleetwood FC is ā€œmassive.ā€

The 20-year-old made nine senior appearances last season - eight of them under JĆ¼rgen Klopp - and was handed his full Premier League debut in the last match of the league campaign at West Bromwich Albion.

And he is keen to catch Kloppā€™s eye again in pre-season.

ā€œHopefully I can work my hardest in the games and in training and try to prove what Iā€™m about. The gaffer is watching and I might get a chance this year,ā€ he told liverpoolfc.com.

Brannagan was named in the starting XI for Fridayā€™s opening friendly at Tranmere Rovers and is hoping for more exposure at the League One side tonight.

ā€œThere are a few lads up here this year, some of the younger lads are here, the older bunch as well and some of the players who were out on loan,ā€ he added.  Everyone is dying to impress the manager; he is the new manager and everyone is keen to get going.  You can see that in training with everyone working so hard, especially with the running weā€™re doing ā€“ everyone is running their socks off.  To get fit and to be able to play to your best potential, thatā€™s what you need to do.  Being fit helps you do that, especially at the end of games when itā€™s hard and you can dig out a result.  Itā€™s always good to show the manager at that time that youā€™re still ready to go.ā€

So far Brannagan has not been allowed to leave the Reds and gain experience on loan, but he is open to the prospect.

ā€œIā€™m only a young lad and loans are a big thing at my age ā€“ going out and experiencing what itā€™s like to play,ā€ he said.  I donā€™t really know what Iā€™ll be doing yet; Iā€™ll speak to the gaffer about it in my own time and when the gaffer wants to speak to me, Iā€™m happy to talk about it.  But Iā€™m just going to keep training and working hard, and when the games come try to impress the manager as much as I can.  Thatā€™s my aim this year ā€“ train hard and work hard and see where it takes me.ā€
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #31: Jul 13, 2016 09:26:10 pm
      Thought he did well in  making himself available, linking defense and attack and overall positioning. Played a lot of simple balls and a couple of efforts didn't come off, but I thought acquitted himself quite well on the night against admittedly not very good opposition in the 2nd half.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #32: Jul 18, 2016 12:47:34 pm
      Really like the look of this lad.

Could show some of the more "senior" lads how to take set pieces.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,071 posts | 2746 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #33: Jul 18, 2016 10:40:44 pm
      Ready for the first team? Save us wasting money in the transfer market?
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #34: Jul 18, 2016 10:57:12 pm
      Ready for the first team? Save us wasting money in the transfer market?

We have a couple of fellas that might be ready this season and same for next...I am sure the gaffer is looking at that very closely and its great to see the emphasis being placed with Linders and his developmental group.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #35: Jul 20, 2016 07:14:59 pm
      Not in the team sheet for Huddersfield. Hmmmm.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #36: Jul 20, 2016 07:47:23 pm
      I see now he is resting a sore hamstring and will travel to U.S. Good.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #37: Aug 02, 2016 07:40:04 pm
      When he came on last night I thought he read the game very well. Kept dropping almost behind the back line to get the ball and sort out the problems the defenders had with building any attacking. Only then did we start to see Coutinho get some opportunities with the ball in the forward third (complemented Henderson as well). I realize he's likely to leave on loan to get regular first team football, but I hope it's with a Premiership side because he is definitely good enough for that.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #38: Aug 02, 2016 08:15:28 pm
      When he came on last night I thought he read the game very well. Kept dropping almost behind the back line to get the ball and sort out the problems the defenders had with building any attacking. Only then did we start to see Coutinho get some opportunities with the ball in the forward third (complemented Henderson as well). I realize he's likely to leave on loan to get regular first team football, but I hope it's with a Premiership side because he is definitely good enough for that.

I'm not sure he will Rob.  Wigan wanted him and JĆ¼rgen said he was staying put although if a PL club comes in for him it might be different.

I get the feeling he likes him and wants to develop him in house.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #39: Aug 02, 2016 11:08:43 pm
      I'm not sure he will Rob.  Wigan wanted him and JĆ¼rgen said he was staying put although if a PL club comes in for him it might be different.

I get the feeling he likes him and wants to develop him in house.

Agree about Klopp liking him. Whatever is best in the long run for Brannagan as an LFC player.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #40: Aug 05, 2016 09:00:11 am
      This Wigan loan deal has resurfaced in the express
      and saying deal could be done in the next 24hours
      http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/696880/Liverpool-complete-midfielder-transfer-Deal-could-be-done-next-24-hours-News-Gossip

if he is not to have minutes with Liverpool this season , its a good move for the club and the player, and for wigan too I guess
      YNWA
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #41: Aug 19, 2016 11:36:41 am
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #42: Aug 19, 2016 11:56:39 am
      I like this clause, it gives the club an indication of how serious other clubs are of adding the player to their squad. I'd like for us to never go through an Ojo experience again where he's sat on the bench for some guy that struggles to cross a ball properly.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #43: Dec 13, 2016 12:06:09 pm
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #44: Dec 13, 2016 12:59:42 pm

Good loan for him that.  Chasing promotion and working with a very good manager who did wonders when at Bradford City.

Not sure how much game time he'll get as looking at their squad they're pretty stacked with midfielders, most of whom have played around 20 games already this season.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #45: Dec 13, 2016 07:21:17 pm
      Hope it works for him. Still like him very much as a player, but one thing he's never going to be is big. Of course, if we keep picking up injuries, JĆ¼rgen may have no choice but to keep him.

Quick Reply