Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Moto GP & Isle Of Man TT

Read 46885 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Re: Isle Of Man TT
      Reply #46: Jun 05, 2015 10:14:00 pm
      The old timers Bruce and McGuiness are flying this week as well and I fancy Bruce for the first Superbike race.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #47: Jun 06, 2015 06:03:48 pm
      No Racing today due to very high winds..
      Had a little shuffty around the paddock at the back of the grandstand..Some mean looking machines ..
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #48: Jun 07, 2015 09:00:23 pm
      Bollox to yer Cricket and yer Tennis...
      Todays Superbike race was awesome ..
      Bruce the Kiwi Ansty took the crown (No 5)
      John McGuiness on his first lap (No 1)

Boys we're touching 180mph about 2 ft away from me...

Incredible stuff
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #49: Jun 07, 2015 10:00:57 pm
      Bollox to yer Cricket and yer Tennis...
      Todays Superbike race was awesome ..
      Bruce the Kiwi Ansty took the crown (No 5)
      John McGuiness on his first lap (No 1)

Boys we're touching 180mph about 2 ft away from me...

Incredible stuff

Glad you enjoyed it mate!

Race looked great from the highlights I've juts watched and great to see Bruce getting the win.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #50: Jun 10, 2015 09:47:19 pm
      Glad you enjoyed it mate!

Race looked great from the highlights I've juts watched and great to see Bruce getting the win.

Just a quick update...

Great day today for racing.. near perfect conditions all round the circuit. Watched the Sidecars at Ballagarey today.. Those guys are proper fearless !!
      Birchall Bro's took it again for the second time this week.
      Hutchy bagged the 4 lapper at midday..The lads on fire !!
      Micky D flown back to NI for some serious Physio in the hope he can fly back and win the 6 Lap Senior on Friday..
      Good to see Guy Martin on the podium today even if it was 3rd !

Great footage on ITV4 at 9 each night for those who haven't checked already..

srslfc & racer34 ..do you both own a Motorbike?? ...
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #51: Jun 10, 2015 10:49:36 pm
      Just a quick update...

Great day today for racing.. near perfect conditions all round the circuit. Watched the Sidecars at Ballagarey today.. Those guys are proper fearless !!
      Birchall Bro's took it again for the second time this week.
      Hutchy bagged the 4 lapper at midday..The lads on fire !!
      Micky D flown back to NI for some serious Physio in the hope he can fly back and win the 6 Lap Senior on Friday..
      Good to see Guy Martin on the podium today even if it was 3rd !

Great footage on ITV4 at 9 each night for those who haven't checked already..

srslfc & racer34 ..do you both own a Motorbike?? ...

Just about to post mate as I'm catching up on a recording from last night.

Hutchy is on fire this year and I heard about Mickey D today and he'll be putting everything into the big race on Friday.

I'm not sure about Racer but I don't own a bike as of yet mate but I have been wanting to get my tests for ages now but can't find the time. Hope to sort it over the next year or so.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #52: Jun 10, 2015 11:07:49 pm
      Forgot to mention well done to Lee Johnston for 3rd place on the Stocker.

An up and coming rider from County Fermanagh is one to keep an eye on this year, Lee Johnston, after his first North West win on the big bikes a few weeks back.

;)
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #53: Jun 11, 2015 12:31:28 am
      Forgot to mention well done to Lee Johnston for 3rd place on the Stocker.

;)

Yep.. clocked him coming through earlier in the Supersport race.. think he finished about 6th..thats pretty f**kin quick around the TT
      Couldn't mistake the sound of him on the Triumph..
      No racing tomorrow, just debating where to watch the Senior race on Friday.

Hope you get it together for your test next year or so srslfc and maybe get yer ass over here and do a lap or two of the mountain course..

I've lived here for nearly 30 yrs and the TT still blows me away every year with the continued higher faster lap/race times year after year.

FTR ... I don't own a bike myself either...but i've always had and will continue to have, total respect for those guys who race on two wheels.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #54: Jun 11, 2015 12:36:51 am
      Yep.. clocked him coming through earlier in the Supersport race.. think he finished about 6th..thats pretty f**kin quick around the TT
      Couldn't mistake the sound of him on the Triumph..
      No racing tomorrow, just debating where to watch the Senior race on Friday.

Hope you get it together for your test next year or so srslfc and maybe get yer ass over here and do a lap or two of the mountain course..

I've lived here for nearly 30 yrs and the TT still blows me away every year with the continued higher faster lap/race times year after year.

FTR ... I don't own a bike myself either...but i've always had and will continue to have, total respect for those guys who race on two wheels.

I thought Lee might have even won this year but maybe a bit too soon for him. Delighted he got the 3rd place and like you say he went well in the smaller bike as well.

Can't wait for the big race on Friday now.

You been keeping up with ITV 4? They do a real good job for the TT.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #55: Jun 11, 2015 12:53:42 am

Can't wait for the big race on Friday now.

You been keeping up with ITV 4? They do a real good job for the TT.
      Yeah the ITV lads do a great job on the coverage ..the HD footage they use is awesome..The helicopter flies virtually over our house as it streams up the course about a minute or so from the start.. great stuff..
      The onboard footage is unreal..your just mesmerised as to how the riders know when to manoeuvre the bike around the course, especially under the trees and that..
      As soon as the calendar goes up on the wall at work in January i'm straight in to book TT week off....
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #56: Jun 11, 2015 12:59:51 am
      Yeah the ITV lads do a great job on the coverage ..the HD footage they use is awesome..The helicopter flies virtually over our house as it streams up the course about a minute or so from the start.. great stuff..
      The onboard footage is unreal..your just mesmerised as to how the riders know when to manoeuvre the bike around the course, especially under the trees and that..
      As soon as the calendar goes up on the wall at work in January i'm straight in to book TT week off....

I'm just jealous you're so close mate.

Although we have the North West and the Ulster on our doorstep. Never mind Cookstown, Tandragee, Armoy and the like.

TT is still the ultimate though.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #57: Jun 11, 2015 01:00:09 am
      I thought Lee might have even won this year but maybe a bit too soon for him. Delighted he got the 3rd place and like you say he went well in the smaller bike as well.
      He got his name on the podium for the Zero race which is cool...just pipped Guy Martin which, again, is no mean feat..
      It takes time to master the TT so his time will come if he keeps his head on his shoulders.. believe me..
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #58: Jun 11, 2015 01:02:22 am
      He got his name on the podium for the Zero race which is cool...just pipped Guy Martin which, again, is no mean feat..
      It takes time to master the TT so his time will come if he keeps his head on his shoulders.. believe me..

He'll definitely win one at some point.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #59: Jun 11, 2015 01:10:18 am
      You've gotta hand it to Hutchy though..
      He's had over 50 major operations over the last 5 years to get himself back to full fitness in order to win at the TT again.. That's, sort of, half screw loose and half sheer grit and determination..dunno which is the more stubborn.. the naivety or the dedication..

Interesting if Dunlop (M) appears on the grid Friday morning though..
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #60: Jun 11, 2015 01:21:26 am
      Meant to say, I missed the Zero race leaders as they went through by ours as they we're so bloody quiet.. I left the house too late to catch them at the end of the road..Normally you can hear them in the distance but with the electric bikes you only hear a whisper,, really strange if your a petrol head.. takes a bit of getting used too..
      It is part of the future I suppose..which is fine..
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #61: Jun 11, 2015 01:21:56 am
      You've gotta hand it to Hutchy though..
      He's had over 50 major operations over the last 5 years to get himself back to full fitness in order to win at the TT again.. That's, sort of, half screw loose and half sheer grit and determination..dunno which is the more stubborn.. the naivety or the dedication..

Interesting if Dunlop (M) appears on the grid Friday morning though..

Loved watching Hutchy this year and I'd bet my house on Michael being there on Friday. He'll not miss it.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #62: Jun 12, 2015 10:07:14 am
      The big day is here!

I have a real feeling for Lee Johnston in the Lightweights coming up soon but can't see past Hutchy or Bruce on the big bikes later.

Love to see Mickey D win it, if he makes it, but after a disruptive week I can't see it.

If your there 6stringer I hope you have a great day and I'll catchy he highlights later.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #63: Jun 12, 2015 10:20:50 am
      That Zero bike is unreal.
      118mph average. No wonder Dunlop ditched the Yamaha for ONLY doing 121.

Amazing how fast technology is developing.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #64: Jun 12, 2015 10:53:44 am
      That Zero bike is unreal.
      118mph average. No wonder Dunlop ditched the Yamaha for ONLY doing 121.

Amazing how fast technology is developing.

It's crazy the speeds their hitting on the Zero's now mate.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #65: Jun 13, 2015 08:41:15 pm
      The big day is here!

I have a real feeling for Lee Johnston in the Lightweights coming up soon but can't see past Hutchy or Bruce on the big bikes later.

Love to see Mickey D win it, if he makes it, but after a disruptive week I can't see it.

If your there 6stringer I hope you have a great day and I'll catchy he highlights later.

I was there mate..Great race ..In the end..
      I watched it on the straight coming out of Union Mills and again on the apex at Ballagarey by ours..
      As i'm sure you already know by now the race was red flagged on the second lap when Jamie Hamilton came off just after the Cronk y Voddy straight doin about 150mph..
      Just heard on local social media he's been airlifted to a UK Hospital in a serious condition..
      I'm not surprised ! Thats a fast corner where it happened.. Just hope he recovers okay with all bits intact..

On the other hand an amazing 4 lap restart in the end..
      Records were being smashed on every lap.. pleased for McGuiness as he had a pretty sh*t week really..
      As did the Dunlop brothers...Michael still managed a lap of over 130 though as did Martin,Anstey and Hutch..
      Incredible stuff..
      A few rising stars to look out for.
      Lee Johnston
      James Hillier
      Dean Harrison
      Dan Kneen... all did ridiculous speeds around here.. I mean Hillier hardly knows his way around and he's hitting 131 ave lap speed and clocked on Sulby straight in the speed trap doing 186mph.. That's outrageous !!!
      Great week of racing.. Can't wait for next year.. saying that the MGP in August is pretty quick as well around here.

I'll upload a few photo's I took during yesterdays Senior ..just a bit hungover at the mo.. ugh...
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #66: Jun 15, 2015 08:09:49 pm
      Dan Kneen (15)..touching about 160mph... I had to screen shot these off the video... Mentalist !

I've got a few vids but the file size is over the limit to post.. dunno how to reduce them to enable upload..

6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #67: Sep 03, 2015 02:50:30 pm
      Classic TT highlights on ITV4 tonight at 9pm.  :)

Final day of racing on the Island all day tomorrow (Friday)
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #68: Sep 03, 2015 03:03:00 pm
      Classic TT highlights on ITV4 tonight at 9pm.  :)

Final day of racing on the Island all day tomorrow (Friday)

Nice one.

Been following it on Twitter this week.

Quick Reply